Muh not muh Peter muh uncle Ben muh Tony Stark muh Iron Boy muh Iron Lad

>muh not muh Peter muh uncle Ben muh Tony Stark muh Iron Boy muh Iron Lad
Alright, Jesus Christ, we get it, you don't like MCU Spider-Man because he's tied to Iron Man and the Avengers, but I hope you know why they're doing it, it's certainly not because they think it has more artistic merit this way, or because they think it's true to the character.

You know which movie made a billion dollars? Fucking Iron Man 3. You know which movie didn't make a billion dollars? None of the Spider-Man ones, except maybe Far From Home which is on its way. They're running a business and they're running it well, and you should learn to take what you can get, at least it's not fucking Sony, and his solo movies are better than the most of the garbage the MCU pumps out.

Attached: 1563559949340.jpg (3840x2400, 2.12M)

>You know which movie made a billion dollars?
And how much of that went to you? Zero? Me too. You and I got a shitty movie instead. In fact, 20 shitty movies full of compromized artistic integrity for the sake of maximized profits (the proverbial billion dollars, guess at least something does work in that shoddy crap), twice a year for eleven years, and eleven years more, and a shit ton of even less lucky copycats.

Why do you faggot nerds love bringing up box office so much?

You need to accept the realities of capitalism

The reason is because of the kind of shit you see spouted in youtube comments and reddit about the MCU being so "accurate" and "truthful" and "faithful" to the source material by people who blatantly have never read a comic in their lives and in doing so often times try to denounce previous iterations as being lesser as a result.

Now, that on its own wouldnt cause this, the real cause is the fact that when you criticize MCU Spider-Man on that basis, people flock in droves to defend and justify any and all critique regarding its interpretation and deviation from the source material, and also typically go so far as to completely ignore and attack criticisms of the films from a basic filmmaking perspective, what also doesnt help is that usually they take potshots at the older films whilst doing this, which only stoke the flames.

I know its memeshit to use the word "Normie" and "Reddit" but it really is reddit tier normie MCU fanboy shit, and thats why this happens.

Because they cant just accept MCU Spider-Man isnt perfect and isnt really faithful to the source material or concept of Spider-Man. They'll always use these attacks or defenses:

>Its an alternate universe!
Which is no justification because its being presented as a mainstream canon interpretation, not an elseworlds offshoot interpretation
>Webshooters!
Which are not the be-all end-all of Spider-Man
>he's a teenager
Spider-Man stopped being a teenager in 1965
>he acts like a REAL teenager/he needs to grow!
Ultimate Spider-Man exists and blows that logic out of the water
>Its like Ultimate dumbass its not 616
It literally has nothing to do with Ultimate besides him being in highschool and stealing Ganke
>YOU WANT TO SEE UNCLE BEN DIE AGAIN?
No, people want Spider-Mans prime motivating factor to be clearly evident through his character instead of him not giving a shit about his foster father being killed because of his selfish, egocentric, "fuck you got mine" actions.

His movie like all other fucking MCU movies made billion BECAUSE ITS PART OF THE FUCKING MCU YOU STUPID FAGGOT.They easily could have made a proper spiderman movie but instead they made him tony's cumsock because they thought it would get them the most money.Kill yourself you mouse bootlicking cunt

Now with that being said I want to fuck Tom holland

Attached: 46c462f55fcc628f7dea720b1f512b00.jpg (600x1145, 94K)

I find it funny how the same people who denigrate the MCU Spider-Man movies for "diminishing Peter" (when the base story and concepts could work wonderfully if you extracted them and removed all MCU details) also suck Spider-Verse's dick even though it's a story that literally can't work without shitting on Peter and inherently diminishes him from the core of the concept.

Retard.

Classic Spider-Versefag non-argument

>and you should learn to take what you can get, a

Only underage retards would say this

Oh look another fag that never read a fucking comic.

Attached: 1563546408142.jpg (508x903, 58K)

You would've never gotten a live action Mysterio this good without the MCU, literally never

Classic Spider-Versefag non-argument

Says the underage retard

Pure uncontrolled underaged autism

Attached: 1563562720908.jpg (768x960, 63K)

>Why do you faggot nerds love bringing up box office so much?
In the era of the "big blockbuster or nothing," the box office is the only thing keeping these movies (and really any movies) getting made. Now, you may say, "Good riddance to the MCU," and that's fine, but you'll still only be getting blockbusters, so I hope you enjoy Disney remakes and stuff made to only appeal to China.

Even Raimi planned to make Mysterio a jobber for what would essentially be a cameo in the fourth movie's intro, if you can't appreciate the MCU depiction on its own ignoring all the MCU's bad parts, you might be the underaged ones here

I'll take Mysterio being a jobber any day of the week if it meant spiderman wasn't gonna be some rich dudes cuck and had his moral code of with great power comes great responsibility,and cared about his uncle

Attached: 1563413160648.jpg (1700x1200, 289K)

>stop complaining, they're doing it for the money!
not the best defense

>Why do you faggot nerds love bringing up box office so much?
Easy way way to say they like something popular.

All the old Spider-man films if adjusted for inflation, have made close or more than a billion dollars. You're a retard.

If you don't understand why box office gets brought up so much, you might be the kid from pic related

Attached: 1563563795142.jpg (1108x1552, 150K)

Forgot the Randy Savage pic dude :(

Typical mousedrone only thinking about the $$$

I thought Far From Home was decent but Spider-Verse encapsulates the essence of Spider-Man far better, and it doesn't even have Peter as the fucking protagonist.

