Is it a good ship? Was it executed well? Be honest, Yea Forums

Is it a good ship? Was it executed well? Be honest, Yea Forums.

Attached: left4fin.png (721x410, 26K)

someone get the copypasta

Nothing about Adventure Time past season three was executed properly.

No, its dare i say one of the worst ships ever

Attached: D23774CE-AB77-4B62-9ABB-24466A524691.jpg (1998x1510, 369K)

It was there. I didn't particularly find it bad or great given some semblance of hints here and there.

What was shit is Finn getting screwed over for all the gay shit (not even in the romantic sense, just in general).

I wish Princess Bubblegum would execute me well

this?

I'd love people's reasons to why they like or hate the ship. I need closure god dammit. I watched Elk's review of the finale and he just said "U DONT LIKE IT CAUSE YOU HATE THE GAYS!!! THE SWEET BEAUTIFUL GAYS!!"

does pic related change your mind, user?

Attached: file.png (1873x544, 642K)

Yes. It's mostly hated by people who wanted Finn to hook up with one of them and are pissy about it not happening.

Why's it good?

The destination was nice.
The journey was incredibly stupid and meandering but I don’t care much

What if people were fine with him getting with Flame Princess or Huntress Wizard but don't like those relationships getting shafted and shit on?

>I watched Elk's review of the finale and he just said "U DONT LIKE IT CAUSE YOU HATE THE GAYS!!! THE SWEET BEAUTIFUL GAYS!!"
If dykes werent such terrible people maybe i wouldnt hate them so mich
>liking bubbiline

Attached: B23DDC0B-A9E5-4ED0-B09A-84180B76EBFC.jpg (512x512, 53K)

Still say Finn should have just stuck with the humans. Would have most likely happened in the comics too if the designated human ambassador to Ooo wasn't an idiot and sabotaged himself

Attached: Big E.jpg (300x535, 103K)

The destination was ass, user.

There were hints towards a previous relationship for a while and their current relationship was kept quiet and drama-free unlike how fucked Phoebe and Finn got.
FP's relationship getting tanked for drama had jack shit to do with Bubbline.

I was more thinking of the one about how Marceline and PB's relationship would become as toxic as a landfill

How do we stop dykeshit, bros.

Back in the midterms last nov i voted all red for the first time mainly out of spite because of the AT finale, why do the writers continue to push this dyke shit when its radicalizing people against them?

Make nonstop threads about it and scream constantly in unrelated threads

From the fanart I’ve seen that’s not a bad choice

Stop giving them free passes, attacking them in the media more

“Hints” doesn’t cover the assbackward lore and logic gaps as explained in . Hints placed in because of shipfags and possibly political reasons as well judging by many of the writer’s twitter accounts.

Jake and Lady have hints. Finn and PB/FP had hints before they ranked the two for god knows what reasoning. It’s all about execution in which Bubbline was garbo.

>had jackshit to do with bubbline
FP was created to take PB’s place as love interest for Finn

We aren’t talking about fan artists and their crummy fanart though

>jerking off to lesbians

Attached: F65FA9AE-B3B9-4C1D-BE69-00C6E050E120.jpg (696x392, 51K)

Right. We’re trading meaningless statements of “I liked this” and “I didn’t like this”, and will do so until we hit cap. Your turn

Sorry about your thread in advance OP.

Gaps in show logic aren't meaningless

Sorry, but some autist sperging out because he takes cartoon romance too seriously doesn't mean anything to me.
It's cute, there was some set up to the ship, and I like it, so we'll have to agree to disagree.
>FP was created to take PB’s place as love interest for Finn
And she was fine until the writers decided that Finn shouldn't be happy.

>durr i think cuckolding the male MC is cute because i hate my self worth
>i love the matriarchy
Always kill a traitor before an enemy, jimbo

a great friendship, yeah. they went from longing to actually spend time together, after a brief meeting in the distant past that left an impression but each assumed 'oh this bitch thinks she's too good for me' ... to actually getting along great and having a companionship that rivals finn and jake
it's weird some people can't separate that from romance, but oh well, can't blame them.
i do, however, blame the retards who misread the situation so bad they think there was a past relationship. they made it pretty clear there wasn't, but each wanted to hang out.

Sure I can get behind you saying "its cute" but the setup is incredibly flawed and backhands Finn regardless if you're a shipfag or not as we agree on Flame Princess and how she was handled. again see >they made it pretty clear there wasn't
how so? And how do you take episodes like Too Young into account despite all the history with Marceline and the new PB lore?

>a great friendship
FP and Cinnamonbun have a great friendship. So does Ice King and Abracadaniel. Can you give me something more solid?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-07-16-22h12m36s695.png (1920x1080, 714K)

>Is it a good ship
Sure
>Was it executed well
Not at all. Though basically by the time they had the balls to make it canon they'd gutted and changed the characters so significantly that they don't even carry the same appeal they did in the first 2-3 seasons.

Considering it was never supposed to exist in the first place and got ham-fisted in about halfway through the series... no.

>cuckolding the male MC
And there it is. The Fubblegumfag proves me right.
Why are you sad losers always the ones who throw a tantrum when Bubbline is mentioned? Did you self-insert as Finn or something?

They want to fuck Finn, not self insert. I still think bubbline is dog shit though, there’s better yuri shit out there and bubbline is just bad.

When two women are on screen together, they’re just friends.

When a man and a woman are on screen together, they want to fuck and also the man is me.

Is that so hard to understand?

Why was Finn naked in the show and they had no problem showing his naked butt, but never did that with PB or Marceline?
So much for equality.

Attached: 1540485831981.png (586x440, 274K)

It's ironic or your some of the biggest losers of all the carbono-based lifeforms in the universe.

But the show is open to all fair criticism once it went lore heavy.

