Wonder Woman delayed?

leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/2327776/wonder-woman-75

The 74th issue didn’t even get a storytime so I assume Wonder Woman flew under the radar for most people here, but I am curious if anyone knows what’s the deal with the latest issue. It was supposed to have come out weeks ago, and I literally only found it online today. Also, the final preview cover got changed compared to the one I initially found (pic related) to give Diana a little battle cry and swap Grail with an actually black woman.

Does anyone knows why that’s happened? I didn’t even hear any news about it being officially delayed, but then I might as well live under a rock.

Attached: A992BF13-3C06-45B6-AEDF-AF85D418D2F5.jpg (789x1200, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-2018/Issue-13?id=157976#5
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantiades
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DC editorial is fucked up. DC comics in general is fucked.

The higher ups don’t know what to do to fix their comics and increase sales. And they don’t know where to take the future of the universe. Not helped by trying to backtrack on stuff like Heroes in Crisis and King Batman.

Overall, DC is just in a weird fucked up place.

Most people on Yea Forums don’t care about the comic or care enough to storytime it. As for why DC would change stuff? Don’t know. Maybe it has to with Year of the Villains or maybe DC is having trouble with editorial and writers? Sorry I can’t help you.

>written by G Willow Wilson
You couldn't get me to drop a book faster if it was literally on fire in my hands.

Fair enough, knew as much and was just wondering if there was a more specific or interesting answer.

Yeah figured that as well. Still find it funny they’re trying to have a “Year of the Villain” while excluding the Darkseid family as much as possible while still having them around enough to pull ‘seid fans.

DC expected Wilson to make Wonder Woman blow up in popularity again and get memed like Kampala Kahn. It didn’t work. And now her, Bendis, and most of the new hires aren’t attracting as much readers and money as they want to. In fact they are doing really really badly. It doesn’t help that they have chased away and pissed off readers with controversial events/actions (the Wedding being a lie, Heroes in Crisis, etc).

It has gotten so bad that DC is just throwing like tons of Batman/Joker/Harley books out the wazoo to try and get readers back. They even got John Carpenter (he’s with Anthony Burch so don't get excited) to do a Joker comic and Warren Ellis to do Batman.

Anything especially infamous I should know about?

>It has gotten so bad that DC is just throwing like tons of Batman/Joker/Harley books out the wazoo
Whats worse its mostly origin re-tellings

>It's gotten so bad DC is putting out Harley and Joker books
>Because they've never done that before!

It is going to get to the point where DC literally has no books at all except Batman, Harley, and Joker.

It’s sad they don’t try to do more with Sideways and Kenan.

So it's just going back to late 80s, early 00s. No real change.

Figures it would get delayed. The synopsis I read for it is Cheetah FINALLY returns with some super god-slaying weapon, and Diana in her sights. DC seems to hate Cheetah and her fans.

I seem to be the only one reading the Wondy comics in these threads because I have a hopeless thing for god stories, so-the synopsis is talking about a sword that used to belong to Ares and was with him back when he was imprisoned. Yes, it appears they’re doing a DCEU synergy of all things. Even though the whole POINT of that movie was that Diana was the actual god killer, the thing disintegrated on mere contact with Ares, and by it’s shape it’s heavily implied it was one of the many swords he just shapes out of surrounding material.

The only thing that matter to DC is Batman

Literally never to this extent. N52 was better than this

Flash is also reset as a Year One
Right? I miss those guys

Weird how quickly things turn around. I'm pulling so much Mahvel right now, and with DC I'm only doing GL, Aquaman and Terrifics, they've really hit a hard slump. I'm way more of a DC guy, but even on Marvel's lowest point I think I always pulled like 5 Marvel books or so.

I know right? I'm technically pulling more DC than Marvel but only because I'm such a desperate whore for Vertigo, that I'm willing to stick it out with Lucifer and The Dreaming even it took 7 effin' issues for both to become redeemable. And even I think the new Books of Magic is, sadly, a lost cause. As for DC proper I've got Wondy because >god stuff, Justice League /because/ of how dumb it is, Odyssey for similar reasons, Doom Patrol because Doom Patrol and Morrison's Green Lantern because it's the only actually good comic listed here.

