youtube.com/watch?v=w7qjnJ6gJjw
youtube.com/watch?v=ILBQKe51xzg
youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04
youtube.com/watch?v=xOz2cvHDDJc
youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE
youtube.com/watch?v=BjsVRIqOhGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SIMBA IT'S 2019

Anyone who has seen it can vouch for me, there's an unnecessary flashback to Mufasa's death near the end during the "I KILLED MUFASA" scene, complete with shitty choppy slow-mo
It's fucking hilarious

John Oliver

Ill let the man himself tell you

so...just like in the original?

It's a lot more drawn out and also in badly-done slow motion

It was allowed to exist

Attached: 1.jpg (480x360, 6K)

You know, for as much shit as everyone lays on Doug, I can appreciate the genuine passion that comes off when he rants about a movie like this. It's occasionally cringe but still kinda endearing

It was emotionless trash.

I wish he'd do more reviews like this instead of bringing on those awful friends of his that ruined his show.

It's a soulless cashgrab meant only for fleecing money off gullible retards

this movie is so dead and soulless it can cure vegans. you wont feel bad at all about killing animals for meat after this.

What's lion meat like anyways?

Like duck´s apparently

Better question
What were its strengths?

It was fine. I don't understand what you people want. If they changed something needlessly, people were be upset. Yet they're upset that they changed nothing.

This was the fucking equivalent of taking a PS1 game and doing a remake on the PS4, with prettier graphics and a couple of new scenes. I don't know why that's suddenly sacrilegious. This existing doesn't rob the original of anything it accomplished.

john oliver has a funny accent

give him money

Make something new

are you pretending to be retarded

>i disagree with you so you must be retarded
Considering how much of a contrarian you are, I weep for the world, for there must surely be nothing but retards.

>disagree with you so you must be retarded
I am more and more convinced that this is the correct view and anybody talking about the value of a diversity of viewpoints should be stoned.

Its not a matter of disagreement you seem to be ignoring why this is insulting.
Why would you defend a rehash with ero talent or ideas put into them
Nobody is mad because this erases the original, people are mad at laziness, at lack of ideas, at exploitation of nostalgia
This movie didnt just happen via magic, because this exists it means another movie doesnt exist, its a soulless cashgrab and nobody should go watch it

>Considering how much of a contrarian you are, I weep for the world, for there must surely be nothing but retards.
this sentence reeks of 8th grade poetry. go back

He shaved his head?

Finally accepted the bald unto himself

Real life lions can't show emotion so all the characters look dead and emotionless.

Voices still carry emotion. It's not like the movie was devoid of it.

As much as a wildlife documentary

Lions don't talk in real life. If you think the voice acting had no emotional expression, then you're deluding yourself.

Less I'd say.
youtube.com/watch?v=ILBQKe51xzg

>What were its flaws?
Given the amount of autistic screeching from the larping fa/TV/irgins and /pol/lacks I expect it will both win an Oscar and break 1 billion at the international box office, user.

unless they're talking about Glover or Beyonce who were both trash.

If the movie gets any kind of Oscar it better not be any fucking actors or directors up there. They should just have the computer graphics teams go up, because the visuals are the only really good part of the movie.

I couldn't even name one Beyonce song, and have no idea why she's so damn famous. Her Nala was bland, but she did a better job than Shakira did in Zootopia.

Yes, brown, brown and tan. Such nice visuals.

a boring dull and as much as i hate to use this word 'soulless' cash grab nostalgia pandering hack job with community theater tier performances and some pretty lights. There those are the flaws now let it die

>but she did a better job than Shakira did in Zootopia.
Shakira had a job in Zootopia?

It exists.

