Wow, for the longest time it was just a joke after Civil War II but they're literally making Annihilation 2

Wow, for the longest time it was just a joke after Civil War II but they're literally making Annihilation 2.

Attached: D_3YBCrXkAAYaDu.jpg (1024x1024, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Doncates/status/1152315476481122304?s=19
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Or technically Annihilation 3, but 2 sounds funnier so whatever

House of Ideas for unlimited unnecessary sequels.

Bruh

Well I hope you retards apologize to Bendis now.

He might have been a full hack who hated continuity and past writers but not even him was stupid and disrespectful enough to do this.

I hope you enjoy it cosmicfags retards.

>behold it is i, ultrannihlus!
who's writing it?

Attached: 1551319762402.jpg (775x1031, 122K)

Cates

There's a very slight chance they can actually learn from Anni's post event lore from FF and warlock and imply the whole thing is actually a death wish because anni can not die.

Ewing might be writing too.

of course...
that's good!

I don't taking part in annual is enough to bank on Ewing-co-writing. He might get a tie in since Cates has a thing for involving tons of characters but only planning to write a few.

It’s not just that he was involved with the annual, it’s that he said he had further plans for Nova and Quasar.

I don't think Cates could do anything as bad as Original Sin even if he tried.

Can't wait for it to turn out Annihilus is working with Knull since Cates sticks his OC villain in everything

You think CGR is going to kill Annihilus the same way Nova did?

>Annihilus and Knull fuse into Ultra Death A-Knullhilus X

>learn from Anni's post event lore from FF and warlock
No, fuck that. Annihilus' defining character trait has always been his extreme thanatophobia, and his desire to kill all other life forms to ensure nobody would ever be a threat to him. Saying that nothing dies in the Negative Zone and giving him a death wish is stupid.

>A-Knullhilus
FUCK

kill me

It's most likely a one-shot./mini. Whatever's happening in December will springboard new books in 2020.

I hope it's a lesser scale event, but I am not against the idea.

I take you're not reading his current run then

The only reason he didnt do this is that he was busy bringing his wifu Jean back as a teenager.

If you think about it, Pymtron could totally be even worse than Annihilus, with the Ant-Man tech and the pym particles, he can create an army of insects too.

I am. Original Sin was offensively bad on purpose, Cates hasn't hit anywhere close to that level.

>his wifu Jean
Everyone knows his waifu is Luke Cage.

I mean he did Civil War 2

>conquest but with pymtron
id read it

Ready to be raped again, Anni?

Attached: nova bulge.jpg (4047x2988, 2M)

>Annihilus wants to kill all life outside negative zone
>Knull wants to kill all "Light"
Kinda makes sense

They said he is involved, which would mean everything. He was involved in Knights, but he didn't write everything.
If he really was the one at the helm they wouldn't have said he is involved, they would have said he is in charge.

Unless he gets a movie miraculously announced tomorrow, I'm expecting him to be sidelined in this.

Didn't they not too long ago try to make Annihilation not be a big deal by going "Look the Chitauri are such a huge deal they're twice as big as the Annihilation Wave!" and it was mostly nothing?

>I remember I bonded my living shadow to some bugs
>they became something called the Annihilation wave

Attached: Silver Surfer - Black 02 (of 05)-001.jpg (542x491, 130K)

A spartan is worthy ten atenisian and all of that.
Also when was that said?

That was just a dumb throwaway line in Secret Empire to trick people into thinking the stakes were higher than they actually were.

Secret Empire by Spencer back in 2017. Spencer didn't know what he was talking about when he wrote that line

Is the MCU looking to adapt Annihilation already? I thought they would at least wait until after they brought in Galactus. Oh well.

>but not even him was stupid and disrespectful enough to do this
He did Civil War 2

Please tell me that they're at least bringing in Abnett and Lanning, or else I won't have a single fuck to give this event.

Attached: 1517021155051.jpg (500x318, 31K)

I don't know if they are or not, but Annihilation could be the way Phase 4 is closed out and Galactus is introduced some time in the middle.
It's also not like Big G mattered much in the story. He was largely a plot device

They killed the entire Nova Corps off screen in the upcoming GoTG #7, so unless that's undone or proven to be a hoax, he'll not show up.

