Eisner Awards 2019

Time to come together as a community and bitch about terrible winners and robbed nominees!

Winners so far:

Best Lettering
David Aja, Seeds (Berger Books/Dark Horse)
Jim Campbell, Breathless, Calexit, Gravetrancers, Snap Flash Hustle, Survival Fetish, The Wilds (Black Mask); Abbott, Alice: Dream to Dream, Black Badge, Clueless, Coda, Fence, Firefly, Giant Days, Grass Kings, Lumberjanes: The Infernal Compass, Low Road West, Sparrowhawk (BOOM); Angelic (Image); Wasted Space (Vault)
Alex de Campi, Bad Girls (Gallery 13); Twisted Romance (Image)
Jared Fletcher, Batman: Damned (DC); The Gravediggers Union, Moonshine, Paper Girls, Southern Bastards (Image)
>Todd Klein— Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Neil Gaiman’s A Study in Emerald (Dark Horse); Batman: White Night (DC); Eternity Girl, Books of Magic (Vertigo/DC); The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest (Top Shelf/IDW)

Best Digital Comic
Aztec Empire, by Paul Guinan, Anina Bennett, and David Hahn, www.bigredhair.com/books/Aztec-empire/
The Führer and the Tramp, by Sean McArdle, Jon Judy, and Dexter Wee, thefuhrerandthetramp.com/
The Journey, by Pablo Leon (Rewire), rewire.news/article/2018/01/08/rewire-exclusive-comic-journey/
The Stone King, by Kel McDonald and Tyler Crook (comiXology Originals) cmxl.gy/Stone-King
>Umami, by Ken Niimura (Panel Syndicate), panelsyndicate.com/comics/umami

Best Webcomic
>The Contradictions, by Sophie Yanow, www.thecontradictions.com
Lavender Jack, by Dan Schkade (WEBTOON), webtoons.com/en/thriller/lavender-jack/list?title_no=1410&page=1
Let's Play, by Mongie (WEBTOON), webtoons.com/en/romance/letsplay/list?title_no=1218&page=1
Lore Olympus, by Rachel Smythe, (WEBTOON), webtoons.com/en/romance/lore-olympus/list?title_no=1320&page=1
Tiger, Tiger, by Petra Erika Nordlund, (Hiveworks) tigertigercomic.com/

Attached: 3YBCrXkAAYaD.jpg (416x512, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W5U86aUUq4k
thenib.com/greatest-generation-interesting-times
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best Writer
Alex de Campi, Bad Girls (Gallery 13); Twisted Romance (Image)
>Tom King, Batman, Mister Miracle, Heroes in Crisis, Swamp Thing Winter Special (DC)
Jeff Lemire, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Doctor Star & the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows, Quantum Age (Dark Horse); Descender, Gideon Falls, Royal City (Image)
Mark Russell, Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles, Green Lantern/Huckleberry Hound, Lex Luthor/Porky Pig (DC); Lone Ranger (Dynamite)
Kelly Thompson, Nancy Drew (Dynamite); Hawkeye, Jessica Jones, Mr. & Mrs. X, Rogue & Gambit, Uncanny X-Men, West Coast Avengers (Marvel)
Chip Zdarsky, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Marvel Two-in-One (Marvel)

Wow, they dropped the ball real quick this year. Must be a record.

Best Writer/Artist
Sophie Campbell, Wet Moon (Oni)
Nick Drnaso, Sabrina (Drawn & Quarterly)
David Lapham, Lodger (Black Crown/IDW); Stray Bullets (Image)
Nate Powell, Come Again (Top Shelf/IDW)
Tony Sandoval, Watersnakes (Magnetic/Lion Forge)
>Jen Wang, The Prince and the Dressmaker (First Second)

Best Cover Artist (for multiple covers)
>Jen Bartel, Blackbird (Image); Submerged (Vault)
Nick Derington, Mister Miracle (DC)
Karl Kerschl, Isola (Image)
Joshua Middleton, Batgirl and Aquaman variants (DC)
Julian Tedesco, Hawkeye, Life of Captain Marvel (Marvel)

Damn, I was rooting for Lapham. At least they didn't go with the meme choice and give it to Drnaso.