And half the cast was phoning it in
James Earl Jones and Beyonce were especially flat and John Kani had zero of the emotion that made Rafiki memorable

It's not better graphics, though.
The DVD release did that.
It's a complete departure from the visual presentation of the original and tries to look realistic to the point of erasing the characters and charming cartoon elements.
The designs are less distinct and the faces utterly lacking in expression, which makes emotional moments fall flat.
They sacrificed this movie's soul on the altar of realism.
It's less than the original in all ways that really matter.
The world of a cartoon creates a heightened, idealised reality in which depiction, metaphor and symbol flow into each other seamlessly. The surreal and absurd can be accepted in this world of evocative illusions where the light mood can be entirely beholden to the needs of the scene.
But if you brush it all in the grey-brown of realism, it loses a ton of impact.

I'm pretty convinced that the movie got pushed purely for the visual effects teams to work on the tech and see how it all pans out, rather than the make the movie itself.

They certainly were the only people who gave a shit.
If the director cared a baboon's ass about impact or viewer engagement, this would not look like it does.

Lack of facial expression kills it. Simba has the same look on his face when he finds his father dead as when he sings about becoming king. Lack of hand gestures also hurt, especially for Timon.
Aside from Circle of Life, the songs were pretty shitty. Actual singing is alright for the most part, but all the pretty visuals and dances were replaced by boring ass run cycles. No diving into rivers or sliding down animals backs over psychedelic backgrounds, just lions walking and running around. Plus everyone but Puumba looked bored as hell singing it with their expressionless faces.
And one of the best disney villain songs was completely butchered
youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04

/thread

Irons' voice fitst perfectly with Scar's personality and the song's lyrics and sound. Scar is a melodramatic, smooth sleaze and is ecstatic to be able to wallow in all of that during the song.

Ejiofor's Scar is.. not any of those things. He's largely presented as dangerous, angry, more of a warrior or brute that feels he's not gotten his due, rather than the spoiled prince that was never thought of. And Ejofor's lines in the movie I feel depict that pretty well. Scar barks orders, he sounds angry, even if the lion doesn't show it. But his be Prepared is just the same lyrics, but done in this barking style, and that just doesn't work with what's being said. They should have done a completely new version of the song better tailored to the new Scar that they'd made. It kind of feels like the new Be Prepared was made because Disney heard people complain about it not being in the movie. Honestly they shouldn't even had bothered.

>Photo-realism sacrifices expressive faces
>Songs suck, and the animals just meander around while singing
>Hyena vs Lion War? Fuck off

>prettier
The original film is beautifully animated, there's an objective grapics change from the ps1 to ps4, that does not exist here. It's like remaking the most recent mario kart in the forza engine

Attached: retard alert.gif (493x342, 480K)

great post user

Attached: lahey happy.jpg (500x282, 18K)

They should have gotten benedictious cucumber if they wanted a menancing big cat

Is Doug doing Chemo

It's literally just the original movie but with CGI photo-realistic animals that can't emote for shit. There was no actual need for the movie to be made besides Disney wanting to make a few extra hundred million dollars without even thinking of a new idea.

>They sacrificed this movie's soul on the altar of realism.

This is one of the great plagues of the past 20 some years. Across ALL media.

I'd go and watch it, but there's a good chance I'll start laughing at Scar smacking Mufasa in the face, and I don't want people staring at me.

>They should have gotten benedictious cucumber if they wanted a menancing big cat
not POC enough

It is Didney so people have to be extra bitchy about it.

Take the original Lion King.

Remove all the colors and movements and styles that made it fun and a treat to watch, and replace it with realistic environments with realistic animals. (AKA May be pretty on a nature-level, but very boring after 5 minutes)

Make the music more downplayed and have the singers be more cringey.

Insert a modern popsong into the movie.

THOSE are the flaws.

>What were its flaws?
Having TOO MUCH heart and soul.

It's no secret that he was inspired by Siskel and Ebert who were quite known for not being above getting down and dirty when it came to movies, be it with others or just between themselves. The thing about them was that they were doing that only when it's necessary, Doug just does it because he figured bigger the expression, louder the screams equals better comedy.

