Villain is bad

>Villain is bad
>Gets redeemed despite committing genocides and destroying historical artifacts

Attached: 1555513192653.png (270x257, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_López_(serial_killer)
corrections.govt.nz/resources/research_and_statistics/journal/volume_6_issue_1_july_2018/effective_rehabilitation_through_evidence-based_corrections.html
web.archive.org/web20161110055629/http://www.thenation.com/article/islamophobes-white-supremacists-and-gays-for-trump-the-alt-right-arrives-at-the-rnc/
theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are you talking about ISIS?

Steven universe

>implying isis is bad

Attached: C-ikI8zUwAAyCSN.jpg (1053x900, 151K)

Of course they would apologize to their backers

Are you talking about Iroh

I'd like to know what happened in Megan McCarthy and Rebbeca Sugar's lives to make them so invested in redeeming the cruellest and most vindictive characters in the shows they control. It feels like they think that they're showing us that- if maniacs can be redeemed everybody can be redeemed. But they haven't figured out that cartoons are not an accurate representation of real life. Especially cartoons made exclusively to prove a point.

I feel like one of those things isn't as bad as the other.

I assume OP started this thread after seeing me sperg out in the Stephen Universe thread. Just to start this conversation off on the right foot, I'd like to share some examples of what happens when the "punishment isn't justice" pussies get their way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_López_(serial_killer)

>Cruelest
Oh are they torturing humans now?
>Vindictive
A can opener doesn't hate the can its opening user. A Diamond doesn't even consider an organic more than an ant under a boot.

thank you

Fucking missionary.

Bet he's rolling in his grave right now.

they are teh sort of spineless endoctrinated retard that belive "bad people" are only committing mistakes, and that they could totally heal them with a song and a hug. It's basically the bad marriage syndrom applied to everybody instead of just the bad husband.

Wow cool anecdotes user too bad a scary story isn't an argument.
Just because some criminals can't be redeemed doesn't mean all criminals can't be redeemed.
Here's a study - you know, something that includes actual data - to look at, rather than cherrypicking the most convenient story for your point.
corrections.govt.nz/resources/research_and_statistics/journal/volume_6_issue_1_july_2018/effective_rehabilitation_through_evidence-based_corrections.html

Makes sense. I think I remember hearing that Megan McCarthy said that she believes that there are no bad people. Only people who are confused.
I might be taking that quote out of context. But, on its own, it's not a good look.

>When you see evidence of true human cruelty. But you still have to win an argument on the internet.

Attached: Huey.png (264x378, 60K)

>When you try to compare alien AI's harvesting minerals and therefore destroying planets as a result to humans deliberately deciding to murder innocents for no reason other than murder or other psychopathic tendencies.

>Oh no he dismantled my poorly thought out argument I better strawman him
You're just full of fallacies to justify draconian justice systems, aren't you. I've got data, you've got a couple scary stories. One of them is evidence because it's real data, the other you only presented to assuage people emotionally.

You mean like the literal nazis working for the Apollo missions that the US worships as heroes?

Attached: Wernher_von_Braun_1960.jpg (440x561, 51K)

It's analogous to the Christians who believe that everyone believes in (their particular version of) God, the devil, and their denomination's formulations of right and wrong, and that everyone who says they disagree are intentionally lying to deceive people. Western civilization has been so dominant for so long that many people don't realize that there are people who actually disagree with things they take for granted. Since, they believe, everyone ultimately agrees with each other, and only needs open dialogue to negotiate peaceful coexistence, This is part of the ideology underlying the push for diversity as a good thing in and of itself. Meanwhile, they miss why, say, homosexuals may not be very keen on Muslim immigration.

So what villain or villains throughout all of media had the biggest redemption base on their the number of atrocities they've done?

Attached: 1554896375574.png (500x500, 418K)

Not that user. Also, your data is flawed and, even if it wasn't, couldn't be mapped onto human experience and morality.

>villain is bad
>plans a world war for decades
>kills one of the main characters' best friends
>after a 15 minute talk, the MC somehow manages to convince the villain that he's not so bad after all

>Meanwhile, they miss why, say, homosexuals may not be very keen on Muslim immigration.
Right, how convenient, in your rant about how everyone secretly agrees with each other, you add in a tidbit in the end based on totally nothing on how you think homosexuals secretly agree with you on Muslim immigration.
Fun fact, Muslims in America tend to be more accepting of homosexuals than Evangelical Christians in America. You haven't even considered that Muslims would come to America BECAUSE it is more progressive than their original countries in the first place due to other aspects of their personal make-up, such as their education and etc.

>Your data is flawed
Then provide the argument that demonstrates it. Or can you truly only argue through fallacy, such as just stating "nuh uh its flawed bc i said so"? Construct a real fucking argument, dipshit.

Probably the diamonds. That's why the Steven Universe fandom is torn in two between people who disagree with Sugar's attempts to force a reality that accepts her worldview and people who don't want to have to accept that the world is more complicated than Sugar's worldview.
It would have been fine if the people who got redeemed were Kevin or Ronaldo. But Sugar created the most evil antagonists she could for the purposes of showing that anyone could be redeemed.

>Then provide the argument that demonstrates it.
Why? Even if I did, you wouldn't stop arguing. You just want to shout people down. Which is probably why you're flipping between this thread and the other thread that spawned this one. So, anything that I say, won't matter to you. You can't live in a world where people disagree with you, so you have to shout over them. Which is the appeal of Steven Universe. A protagonist that talks people into agreeing with him? That must be your dream put onto paper.

>Why? Even if I did, you wouldn't stop arguing.
So instead of arguing honestly you put words even MORE words in my mouth to justify your lack of argument. It's almost brilliant if it wasn't such a transparent display of your own ineptitude. Just admit you pulled your position out of your ass and fuck off, kid. Fucking weak mind gets spooked by a scary murder story, be real.

>Just because some criminals can't be redeemed doesn't mean all criminals can't be redeemed.

No one said that all criminals can't be redeemed. Just the really bad ones. Like mass murdering dictators and people who torture women to death for fun and people who rape and murder 300 little girls and get let off with a $50 fine because of dangerously stupid pussies like you.

"This guy who raped and murdered 300 little girls is too fucked up, he can't ever be let out of jail no matter how many times he says sorry" is draconian to you?

>kid
This is just about superiority to you. You don't actually care about your own viewpoint. You just want a world where people always accept where you're in the right. The moral simplicity of forgiving everyone, for every wrong doing, just appeal to you for the simple fact that you want to live in a simple world. A place where you, personally, never have to feel uncomfortable.

>your rant about how everyone secretly agrees with each other
In your desire to argue on the Internet, you seem to have misread. Do you see the parts like "they believe" indicating that the following description is about what some groups believe, not what is actually true?

>on totally nothing on how you think homosexuals secretly agree with you on Muslim immigration.
web.archive.org/web20161110055629/http://www.thenation.com/article/islamophobes-white-supremacists-and-gays-for-trump-the-alt-right-arrives-at-the-rnc/
Don't you remember the election, or the aftermath of the Orlando shooting? Many homosexuals are capable of putting two and two together.

>Fun fact
theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

Steven universe sucks get over it

>Draenor is FREE!!

Probably animes, honestly
Anime fucking LOVES taking assholes and making them part of the good guy team