Marvel Retailer and Marvel Comics #1000 SDCC announcements/info Thread

First up, Doctor Doom is getting a solo on-going:

>"Victor Von Doom – scientist, sorcerer, disfigured face, twisted soul – has been spending much of his time warning against a trillion-dollar global effort to create the first “artificial” black hole," reads Marvel's solicitation. "Wrestling with visions of an entirely different life…a better future… DOCTOR DOOM finds himself at a crossroads. (what is he questioning?) A catastrophic act of terrorism kills thousands, and the prime suspect is… DOOM? Victor will have to push his unexplained thoughts aside and focus on remaining alive as the title of “Most Wanted Man” is thrust upon him…. Left with no homeland, no armies, no allies, indeed, nothing at all, will the reign of Doctor Doom come to an abrupt halt?"

Attached: MTU2MzU0NTUyOA==.png (922x1400, 1.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/live-events/sdcc-san-diego-comic-con-2019
newsarama.com/46137-marvel-s-annihilation-teased-for-return.html
newsarama.com/40139-immonen-elaborates-on-comics-retirement.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Incoming Tommy in 3...

Red Goblin 1-shot:

>Marvel's Red Goblin rides again in a new one-shot coming later this year, as announced during a retailer event during Comic-Con International: San Diego. Writers Pat Gleason, Rob Fee, and Sean Ryan are all writing stories for this anthology, with artists to include former DC exclusive Pete Woods.

>"Dead is the new red! In order to finally destroy Spider-Man once and for all Norman Osborn joined himself with the Carnage symbiote, becoming the Red Goblin!," reads Marvel's description of the series. "Here at last are the stories of the Red Goblin’s rein of madness and mayhem! So grab your greatest goblin gear and rend your raiments red, for the Red Goblin rides again!"

Attached: MTU2MzU0NDkxNw==.png (922x1400, 2.24M)

Nice, I came looking for a thread to discuss the new announcements. Can't believe this is an actual new series, though.

>The panel is co-moderated by Marvel's Ryan Penagos and Lorraine Cink. Panelists include C.B. Cebulski, Jody Houser, Gail Simone, and Jeremy Whitley.
>Cebulski billed Marvel's 80th anniversary as the "longest running continuing narrative in human history," a claim often repeated by many.
>Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham have been added to Marvel #1000. They famously worked on a run of Marvelman - though Cebulski would not say what they're working on here.
>"We can't show the full pages cause they're so spoilery," said Penagos.

NO DON'T SUMMON HIM

the red goblin shit is so dumb. I thought were past this shit It’s at least what if right

Why is this a thing?

Mary Jane solo on-going:

>Hot off the heels of her return to the spotlight - literally - in Amazing Spider-Man #25, Mary Jane Watson is announced to be starring in her own solo title for Marvel Comics. Announced during a retailer event at Comic-Con International: San Diego, The Amazing Mary Jane ongoing by writer Leah Williams and artist Carlos Gomez will pick up on that storyline - and this new connection with Mysterio.

>"The web-head’s favorite redhead (and yours!) is taking a chance on her dreams. But if you’ve read ASM #25, you’ll know Mysterio is behind Mary Jane’s big shot, and someone worse is behind him!," reads Marvel's description of the first issue. "What’s real and what’s illusion, what’s illusion and what’s Hollywood phoniness?"

Attached: maryjane.png (862x1400, 1.91M)

Attached: tommy_namor.png (654x347, 465K)

Why aren't they announcing the creative team for it?

Notice the workaround Ramos used to draw her foot as a hoof without it looking weird.

2099 returning. No other info, atm.

Attached: D_3RGmXXkAQQjJ-.jpg (1024x1024, 77K)

They did, OP just didn’t mention it. Christopher Cantwell is writing and Salvador Larocca is drawing.

Marvel Live booth, though they aren't showing the comics here: marvel.com/live-events/sdcc-san-diego-comic-con-2019

newsarama.com/46137-marvel-s-annihilation-teased-for-return.html

Annihilation is returning. No other info or official teaser image, atm.

This is actually a cool headline.

Todd Nauck is in there right now btw.

OH GOD NO, FUCK THAT, don't let Cates anywhere near that. Goddamn it.

Please let this be the ptoject Ewing was talking abput for Nova and Quasar

>Christopher Cantwell
Whomst?
>Salvador Larocca
Yuck

Fuck yes, I really hope he's the one handling them, and not Cates.
>Donny Cates is writing the current Guardians of the Galaxy title as well as the Silver Surfer: Black limited series, and according to Marvel is involved in this project as well.
Ugh.

Future Foundation comic info:

>Most of your favorite Future Foundation characters will appear in the series.Their mission will be to reassemble Molecule Man who was dissipated in Fantastic Four #1. The villain of the series will be The Maker - an evil Reed Richards from an alternate universe.

