Marvel’s Spider-Man Tops Batman: Arkham City as Best-Selling Superhero Game

dualshockers.com/marvels-spider-man-batman-arkham-city-best-selling-superhero-game/

>To coincide with the start of San Diego Comic-Con today, The NPD Group’s Mat Piscatella revealed a new list of the top-selling superhero games of all-time, and the entries near the top of the list are probably what you would expect.

>Sitting atop all other games is that of Insomniac Games’ Marvel’s Spider-Man. Even though it has been out for less than a year, Marvel’s Spider-Man is already the best-selling superhero game ever made. This shouldn’t come as much of a surprise considering we already knew it was the fastest-selling superhero game ever, but it’s now officially the best-selling in the United States as well.

>Following closely behind Marvel’s Spider-Man in second place is that of Batman: Arkham City, which is pretty appropriate. In my own estimation, Arkham City and Marvel’s Spider-Man are the two best superhero games ever made, so it’s fitting that they’d end up next to one another on this list.

How does a game that's PS4 exclusive outsell a game that's basically on every system ever made?

Also, is this the death of the Batman IP being evergreen?

Attached: Spiderman-Batman-ds1-1340x1340.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

It doesn’t help that Hulk is outselling the main Batman book.

Shouldn't have fucked up your PC ports, WB, otherwise I would have been inclined to buy anything past Asyulm. Now you get to feel shame as a system exclusive beats out a multiplat of one of the biggest properties on the planet.

Asylum is the only good one anyway.

>that spoiler

I agree, actually, felt like I dodged a bullet.

Because time marches on so the install base grew. Also super heroes are now even more insanely mainstream.

It's kinda funny how Asylum is seen as the best one, yet it's aged the most horribly

Not surprising in the slightest.

Superhero's are way more of a 'thing' nowadays than they were a decade or so ago.

city was a fun little game. It was fun with figuring out the riddler stuff and finding the scarecrow easter egg.

>The Chad Marvel vs the Virgin DC

While that is a cool thing that's happening in the comics side of things. That has no effect on the video games sells now if it was a hulk game outselling a Batman game that would be different. Your post would have a point.

Wrong board GAYmer

neat

Attached: now this I can fap too.png (167x160, 18K)

What the heck is Rocksteady even doing?

It has been FOUR years since a new Batman game.

Why?

Now if only Spidey could get a GOOD game.

Supposedly Superman game.

I think its a debate between Asylum and City. Asylum is linear but that also helps the game have a concise and focused pacing, tons of great moments. But unfortunately bad bossfights is probably its only negative, its gameplay has aged pretty badly as the Arkham combat is dead.

City has a great story too, but its a lot less focused being fairly open, but theres clearly more to do, a couple interesting boss fights (especially freeze).

If I had to rank them id say City>Asylum>Knight>Origins

Origins and Knight are basically both good and bad for different reasons but rank the same. Knight is clearly more polished, has great side missions and a cool story and the most developed combat and predator stuff, but the batmobile ended up being such a bad inclusion it really messed up an otherwise amazing game.

Origins is better than people give it credit, it has great boss fights and characters, some great indoor bits. Overall still a good game, Ive heard its DLC is awesome.

It's only been "evergreen" since 1989. prior to that Batman wasn't nearly as beloved by the general populace.

rumor has it that they're working on a "games as a service" game. i.e. don't get your hopes up. Go ahead and bury them in the harbor with cement shoes.

I agree wholeheartedly with the Batmobile. If they'd removed anything to do with it from the game I'd be inclined to say Knight>City>Asylum>>>Origins.

>But unfortunately bad bossfights
Does it fucking ever. Holy shit, I legitimately could not finish that game a 3rd time because of how shit the bosses were despite enjoying the rest of the game wholeheartedly. Fuck those boss fights.

>[ ] Comics - that brief, brief "era" is over
Idk man, it's debatable now, but DC during the 90's, 00's, and arguably the 80's too were definitely better than Marvel.

Sorry, I deleted it.
Your subjective tastes aside, DC enjoyed a very very brief moment as the #1 comics company.

>Idk man, it's debatable now
No, it factually isn't.
I understand that Didio and King and Bendis could literally come to your house and take shits in your mouth, and you'd still pull their comics; but DC comics have been full-on dreadful lately, and Grant Morrison alone isn't enough to change that.

Maybe I think DC and Marvel are both shit right now. Did you think about that, user?

I don't think you read much Marvel, and I think you'll keep collecting DC hoping to outlast this current shitty era. That's what I think.

dafuq are you talking about? Immortal Hulk is the only readable Marvel book right now and that book has hit and miss issues.