65 episodes planned

>65 episodes planned
>Only got 26
>Will probably never get a good Spiderman show again
Why are we here? Just to suffer?

Attached: MV5BMWZmYTI4MDctMzU4OC00ODJmLTkwMTgtYjRmMDRkMzc3NWZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1455x2220, 917K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0dEP_TebXaE
youtube.com/watch?v=NOR0DGwp3H8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard_(comics)
youtu.be/nOAyJPc3Nx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Just to suffer?
Yes.

I wonder if they could've made the clone saga actually good

Adelaide Productions was god tier and then they dropped off the earth as a company. I still see their names pop up in other shows though.

It was so good, fuck Disney.

*their names
I meant the show runners from that production house. Sony’s never known how to maintain a good thing.

I can't believe Disney came out swinging with EMH when they took back all the tv rights, but then immediately dropped the ball with nearly every other cartoon. I would blame Loeb and Man of Action, but I know it was mostly Perlmutter's bullshit. That and I think all the good cartoon writers went on to work on movie scripts.

I mean just read the demeaning interviews of all the TV execs talking about how cartoons are just for toy ads and nothing else.

Like its an overall marvel tv problem and nothing else.

I loved the intro :

youtube.com/watch?v=0dEP_TebXaE

One of the best parts of the show was the fight scenes and how it managed to form Sinister Six twice. I also love how they reimagined the characters. MJ was the cool girl that hung out with people and Peter hadn't set his sights on her yet, Eddie Brock and Peter had a much closer relationship before the Symbiote incident, and Gwen Stacy as a nerd that was friends with Peter long before he became chad through the spidey powers. Their portrayal of Flash, JJJ, Aunt May, and Norman Osborne are all S-tier as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=NOR0DGwp3H8

Is there ANY possibility of it coming back? I'll fucking help crowd fund it

Attached: The Spectacular Spider-Man.jpg (1128x957, 195K)

EMH had a huge drop in quality after Loeb took over so I think he does get pretty much all the blame.

That's because he didn't want overarching stories anymore in favor of more episodic plots. That and he was already determined to cancel the show at that point so he could make a more MCU-like Avengers cartoon. He's the reason why Spider-Man's lines were redubbed from Keaton to Bell, because Ultimate Spider-Man was coming

>Spider-Man's lines were redubbed from Keaton to Bell
I will never forgive him for this.

Right? God I'd kill to get Keaton's original dub back in those episodes

didn’t EMH start before the acquisition? Hence why they rushed the ending

It was 65 episodes plus adult-oriented DTVs set in college because of Weisman's autistic attention to detail when it comes to timelines and plans.

I feel like the next season would’ve been set in college. At that point he pretty much dealt with every story line he could’ve done with Pete in high school and the time skip would’ve worked well with seeing how Harry and Gwen’s “relationship” continued

is it true that they would've killed off gwen if it kept going? what else would've happened if it wasnt canned?

They had the clone saga set up, there’s slconceot art from season three and I believe it shows the scorpion and maybe hobgoblin

I recall dr warren showing up but I dont remember them saying something about cloning peter

In the college DTVs. We still had a summer vacation and a senior year of high school to go where he'd continue play it young-kid-friendly.

Warren was the brother of Pete’s science teacher and took over conners lab as ESU, we see him genetically modify Kraven and it’s implied he figures out peters identity through that

People bitched and moaned about Young Justice too and now everybody hates it. It's better off dead.

Yeah but even pre-streaming YJ had narrative issues that only got worse in the revival

The focus on Spidey alone vs. the broader narrative in YJ would’ve allowed for more focused stories. Even if Weisman and Cook were given access to the Marvel universe, they planned to restrict the team-ups to one per season.

>conners

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard_(comics)

Yes miles warren took over curt conners lab

Shows are either cancelled or run into ground.*

*Save for Mystery Inc.

Attached: badchoices.jpg (500x756, 109K)

I've heard Greg was planning to keep College for straight to DVD movies so he could tell more mature stories.
Though that seemed a little ambitious, cancellation or not.

He said he'd keep her alive through high school, but also that Peter/MJ was endgame.
The conclusion people draw is that she'd die in the DTV college stories but Weisman never straight up said that.

I liked that, although this Harry started slipping off the sloap much earlier tham his comic counterpart, you can still tell they actually read and are basing him off the comics.
Instead of making him Peter's cool or badboy friend that every adaptation makes him these days, they kept him neurotic, passive aggressive and not that popular except when on the green.

There's even a sense of tragedy to the whole arc, similar to the Best of Enemies arc, when he's falling under his dad's influence despite how bad Norman is to him.

