Malcolm D. Lee Takes Over As Director On Space Jam 2

deadline.com/2019/07/space-jam-2-malcolm-d-lee-directing-lebron-james-sequel-looney-tunes-1202646887/
>EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm D. Lee is taking over the directing reins on Warner Bros./SpringHill Entertainment’s Space Jam 2 from Terence Nance.

>We hear that Nance’s departure from the project was amicable, and essentially the filmmaker and the studio/producers had different takes on the creative vision for Space Jam 2.

>Lee’s track record in comedy speaks for itself and his wit fits hand-in-hand with the sensibility of Warners’ slapstick Looney Tunes. In 2017, Lee’s Girls Trip was the only comedy to work at the domestic box office both in regards to opening and final take ($31.2M, $115.1M) with a star-making performance by Tiffany Haddish. Last year, Lee also had the best opening and gross for a pure major studio comedy with Haddish-Kevin Hart movie Night School ($27.2M opening, $77.3M). Both titles were released by Universal.

>Nance created the HBO TV series Random Acts of Flyness and directed the indie pic The Oversimplification of Her Beauty.

>Producers on Space Jam 2 — which is set to tip off July 16, 2021 — are Ryan Coogler, NBA star LeBron James under his SpringHill Entertainment label, Duncan Henderson, and Maverick Carter of SpringHill. EPs are Justin Lin, Sev Ohanian and Jamal Henderson.

>Deadline exclusively announced last week that Don Cheadle was joining James in the live action-animation hybrid.

Attached: Girls Trip director Malcolm D. Lee is your new director for Space Jam 2.jpg (913x419, 363K)

The state of Lelbron

Looney Tunes is in a weird state between Space Jam 2 and the Looney Tunes Cartoons.

The very fact this is happening proves we live in a WACKY ASS timeline.

Attached: laughing talking animal.gif (500x282, 3.75M)

>the guy that directed Undercover Brother
Alright, I'll give him a shot based on that.

this is bullshit, Terance Nance is dope as fuck and the only reason I"m interested in it
fuck

They did this to Lego Movie 2 and it didn't end well. Warner Brothers just can't stay hands off and it's very evident in the final product. Worried now.

Well at least he also has some comedy experience. Still wish they'd actually have some animation people high up in production as well, since you know, it's supposed to also star the fucking Looney Tunes.

>LeBron's Space Jam movie is going to suck
>yet another thing he's worse than Jordan at

Attached: MJLaughs.jpg (400x600, 50K)

Space Jam was fucking garbage. What exactly is going to make the sequel any better? You cannot have the characters on the same team. It makes NO sense. Bugs would be able to win a game by himself. How the fuck can he pull it off. Also why is a LT thread wasted on this trash.

Attached: 1000 Minutes.jpg (2000x1576, 328K)

It is only made for
– Nostalgia
– Meme value

Holy shit, didn't know that. I'll give it a chance.

Attached: undercover brother cartoon.jpg (314x445, 39K)

Love this movie, favorite part was the part Undercover Brother became white

Will Space Jam 2 be canon?

There is no canon in the Looney Tunes universe.

>I'm taking my talents to moron mountain

>You cannot have the characters on the same team. It makes NO sense. Bugs would be able to win a game by himself.
Are you seriously powerlevel-fagging the goddamn looney tunes? Go outside, turn off the computer and socialize with flesh and blood humans

You say this as you're bitching to an user on Yea Forums. Fuck off, virgin.

WE ALL KNOW THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION

Attached: Lola+bunny+the+original+furry+_0f682fdca7a532275f1aa185eef302e6.jpg (791x688, 63K)

fuck off, Lolaposter. Shit character is shit.

Daffy will cuck Bugs and fuck Lola

Do.. Do you think they'll have "I Believe I Can Fly" ?

Remixed by Kendrick Lamar and/or 2Chainz

The soundtrack doesn't need anything other than mash-ups of Space Jam.

I like to think Bugs and Daffy will start fucking in front of Lola