Is this the best of Yea Forums vidya despite falling apart a bit in the end?

Is this the best of Yea Forums vidya despite falling apart a bit in the end?

Attached: ps4 spidey.jpg (1500x844, 138K)

I actually really like the end. The parts that felt less than necessary were playing as MJ and Miles. People play a Spider-Man game to play as Spider-Man, not Spider-Man's gf and a kid that may someday become Spider-Man.

I felt like the story didn't come together well, probably to set up for a sequel or DLC. What happened to negative Man and Kingpin? Why did Miles getting bit in that awful convoluted contrived way? The game juggled a dozen plots but for some reason the final act was only about the last one (Doc Ock)

>What happened to negative Man and Kingpin?
Spider-Man beats Negative man before facing off against Ock, doesn't he? And the main role of Kingpin at the beginning is that Spider-Man ends up putting him away, leaving a power vacuum that allows for certain plot points later in the story. He's presumably still in prison at the end of the story.

I know literally what happened to them it just didn't feel well executed. Kingpin and his arrest is a HUGE part of the name until he's not needed and then he's never mentioned again. Mister Negative is far worse. He's the primary antagonist for the majority of the game and has deep personal ties to Peter and May and then he gets jobbed out before the final boss and no closure whatsoever. A lot of the writing feels weirdly truncated like that.

Ending was fine, dare I say great. Unless of course you mean the DLC which was WHAT THE FUCK levels of why.

How do you guys feel about the comic? It's basically speedrunning through the game's plot, cutting a few corners so it can get to the Velocity shit coming out afterwards.

That all said, I like this Spidey WAY more than any movie.
Li isn't supposed to have "closure" because he chose to still hate Norman. This game was really about Otto. Though they probably will expand on Martin later. There's still a lot to cover. As for Kingpin, I wish he was the focus of the DLC instead of Hammerhead

Attached: Spider-Man PS4 Sinister Six.jpg (1186x1800, 1023K)

>Spider-Man 2
>Spider-Man PS4
>Ultimate Spider-Man
>X-Men Origins: Wolverine
>X-Men Legends Series
>Marvel Ultimate Alliance Series
>Marvel vs. Capcom Series
>Batman: Arkham Series
I think this is more or less the comprehensive list of good Yea Forums-related vidya

>How about we just make her Lois Lane except the most obnoxious person on the planet earth and ugly as fuck and she has sneaking missions?

Attached: 8748646.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Oh, I forgot

>Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Hulk Ultimate Destruction was better

Another good one I forgot

I'm not a cringy zoomer so I prefer the PS1 Spider Man game instead

Yeah the Lois shit was annoying and a forced way to include her into the plot/gameplay. Please for the love of Christ just give her spider powers like Miles next game so I don't have to do more of those stealth missions

Attached: Spineret art.png (500x800, 226K)

You're missing some old classic beat em ups like the SNES Batman: TAS game and the X-Men side scrollers. I feel like some of the LEGO Marvel and DC games deserve a nod too.

It was a watered down Arkham game, missing fundamental game mechanics, half assed swinging mechanics, with the worst story and re-interpretation of characters ever.

I unironically thought the ending was great. Almost SM2 levels. Probably the best Spider-man performance too.

I like her 200x more than GIRLPOWER: The Character.

Attached: spider-man-silver-sable.jpg (1600x900, 147K)

>watered down Arkham game,
Story missions were more linear for the sake of a better story but I don't see how that's watered down

>missing fundamental game mechanics,
Such as?

>half assed swinging mechanics
Just objectively untrue

>with the worst story and re-interpretation of characters ever
Outside of MJ, they were all fine to great.

Hyperbole and a Yea Forums migrant who didn't play shit
Yeah she was kind of bullshit. Couldn't even beat her in her own damn boss fight

you realise that Siver Sable was actually pretty damn close to her comics portrayal right?

I like that she has the most ridiculous comic book name next to Blackagon Boltagar. Heh.

