Who is Marvel's "Wonder Woman"? It certainly isn't Carol, as nobody ever gave a flying fuck about her before 2018

Who is Marvel's "Wonder Woman"? It certainly isn't Carol, as nobody ever gave a flying fuck about her before 2018.

Attached: gurl power.jpg (2048x1080, 145K)

Storm

>Still SEETHING
More like it isn't Carol because Carol is actually successful

Attached: 1422825982621.png (300x439, 19K)

I don’t marvel has one honestly, a stand alone female hero. Since every single one is connected to a team or a previously established male hero. Though I do want to say she hulk, she embodies a lot of what I imagin Wonder Woman does. Strong, smart, confident, respected, unafraid to be goofy, and openly sexual. Obviously this is all pre Aaron bullshit but I’ve just started diving into she hulk and she’s a lot of fun. I’m still unsure why anyone though reducingher to a hulk rip off would be interesting

I love Wonder Woman but she's a pretty broken character. Able to get hit by literal gods but can be killed by a shape fork? Huh?! Trying to make a dumb weakness character that is given 'plot armor' kinda like Batman and strength kinda like Superman is not only hard to do but impossible.

Wonder Woman only works because Superman and Batman exist. Think about it, Bats is a human who can somehow fight at the level of Wonder Woman whose entire life is about battle basically+peace but mainly he shouldn't be able to hold a candle to her combat wise. Then you got Superman a sun absorber that's basically the most powerful being ever. She works because writers actually go out of their way too, because fans don't go crazy when Diana gets jobbed or worked over.

Captain Marvel, as much as I like her too doesn't really have any issues. They got rid of her alcohol problem, reconned getting raped by her own future son, and got rid of her sex addiction. I mean if she's gonna be really power then give her something to overcome mentally at least. Superman has the whole, help everyone thing which can be problematic at times. Batman has the no-kill rule...

Lastly, DC resets everything eventually but marvel keeps everything and just recots stuff it doesn't like out.

They don't have one.

Storm, Rogue, Jean Grey, Sue Storm. Basically every good female character they had was tied to the franchises they couldn't use for the MCU. That's the only reason a D-tier character like Carol got such a hard push. I'm pretty sure they did a half-assed attempt to push someone else before her but I can't remember whom.

Storm.

Attached: Amazon_Vol_1_1.jpg (400x612, 66K)

>Who is Marvel's "Wonder Woman"?
Marvel doesn't have a Wonder Woman, the most relevant fems are Susan Storm, Jennifer Walters, Jessica Drew and Storm.

No one
There's only one Wonder Woman

Attached: 1563599881161.png (1920x1200, 1.38M)

>I don’t marvel has one honestly, a stand alone female hero. Since every single one is connected to a team or a previously established male hero.
Spider-Woman is neither, but fuck would you be hard pressed to market her that way.

>Jessica Drew
>relevant

They don’t exactly have one. I know a lot of people would say Storm or Jen, but the problem with them is that they’re always gonna be tied back to not being strong enough to start on their own.

Storm was ultra popular in the 90's, like everything X-Men. I think her weak representation in the Singer movies hurt her, tho.

>There's only one Wonder Woman
Aren't there fucking 3?

I mean, i'm not talking about...
Look, you get the idea

I think Pepper has the best shot at being the MCU's leading lady after they kind of bungled Scarlet Witch.

Shouldn't you be asking if DC has a Captain Marvel OP?

Attached: BTFO.png (393x231, 12K)

Everyone loves Halle.

Marvel doesn't have a Wonder Woman. Carol's the closest you get to one in-universe and they forced the hell out of her to put her in that position.

Out of universe, it's debatable. Her movie did a lot for her popularity, but I'm still not sure if you can accurately call her Marvel's Wonder Woman without stretching it a bit.

More than Carol, you could include Doreen Green, Rogue, SW, Wasp BW and few others

The thing is, Wonder Woman is a part of a trinity, and to the outside view, the trinity for Marvel is Thor, Steve and Tony.

>More than Carol
user Carol's book is the only place Jessica Drew is even appearing right now.
And as soon as Carol stopped appearing in her book the sales plummeted.