I think Abnett is still DC exclusive. Derek Landy would be cool IMO

>Cates hasn't hit anywhere close to that level.
Death of the Inhumans.

>it’s that he said he had further plans for Nova and Quasar.
This. It's the only reason why I think this Annihilation retread might now be totally terrible.
>You think CGR is going to kill Annihilus the same way Nova did?
Oh man, I can totally see this. Either him or Knull.

>They killed the entire Nova Corps off screen in the upcoming GoTG #7
Wait, what? Is there a preview out?
If that happened then that's Cates again being a hack. No, not because the Nova Corps are being useless again, but the fact that he doesn't just ignore them. There's no point on killing them again, it feels cheap.

This didn't stopped Dick the first time.

Abnett and Lanning are done with cosmic Marvel. They were already tired while writing Annihilators.

New people trying new things can be good, user.

There is a thread in the catalog

Yep, see It could be that they just "disappeared" for some other reason, but we will not know for sure for a few more issues.

>Cates again being a hack
Always an option.

Sure, but last time it took him a few years.

>Cates Annihilation
FUCK YOU MARVEL!

OH it's still up, thanks. I'm heading there.

>could be that they just "disappeared" for some other reason
>so unless that's undone or proven to be a hoax
Dudes, if anything Cates' formulaic bullshit has taught me is that it's never, EVER a misdirect. It's always played straight, because he doesn't know how to properly foreshadow anything. I haven't even read the preview yet and I know it's gonna be true.

>You think CGR is going to kill Annihilus the same way Nova did?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: gert mad.png (680x916, 878K)

>it's never, EVER a misdirect
Just like the Inhumans, right?

I mean, yes? Everyone assumed it wasn't a real event that was happening anywhere but in Black Bolt's head, but the deaths were real, it's just that Cates pussied out from killing the Royals.

is the wave still relevant? fucking Johnny made them his bitch and that was like 1000000000:1

Aaron wrote Original Sin

Call it how you want, it was a misdirect.

What part of it was a misdirect? He played it straight, all of it.

I was referring to the GotG tie-in where he explains what happened after Thanos Imperative

New Novas had no purpose other than looking incompetent so the GotG can look good by comparison. As long as Rich is still around, good fucking riddance to the rest of them.

Yes but there's no point on killing them again so soon, they were just reformed, it's dumb and cheap. It's the laziest resource for a cosmic writer to use to "amp up the stakes":

Fuck off he was one of the ones who started doing this shit.

Not him but Lockjaw's death was misdirect and Max/Triton's kinda were but they ended up dead anyway so it didn't matter.

meant to link

They've been around since 2017 and none of them aside from Adist even have names.
They never should have existed in the first place since Nova works better as a mostly solo act

I presume that the entire Corps wasn’t actually wiped out, or else that scene of Hercules rescuing a Nova at the end of No Road Home couldn’t have happened.

In fact, I wonder if that scene has anything to do with this.

>In fact, I wonder if that scene has anything to do with this.
Probably nothing, as that would require Cates to keep up with any continuity. That scene is a tease for a Cosmic Hercules book Ewing teased for next year in an interview (he said he has plans for it). And, if anything, there's likely another weekly Avengers series, following from the ending of No Road Home.

The concept of someone trying to make a new Nova Corps was fine. The execution just sucked complete ass. If they had a purpose like guarding/expanding Knowhere or rebuilding/repairing Worldmind, it would have made sense. Making it an organization full of mall cops with a vague mandate and shitty leadership was a mistake.

I mean, Ewing’s going to be writing whatever Herc shows up in and it sounds like he’s involved with whatever Cates is doing given his other comments, so I don’t think it’s that unfeasible they’re related.

>"Death of the Inhumans"
>the only relevant Inhuman who dies is Maximus
>Attilan isn't even touched, just that new city Ewing created that no one was doing anything with anyway
And yes, I am throwing shade at Triton

Having Rich take orders from some fat bald dickhead assured whoever thought they were a good idea didn't spend a second thinking about it.

To be fair, Rich was MIA/presumed dead at the time Adsit became head mall cop. Not that Adsit was a good idea in the first place.

Rich had been back for 6-7 months when the new Novas came about. They formed off screen before Duggan started GotG

KNULL THE ANNIHILATING CONQUEROR OF DOOM.

