What do you think of the current run of Superior Spider-man? I like that slowly but surely Otto is growing as a person...

What do you think of the current run of Superior Spider-man? I like that slowly but surely Otto is growing as a person. In his own autistic way at least.

Attached: Superior Spider-Man (2019) - Superior Spider-Man (2019) Issue #9 - 16.jpg (1988x3056, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/44765-marvel-teases-spider-gwen-no-more.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish we got to see more of these interactions between Otto and Peter.

Attached: Superior Spider-Man (2019) - Superior Spider-Man (2019) Issue #9 - 17.jpg (1988x3056, 1.43M)

I'm digging it but I wish he was Superior Octopus.
Extra Spider people are probably gonna get cleaned up in the next couple of years, then new ones introduced, as always. Superior Octopus would drag him out of that and we'd get that sick costume

>Otto is growing as a person
Yeah, he went from autistic edgelord to full on incel in the span of like one issue. Some huge growth there.

I like it which makes it all the more of a shame that I know that Marvel will eventually throw it all away to revert Otto to Dock Ock because he’s too classic a villain for them to ever get rid of. It’s not a matter of if, only when

Yeah but its hard to get away with using what was basically his nazi uniform

I hope not. I hate villains turned hero turned villain again. If old Otto has to come back I hope its a clone or time displaced version of himself. Hell I think it would make an interesting dilemma for Otto at least.

Yeah, but Cap does it all the time now

Otto was the nerd Peter use to be. Now he isn't even that, what a compromise. I can't believe you Ass-burgers still use the word Aught-ism. Haven't you figured out the monstrosity of your doctors and parents.

It's pretty good, and miles better than anything Slott ever did with the character.

I want Superior Octopus back fighting crime. Too many Spiders

I'm kind of iffy on him being more wholesome as a person. I prefer his dickish behavior. I like the occasional instances of wholesomeness that we've seen in earlier issues but having him discovering guilt as a hero and breaking down and crying seems a bit much for me.

What Otto needs a new name. We dont need 3 heroes running around all named Spider-man.

It's written well and I'm not against the idea of Otto wanting to change his ways, but him being a Spider-Man still feels wrong, especially since he had to steal Peter's DNA to get his powers back.

He had one; Doctor Octopus. I didn’t see Sandman change his name when he went good

Probably when they decide make him a villain in one of their movies.

He wanted to leave his old life behind. Not to mention he was on the most wanted list.

But he isn't a potato anymore.

As someone who hates the concept of SpOctavius on a primal level, I get the impression that this writer would have handled the original introduction of the character far better than Slott, and I can certainly agree with that. But really, a monkey could do a better job than Slott so that's not saying much.

That said, this current run is like a hammer hitting a nail that's already been pushed deep into a wall. We get it. Octavius struggles with the idea of being a good person. He's an old man scientist trapped in a younger man's body. When he talks, it's silly due to the contrast. It was a very nice gimmick for a few months some years ago. Enough is enough let's move on.

>But really, a monkey could do a better job than Slott so that's not saying much.
Sure, but when you had to deal with Slott for ten fucking years anything slightly better is a breath of fresh air.

Marvel has been pretty good about movie synergy ever since Cebulski took over, no characters getting turned into movie versions or anything like that.

Yeah but Superior Octopus had a sick costume that still homages Peter’s

>We dont need 3 heroes running around all named Spider-man.

Nah, it's nice that Peter doesn't have to shoulder the burden of being Spider-Man alone anymore.

Literally everyone did a better job of writing Spock than Slott. Even that one random writer that did a couple issues where Spock was mentoring that one person with light powers or something and they sacrificed themselves at the end of it. Gage isn't perfect though, he co-wrote some shit while paired with Slott on SSM but he's done a lot better afterwards so I can assume the shitty stuff can be attributed to the usual suspect.

??? The burden of "being Spider-Man" he's a fucking superhero, he's in New York, there's a million fucking superheroes there, "burden of being Spider-Man" my ass.

Yeah it's good to know his life is easy street now that other people share his name and yet share none of the negative consequences of the name.

Retard.

Burden? Fuck you. God forbid we have variety. Superior Octopus was cool

>full on incel in the span of like one issue
Doesn't he nail the black milf in this issue?

No, he tells her to fuck off and that he doesn't want to deal with her being annoying and fawning after him.

