youtube.com/watch?v=Y1y8UnRfuqQ
twitter.com/RichardULZ/status/1149130154767048704
youtube.com/watch?v=v_U4in8WeS0
youtube.com/watch?v=civgUOommC8
youtu.be/QYkCmOS5zDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can you feel the love tonight?

Nope

What changes were there? Any like how Aladdin ended up with the genie becoming human and Jasmine becoming Sultaness?

Was it ever pointed out how Mufasa's hyenapartheid is fucked up?

almost none it's shot for shot but all the musical numbers are basically just them walking

Why the fuck did you see it
Like why

No story changes. Some scenes they added useless shit and the emotional scenes they shortened. Nala pushing Simva to thr ground when theybreunite to her telling him he needs to be king is like 10 sec.

No

I like going to the theatre

>I like to eat shit

Jesus. The one thing that could've saved this movie for me was Simba realizing his father wasn't perfect and that he would need to be his own king.

I hate the fictional concept of an "evil race" so fucking much.

The voice acting was god awful, everyone except Timon, Pumba and Sarabi sounds like they're reading an essay.
James Earl Jones was especially bad.
Scar was dogshit compared to Irons but gave the best performance.
Young Simba, adult Simba and adult Nala all sounded very black. "Get your hands off my mutha!"

They mention that hyena and lion have been at war since thecdawn of time. It's all fucking dumb.

What's the best/worst part of the film?

Did they ruin Timon and Pumbaa?

How about Zazu?

If the emotional scenes and Be Prepared are shortened, and there are no story changes, how the hell is this 30 minute longer than the original?

Oh, there are good hyenas, they just weren't interested in regicide and mooching off widows. Imagine that.

Attached: Jasiri-img.png (487x564, 278K)

Wait what? It actually is. In their version of Be prepared, Scar actually mention the existence of a regulation of meat hunting and how Scar will put an end to it for the Hyena. That imply the over-hunt deplete the kingdom's resources.

Worst is Mufasa's death I think. The way he falls down looks like a rag doll. No wait, the voice acting is the worst, it's legit one of thevworst I've heard. They also played a shitty pop song when Simba runs back to the pride lands.

Best, hmm, they had a running joke about a hyena getting into someobe else's private space. Pretty much the obly thing I liked now that I think about it.

Performances are worse, other than that they're pretty much the same. Instead of Timon doing the hula they start singing Be our guest until the hyenas start chasing them.

God awful

They add a bunch if useless scenes. Nala sneaking out of the pride lands to get help is several minutes long . They also add a bunch of extraneous dialogue to scenes.

Must have missed that. Sorry

You can't make realistic animals emote.

Attached: 0.gif (268x248, 2.84M)

Attached: 0.gif (500x268, 2.09M)

Nala: Simba?

Simba: Nala?!

Nala: *tackle* Look, you gotta come back. That asshole uncle of yours went and fucked EVERYTHING up!!

Simba: Nala, I can't go back.

Nala: Wait, what? WHY?!

Timon: He's our circle-jerk pivot-man!

Pumbaa: Yup!

Nala: ...huh? You...DEVIANTS stay out of this!!! What are they talking about?

Simba: It doesn't matter.

Nala: You HAVE to. *eyes cross, left eye blinks randomly* Jesus came and said it's a tax-free wekend, except for the computers, so I got mad, and we started shouting, then I tore his throat out with my teeth-

Simba: Nala, WHAT?

Nala: And I'm scared, cuz I'm telling you I stabbed that ukranian guy, and if I pass now, I'm gonna see him on the other side!

Simba: Wow...things MUST be bad. Ok, I'll come back.

>God awful
How so?

you can't make realistic animals emote.

Attached: 0.gif (268x160, 783K)

youtube.com/watch?v=kLQ6SRH90s4

Voice acting is bad, Oliver is not a good singer and since the animals are meant to be realistic we see a bird open it's beak and it looks like someone behind the camera was talking. At least the lions can kinda move their mouths. A beak can obly open and close

You can't make "realistic" animals emote.

Attached: 0.gif (500x358, 2.96M)

Attached: 0.gif (245x160, 1.42M)

Attached: 0.gif (245x135, 1.83M)

Attached: 0.gif (245x155, 1.13M)

How is the soundtrack? Anything noteworthy that stood out to you (maybe a good scene or shot)? I'm desperate to hear anything good about this movie, I was really hoping it would be good.

>they also played a shitty pop song when Simba runs back to the pride lands

NOOO RIP BUSA

Attached: 0.gif (500x209, 496K)

based narnia chad

Don't even have to use Narnia. The Jungle Book remake(by Favreau as well) had animals that emoted. But with the Lion King, he specifically said that he "wanted to make it feel like a safari"

does eric andre's character get more than 2 lines in the movie?