Meanwhile on Marvel Silver Surfer: Black has a great fucking hook in 2 issues, I'm holding out on mah boi Thor's solo to grieve over Aaron's butchering of him, the new Loki comic seems...okay, as overrated as Ewing's Immortal Hulk is here sometimes it's an enjoyably offbeat read, Doctor Strange is recovering splendidly from Aaron's character assassination (nice save there with >Aaron!Strange was a transfigured teenage girl there!) and I'm waiting on Starlin's final Thanos story to see how far that man's audacity can go.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is-DC only has a majority of my interest because it has more niche and off the beaten track stuff I'm interested in, and when it comes to "main storyline" stories Marvel does way more for me.

It really, really doesn't help that Bendis apparently thinks having the Kryptonian science council ramble about bar mitzvahs is hilarious.

Attached: I will never get tired of posting this.jpg (2048x1575, 872K)

>change isn't change if it's regressive
What?

>It really, really doesn't help that Bendis apparently thinks having the Kryptonian science council ramble about bar mitzvahs is hilarious.

What issue?

I actually just dropped Wonder Woman yesterday. It's just so bland. I kinda liked the arc with Ares, but after that it's just gotten less and less interesting. And did anyone else get the vibe that Wilson is sidelining Steve to hook Wondy up with Atlantiades?

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-2018/Issue-13?id=157976#5

When did issue #13 come out? I just picked up #12 literally yesterday.

>Superman having a Hebrew name wasn't a clever old reference, Kryptonians are actually Jewish

WW has been unreadable trash for 10 years, who cares at this point
I'll check the next hard reboot

>The higher ups don’t know what to do to fix their comics and increase sales.
Hire Johns back.

No you won’t

I got that vibe between that and Bendis fucking him over in his Event Leviathan. DCs editorial has been making their moves. Which is a shame because DC editorial rarely has WWs best interest in their decision making

I don't even want to read that shit for free. It's so bad it hurts.

>No you won’t
Why? What do you know about me?
Maybe it won't get me back in the hobby after new52 ruined it, but I'll check it to see if a proper WW is reborn.

Not him but you wouldn’t happen to be sword-autist would you?

WW is born from clay and only uses weapons in end of the world scenarios, never as regual equip.
>Also fuck Azzarello and Gadot

Ah okay it is you. Keep getting triggered over the imagery and pretending she’s a psychopathic killer just to fuel your autism.

She was only ever interesting when she was fucking Superman and fighting her strange god family. Now shes boring and nobody cares.

Superman shit was stupid

I was honestly kinda excited for year one, then they ended the first issue with time travel. I don’t give a fuck about the three evil flashes from the future just give me a good story set in one fucking time, not a boring story set in three

I'm not "him". I never said she's a psyho killer.
I said that WW is not a WARRIOR! with SWORD! and SHIELD! and/or a demigod. That's just not what WW is.
What passes for WW after FP is just another character and an uninteresting one.
It's just another case of "not your dad's character". meh.
>Also fuck Azzarello and Gadot
Also keep enjoying "not your daddy's" INSERT POPULAR BRAND HERE

>She was only ever interesting when she was fucking Superman and fighting her strange god family.
Puke

No that user just wants to hate on whoever is relevant to the conversation

I'd love to get more sideways stuff, I was really hoping he'd stick around and be a consistent face popping up in comics out outside media now and again, kinda like what happened to Blue Bleetle.... jaime?

Kids at home, take note. Never be a characterfag like this guy

>DON'T QUESTION, KID, CONSUME PRODUCT

Nice strawman. No, I haven’t bought Wonder Woman in some time due to quality. However unlike you, I don’t invent autistic reasons to obsess over. Furthermore
>She’s not a Warrior
Either you have a warped perception on what a warrior is, or you’re stupid. Take your pick

now she is boring and also not ww
she was ALSO a warrior, but that never was front and center to her persona
She was a superhero and a diplomat first, never a sterotypical WARRIOR. That's just out of character.
Characters are not empty boxes with a popular label on them, ready to be filled with random attributes and fanfiction (official or not). They have a fixed set of traits. Change/remove those traits and you have another character. And a generic one, in this case.
If you think otherwise you just have a bad case of "muh relativism"

She’s still those things first and foremost. Again, you’re an autist inventing shit to get mad over. You just don’t want to admit you’re upset over the imagery

Jaime had a good 24 issue run that people recommend (and was used as the spine of YJ Invasion). Sideways doesn't have that.

