This character is so oversold

Doomsday's powerset is one of the most inflexible, brittle ones in the entire DC universe; he's got a couple things he's really good at and nothing else-- meaning all you have to do to beat him is NOT FIGHT HIM AT HIS OWN GAME.
Not to mention he's dumb as hell so he should be absurdly easy to outmaneuver.

the justice league trying to beat him was like someone going up against a blender by sticking their face into it instead of just unplugging the cord.
How'd he beat darkseid that one time anyways? He should have lost massively.

Attached: Doomsday_by_Tom_Fleming.png (525x640, 856K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

easier said than done

>Power Levels
Are fucking stupid and you're stupid for caring
>Doomsday
Even more so because this fucking guy isn't even a character, but a plot device invented to kill The Man of Steel.

Attached: DCAU Doomsday.png (900x1080, 490K)

>How'd he beat darkseid that one time anyways?

IIRC Doomsday just beat the shit out of him because Darkseid did not want to use the Omega Sanction against Doomsday, reasoning that there was a chance that Doomsday could recover from that and thus be immune to Darkseid's most potent weapon.

Boomtubes: just have a flunky run up with one and no more threat from Doomdsay, he's in space.
They literally have the perfect counter to him as one of their common tech.

He's awful. He worked in his original context but as soon as Superman comes back to life he loses everything that makes him work as a character or plot device.

He can't even fly. Couldn't Zatanna just put him to sleep and then teleport him into space? Or just the latter.

He could probably evolve to not be able to be put to sleep after being put to sleep, but the teleport into space thing would be an insta win.

There's a reason "chuck him into space" is more or less the official got to response to doomsday amongst the superheroes in DC.

Yeah but that doesn't let the author show their donut steel has a bigger dick than whatever character they're jobbing out.

Stick a device that turns him intangible on his back. Cue ghost Doomsday that can't grab onto the device and thus is eternally running around trying to smash everything in vain

>There's a reason "chuck him into space" is more or less the official got to response to doomsday amongst the superheroes in DC.
It's how nearly every race that's encountered Doomsday has solved the problem. You put him on a rocket, and pray he doesn't come back

>sleeping peacefully
>Suddenly this motherfucker runs into your room and starts screaming and jumping around and won't leave
>its 3am

Fucking THANK YOU OP, every simple attack by him should have been solved by Zatanna turning him into a Doomsday-shaped cheese statue and leaving him to melt. Or a rabbit. The angriest rabbit.

I’m still profoundly bothered that Darkseid has legit reality warping powers he never thinks to use against Superman. Like shit he made an avatar for the dark side of the Source that one time. The logical outcome to every fight with Superman should be Superman getting omega sanctioned after he proves persistent, and I appreciate Morrison having Darkseid actually play it smart against one of the stronker Supermen by planting himself into all humanity at once while also having the great excuse of being dying at the time.

Just evolve a resistance to magic

>Mirror Master sends Doomsday to the mirror dimension
>Mirror Master is the hero we need AND deserve

>turn him into a rabbit
Have you not seen monty python?!

Has he ever actually done this? Literally can’t think of a reason you can’t just turn Doomsday into a frog

he evolved a resistance to the species that "killed" him the first time, and their power was a semi-spiritual death beam powered by the merging of literally their entire species.

He also managed to steal a green lantern ring and nearly absorbed the entireity of the green lantern corp's power before being tossed across the universe.

His power is basically "Asspull evolution" so he can and will evolve to be immune to pretty much anything thrown at him even if it makes no sense.

...but he has spikes, OP

who put the shorts and boots on him

They don't work on Supes, something something pure good on page explanation which works for me to be honest. He'd see right through the omega sanction with super vision.

How do none brick heroes that are punched by him live. Those claws on his knuckles are like 6 inches long and three inches round.

Censors.

HA. Didn’t know Doomsday fought the Saiyans. Still, can’t help but think something more esoteric should be the ticket. Send him to the Phantom Zone, tear his soul out of his body, get a friendly life manipulating goddess to nullify his genetic code from mutating or turn the mutations into hindrances, get Darkseid to call the Black Racer on his ass-it really feels like there are options people haven’t explored.

>something something pure good on page explanation
I’m honestly interested in seeing this. Those beams work on fucking MORDRU and gods and shit, and Supes is perfectly susceptible to normal mind control or corruption from Apokalips’ fire pits so I’m finding it hard to not call it as BS. Plus Darkseid can blitz and choke him the normal way.