Umami and Klein. Well deserved

>Klein
Yeah okay who the fuck cares, he's the Dave Stewart of the lettering category. Jesus christ throw one of the newer faces a bone already

>Bartel
Literally every other nominee is leagues above her boring, flat ass sparkly shit. Fuck off

inb4 King scoops several. Also lul at Nick 'Airplane Safety Manual' Drnaso not winning

>Yea Forums, legally, can now no longer shit on based King

feelsgoodman

i haven't read any of these

Best U.S. Edition of International Material
About Betty’s Boob, by Vero Cazot and Julie Rocheleau, translated by Edward Gauvin (Archaia/BOOM!)
>Brazen: Rebel Ladies Who Rocked the World, by Pénélope Bagieu, translated by Montana Kane (First Second)
Herakles Book 1, by Edouard Cour, translated by Jeremy Melloul (Magnetic/Lion Forge)
Niourk, by Stefan Wul and Olivier Vatine, translated by Brandon Kander and Diana Schutz (Dark Horse)
A Sea of Love, by Wilfrid Lupano and Grégory Panaccione (Magnetic/Lion Forge)

Isn't this his second Eisner since The Visions? Also this almost feels like a consolation prize, should've given it to Chip Zdarsky. But looking at the category in particular, there wasn't much to pick from there aside from Lemire.

King already won an Eisner last year, dummy. No one cares.

Best U.S. Edition of International Material—Asia
Abara: Complete Deluxe Edition, by Tsutomu Nihei, translated by Sheldon Drzka (VIZ Media)
Dead Dead Demon’s Dededede Destruction, by Inio Asano, translated by John Werry (VIZ Media)
Laid-Back Camp, by Afro, translated by Amber Tamosaitis (Yen Press)
My Beijing: Four Stories of Everyday Wonder, by Nie Jun, translated by Edward Gauvin (Graphic Universe/Lerner)
>Tokyo Tarareba Girls, by Akiko Higashimura (Kodansha)

The only one here I've read is Asano's, so... eh

Best Humor Publication
Get Naked, by Steven T. Seagle et al. (Image)
>Giant Days, by John Allison, Max Sarin, and Julia Madrigal (BOOM! Box)
MAD magazine, edited by Bill Morrison (DC)
A Perfect Failure: Fante Bukowski 3, by Noah Van Sciver (Fantagraphics)
Woman World, by Aminder Dhaliwal (Drawn & Quarterly)

Third. King got one for Ace story in Batman annual.

Best Publication for Early Readers (up to age 8)
>Johnny Boo and the Ice Cream Computer, by James Kochalka (Top Shelf/IDW)
Petals, by Gustavo Borges (KaBOOM!)
Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths, by Graham Annable (First Second)
This Is a Taco! By Andrew Cangelose and Josh Shipley (CubHouse/Lion Forge)
Tiger Vs. Nightmare, by Emily Tetri (First Second)

Nick Derington was robbed

Best Publication for Kids (ages 9–12)
Aquicorn Cove, by Katie O'Neill (Oni)
Be Prepared, by Vera Brosgol (First Second)
The Cardboard Kingdom, by Chad Sell (Knopf/Random House Children’s Books)
Crush, by Svetlana Chmakova (JY/Yen Press)
>The Divided Earth, by Faith Erin Hicks (First Second)

Three times now, right??

As were Tedesco and Middleton. Also, Mike del Mundo still hasn't won any and that's criminal

Best Publication for Teens (ages 13–17)
All Summer Long, by Hope Larson (Farrar Straus Giroux)
Gumballs, by Erin Nations (Top Shelf/IDW)
Middlewest, by Skottie Young and Jorge Corona (Image)
Norroway, Book 1: The Black Bull of Norroway, by Cat Seaton and Kit Seaton (Image)
>The Prince and the Dressmaker, by Jen Wang (First Second)
Watersnakes, by Tony Sandoval, translated by Lucas Marangon (Magnetic/Lion Forge)

Third nomination, first win. It's wrapping up soon though.