What hacks are writing this crap?

If the GotG Annual is anything to go off of, it'll probably be Cates and Ewing so at least half of it will be good.

"Involved" is a really generic term.

Marvel teasting a special one-shot for unknow 2020 books:

>Marvel is planning a "big special end-of-the-year one-shot" for December 2019 that will "catapult" Marvel "into the next year". During a retailer event at Comic-Con International: San Diego, the publisher Senior VP of Sales David Gabriel mentioned this project - and offered a teaser slide as well.

>Framing it as the fourth major 2019 event after War of the Realms, House of X / Powers of X, and Absolute Carnage, this as-yet-untitled one-shot will serve as a launchpad for several new series coming out in 2020 according to Gabriel. Marvel plans to announce more on this project in "four or 5 weeks."

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjAvNjY3L2kwMi9pbWFnZTAwMDAwMDEtMi5qcGc=.jpg (575x431, 47K)

Glad to see a Doom comic not written by Bendis.

Guy who made Halt and Catch Fire.

Ewing has to be involved with this. His Nova/Quasar story was totally foreshadowing.

The Annual was also written by Tini Howard, who's at the very least decent, so uh, we'll see, I'm a bit apprehensive about it, until they announce the creative team.
Yeah, but I doubt he's gonna miss the chance to get his paws around Annihilation.

A site that does the live summary for all of this?

Bueno

Calling it right now, it's going to be related to Iron Man 2020

Attached: 2020_APPROACHES.jpg (674x1024, 107K)

Point One with a new coat of paint

The pages that Ewing’s writing in Marvel #1000 include Black Knight, Vindicator, and Prowler.

>Reveals of both talent and talent-matched-to-character lineups were made across the panel. Cebulski praised the work of first-time comics writer and acclaimed YA novelist Jason Reynolds on Miles Morales, though more reveals came with new are from Chris Weston on the Black Knight, Carlos Pacheco on Vindicator and Daniel Acuña on the Prowler in pages from writer Al Ewing's pages that tie the whole issue together.

>the title of “Most Wanted Man” is thrust upon him
So after all of the countless actual crimes and attempts at world domination that Doom has actually committed, it's something that he was framed for that gets him in hot water.

They announced that already thuogh.

So will they do anything with 2099 characters not named Spider-Man?

>the countless actual crimes and attempts at world domination
Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by Yea Forums, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.

Is this a cover for DC Metal

Marvel Comics #1000 info:

>Houser's page with Rachael Stott revisits Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows. Meanwhile, Whitley's page will reunite America Chavez with her mothers, drawn by Irene Koh. "Some of the characters you see will surprise you," said Cebulski. He called it a timeline of Marvel Comics which "tells a story that's been happening behind the scenes in the Marvel Universe that you never knew about."

>first-time comics writer and acclaimed YA novelist

Attached: q22.jpg (403x225, 24K)

When did they announce it? I must have missed it

Didn't he make a suit out of his mom's skin to learn magic?

>Whitley's page will reunite America Chavez with her mothers
Only him would try and reference that solo... Not that they weren't introduced before, but goddamn it, she was fine as she was w/o the Utopian Parallel.

It was his childhood friend and first love's skin, Valeria. The woman Valeria Richards was named after.

Doom caused House of M

When they released the picture you posted
Well, teased would have been a better term

I think that's about it at least for the retailer news, a Spider-Man panel is coming up in a few minutes so whomever can post stuff from that here as well.

A guy who shares a name with a convicted neonazi

Teaser image for Annihilation redux.

Attached: D_3YBCrXkAAYaDu.jpg (1024x1024, 127K)

Doom literally saved all of creation by shanking the Beyonders and sipping their juice long enough for Reed to set it right.

November? I thought it would be next year...
Well, fine. I hope it's not shit.

>Gleason
that's a no go

>Leah Williams
stop sleeping with editors for jobs, your writing isn't funny or good at all

>no Abnett & Lanning
>not even Abnett
It will be shit.

>Whitley, Simone, Houser, Williams
the shogun is going full blown SJWs

Them tits though

We got Cates though

Attached: superior phyla.jpg (1497x1093, 477K)

She's a fine writer.
This is an ironic post, right?

Attached: Peter_Quill_tries_to_make_sense_of_Cates'_writing.png (346x551, 296K)

she fat

No.

>Cates

Attached: How about no.jpg (531x571, 56K)

she's a really shitty writer, stop lying

Fat tits, yes.

Attached: Ragetits.jpg (750x1000, 174K)

Nah she fine. Giant-Man was pretty good.
She'll also kill it in Gwenpool soon.

Attached: Leah Williams✨it's big boy season on Twitter.png (640x438, 60K)

No creative team yet?