>He’d see right through the omega sanction with super vision
user, that’s not how the Sanction works. It straight creates realities to torture you in. Hell Darkseid’ve could’ve used the version that sends you back in time and turns you into a time bomb.

They did send him to the Phantom Zone. He punched his way out of there.

sending him to the phantom zone was how general zod dealt with him in the past.

After he was killed the first time, the species that defeated him put him a full body restraining burial suit and sent him into space, thinking he was dead and not just slowly regenerating.

The fuck, that just makes the recent comics saying the Phantom Zone was actually the underworld of Ereshkigal & other deities all along even weirder.

We could spend all night discussing how DC's hilariously power-bloated heroes should be able to defeat relatively straight-forward foes, but its pointless.
Right now, the entire Justice League AND all their allies are being stymied by some novice girl who can become more Superman than Superman for like an hour before dying.

Like, they are turning a major metropolitan city over to maniacs because there's "nothing at all they can do" without Catwoman-ImeanBatman to lead them.

At the end of Hunter/Prey, Doomsday was sent forward in time to the end of the universe and that essentially killed him. He was only able to come back because one of Brainiac's servants time traveled forward himself and retrieved Doomsday. The fact that Doomsday wasn't able to evolve time travel on his own means there's clear limits to his adaptation. A powerful enough magic user should be able to take him out.

>"evolve time travel"
lel
Its kinda sad this is even a possibility.

honestly sounds kinda funny, would be even better if he couldn't make any noise cause his vocal chords are intangible too

He seems to evolve based on a "threat" type response-- he can't evolve intelligently, which is more or less how evolution works.

He can't evolve time travel because nothing was actually hurting him there-- he's just alone, and doomsday is actually okay with that. He doesn't want to kill everything, he just sees everything as a threat. So if he sees nothing around him, he's actually at peace.

This is why sending him "Away" is always the best response because fighting makes him stronger, but his body doesn't recognize "Going away" as being attacked, if that makes sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

>he just sees everything as a threat
Makes sense considering his origin is getting killed thousands of times as a baby and remembering every one

Could one defeat Doomsday, by giving him a handjob. The nut might make him calm down.

God, I made it through a full minute of this, somehow.

>Angry autist: Comicbook version

>right now
Aren’t they still dealing with Perpetua’s bullshit?

He was actively being harmed by entropy and being crushed/pulled apart at a fundamental level. He should have either evolved time travel or the ability to reverse entropy.

Attached: RCO045_1471838298.jpg (1041x1600, 464K)

its what I get for clicking the first ghostbusters video I see before I link it when searching for the song
youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc

He needs hugs and cuddles.

But if he never uses it then doomsday is effectively immune anyway

>evolve anti-entropy
Are you implying he wasn't the real cause of the big bang in a looped time scenario, and that brainiac didn't just doom reality?

It’s a catch-22. Kind of.

Doomsday can't "evolve" until he's been killed though. He's not Amazo or the Shaggy man or whoever.

Throw that nigga in the speed force

Shrinking him to the size of a molecule would defeat him, he'd just be in "uninhabited space" again from his perspective.
Any gravity well would hold him, sure he'd evolve to survive it but that doesn't mean he'd evolve the means to escape it, and he'd probably be chill with it.
Intangibility or transforming him into something inanimate would probably work, as long as his transformed self wasn't damaged.
Matter-Eater Lad could snack on him.
Lots of things could work on him that aren't pummel/blast him into submission.

Attached: failureee.jpg (650x348, 33K)

Are you seriously asking me to address the current timeline/continuity of DC, with Johns waving his Doomsday Cock around on top of everything else? Who knows?

>Throw that nigga in the speed force
>Throw him into the super empowering godlike force
>Throw the already unstoppable serial murdering hate machine into the super empowering force
>THIS IS A GOOD IDEA

put him in the source wall

He’ll just punch out

>brainlet thinks being in the speed force is the same as being empowered by it

I bet you think drowning is the same as aquakinesis

Attached: orb.gif (498x372, 922K)

Flash could run him to the utter end of all reality where "life" and "death" have no meaning like he did to the Black Flash.
Fate could transport him to a dimension of pure nothingness where there wouldn't be anything to even adapt.
One user said that Zatanna should be able to transform him into a cheese statue. Seriously, there isn't anything that remotely suggests that he could survive being an inanimate object with no life signals or biologic functions at all.
Put an indigo ring on his finger, he would still be powerful but would be turned into a good guy, maybe he could even become a new hero.
And those are only the straight foward, run of the mill guys. If you get creative Constantine could sell his soul to the devil once again so Lucifer would phase Doomsday out of existence.
Don't try to punch him and you will be fine.