The songs are all for the worse and as I mentioned they added that shitty pop song, Spirit I think it was called.
The score was pretty much thecsame with some changes. The music during the stampede had the most changes, all for the worse which sucks since the original is so good. In this one it sounded like every ten seconds they took out 15 seconds of music. It was a bit jarring.

He has maybe 7 lines. He's the hyena I mentioned that intrudes on personal space.

youtube.com/watch?v=MCqZmh_ret0
they should have put this kino remix in
also the whole 2019 soundtrack is on youtube if you care to hear it

Does new Shenzi hold a candle to Whoopi's performance? Also, since realism is a thing in this one, did they make her larger than her sidekicks?

>Also, since realism is a thing in this one, did they make her larger than her sidekicks?
Come on, user, we all know that's not the question you wanted to ask.

Whoopi had more range in her performance I guess. I mentioned it before but it sounds like everyone in this movie is reading from an essay. You won't believe it until you see it.
This one they tried to add some background to her. Mufass knew her by name and stuff like that. I didn't think about the size.

Good taste. Been jamming to that today.

Did the audience laugh at Mufasa's fall because I sure did

How were Eichner and Rogen

No laughs but I genuinrly thought it was gunny.

Good banter, dialogue wise Timon was funnier in this one but ghe perfornances are worse than the original. They sounded bad ob Can you feel the love but good on In the jungle.

Btw In the jungle is basically a full number with other animals joining in.

ive been listening to it for like a week now
youtube.com/watch?v=I82PFHKgY2c

>hands

Lol might have been Get off my mutha

>I hate the fictional concept of an "evil race" so fucking much.

a rare sentiment here
also rare to see the concept being called fictional

Someone posted this in another thread som im reposting it

ou know how in the original, Rafiki grabs the wind-driven flower petals and realizes that Simba is alive?
>Well in the remake, a tuft of Simba's hair is carried by the wind, a couple of birds, eaten by a giraffe, shat out, turned into a poo ball for a rhino beetle, the poo ball breaks and the hair is picked up by an ant, and that ant just so happens to be part of a colony that leads to Rafiki's tree.

Attached: 23334212454553465767767576567567.jpg (225x224, 9K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yUioIn8rPPM
>that ending
kill me

>Well in the remake, a tuft of Simba's hair is carried by the wind, a couple of birds, eaten by a giraffe, shat out, turned into a poo ball for a rhino beetle, the poo ball breaks and the hair is picked up by an ant, and that ant just so happens to be part of a colony that leads to Rafiki's tree.
That's actually pretty good. Big improvement there.

>They also played a shitty pop song when Simba runs back to the pride lands.
God that was so stupid.
They also should've used "He Lives in You" as the outro song. I mean they did a version for the new soundtrack with Lebo M. They just never used it in the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=0j7mEsakUHQ

It goes on for over a minute

How many lines my boy Éric André have ?

The song was sung in broad daylight in the movie.

Attached: lioneyes.jpg (428x413, 48K)

>Find out Eric Andre is on the movie
>Sudden urge to go see it

Attached: 9e348a98f940aafeeff4937966a4c19a.jpg (649x366, 20K)

He had like less than 5 lines as a comic relief as one of the hyenas.

I wonder what is Elton John's opinion on the new movie.

>Scar just punches Mufasa off the cliff

Attached: 1561011937206.jpg (1268x707, 122K)

>Elton John also returned to rework his musical compositions from the original film before his retirement

He worked on it

They have zero self control and can't plan for the future. Without a check on their destructive impulses they'll devastate whatever environment they inhabit.

Sorry

user
Listen to me
The Nala scene
Tell me everything about the Nala scene
I need to know, man. Did they mess up the Nala scene? Did they remove it? TELL ME! THE NALA SCENE! EVERYTHING

Attached: 1539389231049.gif (287x216, 419K)

Simba grew up with more animals than just Timon and Pumba alone for some real reason. Like some kind of a strange hippy commune.
There was a Bat-eaed fox, some gazelle and one of these weird monkeys with these huge eyes, I forgot their name.

Attached: bat eared fox.jpg (1280x853, 291K)

In your opinion, will the new reunion scene between Simba and Nala create as many furries as the old one did?

>Scar just decks Mufasa in the face

Attached: 1533667765951.jpg (480x480, 34K)

If you're talking about the fuck me eyes then it's not in the movie

No way. It's basically two dead eyed cats walking next to each other

Attached: 0.gif (572x250, 3.46M)

>one of these weird monkeys with these huge eyes
An Aye-Aye, I believe.