Attached: SpectacularSpiderMan-s1e08-Harry_GobulinGreen_2.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

Millenial here, TAS was more entertaining

Attached: 8e7.gif (320x240, 269K)

The way they did Josh in EMH was bullshit.

Wasn't Harry originally part of Flash's gang and one of the ones that made fun of Peter?

>last good marvel show ended 7 years ago
it's not fair

Attached: kingpin rhino.jpg (536x718, 105K)

>Yeah but even pre-streaming YJ had narrative issues that only got worse in the revival
S3 is literally just as good as S2. Take that as you will.

In the comics he and Gwen befriended Flash in college and then literally all of them thought Peter was a snob. Even Gwen, although she was also attracted to him.
He wasn't THE COOL KID like a lot of people seem to think however.

Benis managed to make an alright clone saga in ultimate Spider-Man. So I don't think Spectacular would have had a problem.

I think this Harry is a little bit more pathetic because of what is the trigger reason to drink the Goblin Piss, his prom date leaves him to return with her ex w/o realizing he was right next to her when they did it.

Seriously, what the fuck Gloria?

At least we got this out of it:
youtu.be/nOAyJPc3Nx4

>>Will probably never get a good Spiderman show again

aren't there talks going on for a Spider-verse series?
shit, we might even get to see spectacular in it.

Unironically never seen this. Is it genuinely worth it or is the show one of those Young Justice scenarios where it isn't actually good at all but people beg to brint it back anyway because it isn't like the shit airing today?

Its pretty good. Character designs are simple but the fights are animated well. You also don't get the too many characters because the story focuses on Spidey.

Yeah, fuck them. It was a real step down from spectacular, though I do have to admit that their Silver Sable was really cute.

Attached: sable ass.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

I'm surprised they have the balls to show Spidey
hitting her in the face, webslinging stuff at her and slinging her around, and going all out at her he like he does against his other opponents. Sort of gender equality I can get into.

The show's look is passable, but the animation is so bad.

It's pretty good, and one of the more faithful adaptations of Spider-Man. It really got Pete's character more than any other show that came after it.

2017 Sable's design had all the cuteness that 2017 Black Cat's should have had.

Yeah. It's really cheap. I wasn't exactly a huge fan of Spectacular's art direction, but I'll take it everyday over Disney's take if it means I get actual fluid animation and interesting fights.

Attached: Spiderman tied to tree.jpg (432x667, 47K)

>2017 Sable's design had all the cuteness that 2017 Black Cat's should have had.
Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with that short haired Black Cat.

Attached: sable jet.webm (1280x720, 2.29M)

I was a fan of Carolyn Trainer myself. Too bad they had to redeem her immediately.

Brave and the Bold and Beware both had Batman outright punch female villains. The latter show was particularly brutal on Mapgie.

Twin sister of Magpie?

I wouldn't mind MSM as much if the voice acting wasn't grating and if the animation was better. I still find it and USM to be guilty pleasures.

It's not like Disney doesn't know how to animate interesting fight scenes either. They just really didn't give much of a shit for 2017.

Attached: Shego.jpg (448x409, 32K)

Why is the animation so messy.
I don't understand.

It's not like it's limited or rushed animation.
It's just incompetent.

It's the avengers assemble animation

Bruh....

Really wish we got a Bruce timm Paul dining Spider-Man. Would have been pretty nice.

Attached: bat.jpg (652x415, 52K)

She'd be so much hotter if the animation was better and the characters weren't always so off-model.

>what they were thinking with that short haired Black Cat

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

>Those hips and legs
>skin tight suit
>cute face and hair

Attached: ce9.png (309x309, 122K)

Dude, Dini one of creators of Ultimate Spider Man

Literally the same voice actress.

I miss Magpie, though. Shame she kind of disappeared after the Ra's al Ghul arc ended.

It looked terrible for BC.

Attached: Black_Cat.png (1919x1079, 803K)

They were going for a younger look for her, same as most of the characters like Octavius. She's probably much closer to Peter's age than her mid 30s.

Attached: 57271c36f03b8fc9762d03bd10b9cd97.jpg (971x1024, 192K)

Dude fuck no. That's not what I wanted. The tone the art none of it resembles BTAS. I watched ultimate and have it a chance. The only good parts were the last couple of seasons when they has the storyarcs and even the. The action and the animation everything is so cringe. It's all trash.