This.
Venus would suffice, or really any uninhabited planet. Put a satellite around it flashing "Danger Keep Away" in intergalac or something.

put him in earth-3 and let the crime syndicate deal with it

Make the Spectre deal with it instead of smashing planets in an autistic rage for no reason for the 6 billionth time. Make that chucklefuck do his actual fucking job for once.

The REAL question would be, if Doomsday ever faced the Amazo android, what would be the outcome?

Or best case scenario, they have a GOOD Doomsday somewhere and they just eternally stalemate one another.

Depends on the version.

The first time he encountered a green lantern he stole the ring and being power draining every lantern he encountered while instinctively being drawn to the Oa.

Doomsday has a history of evolving to be a power parasite when he encounters energy sources and he almost drained the entireity of the green lantern corp's powers the first time he encountered a nebulous energy force.

>Doomsday has a history of evolving to be a power parasite when he encounters energy sources and he almost drained the entireity of the green lantern corp's powers the first time he encountered a nebulous energy force.

Ok, so he has no actual powerset, he just accomplishes whatever the writer pulls out of his ass. He's basically Loeb Red Hulk, or every second DC character.

Attached: Red Hulk.jpg (2560x1961, 617K)

Duh

>good doomsday
happened once. Didn't stick.

How about the source wall or the over void? DC powers don't work beyond that space.

I mean, if his power has changed from "Evolves a survival mechanism after 'dying'" to "He's DCAU Amazo and evolves when the writer feels like it, oh and he can't be killed no matter what", then the discussion is pointless.

I guess the Gentry better not piss him off.

Doomsday Wank would still work. (and probably Batwank as well).

How did Superman bring him to heel in Injustice?

Wait...So you are saying Doomdays is SMT enough to kill the Empty Hand? one more god REJECTED!

Imperiex fucked him over into a glowing skeleton with a single attack, he's not THAT powerful if you attack him intelligently.
The trick is just you have to hit him with overwhelming force all in one go and not try and fight him with gradual over time damage.

Its like a Moba where you have to use burst damage against someone with super high regeneration and cooldowns.

I dunno, OP, it’s a pretty clever power set. He can instantly recover damage, and turn his limbs in to weapons. His heat vision is way stronger than Superman’s. Plus, he’s a raging monster, but deep down he probably does have Zod’s intelligence and memories. I find him very compelling!

>Zod’s intelligence
If we are talking DCEU, that's more of a handicap than anything.

When I was younger I thought he was the coolest shit. But yeah, now I realize he's pretty plain. And while I understood his strengths immediately, as I read more DC comics growing up I started to understand how much I underestimated many of the other heroes, like that time Atom killed Darkseid by riding lightwaves into his brain.
Doomsday is just strong. But his feats of strength don't come near Superman's. He's tough, but many other DC heroes have survived worse. His one big thing is not being able to die to the same thing twice... but considering how incredibly specific the DC universe can be, a writer could easily pass a slightly different cause of death as being a totally different method.

God it's so weird looking back to see the incredibly inappropriate amount of hype and writer bias this character got, and now he's literally nothing.

why does he lose the mustache when he hulks out

>God it's so weird looking back to see the incredibly inappropriate amount of hype and writer bias this character got
What is every new Flash speedster villain?

I remember there was a story during Grant Morrison's JLA where they kept Flash out of commission for one story by trapping him between teleporters. It wasn't actually harming him but he was stuck and couldn't do shit till someone helped him out. Seems like that would work on Doomsday.

Because his identity was played for a mystery for quite a while, and the lack of stache was the only thing preventing people from automatically guessing it was Ross.

He will (miraculously) find some way to job as Doomsday adapts an atheism-field or some other bullshit

Flash is faster than instantaneous teleportation now, he'd easily wank his way out of that one.

