His plan made no sense

His plan made no sense

Attached: 9A689B66-FCFF-4041-99FE-A649B6C0C6F2.jpg (600x301, 30K)

You are a basedboy for watching this

Why not. It worked

What is he going to do when the world is counting on him to fight Galactus or Magneto?

Thor still existed.
The other Avengers still existed.

>another disgruntled stark employee
>mcu fans legit think this is better than spidey 2

fuck right off

And if Thor and the other Avengers somehow died?

Who fucking cares? By that time he and his crew would have ripped off the world blind, and could easily be waved away by Mysterio saying “I must leave this earth, other realities are in danger” and then he’d Poochi on out of there. Why do you assume he’d actually try and be a hero when he spent the whole movie as a charlatan?

Fake it, until you make it.

But really, and I know this'll piss off Yea Forums but if he download enough of Stark information from the satellite and learn to use the whole Mysterio set up by himself he should be a good sinister six member.

Why is Yea Forums so obsessed about this?

>movie has giant trippy illusion Mysterio fighting Spidey, multiple times

>his background has to do with Tony Stark so suddenly it's the shittiest numale soiboy shill flick to ever exist

what the fuck went wrong with Yea Forums?

Attached: 1423200707377.jpg (500x567, 34K)

Good thing you still have comics then, huh? I honestly don’t understand this complaint
Because, despite hating Synergy, they want their movies to be 1:1 copies of their comics. I for one am happy knowing thy are two separate universes and have zero trouble separating the two.

People want a good story.

Infiltrators from /pol/ and Yea Forums.

And instead we got an Amazing story, sucks for all those other people.

rent free.

There needs to be a story for it to be good. I mean, it was a good movie, fantastic visuals, funny, but not a story.

Yea Forums is full of Spider-fags

MCU is knocking out of the park with Spidey's rogue gallery.
Vulture scavenge part's from alien tech instead of some old guy stealing youth from people.
Instead of taking Mysterio being a special effects Artis he's a bunch of people trying to pull a con on Shield.

If I see a piece of shit and say "ew shit", it doesn't mean that I think about shit 24/7

Nobody that says this is a bad Mysterio is a Spider-fag, they are a Yea Forums reactionary

>good story
>muh tony stark
>whos uncle ben lol?

>He skips real fight because "Other realities need my help"
>All other heroes die but kill the bad guy
>Mysterio illusions up a giant battle against the Big Evil Guy making it look like he returned and the battle ends with mysterio also sacrificing himself and "banishing" him to another dimension
Or:
>The heroes die and BEG is still alive
>Everyone is fucked anyways who cares he still got away with it til the end

why ddint he jsut creat infinit raisources

"I have to go now. My planet needs me". That or just nuke the threat with the shiny Stark satellites/drones.

This 100%.

Woah you mean the story directly after the movie where arguably the main character of the MCU dies at the end focuses on the effect that had on a character that was close to him and how that affected the world? Yeah bro automatically a bad story. They should have just made it about Harry and red head MJ like the Raimi movies already did 3 times. God forbid a Spider-Man movie try to do something different and take advantage of the fact that they can incorporate other Marvel elements.

even if he wasn't tricking people he would still be fucked in that situation anyway

>The other Avengers still existed.
That's why he'd need an evil team to work as anything other than a Peter punker. Wanda can directly implant illusions inside heads, she would hard counter the shit out of him.

Attached: 1543131606966.jpg (570x824, 43K)

What was the point of showing that Flash's mother didn't care about him enough to be there when he returned

I never assumed that at all and knew from the start he was a charlatan because he's fucking Mysterio. If he rips the world blind and then tries to bounce, where the fuck is he supposed to go? The plan he and his crew came up with doesn't work in the long term and especially with the grander threats in the MCU.

To set up his character arc for the next movie.

>Make some bullshit about elementals and alternate universes
>Pretend to be a hero and befriend the kid with EDITH
>Try to convince the kid to live his life and forget about being a hero
>If he offers me EDITH I MUST DECLINE and refuse to have it
>Pray to God he insists on me having it
>???
>Profit
Great plan Mysterio.