Attached: Doom the Annihilating Conqueror.jpg (521x800, 115K)

Funny thing is that DnA era Rich would have opposed it on the grounds that they were all grossly unqualified for the job and would get themselves killed.

Same, I hate this fake Green Lantern shit, but of course the DnAfags are always there to defend it.

DnAfags hated these guys. I don't think anyone liked them, not even Dugganfags.

I'm talking about the entire space cop nonsense. The Nova Corps should be guardians of Xandar, not shitty Green Lanterns.

I think Nova works better being the Lone Ranger than anything else. I don't much about GL, but I think the readers like the whole thing about strength in numbers. Nova, on the other hand, is better when it's just Rich.
I think most people would agree on that regardless of how they feel about DnA.

Apologize to Bendis? And you hope who does it? Cosmicfags?

I seem not that guy and I think it would have been phrased better, but Bendis wasn't arrogant enough to think he could go and make a sequel to a beloved saga like Annihilation, yet Cates went and did it despite his run being so terribly written and predictable overall.
That's what happens when you surround yourself with people who constantly tell you you're amazing and you believe your own hype.

Attached: IMG_20190319_121833.jpg (828x1413, 167K)

So you're not that guy and you think cates surrounds himself with yesmen. But Cates is going to do annihilation again. Surrounded by yes men? And you're not that guy?

All of the corps besides Rich barely use any of the force and only 2 of them have a character. And Adsit just died in the newest issue of Champions (last panel death so he might be fine).
It's also stressed every-time they appear about how much discord is in the newest corps.
If anything related to the corps happens in this event I think it should be a reintroduction of the Worldmind the bring order back to the corps. Whether the current corps are destroyed to make that happen or not doesn't really matter to me.

Gross

What are you trying to get at? Bendis was and is shit, I'm not defending what he did, I'm saying Cates thinks himself capable enough to tackle Annihilation even though his run has been pretty trash so far. Why am I repeating myself? Thought that was clear enough.

Annihilation wasn’t that good, it’s just space popcorn which Cates can do when he isn’t wanking his OCs

I see trolls are getting lazier every day.
Oh and please don't bother doubling down or saying the whole "can't reply so I'm right" routine. This is pathetic.

Attached: 7268b8756f1e4c9a921db6bde15fb643comicpicturescomiccovers.jpg (736x1022, 138K)

Bendis is shit? Bendis. Bendis is shit. You're saying BRIAN M BENDIS, is shit? And you thought this was a clear point?

I don't know, do you mean Brian Michael Bendis? The guy who wrote Jessica Jones?

What kind of logic is this? He could have been worse? Of course he could have! But he was terrible! I actually don't see how this is worse than anything Bendis has done.

Nova as Lone Ranger is actually kind of what he was for most of the DnA rin. He went from planet to planet helping people.

He was never really a space cop, I think the first time he acted like a space cop was in Ewing's story in the annual.

Kind of but not quite. I think he had his moments when he attended 8x8 alerts, which he did at the beginning and the end of the DnA run, difference being that he did so by himself and didn't answer to anyone. Then in Landy's Black Order he did the same, except he sorta hangs up on Adsit so it feels less of a hierarchical thing but there's still that accountability relationship.
What I'm getting at is that he was a space cop in the sense of a benevolent one, not the kind that goes around ticketing aliens. It doesn't help that he went to the gangster skrull world so they are gonna treat him like the fuzz.

Attached: Cover._SX1280_QL80_TTD_~01.jpg (1280x1943, 409K)

It was supposed to be the end of them all, and at one point it looked like it. But nope. A misdirect.

Also people are forgetting that the guy who is saying the Corps are gone is a notorious piece of crap and is probably sending them to a trap.

...You honestly believe bendis didn't make Annihilation 2 out of common sense?

I mean, if there had been anything coming out with the Annihilation name, like a movie, cartoon, game, anything, he'd have tried to go for those sweet synergy bucks. He probably figured focusing on X-Men would give him what he wanted.

No, I believe he had zero ideas to actually make a sequel worth the time and simply churned out bullshit in his book, playing it safe. Thing is, Cates IS playing it safe in GOTG right now, difference being that he knows what toys to use unlike Bendis, so there's a veneer of quality that really isn't there. They're both creatively bankrupt, and in Cates' case it's actually pretty sad when you can guess the plot of the upcoming arcs before they even come out.