Why is it good? Cause it's lesbians? I suppose the whole "rivals turning into friends turning into lovers" thing is why people like it, but the way it was handled, changing things around so drastically just sours me along with Finn getting incredibly fucked over.

I could see myself liking early seasons Bubbline granted Finn doesn't get dicked.

Would it be bad if someone self inserted as Marceline and the series got cut off at Mortal Recoil? Why write off any criticism as self inserting? Legitimately, tell me why Finn was told one thing and Marceline is allowed to skip past said rule strictly from a storytelling standpoint?

I'm afraid I don't follow so unfortunately, yes.

I'm not really a shipfag and will happily agree that it could have been executed better, but the writers were pussies and only allowed hinting until the very end so it's not like there was much of a chance of that. It's still executed well relative to how they fumbled every other relationship in the series, though.
The FP breakup was the point that I accepted that they would never allow Finn having a good romance, and so should have everyone else.

Is that pic @'s?

>Is it a good ship?
Yes
>Was it executed well?
Couldn’t tell you, I’ve seen maybe five minutes of the show total and I doubt it was even in chronological order

>>Is it a good ship?
>Yes
Hahaha.

>changing things around so drastically just sours me along with Finn getting incredibly fucked over
Well for one, I thought they'd be cute together since that one singing episode so it's not exactly something I associate with AT's later seasons. Secondly I honestly never saw Finn and PB working. She was like...the Zelda to his Link. They work good together but I can't see them in any deeper relationship than the one they currently have. In that same way Marceline always gave me "cool big sister" vibes. If anything I'm much more pissed about the shitshow that was Flame Princess. Giving Finn someone his age that was a reformed evil character was both cool and a way to let him move on from PB. But naw they just broke them up in a way that ENTIRELY paints Finn as the bad guy and then has her fuck off for the rest of the series in the fire kingdom with Cinnamon Bun. Not to mention how uncomfortable the post-breakup Finn is for so long. Compared to that I don't really care if Marceline and Bubblegum are a thing.

Attached: 1487542388394.png (1280x720, 758K)

>It's still executed well relative to how they fumbled every other relationship in the series, though.
Sky Witch, Varmints, Broke His Crown, Stakes and the finale is what you're likely getting at. All episodes as to where Finn was incompetent or had his role mitigated so the two of them could interact away from him. It just feels like those types of fanfics where one character turns into a prick or dies so the writer's ship can happen. Not to mention Marcy not coming in when he had Dad problems and was depressed.

>Marcy does something that annoys PB x3
>PB tries to get job done but is acting too much of a prude in Marcy's eyes and tries to get her to lighten up
>solves whatever conflict is nagging them and insert sentimental moment towards the end
>rinse and repeat

"They actually had a relationship for hundreds of years now shut up and watch them kiss. No, Finn you can't ask questions to why said rules don't apply to Marcy." isn't really appealing to me. Not to mention the whole ship piggybacks off of "PB is too by the books and strict" when she absolutely was the opposite of that in the earlier seasons by going to Movie Nights and having bouncing tea parties. She was even doing magic before they wanted her to go full bitch on that end too. nah

Why? Cause it looks nice? Seems pretty bare bones to me.

>nah
Whose is it then? PB's face feels quite familiar, but it's been too long since Yea Forums's AT drawthreads for me to remember

>Cause it looks nice?
Yep, I was going to binge the show later but seeing as people are still debating it I think I’ll wait. Not interested in defending any particular position and actually knowing canon would spoil that.
I know from past experience that it’s a heavy burden so I choose to just enjoy art.
I wish all you AT fans the best regardless of what opinions you hold.
Namaste

It is hard for me to take it seriously when they were so adamantly against it before the finale. Even making fun of people that shipped it and flat out said at cons there was nothing there.
It feel deceitful and soulless.

based clueless respectful user

I stopped caring about the show long before to care.

Because America.

>Finn and PB working. She was like...the Zelda to his Link.
Despite Finn's immaturity, child nature and whatever "flaws" people present as a means of saying it wouldn't work, he still made PB fall for him given all the new lore including the suitors and Marceline not to mention she was quite intelligent at 13 and by no means lost any mental functionality (episode Bonnibel Bubblegum.) That's not shippertalk, that's the show point blank. I'm not sure why they even wanted to insinuate anything going on between them if they were just going to stomp on it later on down the line (like FP)

>but I can't see them in any deeper relationship than the one they currently have
Would it be a stretch to say she would've snatched him up at 16 given all the HINTS (Ricardio, The Real You, The Enchiridion, To Cut A Woman's Hair leading up to Mortal Folly/Recoil)

"Are you trying to make yourself 18 again?" (despite all the history listed above)

The correct answer from PB given all the new lore would be to get back to being 18 ASAP and saying "Yeah." just in case something shitty happened, or refute Finn's crush on her during the many possible times she could have done so in the episode.

The problem with PB and FP were them getting shitcanned so they could get them out of the way for whatever reasons they had. Opting to given Finn some ludicrous "maturity" arc instead of having an organic fallout with the two.

Again I stress this is from what the show shows us as viewers and not "omg fuckin' lesbians making my life miserable I hope they all die!!1!!"

Attached: frank n finn.png (640x360, 160K)

>made PB fall for him
Literally when?

Mortal Recoil and Too Young.

You're still clinging to her palling with him when she was regressed to a literal child as romantic? They were being buddies.
And don't forget that she dropped him like hot garbage as soon as she grew up again.

The writers turned PB into a sociopath and murderer, I’m not sure I want her to be dating anyone after the shift in characterization,

I want to watch PB dictator mode and humans fight back against oppression.

Adult PB isn’t a pedophile, but young PB is a normal hormonal teenage girl so of course she was attracted to the similarly aged Finn, duh.

Everyone went insane and some gays fell out of the chaos. I guess things could be worse

You keep saying "The new Lore" and I can't for the life of me figure out what in particular you're referring to. Especially since your argument kinda refers to really old lore.