Did you read the whole issue? They make out while Spiders-Man watches.

We're talking about Peter "I never have time for my loved ones because I'm Spider-Man" Parker. He NEEDS someone who can take care of all the web-slinging and wisecracking so he can take a night off every once in a while.

Dude, I loved Superior Octopus too, but the identity's tainted by HYDRA now.

Watch next issue, Otto'll blame her for being a distraction and kick her to the curb.

I don't understand why he isn't Iron Spider.

Thats a good idea

Because "Steel Spider" already exists. And calling himself "Iron Spider" is stupid as fuck.

Attached: 2060635-steel_spider.jpg (320x294, 25K)

People have been saying that MJ is getting that. Probably just wishful thinking. It should go to Miles anyway.

Yeah, that's not going to work considering that Otto is in fucking SF.

Again, when has ANY name been permanently tainted in the Marvel universe? Civilians love/hate people every other day of the week. They accepted Norman as a hero for fuck sake!

Well he still has Miles. And I would love to see the look on a villain's face when they move to SF to get away from Spidey and see Otto swinging around.

It's tainted by HYDRA. Steve Rogers is still getting shit for HYDRA!Cap's actions. Otto using the Superior Octopus identity after his stint with HYDRA in Secret Empire would be as in poor taste as walking down the streets of Berlin with a swastika face tattoo.

You still just completely ignored what I just said. Marvel Civilians love/hate a name at a coin toss. You’re trying to bend over backwards trying to justify a shit ton of spider people

I know it's an unpopular opinion, since Yea Forums spergs over Superior for some reason... but I just want him to lose Spider-Powers and go back to being Doc Ock. Him being a half-Peter clone is stupid. We have enough clones of Peter, with Ben and Kaine. And with Miles, Gwen, and Miguel around too there are just too many damn Spider-People.

Damn man, that’s really good

I think the most likely thing is that he does go back to being a villain and become Doc Ock or something similar while still keeping the body.

Why is Pete such a fucking beta? This dude literally murdered him, and stole his body AND identity, and is now running around calling himself the SUPERIOR Spider-Man. And what does Peter do? Whimper at Otto's insults and try to give the guy pick-me-ups.
It would be both more interesting and less fucking retarded if Peter hated Spock.

Here is the funny thing.
The guy (can't remember the name) used to be a big fan of Otto and built himself his own tentacles, then he started to look up to Peter, and he changed both his name and his costume. Then years later he came up with this more "edgy" design and name.

NuOtto making him his sidekick would be poettry.

To be fair, Loki and Magneto are still good, right? Or at least not full out evil...

Miguel and Gwen aren't around anymore and they haven't been for years.

Isn't he dead? I think Bullseye killed him.

Attached: 2TPrw.jpg (1248x1765, 1.52M)

>go back to being Doc Ock
Fuck you Slott.

This shit is lame as fuck.
>You're smarter and more wise than me, Otto!
>Even though I'm so dumb, I do know enough to say this; you shouldn't feel bad because you're a super duper great superhero and I wholeheartedly approve! :)
Literally the same as when they get Peter to say this to Miles, or Kamala, or all the other legacy heroes they want you to like. You faggots eat it up though, because you have no taste.

No. He isn't dead. Last time we saw him, he was tossed in the Negative Zone prison during Civil War. But since that prison isn't around anymore, he's still roaming around somewhere in Marvel character limbo.

>>You're smarter and more wise than me, Otto!
>>Even though I'm so dumb, I do know enough to say this; you shouldn't feel bad because you're a super duper great superhero and I wholeheartedly approve! :)
You could've tried harder than that.

Attached: 1501965052349.jpg (269x253, 15K)

Here's hoping he's used properly and not killed off in some event.

This is the moment i hoped Otto would never come back to his old self.
The thing is his ties with the Sinister runs to deep, and i was always sure he will come back to his original self just like Lex Luthor did. Sadly some villians (unlike Loki for exemple) are too iconic to not roll back to being pure evil.

I just hope they will confirm this Otto is a different entity than the original one since he is a clone and his personality was a back-up copy downloaded in him.
It is the perfect loophole to have both.

>Don't give me great powers great responsibility cliché!
>See Peter, I have great power and I feel responsible!
I know this is supposed to be clever but it feels dumb.

