Hickman confirming that X-Men matter again and that they were being sidelined for a decade

Hickman confirming that X-Men matter again and that they were being sidelined for a decade

Attached: House of X-Powers of X Free Previews-002.jpg (696x1070, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w9jEmJww2dQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

post "BASED HICKMAN" or your mother will die at sleep tonight

Based Hickman

Based hickman

hickman, I love you and I want you to impregnate me

Based Hickman

BASED HICKMAN

these anons know

this user is sick and misguided

Attached: House of X-Powers of X Free Previews-015.jpg (696x1070, 184K)

YES YES YES
MY BODY IS READY
COME AND TAKE ME

Based Hickman

Based Hickman

Attached: 1558388112321.jpg (828x869, 178K)

I hate my mother though

Based Hickman

Like you need to twist my arm for it

Based Hickman

you can and you should praise hickman

Based Hickman!!!!

Hopefully we will see Doom becoming omnipotent in the very first arc.

Shut up Tommy

...based Hickman

It's going to be Magneto

BASED

based hickman

LIFE IS LIFE NA NAH NAH NA NAH
PARA BAM BOOM BOOM LIFE!

every time I read an interview with a professional writer/artist they always say that it was x-men that made them fall in love with comic books

>Upon witnessing Sinistro torturing children and killing young heroes, the X-Men go: "we want this guy taking care of our youngsters".
KINO! KINO! KINO! KINO! MAKE MINE MARVEL!!!!

Based Hickman.

Attached: cyclops_was_right_by_tloessy-d5r5tgr.png (432x648, 23K)

Based Hickman

it was always yours. but now it's the time

Everyone saying Based Hickman is going to turn on him and call him Hackman the moment he writes something that they don’t like dealing with Cyclops or some other character

Hickman is not a characterfag. Despite what incels say he made Doom lose in a really humiliating and in-character way at the end of Secret Wars, by realizing he is second to Reed. The fact that he actually thinks logically what certain characters would do and say based on their characteristics and plot is why he is such a great writer.

any recommendations to get me into modern xmen?

BASED AND I FUCKING REALLY MEAN IT
I LOVE YOU user

>The fact that he actually thinks logically what certain characters would do and say based on their characteristics and plot is why he is such a great writer.
As opposed to what?

BASED Hickman

no, you are on your own

Fuck no, avoid at all costs for your own sanity.

Grant Morrison's New X-Men
Mike Carey's X-Men v2 and X-Men Legacy

As opposed to a CERTAIN other writer who has clear favorites and he makes a point to only have those favorites be cool and everyone else lame even if it means its out of character.

yeah, if you want to hate x-men for sure, try these

FUCKING EVER MORE BASED. ENOUGH. I'M GOING TO CUM HARD RIGHT NOW AND NOBODY IS GOING TO STOP ME

when did xmen stop being good?

This is just sad

Attached: 7cf(2).jpg (480x600, 53K)

>hickmanfags celebrating like the rest of Marvel isn't in the shitter

Attached: 1555624036776.jpg (1200x906, 92K)

WHEN QUESADA TOOK OVER

too late, the cum is gone. what are you going to do about it? hm? user?

>implying it isn't hickman doing a miracle
your poor user of poor faith

I had a dog like this one once. He died

Compared to DC right now it's really not.
Marvels got IH, HicX-Men, Dr Strange and Venom alongside stuff like Grand Design and Life Story
DCs got PriestStroke and The Green Lantern, that's about it

Decimation

Astonishing X-Men by joss whedon

>Literally years and years of ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOM
>Doom single-handily fights against 3 Celestials at the same time, something not even Odin can do
>Doom also destroys all Molecule Men in the Multiverse
>Doom also destroys an army of omnipotent beings easily
>Heroes trust and love Doom so much that they want Doom to raise their children
>"H-Hickman totally don't write Doom like a pet character. It's all very logical and well-written."

The moment Stan and Jack left the god damn book, they were the bees knees dammit!

>Venom
>good
Is there a better written villain than Knull, in your opinion?

Based Hickman

>Grand Design and Life Story
Literally what

Based hickman

Another retelling of Claremont's X-Men and another "Sue Storm chetas on her husband with Namor" story.

You know how Marvel fans love those.

Sectet Wars builds Doom up only to take it away from him by having him admit Reed is the better man and that even though Reed could save everyone and does it only after Doom has his power forcibly taken by Molecule Man

>drones love reboots and cuckoldry
Sounds about right

Just read New X-Men, Astonishing X-Men. If you want to follow the story from there leading up to this, then read "House of M", "Messiah Complex", "Schism", concluding with the first and final arcs from All-New and Uncanny X-men by Bendis. All of these are shit, but at least you'll have some point of refrence.

Reed does shit in Secret Wars. Like, he literally does nothing.

He fails to stop the incursions, fails to understand them, fails to save his family, he fails at everything. Every single one.

If Doom did not say "Actually, Reed is better than me", and if Molecule Man hadn't heard it, then that would be the end of Reed, the Cucked. Cucked out of his wife, his son, his daughter, his friends, even his science.

Reed is not the one that fights the Celestials, or the Beyonders, or the Molecule Men, or the one who is all hope. He is just the guy that built the bomb that destroyed the Great Society-Earth, and that is the end of his contribution.

One thing that people fail to understand is that both FF and Avengers were jobs. X-Men, Hickman loves them. He's going to rape them so hard you're not going to believe that

Does he still do the "uh-huh" shit? It's distracting.

The only hickman series ive read was secret wars, any other recommendations by him to get to know his style better?