Finn/Bubblegum was shit after too young , like its the perfect send off
Marcy/Finn was stupid
They have a perfect couple with Finn/FP but muh drama!!

This couple is more like a last gift to the liberal people.
S5 onwards the entire show lack direction

>clinging
Not when it was the show presented.

>They were being buddies.
That's a hard reach from your end my man. Taking his hand in hers, not wanting to go back to being 18 and literally saying she wants to stay with him, resting her head on his shoulder with a sigh of relief and the kiss (when only the hug was necessary) is enough evidence to shoot down your argument.

>And don't forget that she dropped him like hot garbage as soon as she grew up again.
This was the episode where the writers wanted her to age back up and the writers even admit they went back to "status quo" in the commentary. There was no going around it and we got what they drew up.

By "New Lore" I am referring to everything introduced after The Vault where it's revealed PB was actually over 800 which contradicts background stuff like and her ever having a single strand of interest in Finn.

What does it contradict?

the libtards won bros.... it's over......

The preschool aged PB with her crown and royal dress on. PB didn't even start creating the candy kingdom until she was an adult. PB in Bonnibel Bubblegum neither had the crown or dress at her disposal at 13 (she was a straggler.)

I mean she could've just. Put on a crown and dress.

Stop making excuses for bad writing.

Can you tell me why Marceline or PB never told each other about Simon actually being the Ice King and Gumbald if they were such close friends for hundreds of years?

Then where's the preschool sized dress now if she still kept her baby teeth for all those years?

Speaking of Baby teeth, it's a wonder how we never heard Neddy squeal in the earlier seasons with as much chaos that went on in the Candy Kingdom.

Finn being alone is not the fault of Bubbline.
Marceline not hanging out with Finn is not the fault of Bubbline.
Considering how much of a directionless and unfocused mess AT was, the ship was done very well. I was surprised we got as many moments/episodes as we did. Most of the time the show wanted to do something experimental instead of building upon the characters/ideas they already had. I'm glad we got this (for once) satisfying romance with great implicit storytelling.

that's fine and dandy that you think it "was handled very well" but how about you elaborate given all the stuff discussed ITT

>Explain why these scenes weren't written, storyboarded and aired!
That's not what a plot hole is

You're the one insinuating she just put on a random dress and tiara, now prove it by saying how and where she got it and what happened to it.

If PB and Marceline were REALLY in love, they would have kissed at LEAST ten times!

Refute me!

Now!

No I'm somebody else just dropping in to make fun of you, sorry for the confusion
Asking anyone to prove a hypothetical means you get laughed at

What about the episode where Marceline sucks PB's ass dry while Finn quietly masturbates in the corner?

Nobody's saying they aren't, dillweed.

Oh don't worry I'm laughing at you right now too

at least post cute art while you vomit fanfiction at each other

girls not wanting to sleep with you doesnt make them terrible, faggot. your life would be better if you stopped blaming other people for being a shit person.
or you could just kill yourself. that also works.

what about the episode where you kys

Silence. They have personally wronged me, and so they ALL must be punished. I shall mete out this punishment by yelling about cartoon gays online daily.
They'll wish they never crossed me.

Nice shitpost but can you actually converse instead of being retarded

>Is it a good ship?
No such thing as a good "ship"
>Was it executed well?
Of fucking course not, retard.

About what? Aren't we just doing this? Pick something you dislike.
Got it?
Well, I like it.

>all art is bad

>all relationships are bad

Some extremely hot takes in this awful, awful thread.
Who's next?

it is, insofar as the entirety of the final at seasons are kinda trash in general. yeah, it sucks that finn gets nothing, but i dont really see that as an issue with bubbline. the ship itself has some nice buildup as the series progresses. it was a refreshing change of pace to see them (i.e rebecca sugar and thats it) handle the characters with some degree of maturity, even if everyone else gets the metaphorical shaft.
the hate for bubbline is really just a hatred for no definitive happy ending for finn. if he got that, everyone would think the ship is at least good.

I don't have a clear picture of this show from beginning to end in my head.
To get one, I'd have to rewatch the whole thing.
And for some reason, I don't wanna.

Attached: mu.png (240x240, 53K)

Attached: 40000.png (256x384, 135K)

Yet you're still in this thread and in a downward spiral of pouty shitposting. Ya got nothing as far as I'm concerned.

It isn't and I wouldn't say it is given the posts upwards in the thread being practically built off of a retcon, hundreds of years of interactions supplanting Finn's time with PB and fan shipping. You're free to dispute, though.

>ship itself has some nice buildup
where? all I see is angst angst angst

Ok I will elaborate. They pulled off an endearing story about two girls who were very close, then had a falling out, but still cared about each other. Over time they grew less reluctant to admit the latter to themselves and each other. They reminisce about their relationship, figure out how it changed and how they changed, and decide they want to make amends. They have been around for a long time together, and once again they learn to depend on and support each other. The two share important things and people between them, even when it's hard. They remind each other that they will never be alone and show they want to stay together and protect each other.

Fredfag and others being mad about Finn "getting cucked" lends nothing to the discussion of the relationship. Basedboy pics are dismissive without a good reason. "Lesbians being terrible" is irrelevant for fiction.

This mindset is bizarre and yet strangely appealing

>off a retcon
this has been hinted at heavily since season 4. maybe they did a light retcon at the very beginning, but don't act as if this trend is something that just came out of the blue. if you didn't see it, it's because you didn't want to. a ton of us saw the writing on the wall.
>the posts upwards
are all hilarious cope and little substance. its the same regurgitated point of retard contention that is manifesting itself as bubbline hatred when it's actually just being pissed about finn. and it's totally fine to be pissed about finn, or not like bubbline, but just call it out for what it is. this dumb level of needing to justify not liking something totally innocuous says more about you than you think it does.
>all i see is angst angst angst
yeah see if thats all you saw then it's what you wanted to see. i guess i could recommend you go back and watch those episodes and take a look at them through a fresh lens. they have ELEMENTS of angst, and some of them are just full on, but reducing them to that in there entirety is reductionist to a stunning degree.