>and to the outside view, the trinity for Marvel is Thor, Steve and Tony.
I think you meant Spider-Man, the X-Men, and the Avengers.

Absolutely NONE of these are more relevant or have a better sales pull than Carol. I mean, Wasp is relegated to Iron Man and she has always been more of an Avengers support cast member.

I wish we got Patsy instead of Carol.

Attached: Patsy_Walker_AKA_Hellcat_1_Campbell_Variant.jpg (1988x3056, 1.28M)

>The X-Men
Lol no. When will this meme end? They're in the shitter right now, they're not pulling good numbers and in the movies they were ridiculed to death, not to mention the adaptations clearly shied away from the source material as if they were ashamed of it.

>so irrelevant she got turned into a shitty Carol knockoff for the MCU

Attached: heh.png (1097x805, 1.28M)

Carol is irrelevant in the comics historically, before the reboot she was a side character in the Starjammers ....

She was in the Avengers prominently via Stern and Buziek. I get that you didn't read comics and are going by what the wiki says, but that's simply not true.

It's kinda insane how much better Carol looks in Endgame compared to her solo movie. All they did was invert the colors, add the sache and give her a dyke cut. Also she had about a minute of screentime which is eye to not making her awful.

Attached: Hmm.jpg (859x741, 45K)

You're right, that's why they have to relaunch the book after every 10 issues to get those #1 issue sales, she's just so successful!!!

It's selling much better ever since Life of Captain Marvel, actually.

They dont have one. All theyre top females are legacies, off-shoots, team members.

>successful
Fake news, the movie is succesful, the comic is not.

it's not 2000 anymore, granddad

Wait people gave a shit about WW before the movie?

Attached: 1320463833793.png (316x208, 75K)

Because Wonder Woman isn’t the 7th attempt at making the name sell comics

They don't have one. Carol was their best bid because the majority of Marvel heroines are heavily associated with teams. For example you think of Sue Storm not as an individual, but as a member of the Fantastic Four. Same goes for all the mutant heroines, heavily tied to The X-Men rather than being solo acts. The remaining leftovers are either so obscure or have next to no material to work with. So it's not surprising why Carol was pushed so hard as "Marvel's Wonder Woman", it just didn't pan out the way they wanted.

With that all said, is there anyone left at Marvel that could fill that role, or are they better off just creating a new heroine entirely at this point?

Attached: Marvel Heroines.jpg (520x392, 107K)

I could only name Storm or Rogue

Allow me to answer your question with another question.

Who is marvel's Captain America?

Sounds dumb? Well, nobody gave a fuck about Captain America before 2011 except comic readers, maybe 100k people out of the tens of millions that see the movies.

Even in comics, Cap was just a grunt soldier for many years. It wasn't until the late-70s and early-80s that Cap was pushed more into the leadership role of the Avengers. The writers decided to change Cap's role one day, they did so and it stuck. Oh, old readers probably complained about this new role being forced on the readers but it became the norm over time.

Carol is Marvel's Wonder Woman because Marvel decided she was going to be so. You comic fans simply dont matter, the market is the normies.

Hell, she isn't even Marvel's Wondy, she is Marvel's Supes. Don't like it? Well, might want to skip the next 10 years of Marvel movies then.

Instead of trying to have a wonder woman they should have just tried to do their own thing.

Tony isn't their Batman ( comparisons or rich billionaire that funds everything aside hes really not ) Thor isn't their Superman.

They should have just given us a Scarlet Witch Solo movie. Its a character already introduced that people know.

In my audience when i saw Endgame nobody really cared for the carol scenes just eh. But when Wanda fucking sees Thanos and loses her shit the whole audience popped. Because they knew who she was, why she was angry and cared.

1/10. Made me reply

This but unironically

Cap still had a decent level of awareness simply by virtue of being in near every marvel game and highly recognizable shield.

Definitely not superman, batman, or spidy level, but was able to have long runs on his books and be made fun of in parady media.