Attached: E7625E32208340C2828671F3A2B98B42.png (1278x957, 2.3M)

It's genuinely good. I would even call it harrowing at some points, because the narrative just goes through this near constant arc of struggle generated by Peter's secret identity. The characters are all well fleshed out and even the things they changed, like Eddie Brock having grown up close to Peter, feel organic. Sometimes the romance stuff can feel a little bit eyerolling, but only in the way that comic book romances between teenagers is always going to feel.

It had a notoriously short run so I'd just say take the plunge and watch the show. The super angular designs may take a bit to get used to but they look a lot better in motion than they do in static images.

>he didn't want overarching stories anymore in favor of more episodic plots
What is it with this fags and episodic episodes?
Why can't anything have an overarching story?

i never knew this and now im upset

In the context of Spectacular Peter really should have told the Connors his secret identity.

After saving him from being a lizard monster for the rest of his life.

Somewhere around halfway through the second season would be good. They had almost figured it out anyway.

I think the 3rd would have managed that kind of story, several people slowly discovering that Peter is Spider-Man, finishing with Harry knowing it too and putting Gwen's life in peryl or something like that.

Honestly the hero expanding his circle of people in the know is one of my favourite things.

Really liked this show. Symbiote suit vs sinister six sticks out in my mind as a genuinely great fight scene. Though I did like the opera house fight a lot as well.

All the characters and just the tone of it all felt perfect. Mysterio was my favorite villain but he almost always is. The banter between characters was good enough that even the school drama was fun and engaging.

I really liked how much they lifted from early Amazing comics too, you could tell just how big of fans the people behind this were and it translated into a good show really well. I mean they actually used Enforcers as Spidey’s main reoccurring villains just like in ASM, barely anyone even remembers those guys.

The elbows were drawn really fucking weird but it’s whatever.

I really wish we could’ve seen how it would have ended. Unfortunately I dont see it ever coming back. It just hit the tone and delivery in such a way that it feels like one of the most definitively “spiderman” spiderman works out there.

>Spider-Man's lines were redubbed from Keaton to Bell

...I’m sorry, WHAT? Did they really redub all the main characters lines to fit in with the newer stuff? What the fuck?

Shit animation.

I don't think so, man. Sony owns the rights to everything. Marvel thinks it'd just be easier to make new series rather than try and continue this one through Sony.

>...I’m sorry, WHAT?
Yeah it happened. They never told Keaton, they just up and redubbed all his lines in favor for Drake Bell since Ultimate was coming. He mentioned it on twitter

Yeah. They don't even show his foot making contact with her jaw. It's like they cynically think kids won't notice or give a shit (they will, they just won't be able to articulate why it looks bad or off). Doesn't change the fact that Sable's design is cute.

Attached: MSM.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Gwen, Harry, and MJ didn’t show up until Peter first got to ESU

That’s just awful.

I assume the only way to get the keaton dub is unofficially?

Man fuck disney.

I should watch EMH some time. And you say Spider-Man is in the tail end of it but I have to find a version with Keaton instead of Bell?

There is no available Keaton version. It's 101% lost.

Well shucks

Would he do another dub?

So what is the consensus on the Disney XD Spider-man?

I am growing fond of it.

>it's lazy.
>It looks cheap
>the fights are uninspired
>they have jarring cuts (like it won't even show the Spider Man's fist making contact with the villain, it'll show a wind up, then cut to the villain flying back)
>unsatisfactory endings to fights (like some fights end without the villain even being seriously incapacitated, nor is their any follow up after the fight, it just cuts to Spider Man celebrating his victory or hanging out with his friends)
>the animation choppy and bad
>the script and voice work merely serviceable
>its clearly aimed at younger audiences without much appeal to older ones, like some of the more successful cartoons are.
>some of the girls are very cute though, like .

Saying all that, it's not as horrible as some people make it out to be. It's a bad Spider Man cartoon, especially following up Spectacular, but in comparison to everything else, it's okay. Not great, not bad, just forgettable.

Nice dub dub trips, btw.

I’m sure the original dub can be found SOMEWHERE online.

What are the odds it got recorded?

Even back then pretty much every episode of a moderately popular cartoon would be ripped and released pretty quickly. I’ve seen the whole show and I don’t think I ever watched it on an actual tv.

I don't love some of their creative choices but it's got more hear than Ultimate.

But that animation and boarding. Filmation looked better.

With Hobgoblin set up for the 3rd season, I think they'd have left any Green Goblin stuff still season 4.

I know those Gargoyles crossovers have Harry suiting up straight away, but it never makes sense to me in canon given he's just seen his dad die that way amongst other things. I think the series would have built it up more.

I'm pretty sure that they never aired the original Keaton version anywhere. I could never find it.