The Bill Finger Award for Excellence in Comic Book Writing is Mike Friedrich and E. Nelson Bridwell.
But this was already announced a while ago anyway.

Come ooooon it's nearly 5am in Bongland, can they hurry the fuck up already

Attached: 1546117550041.jpg (319x319, 79K)

Eisners are, for some reason, slow as shit. Everyone just sits there for hours.

Imagine having to sit through an entire day's worth of a convention (only the second of four in a row), probably hungover, tired and no longer able to speak - then having to sit down in a stuffy room in smart dress for hours. I'd just be skulling pints, to be honest

Best Comics-Related Periodical/Journalism
>Back Issue, edited by Michael Eury (TwoMorrows)
The Columbus Scribbler, edited by Brian Canini, Jack Wallace, Steve Steiner, and Derek Baxter columbusscribbler.com
Comicosity, edited by Aaron Long and Matt Santori, www.comicosity.com
LAAB Magazine #0: Dark Matter, edited by Ronald Wimberley and Josh O’Neill (Beehive Books)
>PanelxPanel magazine, edited by Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou, panelxpanel.com

This is actually a tie

Based PxP, Hass is truly our lad. Shame it's a tie though

>not /ourgirl/ KT
DROPPED

Best Comics-Related Book
Comic Book Implosion: An Oral History of DC Comics Circa 1978, by Keith Dallas and John Wells (TwoMorrows)
>Drawn to Purpose: American Women Illustrators and Cartoonists, by Martha H. Kennedy (University Press of Mississippi)
The League of Regrettable Sidekicks, by Jon Morris (Quirk Books)
Mike Grell: Life Is Drawing Without an Eraser, by Dewey Cassell with Jeff Messer (TwoMorrows)
Yoshitaka Amano: The Illustrated Biography—Beyond the Fantasy, by Florent Gorges, translated by Laure Dupont and Annie Gullion (Dark Horse)

Best Academic/Scholarly Work
Between Pen and Pixel: Comics, Materiality, and the Book of the Future, by Aaron Kashtan (Ohio State University Press)
Breaking the Frames: Populism and Prestige in Comics Studies, by Marc Singer (University of Texas Press)
The Goat-Getters: Jack Johnson, the Fight of the Century, and How a Bunch of Raucous Cartoonists Reinvented Comics, by Eddie Campbell (Library of American Comics/IDW/Ohio State University Press)
Incorrigibles and Innocents, Constructing Childhood and Citizenship in Progressive Era Comics, by Lara Saguisag (Rutgers University Press)
>Sweet Little C*nt: The Graphic Work of Julie Doucet, by Anne Elizabeth Moore (Uncivilized Books)

>Comic Book Implosion: An Oral History of DC Comics Circa 1978
This sounds interesting, anyone read it?

The 2019 Bob Clampett Humanitarian Award goes to Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez and Tula Lotay.
This was also already announced.

Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team
Matías Bergara, Coda (BOOM!)
>Mitch Gerads, Mister Miracle (DC)
Karl Kerschl, Isola (Image)
Sonny Liew, Eternity Girl (Vertigo/DC)
Sean Phillips, Kill or Be Killed, My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies (Image)
Yanick Paquette, Wonder Woman Earth One, vol. 2 (DC)

>PxP
Well deserved. That guy puts a lot of work into what he does and he knows his stuff. I don't understand the tie though, but I haven't seen much of Back Issue.

Attached: 04f.png (246x200, 20K)

People will seethe at this but Gerads is good and did a good job on the book. Let's try not to be clouded by revisionism.

Back Issue is old as shit and probably already won an Eisner at some point honestly

>Gerads is good
>Let's try not to be clouded by revisionism
Fuck you, I think he's shit and you literally can't change my mind, faggot.

