Why are all cartoon "main" families portrayed as upper middle class?

Even when the parents are portrayed as utter failures they still somehow own a house and can provide for their kids without issue when they should be living in a trailer park alongside the token poorfag side characters

Attached: 1448657934398.jpg (680x1000, 48K)

there SHOULD be a cartoon about some dirt-poor people, huh

Everyone who has the opportunity to pitch to a major show grew up with some form of financial security. They don't know what the fuck it's like to grow up in a trailer park or not have food on the table. These are California kids who got a $150k+ art school education.

>Squidbillies
>ATHF
>Big City Greens

Kids don't want to see poorfags who don't have shit

Clarence is lower middle class, Jeff is upper middle class, Sumo is lower class, Belson is wealthy.

>big city greens
Those fuckers own a house with a yard and everything, in no world are they poor even if the show wants you to think they are. It's the same shit with the Simpsons where realistically, they'd be living in a cramped apartment building and Marge would have to hold down two or three jobs just to get by.

>lesbian kid
>middle class
How far must I suspend my disbelief?

Because "the last shall be first, and the first last." When Jesus comes back these putrid cartoon characters shall be depicted burning in the fires of Hell for their wealth

They also have a loving, understanding, unconditional relationship, so I would say pretty far.

Attached: pimp clarence.png (930x720, 764K)

So what you're saying is they should try to tour and interview or bring in poor-lower middle class people?

it's difficult to stage scenes in small areas, so everyone has to have a big fucking huge house. this is just as true in animation as live action. even moreso, since you don't have to redraw a background as much if you can pan around it without it realistically changing viewing angle that much, and that's truer the larger a room is.

I want a show that revolves around a true lower or lower middle class family. Imagine The Florida Project, but as a PG cartoon, like Clarence.

I'm saying the system is not designed for anyone below an income and going around the world to tour for people of different financial backgrounds is not an investment a studio is going to want to make when there are artists who are clamoring at them to look at their pitch book.

>upper middle class

It's a shame how the economy has fallen so far that people now think "anyone who isn't dirt poor" = "upper middle class".

Based on the flashbacks they used to own much more land than what they have now and the main backstory is Bill lost his property in the country and had to move back home to mom.

early seasons simpsons was always really good at portraying the lower-middle class for it's time period. nowadays though, a house like that would be worth a lot more

Not much if EJ's gambling problem had been a plot point for a future episode.

thisIt's all about managing costs for the cartoon. It's simpler if everyone lives in big houses.

I honestly feel that concept would make a much more relatable show for the american people desu

Attached: excuseme.jpg (500x378, 31K)

Which ones the lesbian? I've only ever seen at most two episodes of this show

Ooblongs

easier to Market even though the middle class is shrinking because of stagnating wages

Also most writers and creators come from middle-class households because they have opportunity to go into the Arts unlike poor low-income households

Attached: 1560750516538.jpg (599x456, 29K)

Box head's parents are dykes

Old families normally inherit their homes

Soon there will only be the dirt poor and the ultra rich, and the world will return to it's natural order

Attached: Feudalismclass.jpg (826x607, 107K)

No one wants to relate in such way, we dream of having big house and loving, rich family.

Because it appeals to the widest demo

>No one wants to relate in such way
Wrong.

That just sounds like fascism with more pretenses.

Attached: Yes, and.jpg (112x184, 10K)

showing poverty also mean showing criminals and people that won't become good by crying at them. They can't allow that.

richie rich, scrooge mcduck, goldie gold, who else? cartoon only (not counting tony and bruce)

Good Times bitch, I only ever remember them being in the living room 96% of the time.

Is Gumball's family lower middle class? They just have the look like they have to put aside a few paychecks even once in a while.

>Has a single dad who works as a fireman
>Has a upper middle class blue house
Do firemen make a lot of money? Or does she live off her great grandma's patent money

Attached: IMG_20190428_201830~2.jpg (365x427, 29K)

They can, where I live they can make around $80,000

The PJ's.

avondale is a ghetto tho