Comics "banned" on the set of X-Men according to Hugh Jackman

>“By the way, comic books were banned on the set. Because Bryan Singer had this thing that people would think – he really wanted to take comic book characters seriously as real, three-dimensional characters. And he’d go, ‘People who don’t understand these comics might think they’re two-dimensional.’ So no one was allowed. It was like contraband. I’d never read X-Men, so people were [slipping] them under my door, I’m having a look, I’m reading these things. I’m looking and going, ‘These are brilliant, look at the physicality!’”. I would go into [eventual Marvel Studios president] Kevin Feige‘s office, and it was wall-to-wall – not only comics all over the wall, like posters, but about 600 figurines of different characters. And I’d be like, ‘What should I read?’ And he’d say, ‘You’ve gotta read this one. And you’ve gotta read the Japan. And you’ve gotta read the origins.’ So he was slipping me stuff, and we’ve stayed friends ever since.”

Attached: Hugh-Jackman-comic-robbery-01.jpg (1000x750, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24qa7pl0WqE&t=1073s
eu.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/11/14/hugh-jackman-wolverines/1998585002/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based Feige and based Jacked Man

Dafne has the type of face that can go either way. She'll either grow up to be a beauty, or a goblin.

yeah it seems like you really can't tell. some kids make a logical progression through aging. but others turn on a dime somewhere during puberty.

she already peaked, tho

Stop body shaming children, straighten your own life up and get a girlfriend.

She literally looks like a boy. And the kind of boy that will get into fights and all sorts of trouble as well.

>face
>body
What?

None of it matters anyway. Once she's old enough, she'll try to supplant her mother and become her father's new wife.

Piss off back to Yea Forums

I cant stand directors or anyone for that fact who self inserts characters to make the seem more real. Stop adding so much shit.

I'm quite certain Anna Paquin, Halle Berry and Jason Marsden followed that rule with little worry.

beautiful

>Stop body shaming children

Attached: 1320529223886.jpg (363x310, 28K)

Yea Forums is that way, pedo.

>Jon Favreau
>James Gunn
>Scott Derrickson

Are they the only modern capeshit directors who actively like and read comics?

Joss Whedon, but enjoying comics didn't translate to making good movies there.

So we all agree X2 was a fluke right?

Yes, it's the reason why most live action reboots are horrible. They relied that it will sell if a famous director will handled it and their knowledge of it will be just a sparknotes outline done by an intern.

Source on the interview?

The Black Panther director read the Priest run and banned Hudlin from the set.

since when is calling a kid ugly, considered pedophilia? Why are people stupid?

He did good for avengers and Avengers 2.

>banned Hudlin from the set.

lol why

Hudlin kept on mailing his runs to them. I assume it was because he thought his runs were influential. Their general response to Hudlin's works was "We don't need this." and so they banned the works. IDK about if they banned the man himself. I'm assuming that I remember this right.
TLDR Hudlin kept on trying to shill his work and everyone decided it was shit.

That's quite funny. Wasn't Hudlin involved with the original version of Black Panther back in the '90s with Wesley Snipes?

post the webm.

ITS EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANT
ITS EVERYTHING YOU EVER NEED

Have sex

Kevin Smith made a career out of him reading comics.
Although i'm not sure he still does.

>She literally looks like a boy. And the kind of boy that will get into fights and all sorts of trouble as well.
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

If you have seen the Boondocks episode really seems to think his BP is the best shit ever.

>>Scott Derrickson
What’s he reading?

Good thing we don't have to watch god awful stuff like X2 and get true capekino like Dark Pheonix now.

singer never read any xmen comics. it’s probably why most of the characters are complete shit in his movies

How the hell Gunn reads comics if his version of Guardians sucks so much ass it killed the comics in return?

This is exactly the reason why X-Men never reached the heights of other big franchises of the time. It's most popular movie was Deadpool, the one closest to the idea of the comics and DOFP, which more or less directly adapted a comic with some character changes. Meanwhile you had LOTR and Harry Potter and even Twilight raking in all this dough because they were relatively accurate to the source material and Raimi Spidey firing on all cylinders as well as Nolan Batman getting acclaim. And this is way before Avengers came into the picture and blew everything up.

