Giant Days

Giant Days beat Immortal Hulk, Batman, Black Hammer, Gasolina, and Runaways for best ongoing series.
Has anyone else here read it? I think it's great and am glad to see it getting recognition.

Attached: giantdaysmosaic.png (970x545, 849K)

Not really my thing but all my friends love it, so props to Allison and company (esp. now that it's wrapping up)

The dream of having a Uni life as cool as Esther/Daisy/Susan got me through my final year of A Levels and shitty first year of Uni, and a lot of the issues about them facing things like failing exams and stressing out over house hunting came out eerily close to when I was dealing with those problems too and made me feel a lot better. But after that things improved for me a lot and I didn't feel the need to read it any more.

I should catch up now that it's ending though. Apart from the relatability factor it is legitimatley really good.

Let me guess, there's dyked in it aren't it

College SoL is way better than high school SoL.

One of the 3 main characters is a lesbian, yes. Is that a problem?

No comic more deserve ing

The original artist was really good and was the only reason to read it. The plot is just the same Azumanga Daioh knockoff the anime industry has been shitting out for the past 20 years.

Let's take note that John Allison might be the first person to go from webcomics to mainstream comics to winning an Eisner.

>Azumanga Daioh knockoff
Except it's in college, not high school, which automatically makes it better.

The writing is better than any slice-of-life anime released in the last 20 years.

The writing is better than most comics released today, for that matter.

I kinda rejected it from the jump because it was founded in Dark Esther immediately cheating on The Boy the first chance she had, and it wasn't even because the Queen of Hell who was at the same university and had a grudge with Esther did something magic to her.

Besides Bad Machinery is the best Allison.

You're probably right, we'll most likely see more of this in the future.

This is actually a pretty good book. I only read it for the art, but it really gets better after #3. I really liked the school ball episode.

But it’s a torture and pain to see that Ed never goes out with Esther.

She’s so cute.

Attached: 30181651-451E-4939-9167-5A11FA79C064.jpg (1332x2048, 580K)

He gets an Australian amazon waifu instead, I'd say he came out on top.

Attached: Ed scores.jpg (1008x1600, 418K)

All of the Mystery Kid Girls were Best Girl.

Esther would have just cheated on him with some crappy guitarist.

Just keep her away from the alcohol.

The conext says "Bellybuttons" but the art screams "Lumberjanes"
Which one is the closest?

Yeah well. At least he is happy. He deserves it.

It's a SoL British comic about college girls, nothing in common with Lumberjanes.

Why is it called "Giant Days"?