Kelly Thompson was, by far, the worst in that group of nominees. Even Memedarsky is better.

Best writer is literally the first post after OP, friend

Best Coloring
Jordie Bellaire, Batgirl, Batman (DC); The Divided Earth (First Second); Days of Hate, Dead Hand, Head Lopper, Redlands (Image); Shuri, Doctor Strange (Marvel)
Tamra Bonvillain, Alien 3 (Dark Horse); Batman, Doom Patrol (DC); Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Multiple Man (Marvel)
Nathan Fairbairn, Batman, Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman Earth One, vol. 2 (DC); Die!Die!Die! (Image)
Matt Hollingsworth, Batman: White Knight (DC): Seven to Eternity, Wytches (Image)
>Matt Wilson, Black Cloud, Paper Girls, The Wicked + The Divine (Image); The Mighty Thor, Runaways (Marvel)

>Akiko Higashimura
She has become pretty big. I remember when i read her autobiography and laughed of her roastie antics.

Best Painter/Multimedia Artist (interior art)
Lee Bermejo, Batman: Damned (DC)
Carita Lupatelli, Izuna Book 2 (Humanoids)
>Dustin Nguyen, Descender (Image)
Gregory Panaccione, A Sea of Love (Magnetic/Lion Forge)
Tony Sandoval, Watersnakes (Magnetic/Lion Forge)

Lemire was robbed

They had to use some restraint not to give Bonvillain or Bellaire the Eisner again this year.

Alison threads are a blue moon in Yea Forums but feel's good there are still some people who cares. I hope he revisited other characters, preferably the ones that are not redhead.

Where's Best Continuing Series? That's the 100 meter of the Eisners

Not announced yet

I'm guessing it's like the Oscars? The last award of the ceremony or something.

The Eisners actually have no consistent order.

Oh cool. A fucking tracer won.

Well that blows. It could happen at any moment then.

Is there a reason Alex Ross isn't on this list?

For me, it's Matt Hollingsworth. He's the only colorist I will actually read a book purely for.

It's been scanned.
It's basically 200 pages of sources quotes from people about the decade around the implosion.
Pretty interesting

For anyone wondering, I'm waiting for the Hall of Fame stuff to be done so I can post it all at once

thanks for doing a live-posting at all. I haven't really seen any panels posted at all

The Judge's Choice for 2019 Will Eisner Hall of Fame Inductees: Jim Aparo, June Tarpé Mills, Dave Stevens, Morrie Turner

The Voters' Choice for 2019 Will Eisner Hall of Fame Inductees: José Luis García-Lopez, Jenette Kahn, Paul Levitz, Wendy and Richard Pini

np
I'm a loser so I have nothing better to do during Friday night

Jim Aparo is my favorite Batman artist

Great choices. I'm glad that JLGL got in before he died.

Is Black Hammer, Gasolina, or Immortal Hulk gonna win BCS?

Probably Hulk

Logically, their choice for Best Writer should have their series win (I feel the same way about Best Picture and Best Director in the Oscars.) I wouldn't be happy at all, but that's the way it should logically go, however, Ewing wasn't nominated for Best Writer so who the fuck knows.

Weird, yeah. Maybe because it'd be unfair to the others? His work on Immortal Hulk alone has been insane.

Attached: hulk2018025-dc11.jpg (675x1038, 167K)

Forgot Bill Sienkiewicz as the final Voters' Choice.

Also Savage Sword of Conan, and Captain America, and various others. Alex Ross is just the man. He should get best covers every year.

Attached: 703172._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1969, 602K)

>Logically, their choice for Best Writer should have their series win
No because artwork.

there's no way his shitty publication is as interesting as Wimberley's

What's so shitty about it?

The 2019 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award goes to La Revisteria Comics (way too many nominees to bother posting)

Anyone here know from first hand the store?

Wait a second, wait a second. The one from my country ?

Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips
Pogo, vol. 5: Out of This World At Home, by Walt Kelly, edited by Mark Evanier and Eric Reynolds (Fantagraphics)
Sky Masters of the Space Force: The Complete Sunday Strips in Color (1959–1960), by Jack Kirby, Wally Wood et al., edited by Ferran Delgado (Amigo Comics)
>Star Wars: Classic Newspaper Strips, vol. 3, by Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson, edited by Dean Mullaney (Library of American Comics/IDW)
The Temple of Silence: Forgotten Words and Worlds of Herbert Crowley, by Justin Duerr (Beehive Books
Thimble Theatre and the Pre-Popeye Comics of E. C. Segar, edited by Peter Maresca (Sunday Press)

Are you an Argie? If so, yeah

Yes. Mira che, no sabían que la habían nominado

His panel analysis and thorough thematic discussion from many points of view focused on specific series is actually very good, there's nothing shitty about it.

holy shit. this is like … the eisners are like the Oscars now right? he happens to be writing the new eternals movie, he wins the Eisner. Lemire robbed. this hack wins? fucking a.

Best Archival Collection/Project—Comic Books
Action Comics: 80 Years of Superman Deluxe Edition, edited by Paul Levitz (DC)
>Bill Sienkiewicz’s Mutants and Moon Knights… And Assassins... Artifact Edition, edited by Scott Dunbier (IDW)
Dirty Plotte: The Complete Julie Doucet (Drawn & Quarterly)
Madman Quarter Century Shindig, by Mike Allred, edited by Chris Ryall (IDW)
Terry Moore’s Strangers in Paradise Gallery Edition, edited by Bob Chapman, Joseph Melchior, and Terry Moore (Abstract Studio/Graphitti Designs)
Will Eisner’s A Contract with God: Curator’s Collection, edited by John Lind (Kitchen Sink/Dark Horse)

They even put a piece in the news:
youtu.be/W5U86aUUq4k

that's a good win

Comics have artwork too retard

Best Publication Design
A Sea of Love, designed by Wilfrid Lupano, Grégory Panaccione, and Mike Kennedy (Magnetic/Lion Forge)
The Stan Lee Story Collector’s Edition, designed by Josh Baker (Taschen)
The Temple of Silence: Forgotten Worlds of Herbert Crowley, designed by Paul Kepple and Max Vandenberg (Beehive Books)
Terry Moore’s Strangers in Paradise Gallery Edition, designed by Josh Beatman/Brainchild Studios/NYC, (Abstract Studio/Graphitti Designs)
>Will Eisner’s A Contract with God: Curator’s Collection, designed by John Lind (Kitchen Sink/Dark Horse)

Sea of Love is gorgeous, this is fixed

Best Short Story
“Get Naked in Barcelona,” by Steven T. Seagle and Emei Olivia Burell, in Get Naked (Image)
“The Ghastlygun Tinies,” by Matt Cohen and Marc Palm, in MAD magazine #4 (DC)
"Here I Am," by Shaun Tan, in I Feel Machine (SelfMadeHero)
“Life During Interesting Times,” by Mike Dawson (The Nib), thenib.com/greatest-generation-interesting-times
“Supply Chains,” by Peter and Maria Hoey, in Coin-Op #7 (Coin-Op Books)
>“The Talk of the Saints,” by Tom King and Jason Fabok, in Swamp Thing Winter Special (DC)

Best Single Issue/One-Shot
Beneath the Dead Oak Tree, by Emily Carroll (ShortBox)
Black Hammer: Cthu-Louise, by Jeff Lemire and Emi Lenox (Dark Horse)
No Better Words, by Carolyn Nowak (Silver Sprocket)
>Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310, by Chip Zdarsky (Marvel)
The Terrible Elisabeth Dumn Against the Devils In Suits, by Arabson, translated by James Robinson (IHQ Studio/ Image)

Attached: wdp9QXq.jpg (430x643, 138K)

Well deserved, Chip.

