So, what did we think?

So, what did we think?

Attached: download.jpg (201x251, 9K)

loved the world of illusions

3.5/5 movie
Mysterio rules. I think the essence of spider-man is captured pretty well

Problem was in the overall execution. It felt more like a bunch of separate scenes haphazardly strung together rather than an actual cohesive story. It just kind of begins and then a big fight happens and then it ends. It's like the whole movie is a long second act in some larger thing

Gotta think for yourself OP.

>we
I liked it personally

Same as Homecoming. Too much Iron Boy. Only good part was anything to do with the villain.

Still ruining spiderman Character

Mysterio was perfect. The rest was a lot of the same problems I had with Homecoming doubled down on.

I think Mysterio was pretty good. Everything else not so much.

Needs to do more squats and work on his ass.

Iron Boy

I don't care about hollandman and the kids at all
Mysterio was fucking great even if the first half of the movie was a slog

>Same as Homecoming. Too much Iron Boy
There was barely any in the homecoming and even less in FFH

Any at all is still too much.
>even less in FFH
The whole movie was about Iron Man. The villain's motive was Iron Man. Spider-Man's arc was about who's going to become the next Iron Man. He literally builds his suit just like Tony builds his armor.

Shit

It's a bit weird to me that the movie tried to sell the twist of Mysterio to the audience straight. Like everyone didn't ready know, sure he isn't Green Goblin, Doc Ock or Venom but I feel the general public is still aware of Spidey's B-list villains.

I guess that only works based on two factors:
The trailer told us Mysterio was from an alternate Earth and Jake and Tom have really onscreen chemistry.

I liked not, not quite as much as Homecoming, but close.

something something tom spidey is ben reilly

Attached: spider-dab.jpg (2048x1152, 145K)

i liked it basically sums up my thoughts as a comic fan

Great. Probably one of my favorite Spider-Man movies.

>The whole movie was about Iron Man
Blatantly false. It was about e effect he had on people. Did you really expect FFH to not address the death of Iron Man, who opened up this entire universe of heroes, who saved the entire universe, and the planet twice?
>The villain's motive was Iron Man
Because that makes thematic sense for the arc Peter goes through. Peter is wondering if he's adequate at all, and if he's more than Iron Man's sidekick. His arc is realizing that he doesn't need to be as good as Iron Man, but to be the best Spider-Man he can be(and before you start complaining that that's exactly the same arc as Homecoming, the first two Raimi movies are just as guilty of this) Mysterio in contrast, dedicated himself to outdoing the man who saved the universe, and refuses to acknowledge that he can't outdo Tony.
And does that really matter, outside of that, Mysterio was virtually a comic book come to life. He's petty, thinks he's deserving of far more than he probably does, is an ego maniac, and is a complete pussy without his illusions.
>Spider-Man's arc
See the above. You can't kill off the founder of the MCU one movie, and not acknowledge his death and impact in the next movie.

>Iron Man in the montage
>Peter's motivation is the movie is trying to live up to Iron Man
>Iron Man posters / graffiti literally every other scene
>villain's motivation is Iron Man
>villain uses drones built by Iron Man
>Macguffin weapon is Iron Man's glasses
>Peter building his suit with Iron Man tech with ACDC playing in the background while an Iron Man character flies the plane

jesus fuck can this character do anything without something iron man related

Yeah, too much Iron Boy. That's what I said.

Fuck MJ but she might already have Ironman themed dildo

Attached: DuuEG2GUwAA-yiy.jpg (2725x1019, 670K)

ASM had plenty of soul it just got the shit end of the stick

I hated it more than any MCU movie so far. Lazily "written" comedies get under my skin and it was Spider-Man in name only. I don't like this post-Snap MCU and I'm only in this for Guardians at this point.

ASM had the same "soul" as the Twilight movies. ASM2 is the most fun drunk watch you and a group of friends could have.

>raimi-man
>good

it wasn't good
it was great

Attached: spider-man murata.jpg (564x872, 178K)

One of the best Spider-man movies I've seen.

The other one of the whole 2 you've seen being Homocumming?

I think people are way off when they say Iron Man is Mysterio's motivation. Tony is the catalyst for the events of the movie but Beck's actual motivation is to have everyone look at him and praise him as the best and brightest. That this is over Tony's dead body is just a bonus.

Just finish seeing the movie an hour ago...

Mysterio's a dick for what he did in the end.

>spidy only fights drones
lame

Mysterio was great

Only liked the Mysterio segments where he applied illusions.
The last scene where the illusions were broken and he just fights drones was underwhelming as fuck. Who the fuck wants to watch spiderman fight drones in some too fast to see CGI?
All of the other characters were also shit and I hate this Spiderman version where they use Ironman as some weak uncle Ben substitute.
Only watch it for the Mysterio scenes.

Gallant Vulture pays it forward
Goofus Mysterio spills the beans