Did they attempt Nala's come and get me eyes?

Which Nala scene?

see

Did they keep the Third Reich imagery in Be Prepared?

Hakuna matata?

I can't decide if this is a good thing because less furries, or a bad thing because that was just some good shit.
Oh well who cares, they're starting to realize that no one wants this shit.

Her entire screentime when she found Simba was awkwardly shortened.
Also, yeah her weird eye scene got cut

Seeing how they butcher the song, I doubt it.

>Song is all about making love at night
>Have it featured during the day

Attached: 1555036350439.gif (300x168, 262K)

CG from over a decade ago in the same era Robert Zemeckis kept releasing his PS1 zombie movies looks better than this puppet show made by DISNEY, jesus

>Can you feel the love tonight?
>sung in broad daylight

Attached: dude what.jpg (224x225, 11K)

>The fuck me eyes aren't in the movie
This movie is garbage

Attached: 1528818952830.jpg (750x500, 28K)

Yeah we know, but what about the hyenas?

It was strongly shortened.
Scar just walks around in that scene doing nothing.
Literally

No. Scar just walks around them. It's also the first time he meets the hyenas, they don't know him from before

Fuck this shit

>It's also the first time he meets the hyenas

Attached: 1527477111854.jpg (1200x691, 86K)

They don't even know who he is and he doesn't introduce himself. Just says he's gonna kill the king and sings the song.

Do you think it'll make a lot of money or will the negative critic reactions cause audiences to avoid it?

He's the new Ed its' not worth it

Make a shit ton of money

Attached: 1562198033106.jpg (300x300, 17K)

No, the sequence itself is super short too. The original song was like three minutes long, almost all of which was actual singing by Jeremy Irons. The new one is about... I wanna say 90 seconds tops and there's absolutely no actual singing in it, it's all that "speak-singing" bullshit where it's just 'guy-who-played Mordo in Doctor Strange' reading the lines out in an angry voice while loud music plays over it.

youtube.com/watch?v=BjsVRIqOhGA

Then WHY would they agree to a plan that could be just one big sting?

That's actually not bad, very Circle of Life.

It'll make a billion dollars, user.

Soccer moms don't care about good reviews or bad reviews, they don't care about faithful adaptations or unfaithful adaptations, they don't care about entertaining or shit. All they know is there's a Disney movie out and if they drop all their kids off to go see it they'll have two hours to go get a massage or a drink or fuck the gardener or something.

simply listen to the 2019 Be prepared song on youtube. He promises them he will lift the hunt restriction Mufasa put so that the mighty (implying the Hyena) can always have food.

Well, beats the subliminal SEX pollen.

Attached: Lionkg2.jpg (320x240, 14K)

>Scar is a glow in the dark CIA nigger
GREETINGS, FELLOW HYENAS! THAT SURE IS A NICE SCAVENGING PARTY YOU'RE HAVING. SAY, WHO WANTS TO ASSASSINATE THE RIGHTFUL KING?

I dunno - I liked that in the original it was more implied that the familiar scent and absent-mindedly reenacting the breaking of the fruit triggered a powerful memory. Now he's literally just looking at a shit-covered piece of hair and going HE'S ALIVE!!!

It comes across less as a wise sage with a deep connection to the character and more like a crazy homeless person in a back alley.

Yeah. Rafiki is SUPPOSED to be semi-magical, that's the whole point of his role.

It gets worse - they basically remove Rafiki's entire speech about the past, how it can be painful, but you can either run from your bad experiences or learn from them.

You remember - the fucking thesis of the entire film?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZfGTL2PY3E

twitter.com/twilightsthorn/status/1150647768341458945

There was no Zazu in that video.

Attached: 1344225312503.png (170x236, 13K)

The way he just kind of awkwardly slides off after the punch makes me laugh a lot.

Attached: 397463.png (500x565, 465K)

Attached: vNVI3RG.gif (720x404, 1.08M)

Jesus, there's no fucking emotion in any of this.
>No look of desperation from Mufasa as he begs for help
>No Scar snapping from calm to enraged and then into devious glee as he finally goes for the kill
>No Mufasa's look of abject terror at the betrayal
>No look of horror from Simba at the brutal death of his father
Mufasa doesn't emote. Scar doesn't emote. Simba looks like a kitten meowing at the edge of a table.

It's ironic, I honestly haven't given Lion King much thought as an adult beyond being a movie I liked when I was a kid. But hot damn, the lifelessness of this remake is giving me a whole new level of appreciation for it.