FoX-Men has good parts about it, I won't deny it, but it relied too heavily on three particular actors to basically carry the franchise. It says something when the most popular X-Movie was Deadpool, the one with no Logan, Xavior or Erik and was closer to the comic books in looks

His version of Guardians is more popular than the comics. The comics emulating it poorly is why it died

pretty much this. i would also like to add that x-men movies never felt like a “team” movie in the same way avengers or guardians of the galaxy did. everyone took a backseat to wolverine. cyclops was shit, storm was shit, now that i think about it most of the xmen sucked in those movies

DOFP wasn't anything like the comics though. And it's much harder to adapt 50 years of weekly stories into a movie then it is to adapt a single book.

>And you’ve gotta read the Japan.
Like all of it?

Raimi's movies were only slightly more accurate to the comics than Singer's, and Nolan's were the least accurate of them all while possibly being the best.

This guy knows what's up.

strange stuff ofc

>banned Hudlin from the set.
Based.

Remember when Hugh thought Wolverines weren't real and thought Logan was based off of wolves?

Weird how he's oddly right if we went with Earth-X Logan...

Attached: wolf-erine.jpg (279x181, 12K)

She can look like a goblin as long as she knows how to act, that's way more important than one could think.

Nolan at least read comics and took influence from them. He didn't have them banned from the set because he thought he was above the material

based

If you had any clue you'd know DnA Guardians (and their entire saga) was done in 2010, way before the movie, so he definitely didn't ruin anything. It was Bendis who tried to make his version of the comics as close to the movies as possible so they would be used as inspiration, but Gunn completely ignored him and stopped collaborating with him.

Batman Begins is close to the comics, TDK has that whole 'one bad day' speech and Two-Face is inspired by the Long Halloween. And for all its crappiness, TDKR picks up from DKR, No Man's Land, Knightfall among other stuff. Both TDK and TDKR reference West's Batman in key moments.
I think Nolan overall is overrated, but he truly did an adaptation and respected the source material.

I'm pissed that Star Lord didn't use the Gauntlet to defeat Thanos and meet his mother one last time.

Then you have something like Fan4stic where not only has Trank never read any comics, he lies about it and pretends like he knows everything about F4.

Would've been nice to see him use the Reality Stone in some capacity for that.

Not really sure why you couldn't Google it but here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=24qa7pl0WqE&t=1073s

>She literally looks like a boy. And the kind of boy that will get into fights and all sorts of trouble as well.
Oh my

Attached: f83.gif (326x254, 2.18M)

Hudlin's run treated Black Panther the same way a neckbeard fanboy treats Batman. He writes T'challa to have underlying facist characteristics and treats them as "badass". Black Panther doesn't have many runs, but I'm confident in saying Hudlin's run will forever be considered the worst.
Also, a reminder that Hudlin's first run was written with the intention of that being the movie pitch. God help us if that had been the film.

Not everyone girl has an Electra like you user

>lol why
To understand, all you need to know is Hudlin used to be the head of BET.

Attached: why hudlin sucks and priest is awesome.jpg (1110x758, 789K)

He said he wasn't a comic book guy and that's why he brought in David S Goyer to write, but I'm sure he read classic stories like TDKR or Long Halloween, but that's about it

He reads comics but he's also a good writer and film maker who doesn't rely heavily on them, which is something you would never be able to do because you're talentless

Here's a big one that is the most wasted opportunity in the MCU. All that bitching about what happened to Cap at the end of the movie? It can be fixed easily and turn into kino.
Cap fights Thanos just as he does with the hammer and the shield but Thanos smugly says to Cap something along the lines of 'I respect you soldier, here's the reward that you deserve.' and he vaporizes Cap using the Gauntlet. Cap's 'death' riles everyone up and Tony's sacrifice (or anyone else's) has more weight instead of feeling kinda tacked on like it does in the final movie.
Turns out he didn't vaporize Cap, he used the Gauntlet to send him back in time in the same timeline (fixing that plothole) and making old Cap showing up in the end all the more meaningful. It's implied Bucky knew it all along and probably met him between TWS and CW, though Steve kept the way it happened a secret to everyone.

Feige and Huge N' Jackedman being friends is something I see coming into play in the MCU at some point, with him being recast (just not as wolverine)

I dont even really like the xmen but this warmed my dork heart

Beyonder? Would be meta.

Anyone got sauce for this?

If this is true, seems to me like Shuri was mandated from above since she's a completely different character.

At least they got an actual novelist in it and not some random writer with two credits. Nnedi Okorafor was mentored by GRRM so there's some clout.