Eisner Award Winning Writer, Chip "Batman" Zdarsky

Best Anthology
Femme Magnifique: 50 Magnificent Women Who Changed the World, edited by Shelly Bond (Black Crown/IDW)
>Puerto Rico Strong, edited by Marco Lopez, Desiree Rodriguez, Hazel Newlevant, Derek Ruiz, and Neil Schwartz (Lion Forge)
Twisted Romance, edited by Alex de Campi (Image)
Where We Live: A Benefit for the Survivors in Las Vegas, edited by Will Dennis, curated by J. H. Williams III and Wendy Wright-Williams (Image)

The 2019 Russ Manning Promising Newcomer Award goes to Lorena Alvarez

Best New Series
Bitter Root, by David Walker, Chuck Brown, and Sanford Greene (Image)
Crowded, by Christopher Sebela, Ro Stein, and Ted Brandt (Image)
>Gideon Falls, by Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino (Image)
Isola, by Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl (Image)
Man-Eaters, by Chelsea Cain, Lia Miternique and Kate Niemczyk (Image)
Skyward, by Joe Henderson and Lee Garbett (Image)

>Man-Eaters
Really ?

>Crowded, by Christopher Sebela, Ro Stein, and Ted Brandt (Image)
This is such a great comic. Maybe the next year with volume 2.

Best Limited Series
Batman: White Knight, by Sean Murphy (DC)
Eternity Girl, by Magdalene Visaggio and Sonny Liew (Vertigo/DC)
Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles, by Mark Russell, Mike Feehan, and Mark Morales (DC)
>Mister Miracle, by Tom King and Mitch Gerads (DC)
X-Men: Grand Design: Second Genesis, by Ed Piskor (Marvel)

Best Continuing Series
Batman, by Tom King et al. (DC)
Black Hammer: Age of Doom, by Jeff Lemire, Dean Ormston, and Rich Tommaso (Dark Horse)
Gasolina, by Sean Mackiewicz and Niko Walter (Skybound/Image)
>Giant Days, by John Allison, Max Sarin, and Julaa Madrigal (BOOM! Box)
The Immortal Hulk, by Al Ewing, Joe Bennett, and Ruy José (Marvel)
Runaways, by Rainbow Rowell and Kris Anka (Marvel)

[SPOILER] Ahora te van a atender peor. [/SPOILER]

Neat

Best Adaptation from Another Medium
Anne Frank’s Diary: The Graphic Adaptation, adapted by Ari Folman and David Polonsky (Pantheon)
>“Frankenstein” by Mary Shelley, in Frankenstein: Junji Ito Story Collection, adapted by Junji Ito, translated by Jocelyne Allen (VIZ Media)
Out in the Open by Jesús Carraso, adapted by Javi Rey, translated by Lawrence Schimel (SelfMadeHero)
Speak: The Graphic Novel, by Laurie Halse Anderson and Emily Carroll (Farrar Straus Giroux)
To Build a Fire: Based on Jack London's Classic Story, by Chabouté (Gallery 13)

these Eisner nominees are fucking horrible. fuck.

Best Graphic Album—Reprint
Berlin, by Jason Lutes (Drawn & Quarterly)
Girl Town, by Carolyn Nowak (Top Shelf/IDW)
Upgrade Soul, by Ezra Claytan Daniels (Lion Forge)
>The Vision hardcover, by Tom King, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, and Michael Walsh (Marvel)
Young Frances, by Hartley Lin (AdHouse Books)

Berlin got robbed wtf

Best Reality-Based Work
All the Answers: A Graphic Memoir, by Michael Kupperman (Gallery 13)
All the Sad Songs, by Summer Pierre (Retrofit/Big Planet)
>Is This Guy For Real? The Unbelievable Andy Kaufman, by Box Brown (First Second)
Monk! by Youssef Daoudi (First Second)
One Dirty Tree, by Noah Van Sciver (Uncivilized Books)

Best Graphic Album—New
Bad Girls, by Alex de Campi and Victor Santos (Gallery 13)
Come Again, by Nate Powell (Top Shelf/IDW)
Green Lantern: Earth One Vol. 1, by Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman (DC)
Homunculus, by Joe Sparrow (ShortBox)
>My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies, by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips (Image)
Sabrina, by Nick Drnaso (Drawn & Quarterly)

Now stop dicking around Allison and gives other series, take the hint and ditch the readheads.