Attached: 1553961151994.png (400x400, 154K)

i mean he had an army of drones at his disposal

Drones would be completely useless against Galactus and a liability against Magneto because he could just reprogram them and use them to start killing humans.

I am mad that Mysterio was another disgruntled Stark employee (although I enjoyed the reveal itself), AND I think that this is better than Spider-Man 2. The Raimi Spider-Man movies do not hold up. At all.

I will give you that the romance was better in them, but that's only because the MCU Spidey movies are about kids.

>GOD TIER
SMFFH / GOTG2 / WINTER SOLDIER / INFINITY WAR / IRON MAN

>POO POO TIER
HOMECOMING / GOTG1 / CAP 1 + 3 / ENDGAME

>OK TIER
EVERYTHING ELSE

I hear Tahiti is great this time of year, Mysterio could take his millions and go there

>Loki
>Hela
>Killmonger
>Mysterio

Who's the hottest hot MCU villain? Any I'm missing?

Got to love Tony's death satellite(s?). I'd have loved to see Cap's reaction to them since he had to bring down SHIELD and Hydra for the same damn thing. Just too much power and too many ways to go wrong.

Everybody in-universe forgot that Tony created a killer robot who almost caused the destruction of earth. His solution to his snafu was creating another potential killer robot.

Tony Stark was a retard. It was very hypocritical of him when he said that the Avengers needed to be held accountable, after causing more harm than all of them combined.

He wants to be worshiped like a savior. He doesn't have to be one in his mind. He had no intent on stopping real threats he would just keep making new ones up.

If a real threat shows up he could rely on the drones he got. I thought that was one of the reasons he wanted to trick Pete to get a hold of them. The drones were able to tear the shit out of England so I would say they are pretty destructive.

Again his plan was not to be an actual hero, so he would step back from real threats and only fight the ones he created.

Vormir is lovely in summer, too, he should take the missus.

What I took from his first motive rant was that regular people, who are qualified to make important decisions, were being shunned by society in favor of superheroes, regardless of whether the latter are qualified or not. Unless I am completely misinterpreting that scene, Mysterio's motive switched over to attention whoring without any explanation.

This was the same movie where they opened with a scene demonstrating the real world consequences of the snap and its undoing. Quentin already knows there are real threats a few drones won't be able to handle. It was just shitty writing.

The two motivations are not mutual exclusive. By being a hero he gets control over people which is really what he wants. He doesn't want to be a real hero he just wants the status.

The drones wouldn't stop real threats but they could stop smaller ones and again he would just use them to create fake ones he could stop anyway. He doesn't want to be a hero he just wants the status symbol.

So is he just a fucking super genius who can see into someone's head by just interacting with them a few times?
I could buy how specific Peter's nightmarish illusions were if maybe some drugs were doing the heavy lifting and bringing out his insecurities and fears but it's apparently 100% holograms with drones for feedback, so every single sequence had to be tailor made for Peter.

It's amusing given how many villains Tony created or otherwise empowered. Stane/Ironmonger, Vanko, AIM (including helped with Extremis), gave SHIELD repulsor tech so their shiny new helicarriers of doom, Ultron, Zemo (in part but perhaps sharing extra blame due to his efforts to create Ultron). Maybe Vulture to an extent. Oh, and he takes a huge blame for the split at the end of Civil War. I mean dude proved Cap was right when he disobeyed Ross and went where he wasn't supposed to go, then freaked out over a guy who was brainwashed by Hydra and tore the Avengers apart. Far From Home having an entire group brought together in mutual hatred of Stark was beautiful.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if that kid from Iron Man 3 took Tony's gift and decided to become the next Iron Man. Turns himself into Iron Lad and later goes full Kang.

>The two motivations are not mutual exclusive.
True, but his initial motive was abandoned though. I like the movie more than most Spider-Man movies, but Mysterio regressed into attention whoring far too quickly. He would have been far more interesting if he had an actual plan to make the world a better place, whether that plan would work or not (e.g., Thanos).