>I-I see no d-difference
Origin change and the shift from not lethal to lethal equip is not "just imagery".

>hook Wondy up with Atlantiades?
I remember when Marble hooked Angela up with a M->F tranny "angel" and people flipped their shit about SJWMARVEL so I can only imagine the levels of butthurt when the casualgaters find out that Atlantiades is a full on futa ( her other name is Hermaphroditus because her parents are Hermes ( father ) and Aphrodite ( mother ) which is literally where the word hermaphrodite meaning 'both sexes at the same time' comes from ).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantiades

Attached: wonder woman 071.jpg (283x903, 56K)

There you go again, trying to say modern Wonder Woman is a ruthless killer. Are you on a loop?

>Are you on a loop?
He's clearly on the spectrum, user. Chasing his own tail is his default setting.

>The 74th issue didn’t even get a storytime so I assume Wonder Woman flew under the radar for most people here, but I am curious if anyone knows what’s the deal with the latest issue. It was supposed to have come out weeks ago, and I literally only found it online today.
The guy who usually rips Wonder Woman is known for always being late. Usually by a day, but this time, he still hasn't ripped last week's issue (#74, July 10th). Looks like Glorith stepped up and ripped it instead.
Wonder Woman #75 is set for a July 24th release (next week)

>set for a July 24th release
Jesus, talk about monkey's paw. On the one hand, WW today and more to come in a mere week. On the other hand...it's the current Wondy run, AND the issue where Grail comes back into the plot.

>rading comprehension zero and dropping
ww classic equip it the definitive nonlethal equip, used to deflect and restrict
now it's simply your average hack and slash equip. Even if she doesn't use it to literally cut people in half.

ah bloo bloo

No she still uses the lasso, and you’re still acting stupid

>The guy who usually rips Wonder Woman is known for always being late.
He is an HONEST WORKING CLASS MAN! He has family and stuff too.

What are you talking about? WW 74 and 75 have the same shipping dates from when they were solicited three months ago.

WONDER WOMAN #74
written by G. WILLOW WILSON
art and cover by JESUS MERINO
variant cover by JENNY FRISON
Wonder Woman’s journey through the broken realm has reached its end—but who waits for her there? And what exactly created this place between dimensions in the first place? The answer will shock Diana, and provide the missing piece of a puzzle that’s defined her entire life!
ON SALE 07.10.19
AKA last week

WONDER WOMAN #75
written by G. WILLOW WILSON
art by XERMANICO
cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
variant cover by JENNY FRISON
At last, after years of exile: Wonder Woman returns to Themyscira! But in the wake of Ares’ escape from his prison, the island is no longer the paradise she remembers… and the Amazons are no longer a united people! Disaster has forced Hippolyta’s warriors to choose a deadly new ally, and Wonder Woman is powerless to convince them to turn back to the light! Who among the Amazons could possibly change the course of history? Only one: Diana’s long-lost aunt, Antiope! A major figure of the Wonder Woman mythos returns in this extra-sized anniversary issue!
Plus, Lex Luthor visits fellow Legion of Doom member Cheetah. He comes bearing gifts: a mythical weapon, one rumored to be able to kill anything—even a god. Or, in Wonder Woman’s case, a demi-god.
ON SALE 07.24.19
And next week. The cover changed, but that's not uncommon

but she still use the other out of place things
>u stupid, u stupid, u stupid
you must be a fragile kid

Glass house and all that. I can tell this is a productive conversation, ultimately you throwing a fit over trivial or plain inaccurate things you’ve heard on here and parrot it. Because while I may find modern Wondy a tad mediocre, I at least keep tabs on it and know what the hell Im talking about. You can go ahead and reeeee all you want about Diana holding something pointy

They made her weaker and it feels like they depowered her a ton. She's getting jobbed by regular bullets, then she was nearly killed by a fragment of a bullet that bounced off Superman's chest... I mean they're doing her no favors. Anytime she gets barely nicked by a blade or arrow she squeals and either passes out or something weird. For about a year and a half now they never have her centuries of experience or wisdom solve a problem. She's not written to come up with tactics.. all the heavy lifting plotwise is done by Superman, Batman, or whoever else guest stars in her own book.

