His writing is boring at best and absolutely cringe worthy at worst
How did he ever got popular again?

Attached: bendis.jpg (1639x922, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T6OQD4JywTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

look at his lips

are they in another picture

DC gave him a job because DC is a dying publisher run by people who have no idea what they're doing in LA reporting to studio executives and overseen by studio executives who are wary of interfering because every time they do things get worse

he went to DC because he thinks he might get a screenwriting or producing gig out of it eventually, which is what he originally aimed for in his 20s before becoming a comic book writer

he's even published an autobiographical graphic novel about his time in LA which shows a startling lack of insight into why he couldn't find work out there (basically: there are only about 5000 people in LA working in tv and film at any one time, but there are 4 million people living there and it receives 50 million visitors a year, a startling number of whom are trying to get into tv and film themselves, so competition is fierce, ideas are cheap, and even if you're talented and connected you are 100% not guaranteed to find work, but Bendis thought it was because he wasn't connected and his work was perfect or close enough that some editor ought to have fixed the problems for him after he got paid, which is what all useless asshole writers think)

Connections at Wizard Magazine.

I don't know who this is

He had a couple good runs 20 years ago and he's been coasting off the reputation of that ever since.

He's extremely adept at playing office politics so he constantly gets himself put on books that's numbers are going to go up anyways because of an upcoming movie or something similar. This has lead to a vicious cycle where no one has liked any of his shit for a really long time, but he keeps getting high profile slots because his books are still selling, even if it's a technicality.

EVS mentioned that magazine in his last video: youtube.com/watch?v=T6OQD4JywTU

I'm genuinely curious as to why you enjoy watching these guys. EVS is a smug boomer and Zach sounds like he drinks onions for 2/3 meals. They also both have horrible taste in comics and shit on things just because they're popular. They pretty much only like things where it's muscled up guys punching things for the entire issue.

Not to mention that they're using comics gate to grift people.

>I'm genuinely curious as to why you enjoy watching these guys
>They also both have horrible taste in comics and shit on things just because they're popular
You answered it yourself

The best way to "win" the SDCC "PR war" is to announce his ousting from DC entirely.

>shil falseflags to turn this into a CG thread.
Anyone taking the bait is falseflagging. Fuck off.

All these threads are by Bendis and he enjoys all the complaining he gets.

Waaaaahhhhh Bendis this Bendis that
Waaahhhhhhh

Wahhhhhh

This isn't actually a personality

I actually thought he was a meme until I picked up his Miles’ run a couple days ago. Nothing but identity politics and having Tony repeatedly say sorry for being a rich white man, not to mention the dialogue being awkward with everyone asking questions. Then everything made sense when I found out Bendis is a jew.

He’s a shill user

It's Grant Morrison

Keep crying. He is making DC great again

Ultimate Spider-Man and some solid runs with Marvel before getting too much power and just doing whatever he liked. I know people are going to point to Disassembled to say he was never good but even the best writers have some botched ideas and runs. Early Bendis was actually good. He just went to shit with Siege and got progressively worse over time.

But by then he made a name for himself and people bought comics with his name on it. So then he got high profiled comics and set up future stuff for himself and got the best artists. He made it so that it was harder for him to fail and people continued to buy his comics.

Nah. Kys.

He got acclaim for his stuff in the 90's. Wizard, Warren Ellis, and others were praising his crime comics stuff. Then he got mega-popular when he did Spider-Man at a time when the main Spider-Man books were really bad under the Byrne years (and only starting to improve because of Paul Jenkins), which made Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man look fresh and new.

Then he did Daredevil and Alias which also got a lot of acclaim. Then he did Avengers which pissed off a lot of people but he somehow managed to draw in a readership and keep the Avengers as Marvel's top selling title. Probably partly because Spider-Man and Wolverine were on it, and partly because there seemed to be ongoing mysteries.

He did do a series though. He did a few and they were terrible when his name was attached to them. His only break through series was 100 bullets I think or powers or something. I can't even remember and that tanked.

>EVS is a smug boomer
True.
>Zach sounds like he drinks onions for 2/3 meals.
The fuck? He sounds like a typical boomer dad.

>His only break through series was 100 bullets I think
That was Azzarello

Attached: bendis.gif (355x200, 1.4M)

not in the 1990s when he was out there the first time

you're right about his shows being shitty tho, I think the first one was exclusive to the Playstation Network

He's such a smug fat faggot.

No he's skinny now. It makes the smugness so much worse.

He made exactly one mediocre work that people thought was cool and deep -- Alias -- and then got a bunch of attention for killing off Peter Parker in Ultimates and replacing him with Miles Morales.
The only thing he can write passably well is quirky teens with attitude, so that stood out among the absolute fucking garbage that was Ultimates, and then he became famous.

He's popular? THAT guy?

Have sex

What guy?

Sex? You mean like the chromosomes or sex-sex?

Yeah, Powers was on the Playstation network. I don't think I heard much about it here. Jessica Jones was on Netflix, but I don't know how much say he had on that or Defenders. There's supposedly a Sam and Twitch project in development but I have no idea if that'll get made.

Bendis is an infection. He spreads like an std in whatever company that hires him.

Marvel was a clusterfuck of failure when he worked there. Now we have Cecil, feminism and cuck memes for some reason.

Sure, Marvel isn't getting that much better but it is in a better condition than it was 2 years ago. And all it took them to improve slightly after nearly 15 years of pure shit, was getting rid of Bendis.

>feminism and cuck memes
How come these two seem so... related?

Nigger

Save hex.
Casting couch.

Have what? Me have... Sex? sex!? As in you know... sex sex? Like, no funny business, right to the point, pokey-holey sex?

Oh my

Attached: c8cb7566079e0093956333821e5950c8.jpg (474x474, 43K)

I'm really not sure just why he is writing superhero comics in the first place. It seems like he is not in any way interested in the hero parts at all. And leans more towards human interaction in wacky but ordinary situations.

He seems like he wants to be a sitcom writer, or at least a romcom movie writer. Why is he wasting his time in a lower pay, lower respect form of media that he very obviously does not care for?

Attached: 888.jpg (500x534, 42K)