Yeah I get what you are saying. But we have to remember that he was fired for being mentally unstable. He was never going to make the world a better place. Lets not forget one of his main motivations for revenge was naming his invention BARF. He was always petty as fuck.

I don't disagree that his characterization was kinda all over the place.

>they want their movies to be 1:1 copies of their comics
There's multiple hours long video rants by super sois on just the fact that Uncle Ben is not mentioned in the movies by name
hours and hours of RUINED FOREVER because they have a checklist with boxes that need ticked and autists can't understand inference.
When I discovered this I realized there was no way for certain people to be humored or entertained, they're irrationally mad that the films actually exist in the first place and other people will now have thoughts and opinions about their thing.

He should've just fought actual bad guys with his illusions. He beat the living shit out of spiderman the first time around so what's stopping him from doing to same thing to anyone who can't spider sense their way out of it?

I was butthurt that Tony Stark took over as Peter's mentor, but that didn't ruin the experience for me. I thought Homecoming was okay and that Far From Home was better than expected (not better than Spider-Verse, but still good).

The problem is that people have nostalgia googles on for the Raimi films. I was a little kid when I saw the first Spider-Man trailer, featuring the World Trade Center. I saw all the Raimi films in theaters. I just don't understand why people praise the first two as masterpieces in the superhero genre. I liked them at the time, but they don't hold up.

Mysterio is oblivious to both of their existence. Your point is invalid.

JK Simmons and Alfred Molina were perfect casting

Welcome to the world of the internet, where EVERYONE thought they had something important to say, even when in most cases are just bullshit filled by ignorance.

Molina might have been perfect casting, but I can look to the newest Spider-Man video game for a more compelling Doc Ock. Green Goblin and Doc Ock aren't that good in the Raimi films.

Where would a man who can create
illusions hide?

In plain sight.

>mean, it was a good movie, fantastic visuals, funny, but not a story.
>but not a story

I make it easy for you.

-Oh I can finally spend a day with MJ!!!

-Ok, Peter, but remember that you are no longer a simple boy, you have been in space, you are a hero, an official Avengers (even if you pretend that is not so) and Stark left you a legacy with perhaps the most lethal weapon ever created.

-The FUCK? I don't want this thing

-Peter, you have great powers (Christ, Samuel say it almost didactically)... the world needs people like you.

-No!!! it's not my job, someone else has to think about it. Why not Mysterio? He's a cool guy, HERE Man, take the glasses of power !!

-Thanks Peter. Of course you are not doing anything wrong and this will not backfire on you just because you have ignored your responsibilities. no no.

Clear enough now?
Can you grasp the reference?

Attached: images.jpg (218x232, 14K)

So like every other Spider-Man movie?

He didn't have EDITH yet. None of the fight scenes were real until Peter gave him it.

Mysterio knows about the attack on New York, the destruction of Sokovia and the snap. He was an incredibly petulant and stilted villain with no endgame or exit strategy who served no purpose other than the MacGuffin of Spider-Man's Spidey-Sense training arc.

Gyllenhaal played the part perfectly, but I just don't understand what his endgame was. One can merely write him off as crazy, but that's not really satisfying in this context. When Spider-Man interfered in the end, he preemptively thought he was going to fail, so he issued one last, "Fuck you!" to Peter Parker just in case.

then how the fuck did he destroy the various cities the monsters "attacked"?

What's so difficult to understand? He wanted to be a famous superhero everyone loved but he didn't give a shit about actually being heroic, protecting people or defeating real supervillains.

It’s literally the same plan that Zemo had when he founded The Thunderbolts.
>Pose as heroes
>makes the public love them
>reap the rewards of said love
>respond to the threats that you stage
>leave real threats to idiots like Spider-Man and Hawkeye
However, he doesn’t have our knowledge of other possible threats that will soon hit the MCU

That would require too many improv which might not make him look good for the camera once he's real personality resurfaces.

When you want to be the star of the show, but not have to do the work to get there.
When you bullshit your way to the top, but someone that's actually qualified begins to call you out on your shit.