Giant-Man was one of the most boring War of the Realms tie-ins
she's objectively a shitty writer who shouldn't be employed

Aside from presumably Cates and Olivetti, no. But we have this...

Attached: ewing-quasar-nova.png (253x352, 39K)

Spider-Man panel info:

>Cebulski is discussing Amazing Spider-Man: Full Circle, which he called a "round robin" comic - which means that each writer creates one chapter of the story that ends in a cliffhanger, with the next writer having to pick up the script blind.

>bragging about having four fucking events in a year
why are they so retarded?

he seems more yellow than usual or it's just the art style?

HoX/PoX isn't an event though, they're a new line of books. Absolute Garbage is an event however, and I don't get it but they're about to start another with this Annihilation thing . It's a very tight schedule.

Attached: absolute carnage reading order.jpg (790x1199, 266K)

>which he called a "round robin" comic
Like "DC Challenge"? Those are usually neat.
The Kamandi one sort of sucked though

Sure he did Wanda.

You guys are slippin':

> Announced Friday during the Spider-Man panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Spider-Verse will be drawn by a host of artists including Juan Frigeri, Arthur Adams, Stuart Immonen, and Stacey Lee. In addition to that, Into the Spider-Verse character designer Wendell Dalit will be drawing covers for the book.

>"Miles Morales finally feels like he gets this Spider-Man stuff… and then falls through a portal! But isn’t the Web of Life & Destiny destroyed?" reads Marvel's description. "Maybe not, True Believer. But who spun this new web? Regardless, Miles finds himself at the center of a multiversal adventure that will feature a who’s who of creators and characters as the series spins forward!"

>Each issue is scheduled to feature #Spidersonas drawn by comic creators and comic fans.

Attached: MTU2MzU2MDE4NA==.jpg (922x1400, 265K)

>You guys liked the movie right???

>#Spidersonas

Attached: p12.jpg (343x466, 119K)

>Gaiman and Buckingham will create a Miracleman page. Lowe wasn't supposed to say - Cebulski immediately called him out.

FUCK YES

>Tom Taylor is writing All-New Wolverine and Gabby for his story. A new character will also be introduced in the story.

You guys are focusing on the wrong things here:
>Stuart Immonen
Wasn't he retired?

Forgot to mention that the MM page is apart of Marvel Comics #1000.

Hah, they actually slipped, look , Cebulski wasn't fast enough.
Well that's good, hope it's a good page. Miracleman needs to come back.

That was easy to predict, Gaiman already kind of spilled the beans some months ago.
Still, happy to have a confirmation

Nice. The Spider-Verse movie had more style and imagination than anything coming out of the main line. Was hoping they would just try to rip it off.

>artists including Arthur Adams, Stuart Immonen, and Stacey Lee

Well at least it will look good

>No Spider-Man: Noir
Why, oh WHY did they have to kill him?

Yeah, nothing like a good artist to hide the awful writing.

Only David Hine knew how to write him, so feel glad .

God please give me a Ewing Black Knight series

>Mary Jane solo on-going:
marvel doesnt want money

I'll take what I can get, can't be worse than when they stuck Lee on America for some reason

>Stuart Immonen
>Wasn't he retired?

Did he?

From last year:

> Stuart Immonen has confirmed to Newsarama that he is taking a break from comics industry - but he isn't necessarily done with comic books completely.

>This comes following a statement from his longtime inker Wade von Grawbadger saying that Immonen was "retired" after this week's Amazing Spider-Man #800 - but as Immonen tells Newsarama, the door isn't completely closed.

>"My exclusive agreement with Marvel wound down some time ago. Everyone involved is happily still on good terms," Immonen told Newsarama. "As to the rest, I have no immediate plans; if the right project with the right collaborators came along, I would of course consider it. For the moment however, Kathryn and I are enthusiastically devoting our time and energy to non-work matters."

I guess this was the "right project".
newsarama.com/40139-immonen-elaborates-on-comics-retirement.html

>awful writing.
>but no writer has been announced yet

Talking about aimless shitposting.

>Marvel writers
>good
user, it's a tradition at this point that all of them be shit.

No. You're only speaking from ignorance. Wait until they announce the writers, then bitch about it.

Nice. I love Stu Immonen.

Nah, I already know they're the usual hacks.

>A major character that's never been a Symbiote host will gain a Symbiote in Absolute Carnage.
Any guesses? Or nobody really cares?

Here spotted the company warrior, so fucking easy.
The only writers i'm worried about don't work at Marvel, fag.

But i'm sure you will keep bitching about everything in this thread even though you clearly don't read Marvel, bacause that's the kind of idiot you are.

What are you even here for

No Giffen mainly. Annihilation was his after all.