>all I see is angst angst angst
So...you saw it, but just didn't care for it? That's fine. It sounds like we agree then

Attached: marceline's closet.jpg (1024x576, 459K)

>the same show that had evil pigs in construction hats, birthed form a bean stalk neighboring another that had infinite icecream that Jake used for an icecream eating marathon. Had the audacity to virtue signal to lesbians and all shippers alike
Like holy shit, how can liberal arts students not see what made Adventure Time a good CARTOON and not an art film project?

Attached: 1534201604513.gif (350x335, 1.17M)

>Finn is literally in the closet
>But it’s a girl’s closet
I don’t understand this metaphor

Isn't that the fuckhead who made Y2K?

That's a lot of fluff for a barebones relationship. I compare it to Finn and Jake lightening up on Simon over the series, which was better than Bubbline. What about it is endearing? One of PB's many gifts being more sentimental than Simon after IRY? What about all the stuff in and that goes for you too: At least you're honest about it. I appreciate that.

>this has been hinted at heavily since season 4.
Where in season 4? Princess Cookie? Doesn't refute the image or other royalty in the pictures.

>maybe they did a light retcon at the very beginning
Writing off a big part of Finn's characterization for 2 seasons, which carried forward way into Season 8 with elements and PB's backstory when the show is now deep in "maturity" isn't a "light retcon"

>but don't act as if this trend is something that just came out of the blue. if you didn't see it, it's because you didn't want to. a ton of us saw the writing on the wall.
What are you getting at? PB being immortal? I strongly disagree. See posts above.

>"A ton of...-"
Proof? Archive link? According to an interview and DVD commentary plenty of people were slighted with PB again back up.

>are all hilarious cope and little substance.
Then disprove it instead of using the word "cope." After all its a word used for shitposts a lot here. I can say "cope" with my posts and we get nowhere.

>regurgitated point of retard contention blah blah
How about you refute instead of trying to put words in my mouth or create a strawman of sorts.

>innocuous
Harmful to PB's character, yes.

>they have ELEMENTS of angst,
And elements of angst here and there does not create a good romantic relationship. As we've seen with Finn many times, relationships fall apart all the time and angst isn't everything.

Yeah, it was pretty well done. I liked how they both helped each other grow as people before they got together. It was really nice seeing how emotionally open the two were with each other at the end compared to earlier in the series.

What's what the Open Mouth pose that every guy does nowadays?

I'm not reading all that autism.

Then i'll be a dick only to you and say enjoy liking a ship that caters to your low IQ.

People that use social media are the most miserable people on the planet so they have to fake and exaggerate all of their reactions to hide the fact that they're emotionally dead inside.

You sound insecure.

>I liked how they both helped each other grow as people
They're thousands of years old, being co-dependent after all this time is a huge red flag.

You sound as if you can't defend it.

Helping one another better themselves is not being co-dependent. Every relationship should make both people want to better themselves. If anything, their problem is not depending on each other enough.

It was literally memed into reality
and here's a typical Yea Forumsumblr post

>I need a gf after being centuries of years old to grow up
how is that not both retarded/being codependent
What does PB need to grow? Learning that being a manipulative tyrant is bad?

Attached: 1533266029052.jpg (166x160, 5K)

Hey hey, its painfully obviously she never saw any manipulative tyrants during her 800 years of being a live and hundreds of years as ruler of the Candy Kingdom. /s she also didn't know any better when manipulating Finn's crush on her

>What does PB need to grow?
The relationship helped both of them not to be so emotionally retarded and closed off. And it doesn't matter how old you are, no one is perfect, and there's always room for improvement.

>The relationship helped both of them not to be so emotionally retarded and closed off.
How and why, they both literally have social connections outside their relationship/kingdom.
>And it doesn't matter how old you are, no one is perfect
God, break out the hair dye already, age comes with wisdom. Something these writers left out of these two that you're trying to cope with given all these ass pulling excuses. Also

Attached: 1558303677569.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>Gum Hitler didnt know better.
Are you for real?

PB was already extroverted in the earlier seasons as well. How the fuck was she closed off?

She should've known better, isn't she a fucking mary stue scientist?

>they both literally have social connections
There's different levels of relationships user. I'm assuming you don't spill your deepest, darkest secrets to your taxi driver.
>age comes with wisdom
Not always. Do you know more than like, three old people?

She's a perfectionist that doesn't like to express weakness. Just because someone is extroverted doesn't mean they have no issues opening up to people.

>I'm assuming you don't spill your deepest, darkest secrets to your taxi driver.
Ha! Marcy never told PB about Simon and PB never told Marcy about Gumbald. So much for "close friends turned lovers."

>comparing their closest peers, some of which each of them known since their birth given their immortality, to a taxi driver
you're reaching, really hard. They're written badly, they're not real, too many cooks after Pen left spoiled and flanderized the characters and you're justifying laziness. Hell I'm ignoring the biggest flaw that is love triangles and drama in my wacky random 2010's cartoon. But so many writers coming and going, different ideas and ways to "characterize' characters that failed to translate from season to season. The Massive tonal shift from start to finish, how can you defend this shit? Are you that emotionally starved that you have to vicariously be happy for these characters?
Let me reiterate
>THE SAME CARTOON, ABOUT A BOY AND A TALKING DOG, HAD VIRTUE SIGNALLING, DRAMA, AND LOVE TRIANGLES SHOE HORNED IN.
To appease you invilids no less.

Attached: 1559095834667.jpg (344x259, 12K)

Saying this ship is good is an insult to all genuinely good relantionship ever made in all media.

