How the fuck is the writing clever again?

how the fuck is the writing clever again?
shows are suppossed to get worse and worse, how does this season keep getting better?

Attached: 1183358930_850215_0000000000_sumario_normal.jpg (400x294, 32K)

It’s a special gem. We must protect it.

is American Dad really as funny as Yea Forums says it is? I've seen nothing but praise for this show and I'm not sure if its shitposting or not

personally I think it is just Family Guy without cutaway gags

I thought Hamerican Dad wasn't that great, the plot meandered into a corner with the sick members of the ham club and they repeated the same gag of them all getting sick to end the episode. And the B plot was 3 just 3 short scenes that only served to make sure the VAs got a role in the episode. Klaus had a more meaningful role than Steve, Hayley or Jeff.

it’s not the best but certainly better than family guy nowadays

I think Yea Forums over hypes it just a tad bit because the standards of animated sitcoms are so low.
That isn't to say it's bad or wrong though.
I thought it was one of the weaker ones this season too.
No B plot can compare to the Lunch Lady episode though, that one was so bad and clearly stapled on for the sake of it.
I wish they'd cut the crap and not have a B plot unless it actually works.

Attached: 1430625680171.png (533x800, 107K)

i love american dad but this new seasons sort of sucked for me, a lot of what american dad had over family guy was more consistent characterization that worked well in semi-grounded stories. season 2 was the best of this and tbs is just lulrandoming

The characters have gotten drastically more loose over the last several seasons but at the very least the individual gags can still be good enough to make up for it.

Worst one by far was when Stan disfigured Haley just to avoid getting in trouble, that shit was too far even for Stan, they should have had Rodger do it.

yeah, the drama could have came from stan using roger and roger doing terrible things, sort of like the monorail episode.
it would be interesting to see the tbs cast try to write a season 1 or 3 epsiode

Yamo B there!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

And it actually works, rather than being disconnected from the story the gags are part of it with the potential either justifying an action or running the risk of backfiring later on to justify a plot point.

the bit with artuto slowly diyng and then rogers tells him i think its time and he thinks they are going to finish him off was the first thing to make me actually laugh in a tv show in a very long time
It was just a great set up and i wasnt expecting it, i never laugh at jokes that are too obvious

>No B plot can compare to the Lunch Lady episode though, that one was so bad and clearly stapled on for the sake of it.
the less b plot they have the better, they are just a lazy cop out so they dont have to put any effort into the script

Honestly I think they should have switched it, the ham thing being a B plot and the scaring Greg being a main plot.
The ham plot went on for far too long and to be honest at first I thought the B plot was going to be some shit like Greg just being fearless of everything for whatever reason and the family figuring out a way to scare him.

> The characters have gotten drastically more loose over the last several seasons but at the very least the individual gags can still be good enough to make up for it.
This, most sitcoms write characters, but inevitably write the character into a whole: it because a person with 5-6 trademark reacts to any given situation, that for jokes only works in a few dozen situations.
AD has loosen characters so much, it doesn't seem weird that Stan has a Ham club or Haley picks bar fights to destress. It flies in the face of the tropes they are built on, but always more stories and responses therein. (Something originally but deliberately done with Roger having a persona of the week)

Attached: 1561863634889.jpg (898x1080, 314K)

The Roger and Arturo interactions were pretty good. It’s strange that they established a head of the ham club and then did nothing with him though. I thought it was weak that Roger got the entire club to love him so quickly too, the writers even poke fun at it when Roger says he wrote the poem and they say they loved it.

Attached: FBA480E7-D7C2-4B73-9C19-B2C2764C13DD.jpg (1079x1098, 195K)

>shading
Gross.

UP AND OVER

>american "comedies" have been terrible since the first episode of the simpson
>its literally low iq/unfun zoomer trash

Last got american comedy was Hogan's Heroes.

It's far more structured

>I thought Hamerican Dad wasn't that great,
IT'S A DAMN HAMBULANCE

It always was

Where was Family Guy during the first season of American Dad, 'cause it did have some growing pains.

>Roger mixing Ham and Clam for his entire speech
I feel like they meme'd a bit too hard for the joke to even be funny.

the more you add to a character the less you can do with it
thats why the loony tunes are timeless

what about fraiser?

Apparently the writers aren't allowed to make dated reference.
Every episode has to be as relevant now as it would be 30 years from now.
Or so I've heard.

It's not a genius show without flaws but it's pretty damn fun, especially when compared to other MacFarlane shows.
Also, does anyone in this thread have any laaaunch cooodes?

Honestly had a golden age near as long as the Simpsons. Season or two before moving networks you could notice it getting worse but it stayed consistently good for ages.

The first symptom of the noticable drop in quality was forced B plots.

>rogoo might be going to hell, but rogoo not go alone AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>IT'S A DAMN HAMBULANCE
Its a GODdamn Hambulance

I love how he says they're pigs the second time like hes angry at the ambulance driver or something