Also, the time it takes between voice recordings and the animation being completed is months, if not close to year. A change to Spidey's voice could have been made during that time, easily.

Honestly the death of this and Earth's Mightiest Heroes are why I hate current Marvel, among other things.

Current Marvel is MCU, MCU, MCU. Not cartoons for babies.

it's really disappointing that despite the brand being successful, hasn't translated into better vidya, cartoons, and comics. it's just been mcu. it doesn't help that mcu is the one carrying everyone on it's back. everyone else is just so incompetent. pre-disney is somehow still the best.

Even then the MCU just feels so fucking homogenized. Quill, Lang, and Thor are all pretty much the same character.

can you blame them? it's just business. they've figured out a winning formula for the movies and they'll milk it until its dry. it's incredible how much they penny pinch everything.

I got like 6 episodes in and I appreciate that they actually are fans of comics and know the Ditko and Romita runs but I just can' t watch a show with this dogshit art style. How to ruin something great with a single bad decision.

Attached: 08978-9.jpg (1292x538, 356K)

You managed to watch 6 episodes and STILL complain?!

Finish the show! That's an order!

Full of relationship drama.
It’s trash.

I would gladly throw money at a revival

only that pissed me off was giving Peter a mole on the face

I really can't see the hate for the artstyle, other than the odd joints and the girls same face, they look fine.
Animation looked great.

>I know those Gargoyles crossovers have Harry suiting up straight away, but it never makes sense to me in canon given he's just seen his dad die that way amongst other things. I think the series would have built it up more.

I know what you're talking about, and I don't think that was Harry. We never get a straight answer if it is him. My guess is that was Roderick himself testing out the costume and equipment.

Dude, read Spider-Man's high school stories, every second issue has him fucking up with a love interest. It's a Spidey staple, get used to it casual

The artstyle was an initial turnoff for me too (one of the few things that MSM has over SSM; it has more appealing character designs at a glance), but the simple designs allows them to have some very good animation/fights. Besides that, the show has some really good dialogue/banter and overall writing.

>the show has some really good dialogue/banter

Post some examples.

>one of the few things that MSM has over SSM; it has more appealing character designs at a glance
I'd really emphasise that "at a glance" thing. The more I watched the more I noticed the same face.
There's some truly bizarre design choices going on with the villains, and the characters are so often drawn with odd anatomy.

Attached: vlcsnap-2017-09-03-18h21m22s137-620x349.png (620x349, 210K)

The fuck is going on here?

And why are the eyes always highlighted despite no other through seemingly going into the lighting in this show.

Attached: Raymond_Warren_(Earth-TRN633)_from_Marvel's_Spider-Man_Season_1_3_001.png (716x548, 478K)

I hate these

this looks really terrible holy shit

looks worse than usm vulture, m8.

Fuck man I loved this so much, the artsyle was great, the fight scenes and drama, I hope they realize how much they fucked up.

I used to hate this show it’s too late when i started enjoying it

The only case of same face i can recall from Spectacular Spiderman was Gwen and Aunt May, and even both had a few distinguishable features like the chin form and the size of their glasses.

I know Spectacular's Feral Kraven was probably it's most unpopular creative decision, but it still never looked like this.

Attached: Sergei_Kravinoff_(Earth-TRN633)_from_Marvel's_Spider-Man_(animated_series)_Season_1_10_001.png (896x988, 814K)

Was referring to MSM, but there was a bit going on with the girls where they played it safe with the cute girl features.

MSM feels like they just copypaste the same facial features on to almost all their characters.

Attached: lizgwen.png (389x226, 98K)

Greg commented on the art style and it was an intentional decision. They worked out with the animation studio just how much detail they could do without impacting the ability to do a lot of action sequences or cause production delays. Considering those fights like Spidey vs Sinister Six or that fight versus Gobbie at the end or in the foundry then I'm willing to give it to them.

Bro, that's not Liz.

sorry wasn't paying attention

>(they will, they just won't be able to articulate why it looks bad or off)
This was me with Spidey only ever being allowed to shoulder check or webswingkick people. Same with Logan and his claws in X-Men TAS. Motherfucker could only use that shit on robots or that blasted salami it was always a little strange to me but it never really clicked until i rewatched both a few years ago.

>a cancelled Greg Weisman superhero cartoon gets revived for a third season on Netflix
>it's the wrong one

I would still perfer they bring gltas or beware the batman

Same here. Some of those old cartoons from the 90's just looked off compared to the anime I was watching as a kid. Couldn't really think of why though until I became an adult.