Amen, user.

I'm assuming Marcy did talk to PB about Simon at some point, and it's unclear if Marceline did know about Gumbald beforehand or not.

I was making a general point with the taxi driver comment, not saying that's the same level as Finn and Jake.
>flanderized the characters
The characters got less one-note as the show went on, the exact opposite of flanderization.
>The Massive tonal shift from start to finish
A show changing tonally is not an inherently bad thing. Imo, it was necessary to keep the show interesting.
>Are you that emotionally starved that you have to vicariously be happy for these characters?
No?

I mean, I’ve jacked it to “Bubbline”, sure; but it never really felt natural outside of “They are both immortal so they understand that.” It also detracted from both of their friendships from Finn in a way I didn’t like. Or maybe it wasn’t their relationship per se, but it was around the same time that both of them, especially Bubblegum, became much colder to Finn.

> it was necessary to keep the show interesting.
You don't know that. Ed Edd n Eddy went 6 seasons of pure comedy.

>assuming
Assuming. And considering Ice King continuously kidnapped PB (something Marceline left to Finn to take care of. So much for that romance and strong bond) I doubt that.

>The characters got less one-note as the show went on
More like they lost aspects of charm as the series went on.

>it was necessary to keep the show interesting.
For whom? The 12 year olds saying "ALGERBRAIC" watching the show for Finn to slay dragons with a pie gun or someshit?
I know I'm too old for cartoons, but I know why I liked them from the get go, especially a Cartoon Network cartoon aimed at kids. And for a show like Adventure Time, a show that was on par with PPGs in terms of selling merch and brand awareness, the drama shit (and ofcourse teen titans go blocks) killed the ratings. No a show changing a tone isn't a bad thing, but why AT? I didn't watch EE&E wondering who's Nazz's endgame is. I didn't watch Dexter's Lab to find out if Mandark was going to 'science' up a school. The show obviously panders different demographics as it went on, later and later adding less tongue and cheek humor and more straight face themes and messages the show didn't need. You see pic related? This is a pic of Jake farting in Finn's shirt after Finn and Marceline took down Marcie's dad after he was stealing souls. All of this in an 11 minute episode to end off with this. That is AT.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

not him but this is also AT

Attached: Lovable PB.png (1214x218, 38K)

A good ship? Possibly, if the build up wasn't pathetically obvious fan service. Possibly if they didn't ruin bubblegum by making her a power mad whore whose whole reasoning was "I know better than you", and justifying it by making any one who could contest her an actual retard. Quick clarifaction, she turned people in to retards, not just the writing staff making 0 opposition for her. Add in the fact the show became a sad hollow shell run by fans who thought certain aspects were "problematic" and "outdated".

No. No it was not a good ship nor even remotely well executed.

And I'm okay with that, I loved irredeemable PB. She didn't need a redemption arc or a lore episode. She just was and I loved her and all of the cast for that, Pen Ward knew what his characters did and how they worked in their respective kingdoms and just wrote stories around them. Hell PB brought upon a zombie apocalypse TWICE and it was still comical the second time around.

Attached: 1472593099487.gif (500x281, 168K)

>So much for that romance and strong bond
That was during a period when they weren't talking to each other.
>More like they lost aspects of charm as the series went on.
I disagree, but either way they definitely weren't flanderized.

I'm not telling you you should like how the show changed, I'm only speaking for myself here. People have different tastes, and that's fine.

Dumb fujoshit

>People have different tastes, and that's fine.
Okay, but objectively speaking, for a cartoon aimed at kids. Which of these two aspects do you think entertains said kids (specifically ages 5-12 boy or girl) . Shipping or dumb humor?

Attached: 1533930498649.png (1061x800, 1.04M)

The thing I hate about it the most is how they completely change marceline's character to make the relationship work and it still doesn't work

Attached: 1560347719734.gif (500x500, 1.44M)

>Marcie changes hue and grows an ass in a span of 4 seconds
the power of vampirism.

And fucking adults of all kinds love the dumb humor of sponegbob and Ed Edd n Eddy

>Is it a good thread? Was it executed well? Be honest, Yea Forums.

Kys OP

Reminder she became the last best girl at the end because the writers didn’t had time to ruin her

Attached: 23FEDB39-7933-4230-B473-97B9F484C886.gif (500x283, 175K)

She really isn't

>a great friendship,
How? Serious question what was great about their friendship?Not even on a shipping level but Finn and Marceline had a great friendship in earlier seasons. Finn and Jake had a great friendship Ice King and life-giving Magus had a good friendship Marceline and LSP even had a good friendship.

Attached: download.jpg (266x190, 6K)

Exactly? But again, they aren't the target demo, neither are beached tumblr whales. Kids are (were given the popularity of streamers/youtubers) the main demographic. The fact spongebob and EE&E are still highly regarded should solidify the fact that a comedic episodic cartoon shifting to being serious is a bad idea.

Attached: 1552011975670.gif (320x240, 1.45M)

Pic related? The other time when Finn went into the nightosphere to save Marceline? The drive in movie episode, Marceline's servant, the band episode?

You don't really need any reason for it to be shit besides the fact that from late-2012 onwards they suddenly began pushing it as hard and obnoxiously as possible and that's coincidentally when the show dove in quality and started getting shafted in the programming schedule

It hit a peak, attracted weirdos who couldn't write who promptly destroyed something made decent by more talented people and it limped on for another 6 years

Depends on the kid, most probably like dumb humour. A lot of kids also grew up alongside the show too though, and its always had a significant portion of older fans. It's impossible to say how much success the show would've had had they stuck to the more wacky tone of the first two seasons. The ratings peaked during season 5 where it was at its most experimental.

Then who did

Attached: F90A1AB0-2691-48BC-ABFF-7539B0A3FC1E.png (3426x1543, 882K)

>onwards they suddenly began pushing it as hard and obnoxiously as possible
What the fuck show were you watching? It didn't become prominent until late 2015 at the earliest.

