The Lion Guard

Looks like they're aging Kion up a bit and giving him a scar, based on this image from season three.

Attached: D_xC-EUXYAALUSU.jpg (1024x576, 71K)

oh shit anakin up in this bich

the babe didn't grow very much, nice

BROTHER! HELP ME!

Attached: D6AB0D54-7A96-47D1-952B-D9A95128F50E.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

One of the writers for the show tweeted this. It confirms that they're going to be older.

Attached: 1.png (624x400, 84K)

Doesn't kion eventually dies?

>berserker
>scout/aerial attacks
>brawn/tunneling
>leader
>speedster/spy
>tank/extra brawn
what the fuck does the little bird do?

healer

The little bird is also a scout.

I like the Lion Guard is aging through the series, but I have mixed feeling about new Kion. First, he looked like his dad as a cub, now he looks like his dad enormously when he was a young lion (during the "aging phase" of "Hakuna Matata", the middle part; the same one faced Timon in a Snail Slurpin's Contest). Calls my attention, however, how Kion has a scar through his eye, quite similar to the one of Scar. I hope this won't foreshadowing nothing bad.

Anyway, as far as I see, this series will surely end up simultaneously to the end of "Simba's pride"; surely to explain us where Kion and the others were during the events of "The Lion King 2". I bet Kion will be very confused arriving just at the end, and seeing Kiara and Kovu married.

- Bunga: OK, what the Zuka Zama have we lost here?

They did say that season three will tie up the loose ends perfectly so that it fits in with Lion King 2. We know a different Pride is involved in the plot, one not ruled by Simba, so Kion may end up leading that one.

When did they say that?

Also, the Night Pride is lead by a lioness who will surely become Kion's love interest. Quite appropiated, since he's turning into a teenager.

Finally, Kion is still the leader of the Lion Guard, who have to protect the Price Lands. Possibly, this new pride will become part of Simba's, just like the Outsiders after Zira's death.

Attached: 1533568132238.png (644x579, 100K)

The Lion Guard: Episode 3 - Revenge of the Hyenas

Did they make Fuli more feminine? I swear her eyelashes seem more pronounced there. Those lips, too.

Thanks, pal.

I don't know, Fuli seems the less aged of all, along with Ono.

She was likely already the oldest member of the team, since she's a carnivore who lives and hunted alone.

Damn, Kion became a hunk.

Good point. But I would say she was a preteen, while most of the other were still kids. Now it seems all of them are teenagers.

Well, I expect Season 3 will give us Kion becoming a full grown up lion at the end. Even if he's younger than Kiara, the difference doesn't seem to be too big.

Whats up with the designs of the characters, some of the animals don't look like they belong in the lion king universe,it looks like gumball where many different artstyles are combined into a show

The only one that looks off usually is Bunga, and that's only to start with.

>Aging up
>Edgy scar
>Love interest
It all does sound cool but it's so weird to me they're all savannah animals

Attached: 1481146752671.gif (500x376, 1.84M)

so wait untill they have their edgy teen phase

I would actually look up to that, it'll be fun cringe to watch

Should I watch this? The only thing I know about this show is the process behind the animation.

Lion King 1 & 2 were also fairly grim. Not with the scar or anything, but just in both situations and all the events surrounding them.

>giving him a scar
DISASTER
(DISASTER)
DISGRA-ACE

It's pretty fun. The movie (the one that leads into the show) and season 1 aren't all that great, but they establish things and they have some nice songs. The end of season 1 and season 2 are where the major plot stuff starts coming in.

EVIL AS PLAIN AS THE SCAR ON HIS FACE!
Seriously LK2 was so much better.

Anyone gota Mega I can use to download the episodes?

Google this: watchtlg netlify

I'd post a link, but netlify got added to the spam filters for some reason a year or two ago. But it's a site somebody set up that taps into Disney's on demand and every single episode is on there.

Thanks bro.

>Kion Shippuden
>my sides

There's two episodes airing on August 3rd, which may conclude the stupid Scar plotline. Since each episode is 22 minutes, that's basically a 44 minute special.

This show any good?

It's a preschool cartoon that's had three assassination attempts in it. The show is never sure what it wants to be so it tries to be a bit of everything, but I like it none-the-less.

Despite the preschool labeling, it's never been blatantly preschool. The songs are the most childish thing about it but I actually like some of them.