>Who is marvel's Captain America?
>Sounds dumb?
That would still be Captain America, because he's a marvel character. I know it's probably a typo but I'm still going to jab at you for it

I dunno she almost ruined the movie, in those few minuets of screen time we saw her belittle all of the major characters and deflate all of the tension out of the final battle. It should’ve been nova, at least he would’ve had emotional stakes in the plot and a legitimate reason to not be around for the bulk of the movie

>Well, nobody gave a fuck about Captain America before 2011
Even if he wasn't the most beloved superhero of all, people certainly knew who Captain America was and they knew he was supposed to be an important character.

Threadly reminder that Tigra could be Marvel's next Wonder Woman if they began to give a shit.

Attached: Marvel Chillers 3 Tigra.jpg (400x619, 83K)

>I dunno she almost ruined the movie
talk about overreacting

Attached: ww-bitch-please.gif (640x480, 159K)

Yeah, basically any Marvel female could've been Marvel's Wonder Woman if they had gotten the push that Captain Marvel had.

He's right though. If nothing else, she soured every scene she was in.

Yes because have her systematically steal every single one of Nebulas victories helped her character. And obviously that’s why the only threads of hers that ever get close to bump limits are the blatant shill threads and the random ss ones that pop up. But I understand woman only find strength in who they stand over, not who they stand next to.

Sue maybe?

I guess that would explain why her comics are pretty consistent, the constant demand for movies & show, stable power set, and respect for her plane before the movie.

Attached: 1477696834785.jpg (228x239, 51K)

Well you're right, but I was mostly talking referring to "best candidates" in terms of material or lack thereof for expansion. The sad thing is that Carol did have every chance to be Marvel's Wonder Woman, it's just that the overzealous push and lack of decent writing alienated most from it ever happening. It's kind of similar to the Miles Morales situation, who ten years later is only NOW slowly getting some competent material.

Attached: Ms Marvel Carol Danvers.jpg (600x900, 87K)

Except she's way bigger than Wondy and all her series have been excellent.
Keep seething, incel.

Carol started as sidekick of mar-vell.

he isn't important to the mcu

You should have asked who is DC's Captain America

That's like asking who DC's Spider-Man, Hulk or Wolverine is.
There is none because that's not how it works.

Wonder Woman is one of the most recognizable characters in existence, her name is in the western lexicon in the same way "Superman" is, or "Sherlock Holmes" or "Zorro".

It's a big problem if studios/publishers try to treat their characters as equivalents of each other instead of treating them differently. That's how Marvel got popular in the first place; they WEREN'T Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman who everyone on earth could name, Spider-Man was a totally original character with his own appeal, Hulk and Wolverine were really different from previous superhero characters, etc.

I think instead of focusing on trying to make ONE female character their "big" one, they need to just build ALL their characters up as well as they can. That's why their version of Carol feels so artificial, they're heaping an unearned importance on her before they've even started exploring her potential.

That's how they need to make their female characters succeed, stop trying to make one the be-all end-all and instead give each one their own approach. Carol having a problematic past, She-Hulk and Storm being attached to other properties, and other issues like that are only problems if you're expecting to have a "Wonder Woman" equivalent. Harley Quinn was an adaptation-originating henchman to a Batman villain and now she's one of comics most popular females because they focused on her individual appeal.

No she didn't you absolute turbocasual.

>That's like asking who DC's Spider-Man, Hulk or Wolverine is.
Sideways and Damage

She was a sidekick . You moron.

Not him but when the hell was Ms Marvel ever a fucking sidekick to Captain Marvel?

Writers reference Carol's alcohol problems all the time, it tends to pop up whenever things get tough for her, ya know like most recovering alcoholics.

Attached: bottle.jpg (1988x3056, 1.45M)

After Carol got her powers she immediately moved to New York, stole all of spideys supporting cast, starting working at the daily bugle and really didn't use Mar-Vell at all other than in the flashbacks of her origin. Hell for the first few issues Carol and Ms Marvel were like separate entities sharing the same body or some nonsense. Comics are weird. Eventually they would starting hanging out, but she never acted as a sidekick for him, at least not at the beginning.

>There is none because that's not how it works.
Tell that to any thread about villains, where people can't help but trip over themselves in a rush to force characters to fit the dynamics of more popular hero/villains. Also tell that to Greg Rucka.

You're really trying, and you should get a little pat on the back for your effort

Carol just because all the X-Men were sidelined for a decade.
Storm did have the role for ages though, she even at times has implied goddess status. We'll see if they put here back to that status in the future, but Carol just made a billion dollars in theaters, so I doubt she'll ever be a second stringer again.