Attached: SpiderVerse_bac348.1059_lm_v1.jpg (3000x1600, 518K)

no it doesn't lmao

>the essence of spider-man
>still relies on a side kick dynamic
>turns on spiderman into a bitch and the other into Batman

The MCU at least let’s Pete go it alone for his fights. It doesn’t sabotage his charactercto build Bendises OC

This is like a storytime of pain all in a single post.

>encapsulates the essence of Spider-Man
>it doesn't even have Peter as the fucking protagonist.
That's not how it works, senpai

nice argument

>still relies on a side kick dynamic
Not really, more like a mentor student dynamic. Much better done than Iron Man / Iron Boy.
>turns on spiderman into a bitch
?????
Peter was at his lowest point after a divorce and the death of Aunt May. The fact that he hasn't committed suicide already makes him not a bitch. He eventually regains his self confidence and becomes classic near the end so I'm not sure you even watched the movie.
> and the other into Batman
Now I definitely know you didn't watch it or are retarded

So I guess all these people never captured the essence of Spider-Man then, huh?

Attached: spider_verse_by_jonathanpiccini_jp-d9l7kl6-752x440-752x405.jpg (752x405, 93K)

>muh cash
fuck off, idiot

Correct

No. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. Those other shitters are just background noise and they always will be. Especially Miles.

Turning aunt May into Alfred is such a testament to the character.

The essence to a character isn't literally tied to the person. Just because a story features Peter Parker doesn't mean its going to be good

Versus the non-character that Aunt May is in the MCU? She does fucking nothing in the movies

She’s emotional support when she’s on screen, look both spiderverse and the MCU shit all over peter. The MCUis doing it because not only does he have to be in a shared universe now with other hero’s but their hands are tied with using certain characters due to the contract with Sony. Spiderverse just shits all over peter because it’s the only way to build miles

>Spider-Verse encapsulates the essence of Spider-Man
these are true facts

What essence? That spider-man isn’t just an arbitrary name peter decided to give himself but a universal constant?

The essence of Spider-Man is about dealing with the responsibility to do the right thing, while also juggling the problems that life constantly throws at you.

This concept isn't exclusive to Peter Parker at all

But miles spent the bulk of the movie running away from his responsibilities because he believed he deserved more for no reason. Then of course the universe gives him everything he wants because the script demanded it, not because he deserved anything or earned it

>But miles spent the bulk of the movie running away from his responsibilities because he believed he deserved more for no reason.
For no reason? He had the constant pressure of his dad wanting him to go to that school and become something he didn't want to be. Its obvious his interests were instead in the art and creativity. He also had to live to the expectations of Spider-Man himself and several alternate versions of him, which is another huge pile of responsibilities to go through that any kid would get scared of.

>Then of course the universe gives him everything he wants because the script demanded it, not because he deserved anything or earned it

His uncle died and the spider-group shunned him. He earns the Spider-Mantle by taking the leap of faith as Peter himself describes, by putting some confidence in himself and taking responsibility for his actions.

What does his dad want him to be that he doesn’t? What does he want to be? We don’t learn any of this we just see him be a spoiled brat the whole movie while only ever knowing he was destined for greater things but never claiming what those were to why. He was handed everything on a silver spoon including his powers and “struggles”. Wanting to be spiderman because he believes he’s earned it is just as relatable as wanting to make money to support his family and impress a girl. Miles is a shallow character adding nothing of his own to a franchise he’s dragging down

>What does his dad want him to be that he doesn’t? What does he want to be? We don’t learn any of this
You didn't even watch the fucking movie.

>being a Disney shill

He just wants to paint and do fuck all? That’s his deep motivation to be a better spiderman? That’s worth Pete dying? I know you Miles fans hate spiderman but dang

I don't really care at this point, they found their formula of success and it's not changing anytime soon. At least Far From Home was decent.

Raimi still did all better, but Mysterio is Raimi tier villain.

did you watch the movie?
its literally a kids film they explain every character's motivation and the entire premise of the movie at the end.
> miles spent the bulk of the movie running away from his responsibilities because he believed he deserved more for no reason. Then of course the universe gives him everything he wants because the script demanded it, not because he deserved anything or earned it
this isn't even in the movie

Nah, it's a film that proves you can tell a completely different Spider-man story and STILL stay true to the themes and appeal of the comics.

Also if you think the film is shitting on Peter I'll guess you haven't watched it or think the existence of Miles is inherently disrespectful which is shitass take.

Yes it’s the whole notion behind great expectations, he believes he deserved something more but we’re never given any real motivation. You’re right it’s a children’s movie teaching young black children they’re not worth anything until they adopt a white mans name. It’s a part of the reason he doesn’t share his fathers name

Essence of peter is being a cuck loser who whines about his uncle 2bh

Go away, Dan.

>You know which movie didn't make a billion dollars? None of the Spider-Man ones
>what is inflation
all 3 Raimi movies would have made 1 billion nowadays, not to mention with China as big as it is today
and Spider-Man had the biggest opening weekend of all time back then
stupid zoomer

>shitting on Ben and Kaine
Get the fuck out.

you're braindead.
I can't believe I have to spell this out for you but the great expectation is being spider-man a.k.a. doing what's right no matter how many times you fall down you get back up.
the message is every can be spider-man, everyone has great expectations by doing what's right.
again this was clear as day

>You and I got a shitty movie instead.
You're crazy lmao that movie was nowhere near shitty

>Peter Parker is a spider-man.

FTFY.

>believed he deserved more for no reason

Miles ran away from his "responsibilities" because he didn't think he was up to the task.

They aren't even "responsibilities", no Spider-Man has to act in the interest of the greater good. That is the whole thing about Spider-Man. Incredible power thrust upon someone unassuming who CHOOSES to use that power for the greater good, often to their own personal detriment. THAT IS SPIDER-MAN.