Yeah, Lego Marvel Superheroes and Lego Batman 2 are pretty great

In regards to missing game mechanics; A proper combat combo system, you can just run in circles and not do anything and the combo doesn't reset. A more responsive dodging mechanic and the most important thing they overlooked was a quickfire gadget mechanic rather than having to open the gadget menu in the middle of combat to change to whatever gadget you want. A total step backwards.
They went for a 'traversal system' rather than proper swinging mechanics. Instead of right and left trigger for each hand, left trigger is a shitty slowmo thing so you can zip to points and that doesn't even work half the time, the amazing spider-man 2 game did that better. And the right trigger is to be held down to run or swing, you don't even have to release the trigger to get off your web you just jump off and continue holding the trigger to swing again.
All the mechanics in this game are half baked.

Maybe not overly related to your point but them changing the reveal of Mister Negative's identity from that one E3 demo made the scene in the construction site feel weird each time I played through the game. It's the last time we hear from Fisk iirc and he's straight up wrong now, as opposed to Li actually being up on the roof.

This game is gonna be so bizarre to play in the future. On one hand it has Hollywood movie level production values, acting, writing, etc. which I assume will become more common in the future. On the other hand it has missions where you catch pigeons and spray gas in the ocean like it's fucking 2001 and you're still playing GTA3 doing mindless half assed side missions.

The stuff you're saying about the swinging makes me think you haven't played this.

So you either suck at swinging, or haven't played the game at all.

Is the DLC worth playing?

I like the brotherly dynamic between Miles and Peter

Shut the fuck up, she was cute

I really enjoyed this game and I found the DLC incredibly underwhelming

I enjoyed it as well, I just never got around to playing the DLC. Every time I feel like blowing twenty bucks away on something like this season pass, I always think of something better I could be spending it on. Like food.

Come on lads how about an actual rebuttal.

how about you actually play the game

It's...Fine. Pretty short and weirdly disconnected despite telling one overarching story, the last one is probably the best of the three if only because of how unique it is. I would have preferred standalone stories to what we got, but if you love the game then you might as well. Plus, it sets up something that's sure to be at least a side quest in Spider-Man PS4 2

>when they do the trippy drugged psychological inner demons hallucination scene but it's Scorpion instead of Scarecrow

Attached: 453273788.jpg (497x640, 111K)

Ultimately? No. Granted it's fun for maybe one playthrough, and you get awesome skins by the end, but its just so tacked on and feels like it was made by another dev team. You almost have to play it though for plot reasons, especially for Yuri
You're wrong about the web swinging and are intentionally forming a bias opinion of the game because it doesnt have PS2 controls

it's shit, but the costumes are nice

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.48M)

Tell me what was wrong about my observations

Tell me what was, please. And the ps2 games weren't the only games to do the swinging mechanics right.

>Granted it's fun for maybe one playthrough

I'm no Raimi-fag, but I'm willing to do NG+ with all the DLC I haven't played, with this skin attached.

Attached: Raimi.jpg (3000x1688, 642K)

Most patrician skin incoming

Attached: $.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

The devs of the game describe R2 as a 'go button' and proceed to talk about the traversal mechanics of the game the way I did. Tell me where I went wrong please.

The PS4 controls are set up in a way that retard proof so any casual player can still get around the city, but yet still have a layer of complexity which allows experienced players to navigate NY faster and more fluid by comparison. Knowing when to accelerate, dive, wall run, zip, and let go of R2 makes all the difference. Hell, I hardly ever used the L2 slow feature unless I had to.

you don't know what you're doing, stop playing

tell me exactly what I'm missing, I'll add it

Attached: cov.jpg (1700x2398, 3.28M)

Yuri was so hot and she and Spidey actually had chemistry. I legit thought in the beginning he and MJ were done and you would fuck her but then MJ shows up and the awful truth emerges.

I read how they raped Yuri in the DLC but I never played it.

Attached: 171707438-352-k638702.jpg (352x550, 21K)

Batman Returns (SNES) was great.

You're a deadset moron son, I'm not saying the mechanics are hard or don't work, I'm saying they are shit.