Basically, it gives away impression that he didn't grow up on Siskel and Ebert it feels more like he grew up watching Tiny Toon version of Siskel and Ebert.

Simba, blink please

> A story require emotion
The realistic animals can't emote for shit
> The powerful scene of Simba learn to move on from the past
Cut that out

Not like the original was perfect and still have some room for improvement, but here they seem to try to improve the part that wasn't broken like how Rafiki know that Simba alive.

lmao, imagine being this fucking triggered by the voice of someone, juts because he makes fun of your retarded meme president

I'm pretty sure in the original he knew it through magic. Are you saying they changed that to like he saw Simba walking around or something? Was it literally a goal of the movie to take everything magical or soulful about the original out?

It show a piece of Simba fur being eat by a giraffe, shit out then a dung beetle carried it away, eventually Rafiki pick up the shit ball and learn that SImba is alive.

They couldn't just let him be a shaman and know stuff?

No, clearly have him smelled shit is way better than magic. it more realistic that way.

Existing

I dislike John Oliver because he's a lib with a dumb accent. Mocking Trump is fine.

>lines are delivered like it's a script reading
>some actors were miscast
>not enough script changes that would both modernize and accommodate the new actors leaving some lines to feel weak since they're remembered better from the previous actor
>beyonce and donald glover aren't a good pairing no matter how you look at it
>blatant cash grab

youtube.com/watch?v=xOz2cvHDDJc

I'm triggered by his acting.

>but she did a better job than Shakira did in Zootopia

Shakira just sang and had like 1-2 lines of dialogue. Her character was just background and mostly insignificant.

I should hope the person doing the voice of one of the main characters from a film does a better job than someone who has just 2 lines.

That it exists. That's enough of a flaw.

Was that scene a symbolic metaphor for the film itself? A ball of shit being slowly rolled down in front of us with the time drawn out?

In the original he caught some dust and pollen that Simba threw into the air out of the wind, mixed it about in some sort of divining bowl, and figured it out from that. Cool shamanistic stuff

In the remake... yeah, poop

I dunno, him starting Sunday's show with "Contractual Obligations: You know, those things that make you see something through to the bitter end even when it's not shaping up the way you had hoped. THAT'S RIGHT OTHER BUSINESS DADDY, JOHNNY'S ACTING UP," before moving on to the actual topic might be one of the better things that comes out of this soulless shitshow of a cashgrab.

Attached: 1553210306215.jpg (618x412, 63K)

What was the demand for a remake with an entirely different cast except for mufasa? Fucking nothing

Attached: 005E5193-7BA2-4004-A573-906251B0C414.png (547x283, 132K)

Being made.

I think people should just not see these shitty remakes because at the end of the day once you buy that ticket Disney has already won they have your money and your approval to produce more of these turds. To quote Jay Sherman "If the movie stinks, just don't go"!
youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE

Stretched jokes, over explaining, re-arrangement of scenes, lack of emotion, some parts were rushed, music directing was erratic, they shortened Be Prepared, etc

Attached: 8CB7A5A2-E0CD-4FC8-AEEC-C73B46E67F4C.jpg (900x596, 126K)

At least the dung beetle looked cute rolling it with its hind legs

>They couldn't just let him be a shaman

Might’ve gotten banned or edited in China

I think my two ''complaints'' are that story-wise it was too much like the original and the voice-acting was a bit weak and lifeless at times.

Normalfags will NEVER understand this though, or they would've by now.

>Loooong live the Kiiiing

vs

>long. Live. TheKING

Zazu's so bad

Attached: 1468451313799.gif (320x180, 806K)

I hope to someday have this level of energy about anything

youtube.com/watch?v=BjsVRIqOhGA

I'm the poo of the antelope, that flows down to the ground
Becomes the grass of tomorrow
Which the grazers turn around
So I'm the leg of a leopard and the wings of a hen
Which becomes dinner for the human
And turns back to poo again
That's the Circle, the Circle of Poo