Darkseid literally chains his soul to the multiverse itself

>Darkseid literally chains his soul to the multiverse itself
The Endless: This is fine.

Attached: 5676200-2689965652-boss-.jpg (473x388, 86K)

Darkseid's whole deal in Final Crisis is pretty fucking weird. The body he's using for Boss Darkside dying is fine, but Dan Turpin dying triggers the apocalypse? Before Final Crisis, he didn't feel like an all consuming archetypal evil god too. He's more like an evil space tyrant. Hell, Morrison even used him that way in Rock of Ages.

The Boss Darkside body was dying and falling apart because the host was already corrupt, and gave in to Darkseid willingly. In order for Darkseid to fully incarnate, an indomitably pure soul had to be corrupted. Darkseid's incarnation inside the multiverse is what triggered the apocalypse because of the catastrophic power of the omega energy which is ripping reality apart at the seams as a byproduct of it existing within normal spacetime.

Comics resorting to
>THE ENTIRE MULTIVERSE IS GOING TO DIE
is pathetic, they don't even make full use of the potential of a single galaxy, nevermind a single universe.

Dragonball has even reached the same shitty pitfalls of comics, since they introduced a 'multiverse' with a bunch of shitty throwaway universes in a shallow attempt to raise the stakes further than the previous shows had done.

They don’t really get involved. Ever.

I mean, you don't typically get involved in your ant hill, but if your cat's gonna knock the fuckin thing over, you're still gonna do SOMETHING.

Why interfere when Destiny and Death already know it’s going to work out the way they want anyway? They know the ending of the book, this isn’t it

I'm not saying they should've intervened in Final Crisis, I'm saying that there should've been some pushback from outside to prevent Darkseid from literally chaining his soul to the multiverse.

The new gods do not work as platonic forms

Nah OP, we need to focus on the IMPORTANT questions: Why is Darkseid's soul all the colors of the rainbow and pure light, and not a red blotch of festering Omega energy?

Evidently either the Anti-Life Equation wasn't actually driving stars insane like Dream's fuckup did in Overture, or Anti-Life is a lot less big a deal as a calamity than we thought I guess.

>Dragonball has even reached the same shitty pitfalls of comics

that's gonna happen when create an entire series because people on the internet proved your OC DO NOT STEAL is less powerful than superman.

I know this might be astonishing, but if Goku vs Superman was such a big deal off the internet then DBS' final episodes wouldn't have filled literal stadiums with fans.

I thought the claim was that Super was created because Toriyama was butthurt about Dragonball Evolution being bad and if they were going to milk his work in the form of new movies/series he wanted a hand in it.

In mexico...

Yes, in Mexico. Across large populations of an entire country. Tell me, when's the last time a Superman cartoon's fille stadiums in the US?

Why cartoon? Supermans main media is films comparatively. He clearly wins there.

Oh boy, I’m no Goku fan but do you REALLY want to set the DCEU as your benchmark for greatness here? And don’t even pretend anyone remembers any of the movies that came before it nearly as fondly as they do Super or even Battle of the Gods, if we’re strictly looking at current popularity Superman has been out of the zeitgeist for a long, long time.

Why did you switch to talking about quality? You were originally talking about quantity.

Super is no better than GT.

I was never talking about either, just enthusiasm.

Entire damn multiverse falls apart is about to completely die like every week.

Right now the Dark multiverse almost destroyed everything,
then a couple weeks later the source wall almost collapsed
Then a few days later Perpetua was released
at the same time the 5th dimension fell apart and died
Then Batman blew up every universe except one

shits always in trouble

conveniently leaving out the first two donner films. those filled theaters across the god damn planet.