Attached: Storm hot01.jpg (413x807, 132K)

Reminder

Attached: Queen of -co- SLAYING.jpg (1938x698, 339K)

it's thor.
the DC:marvel big 3 are batman:iron man, supes:cap, wonder woman:thor
archetypically, these characters check the same boxes as each other.

alsox-men comeback is imminent, hickman comics come out in a few days and the MCU movies are sure to be announced next year

Wait you’re bragging about a new release being at the top of the charts? What? I thought she had a good week but it literally just ducking came out? You are the saddes fan base I’ve ever seen, you literally do nothing but brag about you at best decent movie, talk about money and shit over everything else. Fuck comics really do deserve to die.

/thread

> Team character. Plays second fiddle to Cyclops, Wolverine, and Panther.

I think there are more than that

WW
Troy
The blond
Arthemis
The black one

And i'm probably missing out.
She doesn't have as many knock offs as Flash or legacies as Bruce but still, plenty.

>Who is Marvel's "Wonder Woman"
Here she is.
And she's black, because Marvel is way more diverse than that DC shithole.

Attached: Shuri.jpg (1200x800, 93K)

The movie did bring Shuri from "T'challa has a sister" to household name. If we're just talking MCU, it's anyone's game, but she's just starting her next big push in the comics. I'd say Valkyrie will be more popular than Shuri just due to being the more of an action hero type character.

Wanda is a much more compelling character than Carol, and played by a much better actress. She's a reluctant heroine and complex.

But she does not quip, and the MCU uses alot of recent material and Wanda is an irrelevance in post-2005 comics.

Shuri will be in Black Panther 2 and probably have a small role in WandaVision.

>x-men comeback is imminent, hickman comics come out in a few days
This is certain and while I'm no X-Men fan I do think Hickman will breathe new life into it.
>MCU movies are sure to be announced next year
Try "in five years", that's what Feige himself said.

>implying your average westerner would recognize Zorro
His series may still be popular in some parts of the world but it’s still pretty niche in the anglosphere. Besides don’t all the translations have to call him “Zolo” because of some old Antonio Banderas movie from the 90s?

literally who?

Is Shuri a household name? Iron Man and Captain America are, but Shuri is D list even in the MCU.

>Who is Marvel's "Wonder Woman"?

Thor, oddly enough.

Mantis because she's a qt and the best girl out of all those uglies.

comics will be great! his dark/mystical-ish kind of storytelling suits the characters well i think
source on "in five years" ?
why would the movies take so long to develop? surely feige n co. had contingency plans in mind for what they'd do if/when they got x-rights

There is not a Marvel WW, but She-Hulk was probably the first marvel heroine to have her own fanclub and readers. Hers comedy would work quite well in the current MCU with a film about absurd court cases.

I know that now Larson is here to stay, but I would really like them to throw away everything they did in the first movie to reorganize the character, in something better, closer to 2005 Ms. Marvel.

Attached: 81HwjTqraPL.jpg (1097x1652, 312K)

This.

>Hers comedy would work quite well in the current MCU with a film about absurd court cases.
Well, Disney will have to work with Universal on that one. Might be able to license her as a supporting character though.

Shulk could be, if they weren't more concerned with keeping her out of the limelight to spote muscle girl fetishists

Yep. Cap is the all-american icon, Tony is the genius billionaire and Thor is the godly chick.

Okay, stand alone hero...shit, I dunno. Black Widow?

You mean constantly rebooted and relaunched despite failing?

Oh right, silly me. I had forgotten this detail.

Is Carol the one who got raped by her time travelling son who then impregnated her causing her to give birth to him? I'm guessing they don't reference that anymore?

Fuck you, FOX, for wasting her twice.

It's Carol, and Marvel's gonna keep forcing her down our throat until we agree to it

>I'm guessing they don't reference that anymore?
I wouldn't. Like, ever again. The fact that Bendis mentioned it a few years ago was bad enough. I know every comic character gets raped at some point but... this didn't even serve a real story purpose except Jim Shooter hated Carol and wanted her written out.