They didn't "rape" Yuri, they just did a speedrun of her character that was better left for the sequel

He's kind of right though, and you willingly ignored the post explaining how the controls worked.

Off the top of my head:

>Batman (NES)
>Batman Returns (SNES)
>The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES)
>Marvel Super Heroes in War of the Gems (SNES)
>Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage (SNES)
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
>X-Men 2: Clone Wars (Genesis)
>X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse (SNES)

>No X-Men vs. Street Fighter
>No Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
>All those Lego games
Please fix your shit.

>>All those Lego games
they're fun

>doesn't notice when his combos reset because he's a masher
>incapable of pressing circle when he see's is spider-sense, blames clunky mechanics
>unironically uses L2 while traversing the city
>uses L2 for anything other than stealth sections
>doesn't time his R2 releases
>can't open the gadget wheel and quickly switch to the one he wants mid combat subconsciously
delete the game, you don't know what you're doing

Then pick one of them and use the rest of those spaces for better games, every Lego game plays the exact same.

Those games are literally unplayable if you didn't grow up with them

I like the combat in Spiderman better

>spaces
it's not a limited roster, I can expand the chart infinitely

Anons are living in the Decline of Batman, and its tough for them. Just let them believe Arkham is the apex of vidyagaems forever.

Wait you could slow down time?

you seem pretty old, user

When you hit L2 to aim time briefly slows so you can zip to precise targets. I hardly ever used it

You're going to need to include a pretty big fucking asterisk with that Marvel vs Capcom content.

Unpopular opinion but I didn't really care for the story, I liked the crazy father-like relationship pete had with doc ock but not much else story wise. The ancillary gameplay stuff like playing as MJ was boring as fuck. Pretty decent character action game though

I mean I liked them and rank them pretty high too but the combat in spider just had so much more flair and free choice it's undeniably better
Damn I got through the whole game not even knowing that

Needs the arcade game.

Don't get me wrong; the Arkham games are solid games.
But they aren't better than Spider-Man unless you are full-blown delusional fanboy.

Arkham Batman is too much of a bulky tank. Should have made a more Neal Adams story where he was slimmer and agile and the combat was closer to Spider-Man but the Arkham series is gritty tacticool trash all the way through.

Arkham deserves all of the credit for inventing the combat style though.

>Should have made a more Neal Adams story where he was slimmer and agile
I think that would suit Dick better.

Was Marvel Superheroes 2 any better than the first one? I hadn't played a Lego game in years and Iknow it's a babyshit easy game so I didn't expect all that much, but I still came away a bit disappointed with it. 2 looked like an improvement though, so I've been curious.

As far as I'm concerned, every game on this list comes with an asterisk which takes into account your own personal taste. I enjoyed both games for what they were, but others may or may not.

Attached: cov.jpg (1708x3746, 3.43M)

That was Batman though up until the 90's and he only became a tank because it was impossible to move in the live action rubber movie suits and because Miller made him a tank in DKR which was a narrative choice based on the character being too old to move well

It looked a lot more expansive which was something I took issue with in the first game, but it's only 20 bucks at Gamestop right now so I might check it out either way.

I still don't see how Batman is a tank in the Arkham series (without counting Knight), he doesn't look any bigger than the random bad guys you beat up.

He walks like 2 MPH in the first game

Yeah, walking in the first game was incredibly slow but that doesn't make Batman a tank.
He flips over motherfuckers when he dodges, he can go from one end of a room to another when he's in a fight and in the later games gliding is almost the same as flying, you just have to keep the momentum going.

I mean just look at this, he's barely any bigger than the guys he's fighting and he looks pretty lean.

Attached: MV5BZDk0ZTZlNmMtZGY1Yy00NGEyLTg5MTctMzNkM2FmNDM3NTQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQwODY1NTY@._V1_.jpg (1280x720, 305K)

Kingpin's in jail, Mr. Negative got away, though they fucked up on establishing the latter.

>with the worst story and re-interpretation of characters ever.

Just because you keep spouting this doesn't make it true.