I rewatched it a coupled months ago and I was amazed at just how well it holds up - even without bullshit qualifiers like "for an animated film" or "for a kid's film". It's just a great film.

Dare I ask how they handled "I Just Can't Wait To Be King"?

When the fuck will Disney realize we don’t care about the live action shit? At LEAST Mulan will be more of a Maleficent kind of deal, as in the story is actually different and more accurate the the original story, which could fit the tone well, but still, I’m not hold my breath.

Attached: 95F3ECD9-E102-46F4-B2ED-830A327AFCD3.jpg (1200x860, 88K)

No added colors like in the original.
Its just Simba and Nala running through a savannah full of cgi animals.
Literally thats it.

How the fuck did they fuck that up?!?
How did they do Hakuna Matata?

Attached: B78BE286-2583-4C57-A2D5-2FED2A7A4B70.jpg (1104x1441, 395K)

They'll stop when they stop making money.

The only remake I'd be vaguely curious about is if they actually took the chance to make a more serious adaption of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, but I could never see that happening.

Attached: Like Fire, Hellfire.png (1366x768, 519K)

>When the fuck will Disney realize we don’t care about the live action shit?

They are making billions in the box office.

The only way you are going to stop this is if you start killing people. Fuck area 51. You need 300,000 people to storm Disney studios or whatever and start executing people.

You got what it takes Yea Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1y8UnRfuqQ
Not good. Also they did this for some reason, which completely changed the pace of the "Grub scene" in the song

Attacking random animators just trying to please their corporate overlords so they can feed their children won't solve anything.

literally soul vs souless
twitter.com/RichardULZ/status/1149130154767048704

With 300,000 people you could easily get ever single person from middle management all the way up the ceo's and board of directors. Just make Disney stop existing as an entity.

Obviously you couldn't even get like, eight people who care engorge to do this, much less the needed several thousand. So we are doomed to live action remakes forever until enough people die of starvation to no longer be able to support the infrastructure needed to make and distribute movies over the next 60 years or so.

Well, for one, Simba is singing "MAkuna Matata" instead of "HAkuna Matata"...downhill from there.

Holy shit I was listening to this and I thought it was all just a preamble to the actual song. He just keeps talking and the music never really kicks in, I check the time and its at a 1m30s. No soul compared to the original.

Its called "tact". Now dummy up before they figure out what we're after!

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's shit user complete and utter shit

The Leitmotifs were used more generously.
You hear the melody of "This Land" quite often. Even more than it was used in the original.
youtube.com/watch?v=v_U4in8WeS0
It feels like the score itself is saying "Remember that one Oscar winning Hans Zimmer music from the 90s, it was really great wasn't it?" directly into your face.

The "original story" is 5 lines long.

It'll definitely break even on nostalgia grounds alone

How badly does that new Beyonce song stick out?

youtube.com/watch?v=civgUOommC8

Sounds like really generic pop music. It sticks out of the strongly africa-themed soundtrack like a sore thumb.
I can only describe it as artificial Oscar bait "intended epicness".

>If you're talking about the fuck me eyes then it's not in the movie
Movie ruined.

>Reading through the thread knowing full well that lion king was going to be bad with just one desire to know the full extent.

Not disappoint at how much damage is done I know this won't dent disney but it sure is nice knowing their live action will always be shit.

Attached: 1543282176064.png (500x281, 123K)

>live action
The other live action adaptation at least had "acting" with real human beings. This is just 3D CGI Lion King

They used "he lives in you' for the stage version, its super fitting, I guess maybe that was the intention here but someone higher up thought they needed to put in a pop song that peole recognise or some shit.

>that peole recognise
Can't really be recognisable if it is originally made for the movie though

How does Scar die? Is Beyoncé terrible?

Was the music good at least? I already know that they butchered Mufasa's death scene.

>When stuffed animals have better emotions.

youtu.be/QYkCmOS5zDM

I like going to the ocean, but you don’t see me drinking ocean water. People like you are ruining hollywood

How was the Elephant bone Graveyard? Does it at least look good?

He looks like a fucking cat tumbling off my god damn couch

I love how it zooms out so they don't have to show us fucking anything.

If they really wanted a Beyoncé song in the soundtrack they should have just written one for Nala and given her a scene to sing it. This is so boring.

It's different for primates

Man I don't even really like Lion King that much, but this scene is so goddamn good. I'm guessing it was probably removed because it was too active and expressive.

yeah I'll give Disney that. They definitely are creating within me an all new appreciation for how good the original Lion King actually was.