Attached: 434280B7-D022-41B8-80CA-87A12AD97C63.gif (500x375, 2.48M)

There were comics in 2012 that were already pushing the idea

>Yeah, it was pretty well done
lmao

>season 5
you mean the same season with Frost and Fire?
>depends on the kid
>most probably
Most being a key word and the few outliers that do like shipping at a young and dumb age doesn't matter. You know damn well the writers after Pen left weren't pandering to the kids. Aside from shows adults grew up with and grow nostalgic feeling towards, brony's prove there's a portion of adult fans for ANY show. That doesn't mean anything. Yeah I liked the idea of Double D getting with Marie, or Numbah 4 getting with Numbah 3 but I didn't watch those shows for those things. And those traits weren't incentives to watch those shows nor what I was anticipating for the ending. KND vs. Grandpa is an endgame, The Ed's getting respect from the cul-de-sac is an endgame, your main protag that the show's theme song raves about and shows for 95% of the intro being brushed to the side and neutered emotionally is not an endgame.

Attached: 1536528260751.jpg (413x449, 50K)

Im asking how PB and Marceline had a great friendship? They had a mediocre romance than they both care just worse.

Attached: 3821015219_cd9b544151_b.jpg (1024x612, 165K)

The shirt dilemma in "What Was Missing" made them long time besties, don't you remember?

>you mean the same season with Frost and Fire?
Yes. The ratings for that episode were higher than any episode in the first 4 seasons except for Fionna and Cake and Burning Low. Both also ship-heavy episodes funnily enough.
>being brushed to the side
except he wasn't.

>also ship heavy
Yeah, and you mention it 'peaked' funnily enough.
>defending Frost and Fire
Dis-fucking-gusting
>except he wasn't.
right. Didn't a writer admit to hating Fin?

Wolfhard admitted to not liking Finn and god knows what arcs he had influenced before Jesse taught Steve how to "respect and write Finn correctly" (don't know how long the grudge lasted)

Fucker should've been kicked to the crub the moment he said that.

The ship is top tier, the execution was kinda meh close to the end, but the show AS A WHOLE went to shit in later seasons.

more like shit tier from start to finish

This shouldn't turn me on.

With that in mind, Fin didn't stop the big bad, didn't have real closure, we get two literal who faggots to 'carry the torch' and a simple show with simple designs, characters, premise, world and episodes become convoluted for lore fags and ship fags. Two dots and a smile saying "slamicow" was tainted by pompous retards.

>we get two literal who faggots to 'carry the torch'
Absolutely. Fuck Shermy and Beth if it means less time on Finn and Jake

Even if the argument was for the alternate time lines/past lives shtick they put in every other episode. Why not have an epilogue on that shit? We got some alternate future paths for Fin in the comic, but let's be real, it's fucking bitter sweet at best. No payoff, ambiguity in the guise of clever writing to 'leave it up to the audience to fill in the gaps' and a middle finger in the shape of Shermy and Beth. The show should've had a simple ending and it did, Moral Coil

Attached: 1537496680656.png (1000x1000, 251K)

>Dis-fucking-gusting
we were talking about ratings dumbass. although I don't think the episode was that bad either.

YOU were talking about ratings, and you already said it peaked. Peaking is not a good sign user, nor is it something to boast about when a show then struggles to bring in a million views after hiatuses. Especially a show that was becoming the face of nu-CN.
>although I don't think the episode was that bad either.
>after Rebecca introduces a love interest to make mopey Fin man the fuck up, give us a new character to develop on and prolong the show just to make Fin a manipulative faggot because "cosmic owl dreams" (remember that?!) only to be at square one
fuck you, unironically. You're on par with people who would defend Breezy. For someone who wanted something "new and different" you sure do like the status quo contradicting any growth.

Attached: 1533303038162.jpg (587x643, 75K)

>They work good together but I can't see them in any deeper relationship than the one they currently have
Here's how I can tell you never play Zelda.

Reminder

Attached: 244-d9b09ebff4.jpg (1491x904, 181K)

Attached: 245-d76c37b80a.jpg (1491x904, 198K)

Attached: 246-54d6a1513a.jpg (1491x904, 196K)

I don't care about PB and Marceline ending together but I will be forever butthurt on how they destroyed FP and Finn - user who watched Fire and Ice and The Red Throne after reading Playing With Fire

Attached: 247-11f0befaf2.jpg (1491x904, 190K)

It was just fine because it was barely in the show. Shipping is for faggots and romance in cartoons is usually shit only little girls give a ahit about. Finn spilling spaghetti durrhurr da gurls plots were more annoying, heroes don't need girls.
People pissed are ship-loving retard cucks, unironic incels, or want to shove their personal politics and agenda into discussion of an apolitical show because they're incapable of getting off their preachy burger soapbox. Fuck them.

Finn is for suffering!

>Didn't a writer admit to hating Fin?

Attached: 4EDA02D0-5B99-4D9A-ABB0-E09691DE87BC.png (590x724, 744K)

>Deserves to suffer
jesus what a fa-
>The Waning of the Oedipus Complex
holy shit, imagine your dad roasting you

Attached: 1533228259635.jpg (285x285, 43K)

The reason Finn could never get the princess, is because he is the princess.

>there are actual people in this thread defending this shitty excuse of a ship
Yea Forumsmblr was a mistake

what's the context om that picture?

Salty

I’ve always wondered why his dad compared him to the complex

Roasting nuMarcy by having old PB be more interested in Finn or Fern

Early PB like in your image

I said the ratings peaked in season 5.
You responded "you mean the season with Frost and Fire?"
I said yes, and added that that episode in particular had higher ratings than almost every season 1-4 episode.
The reason I brought up season 5 was to counter your point that dumb humour was more popular. S5 was one of the most experimental and drama-heavy seasons, and yet got very high ratings.
I don't actually care what's more popular or not. Popularity is not necessarily indicative of quality.