It's alright, i read it more for the Eddie characterization, certainly better than Apex Lex shit that's going on

Actually it's DC that loves reboots you casual

>cates waid
>good

found the marvel shill.

yes

Hickman's Fantastic Four was the first "Doctor Doom becomes a God" story written by Hickman. You might like it.

It was also the story in which Reed and Sue, upon hearing that Doom, the torturer of Franklin, had just murdered the daughter of their friend Scott Lang, decided that Doom should raise their daughter. Marvel fans called it "excellent writing".

BASED HICKMAN

Based hickman

I'm only saying this because I love my mom.

Based Hickman

>Based Hickman

Attached: C9M3NSXXoAA1U95.jpg (930x930, 217K)

W-Wolverinebros...

Does he likes Cyclops thougth?

And because you believe a fucking Yea Forums post could kill her?
This chain mail shitposting is cancer.

yes, you fucking cuck

It's okay, nothing makes Slim lamer than when writers try super hard to make him cool.

Sounds like something you would read on a Hulk book.

here he is, here's that asshole again
but yeah, your mother is going to die tonight

BASED Hickman is BASED!

>unknown secret history of mutants

TRANSLATION: Feige needed a back door to write mutants into the MCU so Hickman made one.

V=BASED

Ok I'm convinced. Based Hickman.

My mother died long ago. Shitman.

Nothing & nobody in the Marvel universe matters when no progress is permanent.

Based Hickman

Ah yes, I'm the asshole, not the fags who invite spamming and people who give it to them because they're dumb as bricks.
My mom didn't die the 9000 previous times, clearly she's an elder goddess.

GOOD. BASED HICKMAN

>i am the unfunny cunt
try to live user, stop tormenting yourself

user, understand that marvelfags are desperate. Very desperate.

>sipping wine
chardonay? bateau blanc?

same as
i don't know who the hell this guy is, i clicked into the thread randomly on a whim
"BASED HICKMAN"

Nah it's something that Milligan/Nicieza/Carey have been trying to do for two decades.

Chateau Lafitte, pleb.

That's a fucking good costume. Based Hickman.

You have the shittiest idea of "funny" if you think that shit is still funny every time despite predating the internet by decades.

Grand Design is not a reboot and anyone who doesn’t know about it but comes into an X thread and shits on it should probably gas themself

BASED HICKMAN

God damn it now i have to buy your book, Hickman

>lafitte
>calls other people pleb
how typical

BASED HICKMAN

why was it deleted?
BASED HICKMAN

because some tranny thought that it's more appropriate to delete some random post, instead of some actual flamebait. yup, Yea Forums, your mods suck, literally, they suck dicks for a living

FUCK SJWS
BASED HICKMAN

>Marvel sabotaged the most successful part of there franchise because fox had the movie rights

And I love Cyclops.

If iceman still gay, not buying

Marvel already sabotaged themselves with House of M and No More Mutants.

a quote from hickman himself
>“I think one of the big mistakes that some people make at Marvel Comics is that we are reactive to what they’re doing in the Marvel films,” Hickman says. “We should not be taking our creative cues from the direction they’re taking things in the movies. That kind of defeats the point. They have a billion dollars to play with, and we don’t. You can’t compete in that matter, and you shouldn’t. My argument has been [that] I should always be way out in front of that stuff. All of that stuff is being drawn from source material. It goes back to, are you being destructive or are you being additive? If you’re being additive and you’re on the big books, it’s inevitable that some of that stuff is going to get used. When Marvel films gets around to the X-Men and we’ve done interesting stuff and they want to use it, that’s awesome. If they don’t, then they don’t. One makes your job expendable, the other one makes you priceless. I like having value to my work.”

>not liking Waid strange

the worst part of it is that they admit to that

Goddammit, Hickman really loves the x-men, doesn't he?

theme
youtube.com/watch?v=w9jEmJww2dQ

bump

Start with Bendis and ignore everything else. Bendis does.

brutal

When Claremont left. Then it got okay with the LSD Fever dream of House of M and Decimation, then it was flushed down the Marvel Memory Hole and here we are today!

Hickman just said that the x-men should be good again. should I trust him?

just one A from hackman, so maximum doubt

maximum carnage, same year

I have no faith desu

>atheists BTFO

Hi Tommy, don't you have threads to make?

Just like Sonic, nobody can ever tell you. People will have a preference for what they read in their childhood/teenager years, but X-men have been on a Continuous cycle of decline for many years since... Forever? Not even Stan had the interest to write them well. Claremont and Morrison were their highest point in many years, but it was surrounded by mediocrity.

B-but, Yea Forums told me Hickman is a hack. Why did you lie to me Yea Forums, WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME?

hear that

Morrison got a job

I like the nickname Hackman

ENTER CHADCLOPS

Attached: daddy's home.jpg (768x880, 97K)

Hickman's not a hack but he's not perfect. His Avengers runs were good but they were flawed.

I agree. But he is still better than so many of the other people they have hired especially Guggenheim/Bendis/Rosenberg. And he is Marvel's last ditch attempt to save the X-Men books.

Current day Marvel just doesn't have the wealth of choices they had years back. For example they had Remender who was once upon a time slated to write Extraordinary X-Men. Now they are scrapping at the bottom of the barrel with people like Brisson and fast running out of talented people.

THAT'S RIGHT

will the rest come back as well
excalibur, x-force, x-factor, generation-x..ect?

We'll find out at SDCC what the post HoX/PoX line-up is

We've heard this like three times during the last decade

reboot x-men
who will be FTM
who will be MTF

all i needed, this will be the first Marvel comic i read in like 2 years, need to try Immortal Hulk as well

for a really recent time, basically Marvel NOW! Legacy with Legion was just about the only really bright spot in that time. Prior to that you had a lot of books doing a lot of fun things.