Is this a good character design?

Is this a good character design?

Attached: 06-Gambit.png (282x400, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lwk_8sRlJPY
66.media.tumblr.com/32574cf89ab3456a410846ab3a2c6c3b/tumblr_n4ll91nv4n1st9d16o1_400.png
2.bp.blogspot.com/-AtgUywadHVE/U3PF1u_rzXI/AAAAAAAAKbc/DStIYcKFTHg/s1600/Gambit Uncut.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I never liked the pink and blue chest piece, or the robotic looking boots.

Absolutely.
>awesome cowl
>actual armor
>cool metallic pieces
>awesome trenchcoat
>cool metal boots
>horizontal thigh stripes
>fingerless gloves
i put the stripes on like, SO many characters I drew back then, and still occasionally use them. The only problem is the boots lack a visible ankle joint, and the hot pink is a bit much.. but he has hot pink powers, so.
oh also
>nice looking facial shape
>cool red-on-black eyes

Yes

Yes BUT there's a catch

It works because it's a part of the X-men's larger aesthetic. I couldn't see this guy debuting in a solo book. For example, what are those boots even supposed to be? Idk, but we're familiar with that banded steel look because Lee and Liefeld made it a versatile part of the visual language of the X men. He has an open-haired cowl like Havok and Cyclops did at the time, pupiless eyes like many characters Lee and Liefeld drew. Fingerless gloves and a leather jacket for rule-of-cool factor. I think itms a great design, and it goes to show the strength of designing characters as a part of a team

bump

I feel like Jackets/coats over costumes is more of a girl thing.

Gambit looks fucking dope. He's everything 90s character design embodies in the best possible way.

Absolutely. Memorable as fuck

A cowl is a hood. What he's wearing is a balaclava with the top cut off.

Absolutely. So nice that he even fought Kenshin Himura in the 1800s. Wolverine ain't got shit on that.

Attached: RemyJinei.jpg (840x768, 95K)

The red on black eyes is a bit unnecessary, even though I could not imagine him without those. But yeah, it's a great design. Kind of a child of the times, but still good.

Why is he such a smug bastard?

Depends on who draws it. OP pic was done by motherfucking BENGUS. I could make anything look good, especially during his 90's MVC work. That shit was like a fucking masterclass

French/Creole

He worn a much braver pants on the cover of his first appearance
Well, when you are asking whether the design is good, It's only fare to show the best images of it

Attached: Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_266.jpg (985x1485, 431K)

Whatever I see gambit his theme song from mvc plays in my mind
youtu.be/lwk_8sRlJPY

It manages to make almost every 90s trend while nor being an eyesore...so yeah I guess.

Yes but it looks terrible once the jacket comes off

His face is perfect.

He's hot

Attached: gambit_.jpg (575x308, 52K)

i was never a fan of that kind of head/face gear on heroes

but only him and scott made it work

they should bring back his little panties

Depends on what you want to do.
Coat over tights is always going to look kind of dumb.

That hair opening thing was really popular in the 90s for some reason. As a result a lot of characters introduced during that era had/still have it.

Attached: grifter-wallpaper-13.jpg (500x907, 172K)

bump

I think it'd be better if his coat is a different color. One that matches the rest of his outfit.

Superony rocked it well too. I like the “open headmask” type of headgear too.

Attached: E7C04487-1782-412B-97E2-2C1D1DEA16B5.jpg (1032x1096, 364K)

Calm down, Rogue.

All the Jim Lee X-men designs are perfect and should never be altered by anyone, especially Rogue's Van Halen groupie hair, fite me

>Is this a good character design?
No
>Do you like it?
Yes

His Jean sucks

I miss Amazon 80s hair southern belle Rogue..
This user has a point. Jean always looked weird in design.

Yeah, Gambit is based.

Attached: d10kcn5-6bf26cd2-7773-41c5-9f13-5636df65f87d.jpg (600x579, 80K)

Jean's costumes outside of Phoenix have always sucked

He’s definitely the most anime-looking X-man. I’m just realizing that now.

A lot of xmen are anime looking.

Attached: 037DF9E6-198B-4733-B4EA-6D4A7ED991D4.jpg (633x356, 106K)

Just look at this Sabertooth, he's never had a cooler outfit

Attached: Sabertooth.jpg (405x585, 52K)

More like a lot of anime characters are X-men looking. Modern anime characters are pretty heavily inspired by western superheroes.

Definitely the best Cyclops design

Attached: Cyclops-mvc2fixd.jpg (700x870, 130K)

Doesn't really fit his personality though. They eventually figured out that he shouldn't even bother with a costume, the hair, teeth, and long nails are distinctive enough.

Yeah looks terrible on grifter

Don't think the creator ever mentioned it but My Hero is obviously heavily inspired by the X-Men

And canon uncut!

Have to disagree there. Grifter has always looked awesome.

Whenever the Japanese get their hands on Scott they always manage to pretty him up

Scott and Remy are already pretty. It's just that everyone looks extra pretty in an anime artstyle.

What a slut.

Based. But could you post any sauce?

Kris Anka drew a version of the cover here without the blanket and posted it to his tumblr or something.

H-How big was i-it?!

Attached: d6656abd1aa4c98dffd9297d47e9ce2250fd2181.png (300x300, 90K)

Come on mon ami~!

kinda average
66.media.tumblr.com/32574cf89ab3456a410846ab3a2c6c3b/tumblr_n4ll91nv4n1st9d16o1_400.png

you mean eventually they tried to copy the movies so more people would buy the comics, but it failed

It's always bugged me that he combines a fasntastical superhero costume with a mundane trenchcoat.

It was the 90s. Everyone had a trenchcoat.

It's still better than what Cyclops, Wolverine, or whatever long yellow leather coat Juillibee wears.

I like it. Looks like a 4.5" and fat flaccid. I bet he's got a nice curve when hard. Slurp!

Then there's Rogue 90's big hair big booty southern belle Rogue

Attached: Bengus Rogue.jpg (299x700, 34K)

>66.media.tumblr.com/32574cf89ab3456a410846ab3a2c6c3b/tumblr_n4ll91nv4n1st9d16o1_400.png
Faggots like you is why Yea Forumsmblur is a laughing stock.

no he is cajun aka french rednecks, creole are french blacks

If it was a silhouette I would know who it was, so yeah it's at least good

Never made much sense to me actually.

Why do so many X-men have metal powers or wear metal when one of their most dangerous enemies is known for controlling that very substance?

>implying every board doesn't have regular discussions about dicks

>Is this a good character design?
Of course. Are you gay or something?

Non ferrous metals?

Average or not, canon uncut is are in comics. Shitty doctors.

Here's a bigger version.
2.bp.blogspot.com/-AtgUywadHVE/U3PF1u_rzXI/AAAAAAAAKbc/DStIYcKFTHg/s1600/Gambit Uncut.png

yeah

Attached: gambit.jpg (552x780, 276K)

[smugs in french]