Have you read the issue?
Otto tells Pete his life is shitty and he's a shameful underachiever, and peter just agrees with him. Then in these page, Peter says Otto has more 'life experience' as if the insane mad scientist super villain is wiser than him.
Then he fucking tries to cheer Spock up and tell him he's doing a good job.

What fucking motivation does Peter have to cheer Spock up? The guy LITERALLY fucking killed him. What's next, he'll track down Norman and tell Norman just how inspirational it was when he knocked up Gwen?

Oh, and i bet you were do mad while reading the issue, right? Aww fuck this shit

Too bad the one talking to Otto wasn't Peter, but hey, nice try.

To expand, the fact that Peter isn't tracking Spock down and bringing him in is stretching suspension of disbelief far enough. If a body change is all it takes for peter to forget all the crimes Spock has commited, Peter is a pinbrain.

Are you fucking retarded? That's literally Peter that he's talking to. Who the fuck did you think it is?

>Have you read the issue?
He did, you didn't or maybe you are just an illeterate faggot, since the one talking to Otto wasn't Peter.

Imagine being too dumb to even understand fucking capeshit but still trying to push your retarded agenda.

Try to read the issue instead of making shit up out of a single page posted on a chinese forum.
Analphabet.

>To expand, the fact that Peter isn't tracking Spock down and bringing him in is stretching suspension of disbelief far enough. If a body change is all it takes for peter to forget all the crimes Spock has commited, Peter is a pinbrain.
The first few arcs are basically Otto getting the benefit of the doubt from other heroes. Also comics is pretty well known for their villain redemptions.

>Otto tells Pete his life is shitty and he's a shameful underachiever, and peter just agrees with him
He's right.
>Then in these page, Peter says Otto has more 'life experience' as if the insane mad scientist super villain is wiser than him.
He does have more life experience than Peter, but he isn't wiser than him.
Peter's point is proven right when Otto breaks down.
>Then he fucking tries to cheer Spock up and tell him he's doing a good job.
>What fucking motivation does Peter have to cheer Spock up? The guy LITERALLY fucking killed him.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Otto is now a "good" guy, thanks to him thousands of lives were saved in SF.

Doc Ock died when Superior started and he becomes a better person when he takes over Peter's body, even if it was all fucking retarded to begin with.

It just seems like you have a problem with the character instead of the chapter.

No but he doesn't have an arm anymore.
Which would fit the sidekick with a cyber arm trope.

My question: Why the fuck is Peter being friendly with Otto at all? And when did that start. As of Spider-Geddon, Peter was still telling Otto off. Then, suddenly, for no reason at all, in War of the Realms he just stopped caring about all the shit Otto did to him. Then he shows up in this week's Superior and treats Otto like a best bud. Its really fucking hamfisted.

>becomes a better person when he takes over Peter's body
Actually that Otto died and the current Otto is the one that was still villainous, tried to kill everyone at the end of Spiderverse and got his memories wiped, but had his memories backed up on a spiderbot, got uploaded into Robot, killed Anna's boyfriend, joined forces with Jackal, stole Jackal's superbody and merged his DNA with Peter's, joined Hydra, escaped to SF, and then slowly started trying to be a hero rather than pretending to be one.

>As of Spider-Geddon, Peter was still telling Otto off
They barely interacted in that.

As for why, Otto saved May.

I agree with you that it feels hamfisted, but Otto still saved thousands of lives and helped defend earth against an invasion so Peter showing up to check on Otto is not completely impossible.

Fucking Slott.

You're are that Otto saved May -before- Spider-Geddon, right? And Peter was still giving Otto shit during Spider-Geddon.

I’ll admit I like it but I miss old Otto, he should attempt to reclaim the doctor octopus moniker. Why dress himself in the guise of a former foe rather than reclaim and redeem his former self?

>but Otto still saved thousands of lives and helped defend earth against an invasion

Yeah, and it wasn't too long ago that he held the entire planet prisoner and threatened to eradicate most of humanity.

That's sweet. I wish he had a moment like that in the origin Superior run too.

Have you just not been reading comics? Gwen never stopped having an ongoing and is even about to get one where she does her activities in 616 and Miguel just showed up again last issue in Amazing Spider-Man

>and is even about to get one where she does her activities in 616
No. but nice strawman.