It didn't win so let's not split hairs here.

That's a wrap for the Eisners 2019 by the way

>Immortal Hulk didn't win

Attached: IMG_20190717_023641.jpg (1238x1421, 106K)

can we get a hashtag fuck the eisners

What bullshit that BoB wasn't even nominated. That's the one Eisner darling I don't mind at all.

they aren't giving Noah any awards anymore because of his brothers actions, that's fucked up

GIant Days is fun but COME ON

well, at least Ewing got nominated for the first time

Yeah, that's a win in itself. I doubt he's mad about it. In fact, today is gonna be full of Tom King whining, so let's strap in.

Allison deserved a Eisner in the last 3 years. Also the only one that deserve this more than GD was Black Hammer.

What is this horseshit?

Lemire didn't win a single Eisner.. what the fuck

Better than Batman

Because he's trash.

Chip is a meme writer and the worst pick from the lot. Nobody would've cared for him if he wasn't writing Spider-man.

I am giving (you) attention. Are you happy?

Kys retard. Immortal Hulk is the best from that list by a long distance.

Best New Series?

You're right. I'm blind

Nah. He draws soulless and static covers. Hes the evolution of house style. Just because he appeals to capeshitters doesn't mean he should be nominated.

I am still giving (you) attention. Keep being a contrarian hack and you will continue to receive attention

Shoo shoo capeshitter. Go jerk off to Jim Lee and Johns somewhere else.

He has like 15 eisners already

>Nah. He draws soulless and static covers
Okay. Very soulless.

Attached: immortal-hulk_14.jpg (921x1400, 297K)

Probably something to do with Ross already having 12 Eisners, including 6 Best Cover Artists. Some kind of unofficial limit, perhaps.

I hate this shit. They do the same thing in sports to avoid giving the best player the best player award, such as Messi not winning Ballon D'ors anymore.

It's the same reason why Morrison's Green Lantern wasn't nominated.

Can't king the King. Based.

>Disney font

Attached: 1542690636591.png (389x377, 132K)

Of course not. It is probably better than Giant Days, but not than Black Hammer.

You need better taste if you think that's one of the best covers of the year.

I get your point but if you keep nominating the same people from the past they could start nominating Sienkiewicz and the like again too but I doubt they profit as much from a nomination than the younger talent.
None of those nominees for covers are bad in my opinion

I never said that, imbecile. I was explicitly replying to that dumbass comment. Why are you moving the goalposts?

Just in case this isn't trolling: Eisner's signature is older than the "Disney" font, which wasn't based on Walt's actual signature.

Attached: 861023.jpg (310x475, 43K)

Abara not winning is... actually, it's the Eisners, whatever, shit's dumb.

Then why don't you prove your point that Roos deserves a nomination by posting a good Hulk cover?

As a Niheifag I can confirm that Abara isn't great. I'd sooner hand it to Asano than reward Nihei for that.

pretty good

Morrison wasn't nominated because GL started after the cutoff date. Morrison isn't very popular with the Eisner's.

Fucking casual

>Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team
>>Mitch Gerads, Mister Miracle (DC)
lmao this is like if Henderson won best penciller two years in a row

Based Hass

Umami and Giant Days deserved it.

Are you fucking kidding me?
Fuck King and Gerads, especially fuck that last win.

Lore Olympus didn't win?

Because most of them are good so I can just pick a random one and be right.

Attached: immortal_hulk_24.jpg (917x1400, 314K)

No, fuck you. It's his peak art and Asano is gay. You're no Niheifag, you're just a fag.

