Apparently Rosenberg felt it painful to kill a lot of x-men

>Well, the story’s not quite over, so I can’t give everything away. But going in the idea was that most of the X-Men won’t make it out. We’re taking them to one of the lowest spots they’ve ever been, and when you’re the X-Men that is real low. For the X-Men, and most ongoing superhero stories, it’s about peaks and valleys. We take them to the edge of destruction and see them come out the other side as something stronger hopefully. It’s a painful process for sure, it’s been painful to write, but I think when people see the bigger framework of what we did and where things are going in the coming years, I think a lot of the choices we made will make even more sense.

From Rich the Leech's site mind you.

Attached: RCO015_1561558181.jpg (1040x1600, 610K)

who cares they'll all be back eventually

The important ones anyway. Surge gets killed she's staying dead.

And nothing of value would be lost?

Where does Chamber rate?

Well the guy didn't say anything about value now did he?

Nice knowing you, Mercury. You were one of the few mutants I actually liked.

Right there with Synch and Skin.

She was killed in the blast? Well that sucks. If that's the case she be super dead.

I never said she was killed in this blast, but she's obviously not surviving this event by its end.

That said, I still remember M-Day when Mercury was actually crying over NOT losing her powers.

That's always the case for teen heroes. Especially if they are from the X-Men.

Attached: d724d1bbc31f6f6396628d04f674fcb6.jpg (584x800, 79K)

yeah we all found it painful too

>finds it painful to kill a bunch of muties when he knows the reboot is coming and none of it matters
what a fucking hack

She seems to be safe in that fake world for now. Or is all the earth shattering stuff happening during Hickmen's run

Attached: 1563241505564.jpg (1987x3056, 1.35M)

She and everybody else no doubt dies once the fake world is shattered and they return to reality.

is there even a point in trying to start reading xmen?

Oh God, did they turn her into a hooker?

wait did something happen to Surge? I like her.

I really hope that isn't the case. For God sake the academy kids have suffered enough already.

You can still kill off a bunch of characters and do a good enough job of it. Rosenbum has mutants with advanced healing and super strength and agility getting beaten to death by hoodlums and characters getting stabbed randomly and every dropping to single digit IQ points.

Oh boy, I can't wait to see Gambit's den of thieves come back as a plot cause you retards keep wanting interesting characters to die instead!

>WHAKATHOOM

Attached: 1556246520662.jpg (900x900, 78K)

Translation: A bunch of PR horseshit.

>We’re taking them to one of the lowest spots they’ve ever been, and when you’re the X-Men that is real low.
Last time they did that the Xmen were stagnated for over 10 years. Putting them at their lowest nowadays never seem to work.

I think what upsets me the most is that I can't even get upset anymore.

KILLING A BUNCH OF WELL LIKED CHARACTERS JUST TO PUT WOLVERINE, CYCLOPS AND JEAN BACK IN A LOVE TRIANGLE IS NOT A DEVELOPMENT GOD DAMMIT THESE FUCKING FAGGOTS!!!!

At this point, death may be for the best. Nothing remains of the characters they once were.

In general? Yes. Plenty of good X-Men comics have been made.

Modern X-Men is absolutely terrible and has been for years, though.
Aaron, Bendis, AvX, Lemire, Guggenheim, and now Rosenberg have dragged it through the mud worse than Jim Lee and Scott Lobdell ever could.

Fuck, I forgot White.
Can't let the editors off

She's just a bouncer dressed like a hooker

She had a guest appearance in the Nightcrawler mini, she's an actress for some reason

Jono will always be number one in my heart.

Pretty early on it felt like this run was shaping up like that AU episode of Buffy where everyone died. Or during the end of X-Men 2099. That Wolfsbane job was especially shoddy though.

>We’re taking them to one of the lowest spots they’ve ever been
Well mission accomplished, quality-wise at least

Where would Craig Kyle/Chris Yost era
and Remender's X-Force rank when it comes to modern x-men?

lmao
>Yes it's a low point of the X-Men's publishing history, but people are going to look back fondly on it in a few years. So anyway thanks for spending like $125 on it.

Maybe stop killing so many of them. Lowest point or not, most X-Men outside of the popular ones get reduced to cannon fodder these days. It's lazy and lowers the stakes for active readers.

So they're making it as shit as possible to try to make hackman and anything after look good, called it.

Feels bad man.

Attached: waiting for the t2.jpg (700x665, 355K)

>the academy kids have suffered enough already
So have the fans, but here we are.

Not him, but Kyle & Yost was definitely on the top side of the last... almost 20? years.

You don't have to read the new trash, nobody said you had to

It's still hard to enjoy the old stuff in retrospect knowing how it all ends up.

Personally I really liked Remenders run

>Jim Lee and Scott Lobdell ever could.
Hey now Lobdell was never an X-men writer, and his Generation X was pretty good