Adventure Time ratings over the years. How did a flagship show fall so far so fucking fast?

Adventure Time ratings over the years. How did a flagship show fall so far so fucking fast?

Attached: 1533079110963.png (1665x355, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18344886
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Went on for too long

CN seemed to stop playing it frequently

Wait, is the "special" the finale? Holy shit that's fucking pathetic

People wised up that the show was always shit

This. Shows which don't steeply decline in quality after six seasons (if not fewer) are incredibly rare, but for some reason people always act shocked when it happens.

It stayed on cable.

Season 5 finale/season 6 happened which killed most of the fanbase, Steven Universe got a rise in popularity in 2015, the show went on hiatus and got no reruns for several months straight the same year because of the TTG spam fiasco, and after it left the hiatus the show kept premiering episodes with little to no advertising.

CN ratings declined across the board. Even the mighty TTG's ratings aren't what they used to be.

Frost and Fire

That's because they spammed the shit out of TTG so much that cable companies like Xfinity dropped them from their basic cable plan.

>How did a flagship show fall so far so fucking fast?

Easy. Overstayed welcome. That's it. People will tell you plots, shipping, structure, etc etc etc all ruined it, but it was actually just the length of time it ran for.

You can get in a good solid 4 seasons before you overstay your welcome and begin to grow stale. Keep It Simple, Stupid. Keep it short and jampacked. But media corporations think only in terms of greed, and thus, the Popular Show must go on, and on, and on, and on, and on and on and on, and on and on, and on, and on, and FUCKING on until heat death to crank merch and wring it blood-dry for more cash.

You let a show rot to a corpse, the audience will do the same. If Adventure Time ended around Season 5, it'd be a legend. As it is, it's another victim of creative murder through making it go on as long as they possibly could.

Attached: pizel.png (594x685, 278K)

I dunno, I remember there being a lot of advertising about jake having kids on TV and the kids just leaving at the end rubbed me the wrong way something fierce.

That and I remember an episode where fin and jake deal with some pigs and magic beanstalks and wands or some shit and it felt that they wrote the episode watching madlibs. So I just kinda ducked out and I guess so did most of the viewer base.

Attached: 1432688233551.png (142x138, 2K)

So has Spongebob and the Simpsons, but they're still big money makers that pull in numbers.

Probably abandoning the style of humor that made it popular

what;s with the huge gaps in s4?

>streaming killing cable
>adventure time became worse
>cartoon network moved focus to teen titans go

when stopped to be a adventure show for kids

This chart also needs a timeline showing when each episode was aired.

Tyler the Creator stopped watching it.

These are "prime time" shows that have very variating fanbase. Adventure Time isn't. If you are aiming for The Simpsons with your show then good luck, you're going to lose.

SDCC 2015 was but one of the signs of a shift in dedication to the show, from both the production(imo) and the audience.

My personal decline in interest was Frost and Fire, and The Red Throne as an extension. Not that I didn't keep up with the show, still. It's just kind of sad how the main characters started to meander a bit. Or maybe they were always stagnant/wishy-washy and my adoration waned and began to yearn for newer, shinier shows.

Attached: yd head turn.webm (1920x1080, 2.84M)

AT was popular enough to get a Macy's parade balloon. I'm not saying it would've rose to Simpsons levels, but it could've rose to Spongebob levels. As much as people here would be against that, a network's main priority is money and it's strange they squandered a money making opportunity.

Pendleton Ward abandoning the show and letting the inmates run the asylum while he pursued his flop of a passion project.

Attached: 1366532118.jpg (680x491, 42K)

Attached: 6BCB3898-0B52-4181-A1BA-B492C08C79CD.jpg (1998x1510, 369K)

Letting that faggot Adam muto take over was the worst thing to happen to this show

The sad part is that's still not bad compared to CN nowadays. SU was hit hard by hiatuses, but every single show (including TTG) has like sub 900k viewers per episode unless it's a reallllly special episode and then it just barely scrapes a mil.

As soon as real competition arrived (Gravity Falls, SvTFOE, Peepee Poopooverse, TLH, etc) people stopped watching.

AT has more of a timeline and plot than either of those shows. Simpson's and Spongebob I can watch whenever however. Anyone interested in AT would have that interest slowly burn away the longer it goes on.

too much romantic bullshit for children to understand and the arrival of competitors

Attached: 1562254537425.gif (500x475, 997K)

Children's cable television is pretty much died over it's run. As far as the big declines towards the end I always thought it was because it aimed more at neckbeards than kids.

Attached: cableratings_2018.jpg (1000x619, 77K)

This got me thinking.

strawpoll.me/18344886

Attached: theory.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Proof calarts artstyle is shit