They usually don't last as long as Loeb Red Hulk though. That shit went on for an incredible amount of time and people were convinced he was going to effectively replace Hulk. It's hilarious looking back at that form where things are now.

Yeah, Flash would, but Doomsday couldn't.

darkseid did use the omega beams and doomsday survived them

They literally did that; put him on the moon with 4 teleporters that perpetually cycled him around so that he was only 25% "whole" at one time in each teleporter.

Kept him contained very well, but then imperiex showed up and they decided that doomsday was a smaller threat and broke him out with psychic fuckery to make him think Imperiex was kryptonian and his mortal enemy.
THEN doomsday lost... and lost HARD. Got turned into a literal glowing skeleton.

>*punches way through mirror dimension*
Heh..... nuthin personel kid

I love how writers can just ignore things they established earlier:

>Has no tissue or cells!

>Cloned from Doomsday's tissue/cells!

So did the fuck who made doomsday have a point behind this or...?
I mean it just seems like he was stoned one day and was like "What if... we make a kid and put him on a horror world where he'll be murdered horiffically, and then clone/regenerate him each time, but make sure he REMEMBERS how horrifically he was killed each time!
That'll make him super evolve, right? not sure where I was going with this.. maybe make merchandise of him?."

They have shown multiple times that he needs to actually get wrecked to evolve past something. Being sent to the mirror dimension isn't going to hurt him.

Who would win? Doomsday or bullshit lizard?

Attached: monster8editub9.jpg (320x236, 23K)

what is he made of if not tissues and cells? that doesn't even make sense. is he a robot or what?

682 can adapt to meta bullshit and is more durable so him I guess

This one doesn't have to die to adapt, right? So it can actually adapt to non-harmful things like indefinite containment.

682 is almost comedic/parodic in how they have him evolve, its hard to tell if you're supposed to take him seriously at times.

Like launching him into the sun and having him fly back on fire-- If he can be kept in a steel room I think the sun's gravity will hold him in place, even getting past him finding his way with wings back to the earth.

Honestly it shouldn't be that difficult for superman to drop him out of orbit. I know he's tried and doomsday didn't let him hold him for long enough to do it but that feels so contrived. Only downside would be that he might land in an inhabited place someday

I think the real Hulk beat him around issue 6 or something, no?

I assumed it meant he was like one ginormous somewhat simplistic cell, at the least meaning you'd need his whole body to clone him, not some shit like:
>Oh, Darksied/Luthor/whoever just grabbed a chunk of his body.

By being more powerful.

No, he hit him with it and Doomsday came back from that.

Should have just said something like "he's a giant mass of cancer cells, so he can't be cloned because any clone will self kill itself from the combating cancers, but the original is unique in that it's the sole one able to work together"

Wrong. He was evolving on the fly in Hunter/Prey.

That would mean getting close to him, which is suicidde for most characters. Also, he's hard to Flash Booster compared him to the Flash in speed.

>>Power Levels
>Are fucking stupid and you're stupid for caring
aww but some people enjoy it, let then have their autism fun

He underestimated Doomsday, being a smug shit, and hit him with a weaker Omega Force attack than the ones he's more known for using.

How can an animal skull covered in random crap beat anything?

Through bullshit. Darkseid could have devolved him with the omega beams and stepped on him.

>He underestimated Doomsday
He missed his archfoe Superman being killed by Doomsday? Superman was dead a good while.

My friend gave me a toy of Doomsday one time. He is all red, but his packaging didn't really say anything as to why he looked that way, and I don't remember him being red in the comics. Does anyone know if this is a reference to a comic I didn't read?

Daddy Doomsday can protecc me any day hun

That was a stupid way to try to justify killing him without killing the Flash at the same time. At that point in time even the Speed Force would not exist, so the Flash is just as fucked. Same thing when he outran Death. Any time going to the end of reality is the answer it's just fucking stupid.

>His one big thing is not being able to die to the same thing twice...
No, it's not dying to the same thing twice, while also being able to kill the thing that hurt him. No matter how invulnerable whatever it is that hurt him, he becomes able to hurt it back. Stupid? No more than 90% of the DC lineup, where asspull power levels are the norm, like riding photons into brains.

>that's not how X works
>when talking about superman
You absolute mouth breathing retard. Its fucking Superman, stop trying to power scale him or his powers logically. He can do anything.