This is how disgruntlement works. It fits well enough to stand on it's own. If you don't understand that, rest assured it went over your head and you were not fast enough to catch it.

Attached: drax1280-1493682142199_1280w[1].jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Mysterio and his team are all buthurt people because they consider themselves super geniuses, but the current Marvel world does not recognize them as such, because currently, in a reality where deities, super soldiers, aliens and warrior scientists exist, they are not special enough to be "taken seriously".
So the plan is to take advantage of the fact that the moment the Avengers are vacant and weak because of their internal losses to create a Super hero that can fill that void and get the public recognition they desire so much.

Of course it's all a scam that in the long run could be dangerous for the earth, but they don't care. They just want the popularity.

I know all that. I know that Mysterio is an attention whore. What I don't understand is what he would use his newfound fame for. Does he want to police the world as its greatest superhero, like he initially claimed, or is he merely in it for attention.

Mysterio went from the man of the people (with a hint of mental illness), to stereotypical villain who wants attention and will kill his henchman. If his plan succeeded and he "beat" an Avengers-level threat, what would he have done with his newfound fame? Bask in the glory or try to get shit done? That is my question.

his plan makes sense if he had hid his face the whole time

>"Mr Stark trusted me to do the right thing, and I'm giving these to you because you're the right person"
>"Peter I can't take them"
>"You're right I shouldn't force that burden on someone else's shoulders I got caught up in the moment because you looked like Mr Stark with them on"
Woops

>What is he going to do when the world is counting on him to fight Galactus or Magneto?

Nothing, because Galactus and Magneto are not canon to the MCU.

Bask in the glory, obviously, and probably use Edith to get rich and remain hidden
I guess so, of course his drones’ illusions can just make him appear to vanish altogether

>What I don't understand is what he would use his newfound fame for.

Tony Stark, which is the usual megalomaniac financed the Mysterio project (the illusions) and then, in front of the crowd in CW, he took all the credit, as if it were something he designed on his own, without quoting Mysterio role in this.

Basically the whole Mysterio team are discarded people because they are not good or competent enough and probably have lost their jobs. They believe they have suffered an injustice and want to use that fame to get to the top of the pyramid, because they think it's the only way to do it quickly in the new marvel world.

>Bask in the glory, obviously
So his entire speech after The Reveal was complete bullshit and all he wanted to do was seek attention? Don't get me wrong, because I don't think that that is bad in and of itself. I would have preferred that Spider-Man called him out on his bullshit motives, but that never happened. Mysterio switched from one set of motives to another between scenes.

CGI himself an ultimate nullifier

Mysterio trying to bluff Galactus sounds pretty boss. It'd likely fail, but imagine the absolute balls it'd take to even make the attempt.

I think if Galactus showed up he'd have more to worry about than public opinion.

Remain hidden, play 3d video games, inventing some excuse for not being there, while the real heroes try to resolve the mess.

Mysterio tried to trick his way around his guardian devil, and might have gotten away with it too

He wanted to become King from OPM which really doesn't work without a Saitama equivalent

You also see a text from him asking his mom why he hasn’t heard from her or his dad in days during the bus scene

I noticed that part too. I just don't get why you'd do that during what's supposed to be a feel-good ending.

Fake his own death and let Thor deal with it.

The funny thing is that Mysterio could really be a hero with all those drones and illusions.
Until someone like Thanos is involved, his abilities would be very useful in a street level spy context. Deceive someone, infiltrate enemy bases, terrorize criminals like Batman. He lacks a military training, which Pym had, but as a potential he would not be bad at all.

This is literally the entire reason he has the iron man armor at all, dumbass. He used to sell WMDs and now he uses them. It's the whole basis of his entire character. Why are people so fucking stupid here for fucks sake pay attention

This movie really was excruciating to watch whenever Gyllenhaal wasn't on screen.