But I digress. Bendis squatted on the book with the hopes of getting the movie department to use it as inspiration for the movies, which never happened nor will.

then world war hulk 2 that is basically the same as world war 3 where black adam fought everyone at the same time but with devil hulk

>difference being that he knows what toys to use unlike Bendis
Does he, even? From what I've heard he had like, Cosmic Ghost Rider (does anyone actually care for that one?) and like, alternate reality Phylla and Moondragon.

>Bendis wasn't arrogant enough to think he could go and make a sequel to a beloved saga like Annihilation

Which lenght are you going to so you could justify your hate for a guy which btw, isn't even confirmed to be the writer of this?

Bendis had no problems shitting on Thanos Imperative's end. And that just to name a cosmic thing he ruined that wasn't the GotG or the symbiotes being literally green lanterns. The fucking symbiotes. And somehow no one knew.
The only reason he didn't touched this is because he didn't had the chance, all he needed would have been a roumor for an upcoming movie, and he would have pitched the sequel right away. He has no respect for anything.

He put two dozen obscure cosmic characters on issue #1, then killed them all in one fell swoop, or wait no, not "killed", absorbed by a black hole, so they wouldn't be used for the time being.
Then yes, had Cosmic Ghost Rider, one of the most pushed characters in the last few years (hell, yesterday it got an official Marvel Legends figure, while barely being a year old) as a prominent character, also had Nova job to him and do absolutely nothing until the last issue where he went to battle using a plasma rifle, as well as the pair of cosmic lesbians whose new powers aren't at all well defined, and his actual favorite, Beta Ray Bill (a Thor character, obviously).
He knows what to use to bring readers in, but he didn't use them well at all and focuses on his favorites.

Marvel's Shogun does it again, I see.

>The only reason he didn't touched this is because he didn't had the chance
He had five years for that. The real reason is that he never bothered to read Annihilation (or any previous cosmic book) so he had no reason to use that, specially considering his run was selling almost three times more than DnA.

Also he's obviously gonna write it, he's the "head of Cosmic Marvel", and this is a holy cow. twitter.com/Doncates/status/1152315476481122304?s=19

Attached: GOTG Sales (January 2019).png (2300x1080, 158K)

It was also being published immediately after Marvel Now, had a much bigger marketing push, and people had the knowledge that these characters are gonna be in a movie. But yeah, say it was because of Bendis.

I'm not saying it was because of Bendis, Holy fuck. You're trying too hard to antagonize me when I'm fucking saying HE WAS SHIT AND HE SQUATTED ON A BOOK WHILE BEING CREATIVELY BANKRUPT, FUCK.

So essentially the Lone Ranger or like a wandering Lawman. He didn't exactly put people in handcuffs or sent them to jail. He answered distress signals and helped people and upheld whatever code Xandar had in the beginning but mostly did his own brand of justice.

Rich makes for a poor traditional cop IMO, the guy broke one of his friends out of an armored car that was sending him to jail because he felt his trial was unfair. He has always been a character that follows his gut feeling. It's why he clashed with the Xandarians from time to time since he did what he wanted or felt right.

> it's actually pretty sad when you can guess the plot of the upcoming arcs before they even come out.
Lmao didn't an user predict Peter's dad was going to be the Patriarch and from the preview of GotG #7 they most likely are going to be right.

So is Nova going to be the main character again?

Attached: 8C62V71.jpg (2560x1931, 772K)

No, it's gonna be Cosmic Ghost Rider pulling Knull's guts.

I doubt it, if anything he will be im a mini with Quasar written by Ewing and it will be the only decent story in a trash event.

this is 21st century popculture, smashing 2 or more things together and getting upvotes

Very unlikely unless he gets a movie announced.
I expect him to job to Annihilus this time around

>tfw Phyla-vel ganks the lot of them.

>Tee-hee, I bet you didn't expect that, boys.

Attached: hJIyyP6.gif (385x289, 496K)

C O N F I R M A D O

I could see this happening as reference to Conquest

Where's DnA at?

Attached: where.jpg (480x360, 7K)

Well, the annihilation should hurry up because a new ultron invasion seems to be right behind the corner.

Annihilation 2

Attached: tumblr_42f7a7dc9be1408ebc673083794a1307_3e48c906_540.gif (400x224, 1.1M)