>How does Scar die?
Exactly like it the original movie.
Shot for shot

Give your money to a studio that actually deserves your money. Preferably the one that just became a victim of arson.

Guys I like the eyes as much as the next person but there's no way they could show that on a real lion.

Was there anything interesting going on during the credits, or were they just an empty black background with text rolling like they were in the original movie? Any kind of interesting graphics or animations, or mid-credits/stinger stuff? What song played?

Of course other races are evil. One race in particular is a net loss on humanity and would fix like 50% of Western society if they disappeared tomorrow.
Which race? Well that depends on your political/radical affiliation. But the statement can be interpreted as true and regarding different races.

Then how do parrots work genius

Elton is a massive narcissistic douchebag so he's probably in denial about how bad the movie is since he played a part in making it.

Man if only they had animated this movie instead of patiently training real lions to do everything

You ever consider a career as a script writer? You might want to, cause the way Disney's headed, they'll be hiring your ass in a couple of years.

And I would watch a reboot with these lines in them.

So the user in this screenshot was posting complete bullshit, then? No portrayal of Scar as a tragic villain, and no messages of tolerance or equality?

I don't know if that's good or bad news to me. Changing the story for the purpose of forcing political commentary would've pissed me off, but at the same time, I also kinda feel like this user

Attached: ss (2018-03-06 at 18.01.24) - (297) _co_ - THE LION KING Live-Action Remake - Comics & Cartoons (1121x767, 206K)

>No portrayal of Scar as a tragic villain, and no messages of tolerance or equality?
Nope the story, even most the dialouge, was verbatim the same as the original.

The Mystical Powers of the Tiki Room

Wasn't in the original, Jeremy Irons couldn't sing the last part due to it was too high for him so Jim Cummings have to sing those part. He mimic Jeremy so good that no one notice it for a long time.

Kyoto Animation. Big F, those guys are legitimately legendary.

Jesus fucking christ this is just...
Boring. Bland. Awful.
I can play Lion King, up the audio, minimize the screen, and play a muted video of Animal Planet's fucking Africa and get the same effect I suspect.

Attached: 1456420207288.jpg (698x672, 26K)

Wait wait wait...
This super inspirational speech, the copy+paste for facebook Bait scene, the scene that cemented Rafiki's character and gave him a major purpose in the film, and the apex point to motivate Simba to get his shit moving....
Was Cut?

Who the fuck was on the planning committee?

Attached: 1477206298796.png (591x447, 238K)

> someone higher up thought they needed to put in a pop song that peole recognise or some shit.
>But not using the only Recognizable Famous song to ever come out of a Disney -Direct to VHS SEQUEL-

Higher up or not, someone decided that a Disney Movie needed a mainstream pop song in their movie in stead of a timeless and emotional song.

Attached: 1490151960872.gif (680x570, 1.25M)

Someone also decided to make this movie in the first place which was an arguably worse decision

The fact that Disney is going to make a gazillion dollars from this shitty remake while KyoAni, probably the healthiest place you could have worked at in Japan, will be lucky to survive 2 years after almost getting nominated for Oscar thanks to some retard foamer makes me legitimately mad.

This will be graphics in 2013

Attached: IMG_2019-07-18_13-11-38.jpg (1080x1080, 566K)

Was any of his stuff actually funny? Eric is like the only reason I'd ever watch this.

>All of that Scar details story-wise.
We've been robbed of KINO.

Nope

Attached: lion.webm (853x480, 482K)

Jesus, the difference in the shown emotions

Attached: 1510713741744.gif (430x516, 1.07M)

Is this talked to transformer?

Um, user...?

More precisely, Irons tore his vocal chords on "You won't get a sniff without me". The rest was Jim Cummings.

...who? Post SOBER, guy. And fuck Tranformers. I was a Gi Joe kid.

America then
>Our villains are fucking evil, just like nazis!
America now
>There are good people in both sides

Attached: circleoflife.gif (480x360, 2.66M)

Why has everything out of Disney except marvel been extremely poorly planned? I don't get how such a big company can fuck up so badly in the planning department

>60% of critics like it

I guess we now how many are in disney's pocket now

The new song he sings for the soundtrack fucking sucks

Mulan's just switching out their old made up shit for new made up shit. Like the new villain is an evil witch and Mushu's been replaced by a phoenix, neither of which show up in any of the folkloric versions.

>you can barely tell when it changes from Simba to Mufasa's face
Just amazing.

Attached: lookathimlookathimandlaugh.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

Can you make a split scene of this and the one in the original? maybe a final shot with a reaction from Timon and/or Pumba to paralell Martin Lawrence's.

Attached: Gladsied.png (232x309, 184K)