Can you enjoy a flawed show?

It’s far from perfect. The infamous four episodes, Bloo’s character 180, Cheese, they deserve all of the shit they get. but at the same time, there are 70-odd other episodes that range from okay to excellent, the 3 movies included.

it really sucks to see that this shows good qualities are constantly being pushed to the side or straight up ignored because muh mean-spirited. Fosters legacy deserves better than that.

anyone else feel this way toward other Yea Forums stuff?

Attached: 3A172A88-9047-4B10-9B42-FF59C0154975.png (320x225, 154K)

agreed, fosters gets shat on too much

Steven Universe? It's not AS flawed as people like to complain about but it definitely does have many a flaw. The good just far outweighs the negative for me. I ain't getting mad at varying character heights, I'm too invested in how these characters are interacting and growing.

which 4

What are the infamous four episodes? I only know of Benny

Bendy
Mac's birthday party
Foster's Goes to Europe
Canadian imaginary friend (I get why people hate it, but this is one of my personal favorite Foster's episodes)

Literally every show is flawed in some way.
If the good outweighs the bad then you should be able to enjoy it anyway.

SU is exactly as flawed as people say. To watch it after the cluster resolution is basically a turn your brain off situation where you just enjoy the music and colorful characters who keep changing height.

>The infamous four episodes
explain?

Only one of those i actually disliked was Bendy desu.

If it as flawed as people said they'd be fucking OK KO levels of chicken scratch. There's very few objective reviews out there which go beyond "muh favrit charcter not on screen, unga bunga dey hacks".

see Just to stop a common misconception: it wasn’t Mac’s actual birthday in that ep, it was a literal surprise party. If it were the actual birthday than Bloo would’ve been seen as too much of a cunt.

speaking of Bendy, I give his episode a bit of a pass since iirc executives wanted an 11 min episode so Lauren Faust was forced to cut it short, which explains the pacing issue a lot. It was basically unfinished. She apologized about it many moons ago on the old toonzone forum.

I don't even hate the bendy episode that much
i always thought of it as bloo meeting someone that was as bad to him as he was to everyone else

I've come to appreciate this show a lot more because its pretty lowkey compared to other cartoons. The 22 minute format, art style, and setting is calming in a good way and takes me back to the 00s.

>home for imaginary friends
>not a single jesus

Attached: barnacles.jpg (800x682, 85K)

I think Beney wouldn’t have been nearly as infamous if Wilt and Ed weren’t in it. People were pissed that Frankie and Harriman were being OOC and blamed them for picking on Bendy.

Attached: D1F47EBD-20D1-4DD7-852C-CFC55BA7228B.gif (380x285, 1.64M)

The ending to Foster's Goes to Europe was mildly annoying to me but then I realized it was Foster's and they pull that kind of stuff all the time and I didn't care.

Foster's in one of my favorite shows of all time, but I understand the problems people have with it.

The Goofball episode's enjoyable if you think of it as revenge for Frankie siding with Bendy.

>Frankie shits on everyone else for hating Bendy
>Later everybody shits on her for hating Goofball

To be fair he did apologize and thank her in the end.

Attached: A4251F90-F576-497B-83EE-460785554CA8.gif (480x267, 1.94M)

Of course you can. I think the only issue is when people lack any humility or are delusional enough to deny that a show is flawed with mental gymnastics or headcanons or just 2deep4u essays that show they've gotten so invested in something that they literally see stuff that isn't there or intentional. I appreciate attitude like even if I disagree. I never consider anything I like to be a masterpiece that people 'don't get' because if it were really perfect people wouldn't be complaining.

Damn I barely remember Bendy and Fosters goes to Europe.

What were the rest about?

Only one I mildly dislike is bendy. But even then I sort of understand why it came out that way since the network basically hobbled it's running time.

Finally, someone else who thinks that Frankie was grossly OOC that episode. That pissed me off more than Bendy getting away with literally everything.

I personally hate how most of the characters can be assholes most of the time, remember the episode "Beat it with a Schick", Mr Herriman literally encouraged violence to solve a problem in the house, I mean it's like there's no laws against Imaginary Friend Abuse in this world, I even imagine that topic for an episode of a reboot of "Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law" where Frankie punches Bloo in anger so Bloo decides to sue Fosters

and other episodes include
>the Powerpuff Girls getting sued for constantly damaging the city when they're saving the day
>Lazlo needing the help of Harvey to prove Scout Master Lumpus is innocent at the Final Episode of Camp Lazlo
>and a two parter where Mr. Boss sues the Kids Next Door for arsoning his house during a mission, where in the end of Part 1 Sector Z is sent to Juvy and Harvey is arrested by Global Kids Next Door for getting a Sector sent to Juvy, where in Part 2 Harvey has to try deal with a crooked case favored in the Kids Next Door in their moon base

Literally this. Bendy was a cunt, but god damn Herriman and Frankie were beyond OOC. Even as a kid, I found it unbelievable that they think Wilt of all people was lying.

I like the ep ever pen lincoln enslave and sell off all the imaginary friends

He deserved that room

Attached: nb1crnWq6o1rjnxauo6_500.gif (480x270, 1.45M)

>frankiefags and tropers rn

Attached: A3A593F0-20C3-4C0C-8881-29EFE3D00149.gif (311x366, 133K)

The feats are likely made up but there is ample evidence of a 33 year old jewish carpenter protesting against the Roman Empire and being executed. He just wasn't magical.

When I watch a shitty episode of a show, I usually just disregard it and make a point not to watch it again. It's more troublesome in a series with a continuing plot, I'm less tolerant of bullshit there.

>Can you enjoy a flawed show?
Of course. I don't see why you can't. I feel the same way about Samurai Jack season 5 and Voltron: Legendary. Both shows had episodes that were far from perfect, but I still enjoy them regardless.

say what you will about the writing or characters but there are some god tier reaction images in fhfif. this ones from the /ss/ thread

Attached: 7D2F91A8-73BC-4BDB-BE9A-31FF48E1CDF9.jpg (310x230, 49K)

>People still freak out over Bendy's episode, as if he was devil incarnate
>Episode with Foster's gang camping out in the woods gets a pass despite Bloo's sudden sociopathy ranking infinitely higher

Compared to Bloo's characterization in later seasons, Bendy looks like a harmless trickster by contrast alone.

Attached: tumblr_p400pmDs1d1vy4li2o1_1280.png (1280x1773, 1006K)

What are you talking about? If people hate on this show then there’s no pleasing them.