Setting up a plotline they can drop & forget about in the 3rd one

once he gets the glasses its not too difficult to pull up a file on him. especially since he's not as clumsy as Peter socially and knows what to ask and when. he's good at thinking up plans on the fly, so all he needs to do is ask Edith to give him list of things that matter to Peter the most. Hence how he can fuck with him with the illusions so well.

if im not mistaken he and his crew had access to enough tech to cause seismic activity. hiding a bomb or two and detonating it at the right time, or hiding a high powered water cannon inside the "Elemental" would be easy for whats essentially a special effects group.

Did Jameson not watch the video before showing it? He's not the kind of guy who would throw a kid under the bus like that, even in the Raimi movies he immediately lied about where he got his pictures of Spider-Man when threatened to protect Peter.

>all the side character so are so flat
>Disney gives them some background and uniqueness
>WHaTs ThE pOInT?

He is alex jones now, because politics

>WHaTs ThE pOInT?

For complaining, complaining about everything

Mcu villains never make sense they are just jobbers

Cap was watching this on the BBC and the second the illusion broke and he saw all the drones he was like 'fucking tony, jesus christ I'm glad I'm too old for this shit'

>Good thing you still have comics then, huh?
Until you know they start pandering nonexisting normalfags who read comics.

>>I will give you that the romance was better in them
The romance is easily one of the worst aspects of the Raimi films, and it gets worse in each of them than it was in the prior one.

>God forbid a Spider-Man movie try to do something different and take advantage of the fact that they can incorporate other Marvel elements
Doesn't mean i have to like it.

Attached: 1317602854001.png (300x300, 99K)

i want him to stay dead but he still comes back because his crew is still using all his cg assets to have a complete illusion Mysterio

why wasn't Friday the AI for the glasses? why wasn't it Peter's AI?

plot holes
you suck

og Peter didn't go out with bn and he was Randian as FUCK

>Tony Stark, which is the usual megalomaniac financed the Mysterio project (the illusions) and then, in front of the crowd in CW, he took all the credit, as if it were something he designed on his own,
>Basically the whole Mysterio team are discarded people because they are not good or competent enough and probably have lost their jobs
what

Thats WHY he realized they need to be in check. No one man should have all that power. Who watches the watchmen. Put the world in a bottle etc

OHHHHH, now I get why they kept showing Flash streaming himself. It was an allegory.

Despite Jake Glycerol doing the best he could with a shit hand, I still completely hate how the MCU handled Mysterio now.

>feel good ending
He doesn't know

Did you forget the part about them finding a drone before the glasses? They have drones, just not all of them. It's only once he gets the glasses that he can use all of them from the satellites

Good to know someone else was paying attention

worst of all he is not even good Alex Jones. Alex (esp current one) would NEVER praise basically a globalist schmuck who made billions on war contracts and then decided to play superhero.
I'd believe if he praised Captain America at the end, or Thor.

Attached: MCU JJJ Jameson Alex Jones Rip off.png (500x514, 338K)

and ideal Alex Jones parody (like if you want to talk about it being FUNNY and RIDICULOUS) would be someone that believes all superbreings and aliens are fake, don't exist and way of chinese government and globalists in Washington to scare people and that snap never happened. And people like Thor are tools in undermining christian values to demolish traditional american values (trademark).
THAT is how you do parody on Alex.

Attached: Dark Alex Returns.jpg (1354x266, 75K)

>og Peter didn't go out with bn
>Randian as FUCK

Just out of curiosity, what does it mean? I just found out to be a normal fag.

>Pray to God he insists on me having it
yeah that was a bit of a risk, Peter could have just gone "shit do I REALLY know this guy well enough to give him orbiting drones with the equivalent firepower of a jet and a tank, maybe I should hold on to them for now"

He's just a more attractive Syndrome if you stop and think about it

just jokes

yeah except Syndrome was more impressive tech wise

Why didn't E.D.I.T.H. recognize Quentin Beck's name when Peter gave Beck access to her?

Maybe it did, why would it say anything
Also I don't fully subscribe to this but it is sort of suggested in the film that Quentin Beck isn't his real name

Spider-Man 2 > spiderverse > Spider-Man > Homecoming > Amazing Spider-Man > Far from home > Spider-Man 3 > Amazing Spider-Man 2