>You're on par with people who would defend Breezy
Breezy was actually a much better episode.

Alden is great, he doesn't hate Finn at all.

12 years old?, the same 12 years old that migrate to anime because they want to watch "adult"shows"?

Attached: 1561426849592.png (327x316, 165K)

No and no. They should have been rivals as intended.

Attached: 1.jpg (904x678, 206K)

I think it was kinda hamfisted but after Marcy got the side buzz it just made things so much worse. God what a shitty hairstyle.

No, shitty love triangles ruin everything.

Reminder that comic writers and fans care more about Finn than Muto and his cuck team

Attached: 2019-07-17 11_29_11-Window.png (429x470, 282K)

>caring about Finn
lmao, fuck finn he's a loser

Attached: Finn x loneliness is my otp.gif (500x375, 1M)

t. ranny

You mean the same 12 year olds that are leaving said adult shows in the dust for comedic YouTube videos

Bump

>defending Breezy
Nigga, that’s where Finn got raped, what the fuck is wrong with you.

>Wholesome
>Muto propaganda

Attached: 94117ED8-5CF1-4BF1-8CEE-A6933E2A2E88.jpg (724x1092, 134K)

You think its the right time to post that doujin here. I was waiting for a HW thread but I really want to post it now

Attached: F792E0B7-970F-4E97-9AF2-6110A120B034.jpg (472x442, 28K)

Do it.

What age retcon?

Yee

Attached: 4636D54F-A997-47F9-A914-71B5A785FDB9.jpg (1460x2048, 342K)

Attached: ACE756F6-CBF0-41E4-8097-AD834618E2D4.jpg (1460x2048, 298K)

Attached: D65946F1-9794-4BFA-BFCC-66AA459C27B3.jpg (1460x2048, 677K)

Attached: 4219AC69-3EF3-4233-94F8-779BEBFD02A0.jpg (1460x2048, 572K)

Attached: DAC531BB-0E31-448B-A10A-4502BA473F14.jpg (1460x2048, 567K)

Attached: CDCA886F-C4A7-41C4-8DE7-BA07CB1FE897.jpg (1460x2048, 621K)

Attached: 0BF9DB8E-88BC-4A0F-BBB4-F9555111111D.jpg (1460x2048, 578K)

Attached: B1856A6E-DE08-4F4C-BFC7-8CE434A096A8.jpg (1460x2048, 547K)

Attached: FFFDC1B4-DCDD-4611-AC07-774592256A26.jpg (1460x2048, 537K)

Attached: F588B607-D62B-4537-AB19-F44846F9A4A8.jpg (1460x2048, 525K)

Attached: E1352BC6-EDA0-4D86-8317-CA134A2ED495.jpg (1460x2048, 616K)

Attached: 034B758A-711D-487F-A860-E5524B635CFE.jpg (1460x2048, 599K)

Attached: 5F7DBD0C-FF54-4C9A-9B19-CC3CF86D9C20.jpg (730x1024, 210K)

Attached: 1C38DB73-90E2-4B68-9F33-63B484421763.jpg (730x1024, 192K)

it would be if they didnt dedicate ten thousand episodes to it. or if varmints had actual dialogue. instead it sounded like a sitcom that had nonsense words sprinkled in.

Attached: B64D33EB-9948-4F68-B77C-A39C0BAB1D32.jpg (730x1024, 195K)

it seems like they just forgot to put the rest of her episodes in.
like it was unfinished.

Attached: C28FB5A9-F569-4191-99B2-21D1B6F3FE8E.jpg (730x1024, 223K)

Has that ever not been the case?

Attached: human_by_thestinkyfoot-d5w6chz.png (1024x1245, 268K)

Attached: 6D3FEDA7-8D31-4DBA-8D4A-62011858A365.jpg (1460x2048, 577K)

Attached: 9FDAD7AE-F578-4F83-9460-B0A79DD0AC15.jpg (1460x2048, 592K)

Attached: BC80A9F2-9DF3-4AF4-908C-215E450C8D40.jpg (1460x2048, 611K)

Attached: 5DBEBB89-0412-4126-B59C-C1DC88C0731A.jpg (1460x2048, 582K)

Attached: 87A64255-BD25-4AC6-9ABE-36543A4DBFF9.jpg (1460x2048, 573K)

Attached: E512C3D7-B6AA-488B-881B-59E6F0248FB2.jpg (1460x2048, 236K)

Attached: 6E06D385-1EFF-4F82-9945-077A5E0A5839.jpg (1514x2048, 322K)

Attached: EBE457BA-9B76-4047-BA92-110658ED5464.png (887x1200, 1.45M)

This, the only way it works is to bimbofy PB like they were trying to do in the shitty comics before those got cancelled.
>PB clinging helplessly to Marceline's arm as she just doesn't know what to do guys

Reducing PB, who is actually a strong character, to someone who only puts on a facade of independence and responsibility because of her emotional trauma/personal flaws is hilarious. Bonus points because being in a relationship is the completion of her arc, the only way she can be saved/complete.

She had three major episodes and they were great

Attached: 6770F27A-E0E1-4994-B18B-660AA8E7D437.jpg (1200x900, 127K)

HW has little to no development and only serves as a checkbox. She wasn’t even important to show interacting with Finn in the finale and it wouldn’t be baseless to think of them not getting together because of Finn’s newfound sense of “maturity”

She is not best girl.