She's aways being saved by her partners and not the other way around. They've made her naive and kinda boring. What I liked about her from pre-52 was her durability was more consistent because she could throw down with Doomsday, Superman, and yeah she was one of the Trinity. I think they overreached slighty in the New 52 with the taking off the bracers and getting more powerful thing, I think they should've just given her some magic or something as powerful.

Lastly, this rebirth version just seems to be nothing but a boring glass cannon who's basically only good for hitting stuff. I still love the character but it's only out of duty by this point. Plus, I'm kinda bored with the DC Universe because it's all just Superman/Batman story after story, they basically make all the other characters redundant.

yeah, ok. You can go now
The next reboot they will give her a gun, a boomerang and a skate and you will be here spouting some gibberish about how it does not change the character. She will also be the daughter of Mongul, because it changes nothing. She will also be a teenager becuse it's just imagery.
>u stoopid u stoopid u stoopid

He doesnt have that yet. What he does have is at least decent and if given to a decent writer they could totally do something great with him, they set up a unique rouges gallery for him which is way more then most new characters get

You got nothing but strawmen, don’t you? Are you really that desperate for (You)s, user? Because I think we’ve all made it very clear you don’t actually read Wonder Woman

>issue where Grail comes back
#edgySideCut #tooWoke4Me #dropped

>you don’t actually read the thing you're so busy bitching about
Yea Forumsntrarians in a nutshell, senpai.

>u don't read ww
that's funny.
>strawmen
you have no argument, you just want to defend your PRODUCT!
I dont' read ww NOW. it's not WW. And it's also boring as it's own nu-character
I've read plenty of comics about the real ww, before FP.
>it's just imagery
>u stooppid
>u don't read ww

>if you don't like product you are a contrarian
>please conform

Do people even like Wonder woman a lot these days?
I don't even like captain marvel, but I'd sooner read her book than WWs.

She's a white woman who is a Muslim but I don't know of anything particularly controversial other than that. Her work with Kamala Khan has been well received.

Your “arguments” are based off wild and childish assumptions and insults, trying to paint others as company loyalists despite it being well established already in this very thread that’s not the case. You also play willfully ignorant about who/what current Wonder Woman is and instead choose to repeat the same misinformation to validate your opinion. We’ve already stated that modern Wonder Woman is mediocre, and people haven’t been buying it, and yet you keep reeee-ing that somehow we’re still buying it out of misguided characterfag loyalty. Now your posts are further devolving into shitposting as a method to save face after getting called out on your autism. I think it’s very apparent that you heard shitposting on here, already made up your mind about the matter, haven’t read ANY WW in the past 8 years, and instead make misinformed bitchy remarks in an effort to fit in.

We know current WW isn’t great, but at least know what the hell youre talking about. Make a real criticism, like The Invisible Jet and the kangaroos hardly ever being used

Yeesh, it's like they don't realize flooding the market is almost never a good idea.
I know some people love Harley for some reason, and the joker has always been a favorite villain, but DC has to know both are starting to lose the appeal their classic versions had.
I mean, we've been drowned in media featuring Joker, and Harley feels aimless off in her own book.
I can't see focusing on these two separately away from batman helping them.

People are buying Wilson's Wonder Woman? More fool you. Rebirth Wonder Woman on the whole is not worth the trees killed or the few brain cells we have left. Rebirth is a step backwards to a precrisis weakened version .who is stupid and whiny.

I got a real criticism. The constant Greek god plotlines are what’s killing the title. Having them around every once in a while is expected but ever since the N52 it’s “Diana has to fight Greek god X” or “Diana finds another character who is the child of Greek God Y” or “Greek God Z is being a douche and Diana has to teach them something”.

If I wanted to read a Greek God myth I can pick up a bunch of other better comics or read a bunch of books that actually cover that stuff in full.

WW has lost all of the originality to her and is now like a myraid other pop culture characters (Percy Jackson, Hercules, Xena) and while those who say they like Greek Mythology insist that they like constant sword and sandals Wondy, but those fucks don’t even buy her books that often enough to warrant constant Greek myth storylines.

I thought GL still sold well

>but DC has to know both are starting to lose the appeal their classic versions had.
>DC or its parent company having any sort of strategy
The over-saturation of Joker and Ms. Joker has barely even begun.

Attached: Suicide.jpg (287x424, 27K)

On Grant Morrison’s name and even then recently GL sales have gone down

See that’s a fair criticism. Just like how Giganta and a lot of her other rogues are underutilized