He doesn't win them anymore because he hasn't won much lately. He undeservedly won a few already anyway.
Morrison has, like, two Eisners.
Anyway, Eisners don't do that shit, check out how many James Jean won in a row for best covers.

EWINGFAGS COMPLETELY AND ETERNALLY BTFO

>Why are you moving the goalposts
That's literally what you're doing since originally you cried about Ross not getting the award for best covers. Moron.

Your opinion doesn't mean shit. Abara is not only great but the collection was top notch.

>Abara
>better than Noise
>better than Blame

Attached: IMG_1218.jpg (480x360, 54K)

Batman and Black Hammer are superior to the immortal hulk

It's better than Noise, yes. Biomega is the second best despite the last 1/3 not being quite as good as the God tier first 2/3. Abara is third best and the art is that peak late Blame early Biomega levels of god tier.

Fuck off retard Immortal Hulk is the best comic of the last 20 years Lemire's pastiche shittery is nowhere near as good. Eat shit and die.

Artwise, yes, easily. There's overlap with Biomega, but since it goes longer the art quality lessens. Abara also contains Digimortal.

Mmmm, the salt!

That wasn't me, at all. My first post about it was .

I will pour salt into your asshole after I'm done buttfucking you with a baseball bat you fucktard. Fuck off you dumb pleb.

Even if you butted into a conversation, what you did was still move the goalposts.

The bait, it's too strong!

Attached: 1503805005782.png (1417x1920, 2.03M)

You said his covers were soulless for ridiculous reasons and I posted a picture to refute the dumb statement. What goalposts were moved?

>You said
Wasn't me.
Either way, the point is that two people were arguing something and you came in to take something out of context and move the goalposts and I'm calling you out on your shit. You ignored the initial point of the argument to make your own point(aka move the goalposts). The fact that I have to explain this to you as if you were a 12 year old disgusts me.

This will be my final post on Yea Forums.

How can anyone think that this is scary for real ? How can anyone take seriously a horror book with a knockoff Savage Dragon as a supposed to be frightening monster ? How can anyone see a knockoff Savage Dragon as frightening for real in this book ?
"Ouh, the knockoff Savage Dragon is smiling, so unsetlling, this is so scary guys..." why are you lying to yourself like that ?
You guys are just forcing onto yourself the new fade there will be in this hivemind of a board, with the blandest, tamest, most classicly safe comic book there can be, while your selective outrage is shitting on Cates' Venom for things that would be praised if they were written by someone else, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO you have to shit on it even if it's good because the hivemind dictates you to do so !!!

No wonder you can't get laid, but guess what ? I got a girlfriend now. For the first time of my life after 44 years I finally got a girlfriend, and all that nerd fuss has become so irritating since.
I'm just leaving for good now, I had plenty of fun with that board but I'm done. I wish you to get girlfriends to, maybe it will open your eyes about the hivemind that is destructing your self, but sadly, the hivemind is probably keeping you away from being able to seduce anyone, so you're most likely trapped in a vicious circle, and sadly, there is no Amazing Bulk to save you from it. I just hope that this message will maybe help you to think by yourself a bit more and to get a girlfriend to.

Enjoy your book.

So angry lol

>Changed the copypasta to Cates' Venom and "Amazing Bulk"
Trash.

The pasta gets changed all the time, friend

This is literally the first time I see that, though. It's been Savage Dragon for most of its run, and I was there when it showed up back in issue 2 or 3.

I prefer the pasta in the old black and white newspaper print. Back then they knew how to craft a proper pasta. Instead of relying upon tired tropes and memespeak they had to invent a whole new language to draw people into the pasta. Artists had to really work to subvert expectations, now most are just lazy tracings of old pastas. No sir, the pasta medium has been dead since the bronze age of pastas.

I've seen it with "Green Trump" and "Joe Fixit" for that one issue, there's probably a couple others I forget

Holy shit, Yuru Camp! I didn't even know it had an English edition.

Attached: 75492505_p0.jpg (1600x1162, 337K)

It’s not bait, it’s just an opinion.