Fubblegum cope

Do I have to remind you where AT development went

Attached: 110962D5-E609-4C91-97ED-3E9B6228644B.gif (500x281, 1.35M)

I thought FP had beef with PB why all sudden there bestie

dykes are kind of awful desu, lots of domesic abuse.

bubbline is based and only finncels disagree

Attached: DmQzGYqV4AUtG4d.jpg (1200x1650, 227K)

A new challenger appears

Attached: E06610BD-DF27-4645-B7AB-6A3CE92A0AB2.jpg (828x1584, 738K)

It sad to see those girls turn into tumblr trash. HW is truly the last best girl

Attached: 0A4FA8EE-A1FA-4A17-8037-CC8B1CE2E7D1.gif (500x281, 1009K)

It’s not cope. She had even less development than FP. She’s a dull one trick pony designed to give someone to Finn so the writers don’t get shit on too heavily, but we can see she wasn’t even given an epilogue shot with Finn and Jake. If it’s cope, how much do you think they cared about HW given that information?

Down the shitter, but that doesn’t give HW a pass.

>I can only post images when shown my ship is ass
Oh nonono

Based

>this level of fubblecope
Bubbledags never cease to amaze with how pathetic they can get

It only makes sense because they are immortal and they are not explicitly gay, both of them had have boyfriends over the times. I could see why they mean so much for each other as they are the only constant company they ever had...but it was forced as fuck in the ending.

Still better than Korra.
>Hey Asami I am responsable for killing your father, ruining your company, your family's name, stealing your bf and your future... wanna be besties?

That said, still does not shut the door for any potential ship with Finn given they are both Bi. It would only be really awkward to explain, I can see Marcy letting Finn fuck PB as she watches (Vampires sure are kinky)

I’m trying to cope with your rampant autism

I wish there were more lewds of green PB

I wish there was too. Imagine Finn getting deep in her pucker while she talks in a maniacal fashion

Soon

Attached: 54C35FFE-5298-4FA2-8FF4-6E273B5EF214.jpg (537x389, 65K)

Thenewguy?

Nah. Lost contact with him plus to many secondary peasants groping PB for my liking.

yeah, but they seemed like a setup for more. its like they just quit her arc halfway in.

seething.

That’s why I can’t get a good feeling about Huntress. Definitely not as expanded upon as FP and doesn’t have that sweet flow like Pb had.

Breathing

FP was as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. she was a doomed character from day one. HW had a likable, established character with a good arc ahead of her, they just quit before they started it.

they probably knew they would fuck up again so they didnt bother, thankfully

also PB's "flow" was near nonexistent. before season 2's finale it was always one sided on Finn's part and after that she just acted psychotic.

>Yea Forums is still SEETHING over Bubbline

Attached: 1472752851760.png (720x691, 432K)

t. landwhale dyke

I’ll still take FP over HW because at least they followed through somewhat with their relationship. HW’s shine in Flute Spell/Wild Hunt is a retread of FP’s shine in Incendium and Burning Low.

Not one sided as of Mortal Recoil. She woulda just went back to business if that was the case.

Only if you're a jealous faggot.

>photo blatantly contradicts lore
>well she could have just put a dress and tiara on (in the barren wasteland of Ooo at that point)
>I find that hard to believe. Got any more evidence given that she had none of those during Bonnibel Bubblegum?
>l-lol autism!!1

She expressed weakness in the first fucking episode by fucking up the candy reanimation potion. She didn't flip the fuck out afterwards. She took it on the chin and moved on.

>I’ll still take FP over HW because at least they followed through somewhat with their relationship.
no, they didnt. FPs relationship wasnt thought out whatsoever, they just did things on a whim. after they broke up they hardly interacted. HW and Finn's first meeting was incendium/burning low done correctly, without all the nonsense that came afterwards.
and as for mortal recoil, PB largely did go back to business as usual. in addition to just flipping to liking finn after being reconstructed, she immediately turned off to him, opting instead to care more about FP's stability than finn himself. none of finn's relationships were well thought out or positive aside from his brief one with HW.

this.
HW was the winner by default.

good joke

>after they broke up they hardly interacted
Do exes interact often after breaking up?

>FPs relationship wasnt thought out whatsoever
Since Sugar was in charge of handling her, I'd assume she did have an outline for her and Finn's relationship. Playing With Fire Graphic Novel >>>>>>>> Anything with HW.

> in addition to just flipping to liking finn after being reconstructed,
Well we're talking about the middle seasons where shit was flipped on its head. Marceline didn't even hang out with Finn often in those times.

>HW and Finn's first meeting was incendium/burning low done correctly,
Finn and HW's first meeting was . Again I reiterate: she was given no time with Finn whatsoever in the finale. Checkbox, and nothing more.

>pting instead to care more about FP's stability than finn himself.
That's cause she made the transition to cunt, morally grey PB by then. Everyone was more or less distant to their earlier selves in Season 5. Are you forgetting there was a complete shift in tone and writing my man? Just cause she's the culmination of his romance arc doesn't in any way mean she's good in the long run. She's the bland blank slate stick that gets Finn somewhat over the hump.

>ten thousand episodes
wut? There's only a few episodes that center around their relationship. Sky Witch, Varmints, Broke His Crown, maybe wwm, and that's pretty much it. That's even less than what Finn and Marceline's relationship got. The rest is either background or just a small part of the episode. Even Stakes didn't dedicate that much time to it.

this is the most retarded interpretation of bubbline I've seen. congrats.

It's a shame we didn't see her get more of her, but she's still a cool character. We would've gotten more if the show wasn't cancelled.

The show was cancelled.

Stop being salty and converse then

Not the same thing as being emotionally vulnerable.

Getting hung up over lore being contradicted by a background photo in one episode in season one, that was probably added in by a random background artist without any thought put into it, is pretty much the definition of autistic.

Did Pen himself draw these? They replicate the style well.

>probably
In which you DONT know.

It would've been added in by a background artist, not the writers/storyboard artists. Honestly though, I don't give a shit either way, it's still stupid to get hung over something as small as this, especially for a show like adventure time.

Says you my man.

Attached: Pen War Steps Down.png (944x300, 85K)