Batman v Superman

>People went into this expecting a light-hearted movie
Did 2016 audiences not know what Batman stories are like?

Attached: batman-superman-trailer-screenshots-collage.jpg (4244x1752, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LfkmwgU9E_U&t=28s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why would superman brood?!

Because the story was being told from Batman's point of view.
Bruce thought he would brood.

>expecting a light hearted movie
according to literally who

um, everyone just went through TDK trilogy, and Man of Steel. NONE of those movies are light-hearted.

YOU are dumb and this is shitty bait.
exactly. like, what? who the fuck are you trying to fool here exactly? even if this is bait who do you hope to fool?

People went in expecting a good movie.

Do DC fans know what Batman stories are like?

Attached: 4563456.jpg (1801x1080, 939K)

I bet people didn't even watch TDK!

Many of the reviews lamented the fact that it was not upbeat. This would imply they expected an upbeat film.

it has superman in it, it should be upbeat

Not really. But casuals like you do think this.

Which does make me wonder why user would post this:

Why did WB’s marketing for this movie fuck up so badly? Imagine if they hadn’t spoiled Wonder Woman and Doomsday in the trailers, you walk into the theater having no idea and then BAM big reveal

Big reveals don't sell tickets for opening weekend which is all they were concerned with.

They fucked up but spoike sell more tickets than non spoiled moments.

because the audience already walked out of the theater by that point

>snyderfag
>calling anyone a casual

>casual
>calls me snyderfag as if I give a fuck
Go read a comic faggot.

Bvs and mos are top tier comic book movies. Don't understand how you could like batman or superman and not see how superior these movies are

Because casuals watched the donner flick and TAS and think they know a thing or two about Superman. Casual Batfags who hated that Bale wasn't back were never going to be satisfied either.

World's Finest was a better version of this movie.

>Bvs and mos are top tier comic book movies.
yeah I really like when they made lex luthor an autist that giggles in between every word to capture his comic feel

Attached: 62532125487595215.jpg (827x419, 30K)

Personally I liked how Lex not only knew about the other members of the JL but even gave their YouTube videos their owl little iconic symbols

I still remember a very tired movie worker trying to warm a father that the movie about superman wasn't appropriate for children. I actually saw parents dragging out their kids crying while waiting in line for the next screening.

This. Adam West Batman is best Batman.

How much did that banner cost OP?

Attached: D_3KXu9VAAMX5in.jpg (1200x900, 52K)

It's more "hey comic fans, here's a thing you know!" and they were pretty desperate since BvS did pretty shit.

>>Did 2016 audiences not know what Batman stories are like?
Do you not? Batman's had 3 shithouse grimdark movies and 5 not. Since this was not a part of the Dark edgelord trilogy, it's not that unreasonable to expect it to be fun Batman again because why wouldn't they distance themselves from that crap, especially when co-starring a lighter hero like Superman.

Attached: holy.gif (200x200, 478K)

It would've been better if everything else was just like the movie but Superman has a smile filter everytime.

Attached: file.png (1916x796, 786K)

Attached: FaceApp_1563638645988.jpg (1916x796, 574K)

I think people weren't expecting:
>Murder Bats
>SuperDoubtfulAboutBeingAHeroman
>Superman fucking dying
>Robin being dead
>Nothing heroic happening

>>Murder Bats
Normies didn't care about that, only spergs, normies were mad that batman was the ANTAGONIST. They didn't like his ROLE in the story.
>>SuperDoubtfulAboutBeingAHeroman
Superman struggle wasn't a problem for non superdaddyfags, they were loud about the movie NOT HAVING ENOUGH superman, superman had like 60 lines and the public hated that
>>Superman fucking dying
No one got mad, not even you
>>Robin being dead
It was in the trailers
>>Nothing heroic happening
Go fuck yourself manchild. The movie was shit, but stop trying to retcon reality, normies found the movie BORING and too serious, Yea Forums manchildren don't represent reality,

>Go fuck yourself manchild
lmao

No, I was expecting a decent fight between Batman vs Superman, instead it was just a couple of minutes of them just throwing each other against walls. It was so disappointing and uncreative.

Im guessing the "normies" you're talking about are either Marvel fans or people who don't go see kids movies, right?

Nobody expected it to be lighthearted, they just expected it to not be over the top edgy and retarded.

One of the problems is the tone, Yea Forums is a retarded board that falls into the "not muh" argument so most arguments here should be ignored, but the main issue aside from Warner intervention was that Snyder is TOO GOOD getting the reactions he wants from people, his autism allows him to understand the effect sound, music and dynamic visual changes have in people, but at the same time he doesn't get that people won't enjoy his choices, Snyder movies are JOYLESS, they are not thrilling, he isn't edgy or even grim, but he does makes the public anxious, people can enjoy fear, there's enjoyment to emotional releases while watching movies, but Snyder doesn't do that, his action is hard, heavy and he CHOOSES to make it even worse for the public, The music in BvS and MoS is fantastic, but there's little space for joy or thrill, it's mostly about struggle and melancholy.

Take this scene, with the music some of the weight snyder put in the movie is gone
youtube.com/watch?v=LfkmwgU9E_U&t=28s
This doesn't mean the music is to blame, it's all on Snyder CHOICE of making the movie JOYLESS, he succeeds at making you feel superman's doubts, hating the bad guy (when most capeshit villians suffer from the "cool guy" or "sad backstory" syndromes). The public wanted to have fun for 2 hours and Snyder gave them almost 3 hours of violence that almost never got framed as heroic, take batman, the first for heroic scene he had in BvS was after his fight with superman and in superman's case, most of the things he did before that were framed on how he was affecting the world and how that was alienating him. When the movie came out i remember reading how it was a classical revenge tragedy, and sure, it was, the problem is that there's a reason why revenge tragedies haven't been hugely popular for centuries and aside from some italian westerns they were never that big of a deal in movies.

Attached: brainlet.png (570x740, 223K)

There's nothing edgy in the movie.

>nothing heroic happening
But that's not true.

Your
>Superman fucking dying
Proves you know this.

Heroic = superman saving a cat and saying ma'am

well they got their wish and pretty much only sold tickets in the opening weekend