Inb4 they go full Old man Logan

Yes, but I mean Shuri was created by Hudlin and she's completely different in the MCU, more so than most other characters. So I think Marvel wanted that character in the movie, but they were allowed to drastically change her. And yes obviously, I had to tell my brother Hudlin's run was not supposed to be a parody.

Peyton Reed and Edgar Wright

Every time I read or see something of Jackman, I keep liking him more and more. Is there a limit to this man's charisma?

Attached: source.gif (472x266, 2.43M)

Or more likely they didn't want to embarrased Hugh even more when he thought wolverines weren't real

Oh I definitely want to with her

I hate the fact that this is true
eu.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/11/14/hugh-jackman-wolverines/1998585002/

>in the same timeline (fixing that plothole)

That's exactly the thing that would CREATE plotholes you dumb motherfucker. All the fucking time travel in the movie using alternate timelines like Trunks in DBZ is what allows Cap to live in the past AND still be a moral person - he's allowed to interfere and prevent bad things he knows are going to happen without it retconning anything in the real MCU.

there's a rumour that he's the top choice or considered for Nightmare in Doctor Strange 2.

>audtions for the role of a movie based on a comic book
>doesn't even read the fucking comics
>not one single one

Yep, great actor.

yeah

Attached: 1509403423636.jpg (800x530, 79K)

I still don't get spirit cooking

People blame Ratner for ruining X-Men, but those first two movies were so boring they killed my interest in the franchise as a whole.

Not to mention X-Men 2 made the X-Men into the villains of the story and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Humans and Mutants can't coexist, thus undermining it's entire premise.

Singer sucks. He eats. He blows. And this is just further proof that he was a bad choice for the material, because he's "too good" for comic books. Well Singer, you're not too good for this. You are a mid-level Hollywood hack, and your movies are as interesting as porridge.

I'm glad his career seems to be dead. Keep him away from your boys.

Attached: skeleton.gif (761x720, 247K)

Are Raimi's movies really that different from early Spider-man?

The fact that we're still having arguments to this day of organic vs. web-shooters should answer your question.

You know like how Dr. Sivana is a good villain in Shazam but like completely nothing like how he is in the comics? That's how I felt about pretty much all Spidey villains except Norman Goblin

>And he’d go, ‘People who don’t understand these comics might think they’re two-dimensional.’ So no one was allowed.
Huh? Wouldn't he WANT people to read the comics then, so they could actually understand what they're like instead of the popular perception of them?

I remember some interview with Tobey Maguire when the first Spider-Man came out and he said in preparation he read every issue of Spider-Man or something like that, which inspired kid me to try and do the same thing. If I were a director I could only hope to get actors that dedicated to capturing their character.

cucking another Steve is a worse plothole

>Tobey Maguire and Willem Dafoe binge-watching 60's Spider-Man to better understand their characters

>That's how I felt about pretty much all Spidey villains except Norman Goblin
Fucking thank you. Finally someone who understands.

>Huh? Wouldn't he WANT people to read the comics then, so they could actually understand what they're like instead of the popular perception of them?
You're forgetting this is the 2000s when comic books were considered too dumb, the Matrix was hot and Batman and Robin flopped hard a couple years ago

>Tobey looks like a school shooter
Yep. He nailed Peter Parker.

It may sound controversial but Vulture and Mysterio were done exactly like how I'd want them to be in a live-action. Good antagonists and taking the right cues from the comics

>banned Hudlin from the set
Holy fuck. Redpilled.

Anyway I legit like that director, the creed movies are both great.

I’ve always hated when Logan is associated with wolves. Mustelids are so much more befitting of his characterization, and they’re severely underrepresented in media.

Wolves are boring pussies.

Remember when Spain named Wolverine as Lobezno which means "wolf puppy"?

Attached: lobezno.jpg (182x276, 11K)

>the kid
>that bored ‘my parents took me to church today even though we never go’ expression
Deeply relatable for some reason.

No, no, that's true. Vulture may be better than the comic version thanks to Keaton and while I dislike Mysterio's origin, he is pretty much a menace like he's supposed to be.
Problem is, Raimi made Ock and Sandman too tragic and Venom too scummy. Dunno what to think about the New Goblin, but MJ was in the wrong.

>205 Live

Forgot he's a wrestling fan.

Thats sounds like an awesome blooper reel.