>Miguel in ASM

Where he show up as a tease and in his own universe.

>strawman

Supplying evidence of why you're a turbo casual isn't a strawman.

>killed Anna's boyfriend

I thought he just lured the guy away with a fake job offer.

Pete believes in giving people second chances because he's an honestly good person. It's not like he's letting Otto run wild either it's already been established that every major hero knows who he is in case he starts picking up old habits again and Pete knows Anna Maria is around to make sure he stays on the straight and narrow.

>casual for calling out his bullshit

Sure user, i'm sure Peter is your favorite hero and you are so mad other guys are stealing the spotlight from him.

You are totally not a shitposters with no argouments or sources, no.
You aren't fooling anyone retard.

them changing their name doesn't mean that Peter has any more of a burden
all it does is make it easier for the reader

This.
Sadly without Spider-Man in the title superior would sell even less, that is simply a fact.

newsarama.com/44765-marvel-teases-spider-gwen-no-more.html

>Pete believes in giving people second chances because he's an honestly good person.

Sure. But there was no in-between. It went from Peter telling Otto to go pound sand in one issue... to Peter trying to give Otto pep talks in the next. There is no middle ground. Its super bizarre and awkward.

>user literally gives specific examples
>"no argouments or sources"

Classic.

It was at the end of Slott's run, IIRC. Otto rescued Aunt May from Carnage Goblin so Peter kind of forgave him.

Uh-huh. And Spider-Geddon is set AFTER Slott's run. And during Spider-Geddon, Peter is still giving Otto shit for being a piece of shit.

Peter would rather have Otto be a good guy than a bad guy, and if that means he has to encourage Otto to continue being a hero, then so be it. Not hard to understand.

Except there was?

Pete told Otto he would give him a chance at the end of the Red Goblin arc and while he doesn't particularly like the guy until the end of Spider-Geddon when Pete congratulated him and said they are still cool and everyone was glad that he's honestly trying to be a hero.

We then see Pete again in the WOTR crossover being friendly with Otto and understanding that it's hard for the guy to not want to save everyone and in this issue he goes to help him directly and be supportive.

Attached: RCO032.jpg (1041x1600, 516K)

user you can be okay with some and still not agree with their plan to Murder bad guys. Which if you remeber, is the plan they end up going with. Otto's plan. You did finish it, right user?

Otto as Spider-Man has always been fun for me. I like when characters actually grow and evolve. Otto was a deranged mad scientist who didny care about anyone else. Now that he's see the pain him and his kind have done, he wants to fix it. I think this run works better than Slott's run because Otto actually HAS to be good and not just use Supervillain tactics to stop other supervillains. Example:

>Black Mailing the Mayor to have your own Super Jail
No okay
>Being told you have to go out and help civilians even when you're injured because you inspire hope
Correct choice.

This is the first time Otto has dropped all his Supervillain shit and is actually trying to be a real hero.

Attached: 04.jpg (1987x3056, 1.78M)

>Otto as Spider-Man has always been fun for me

Even when he fapped to Peter's memories of Aunt May?

Not a fan of this artist's faces

Well then he could change his image a bit, but keep a different theme. Superior Science Squid? Wait that doesn't work... Kaptain Krazy Kalamari? Yeah, that fits.

>Oh yes... feed me those cookies... call me Tiger again!

God why is spidey so cool.

>From whence
It's really not that hard to look up simple words.

That's not really Peter. Its a alternate reality Spider-man composed of over a thousand spiders.

It would be perfect if someone takes the mantle of doc oct but this doc stays good

Bring back Superior Octopus! Let it strike fear in the hearts of San Francisco criminals everywhere
Lady Octopus is already filling that role

Attached: The Superior Doctor Octopus.jpg (676x1035, 968K)

Peter doesnt fucking like Ock but he knows better than to kick a man when he is down, specially if he is trying to do the correct thing

>Lady Octopus is already filling that role
I don't think she is. When eas the last time we saw her? When Bendis used her as a joke in Iron Man? I don't think anyone has used her ever since.

>When eas the last time we saw her?
Amazing Spider-Man v5 #25. Keep up.

Peter told Otto that their beef was settled when he risked his life to save Aunt May. He still doesn't like the guy which is why he told Otto off in Spider-Geddon, but he's generally let by-gones be by-gones so long as he sticks to the west coast.