At the beginning, but the sequel was purely DnA, and some Gage (for the Phyla Quasar stuff) and Grillo Marxuach (Wraith)...
If they're following the same structure, then it should be about 4 writers at least. I'm just hoping they let Ewing plot the thing and not just relegate him to a mini.
My ideal lineup:

>Quasar: Al Ewing
>Nova: Derek Landy
>Darkhawk: Chad Bowers & Chris Sims
>Warlock: Tini Howard

Annihilation 1 is infinitely better than Conquest. And the best part of Conquest was the Star-Lord mini (penned by.... Giffen.)

reminder that if not for Giffen, Star-Lord would not be in the Marvel universe.
He also tried to get Rocket and Groot into Annihilation, but brevoort told him it was already too over-stuffed

Has Miles had one yet? I think it’s pretty likely if not. There’s been a lot of talk of something huge happening to him at the end of issue 2.

Yeah, it would make sense if he got one of his own. Not sure who else would get it.

>Marvel Comics #1000
It's Marvel is jealous of DC episode. I love how they literally can't even pretend to come up with a reason for why it's #1000.

Was Red Goblin that popular?

Cute trap

>I love how
I don't think you love it, everything about your post scream how butthurt you are knowing this is going be better and sell more than AC and 'tec.

DC copied Deadpool #1000 and Wolverine #1000
absolutely pathetic

I have a not nice feeling that they'll use the opportunity to introduce a more comedic, ITSPV based Spider-Noir.

Not that I disliked their take, it suited the movie, but his original self was popular for a reason.

kek

>better ... than AC and 'tec.
That bar isn't very high.

The truth is that MJ was always black, Mysterio always used his illusions on her.

Hence why the butthurt of someone who thinks people would "envy" that shit.

Pymtron even, with Iron Man 2020 as hero

Absolutely seething

whatever happened to the Octo Goblin armor that Otto and Norm worked on?

I'm not the DCfag sperging on a Marvel thread.
This need of validation... pretty pathetic.

there is no lower form of life than a company warrior. see yourself out.

The Spot.

why did DC shamelessly copy Marvel but did it without any talented writers

Attached: dp_1000_01-02.jpg (2560x1971, 1.82M)

>Ewing Black Knight
Fuck I want it

CBR was mistaken, Ewing and Acuna are doing a Night Thrasher page, not Prowler.

Looks like it's the Sir Percy Black Knight rather than Dane.

Attached: D_39KezUcAAJ1NJ[1].jpg (680x510, 69K)

I'm so excited for Ewing Night Thrasher

>It turns out the Black Knight wore the Eternity Mask under his helm

Little late for interns to be working on a Friday night isn't it?

I feel like it's going to turn out all three of those characters wore it. After all
>One thing I will say - the explanation for the Eternity Mask is new to Marvel, but if you're a long-lived or well-read Marvelite, you've seen the mask itself many, many, many times...

Even better. Night Thrasher fucking ruled in Contest of Champions.
And with how much he's used Alpha Flight characters in Hulk, I wonder if he's doing a series.
>Looks like it's the Sir Percy Black Knight rather than Dane.
Still cool, but disappointing.

We already know that obscure Golden Age western hero the Masked Raider probably wore the mask too.

SDCC is all weekend long baby,, maybe if you're lucky and cry harder you'll get another mediocre Batman title

Isn't that just Rich Johnston's fan theory?

No, people had been theorizing that before him. And it's looking extremely likely.

The ass was fat.

Marvel's really been pushing these mobile game characters lately.

Attached: FFFLUNASNOW2019001-Coax-Cov.jpg (737x1119, 112K)

>Left with no homeland, no armies, no allies, indeed, nothing at all, will the reign of Doctor Doom come to an abrupt halt?
No. Nigga stormed Hell with a suit made of skin. Nigga sent himself back to Jurassic Park to get eaten by dinosaurs for centuries just to settle a grudge with his teacher. He'll prove his innocence with a Burger King receipt and three pubes.

Damn, White Fox has some nice dsls.

Attached: D0B6BC78-F523-4017-85CD-B760AAFCD260.jpg (750x1139, 126K)

She ugly.

Still don't like her new costume.

all of her "fans" just want to fuck her, Xavierfiles and company are disgusting

No Dr Strange news? Fuckkk

>Cebulski billed Marvel's 80th anniversary as the "longest running continuing narrative in human history," a claim often repeated by many.

The fuck, Marvel isn't that old. They've been around since the 60s, fucking lying bastard.

Well if it worked why not?

Like yo mama.

I am sorry for not having shit taste and pretending Leah Williams is good because ''muh titty monster''.

Attached: (you).jpg (770x814, 296K)

They count from timely and atlas periods, just because the name changed doesn't mean it's not all the same company.

she has less writing experience than Gabby Rivera before joining Marvel

He got Hulked in Starlin's last run, I'm thinking the yellow is a "lighting" thing

Retarded trash