Each episode has one song, sort of like what Phineas & Ferb did.

>scar
turning to the dark side confirmed

I’ll be honest, I’m surprised they’re actually going to acknowledge the time line in regards to TLK2.

That does pique my interest.

They've already had Kovu and Zira's lions in the show so it isn't too surprising

Eh, doubt it.

>not fucking the yeen
well i'm sad now. still gonna watch, just disappointed.

Be patient.

Honestly I only care about this cartoon because of that one good hyena. Hyenas are just my favorite animals and it's nice that after all these years we finally got a non-evil hyena in the lion king. I only watched the first episode with her (which I think also happened to be the first episode of the show) and then didn't bother with the series. I wonder how she is going to look like after the timeskip.
Anyway, anything happen to her during these 2 seasons? Did she show up often? Is anything implied between her and Kion?

Attached: Jasiri.png (487x564, 278K)

She appeared several times and played a major role in a couple episodes. You pretty much dropped off at the worst time to suddenly come back.

Janja sang a song about her, and in his song, Kion and Jasiri were in love. That wasn't real, since it was Janja's song, but it's clear he has feelings for Jasiri and resents Kion because he thinks Jasiri likes him.

Attached: 1507053330445.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Night Pride? I'm sorry, I missed a LOT, since I only really tuned in for Zira's appearance. What ep is the Night Pride featured in?

>Lion
>Kion
Wow.

So what happened to Volcano!Scar in the end1

This, always have an extra just in case

Also curious.

yes

wait, this garbage is still on? I dropped that shit when they introduced shitty anime superpowers and turned Scar into a Sith lord

Nothing yet. That will be dealt with in the two episodes on August 3rd.

Another one.

Attached: 67693087_2274345166210956_2815161224973516800_n.jpg (640x488, 42K)

I just don't know why the eagle girl is there in both screenshots. She joining the team? She only showed up in one season two episode, and was some sly bird who was crushing on a celebrity eagle.

Attached: 1555921199700.png (1000x563, 854K)

Still around. He was a major focus of season 2 (complete with villain song), and unified the antagonistic forces of the show with intent to burn the Pride Lands to the ground.

Makini the mandrill isn't a berserker. She's a shaman/druid type if anything.
And the little bird Ono is a scout with a good deal of knowledge on the animals of the area. More analytical than Beshtie the hippo's personal relationships with all of the animals.

So the animals in this show actually work as a team and utilize each others skills? Do they discuss their roles in the group and coordinate strategies also?

they have a hulk

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

>In this day and age, Disney could never make a Lion King series that isn’t overly stylized and silly(101 Dalmatian street)
>a fucking preschool show has more soul and feel to the source material.

What kind of Hell world are we living in??

>when they introduced shitty anime superpowers
is that besides what was in season 1?

The worst timeline

Attached: letsfuck.png (997x556, 478K)

when exactly did hyenas get a bad rep? in the nat geo show 'savage kingdom', hyenas are almost referred to in negative terms even if lions do the same thing as them but are described as honorable/royalty being royalty.

Basically. The Lion Guard are the superhero response team of the Pride Lands, and they each have roles they particularly excel at.

God, Kion looks so much like his dad at that age.

which one is the gay one?

Disney is trying to make a fucking badger act like a monkey. That's my only problem with Bunga. Ratels are supposed to be chubby and surly, not flipping around, acting like a goddamn chimp.

None yet. They'll be in 7-9 episodes of season three.

why wasn't he in lion king 2 ?

since he has a scar I think he's going to become evil and be exiled

Kion's had moments of self-doubt where he believes he'll fall and be like Scar. I'm pretty sure the scar is only meant to further that, but he'll be okay in the end. It's just a narrative.

Because he's a male lion. He grew up and went on to find his harem of hunters.

>Mohawk

Attached: 1455537869433.png (765x437, 32K)

Need more girls or the feminists will get bitchy

It's very similar to what Simba had in his teenage phase at the end of Hakuna Matata.

has too to make the 2nd movie canon

Or he could leave. Or, hell, considering this season is all about them leaving the pride lands on a journey to find the tree of life, they could just conveniently miss the events of Lion King 2 and could come back to the pride lands as adults to find Kovu there already.

Either due to wanderlust or as others have said, went to make his own pride.