Did you know Jafar was a real person ?

Did you know Jafar was a real person ?

He was a Persian vizier of the Arab Abbasid caliph Harun al-Rashid, succeeding his father (Yahya ibn Khalid) in that position. He was a member of the influential Barmakid family, formerly Buddhist leaders of the Nava Vihara monastery

Along with the rest of the Barmakids, he was executed in 803 at the orders of Harun al-Rashid. It is said that his execution was for allegedly having had an affair with Harun's sister Abbasa

But please keep that a secret from SJW or they will go ape just like with pocahontas

Attached: 1563111832877.jpg (624x600, 39K)

>But please keep that a secret from SJW or they will go ape just like with pocahontas
I don't understand why you think SJWs would care about this

I think you know fully well why but you want to derail my thread

Not much of a thread if only I've posted in it.

??????

Everyone already knew he's (very loosely) based on a real person.

Personally, I don't buy the affair story because other members of his family were executed at the same time which makes me think the alternate theory - that the Barmakids were embezzling from the Calif is far more likely.

>Be born into an affluent family in a relatively rich country in 800 AD
>Still end up executed
bad rng, what can you do

Well, I'm new and I don't see the significance either.

Besides, you can't really derail a thread that isn't really going anywhere.

Also, in 1001 Nights, the archetypal Moorish sorcerer is often given the name Jaffar as an homage so it's arguably not meant to be a direct representation of the historical figure.

Anyone else feel Jafar was a better leader than the Sultan? I think its fairly obvious while the Sultan is playing with his models he's doing the real administrative work in Agrabah. And the city seems fairly prosperous.

>the city seems fairly prosperous.
>we are literally presented with poverty striken children in the first 10 minutes

That's common knowledge OP

We are shown crippling poverty, crumbling buildings and brutal street justice to show that Agrabah is collapsing under the Sultan's rule due to Jafar's manipulation of the Sultan

As appose to any other city in that time period? Every city at that time had those issues. Hell, cities today we see doing well always as some level of poverty.

except the city is still as poor in the tv series

>It is said that his execution was for allegedly having had an affair with Harun's sister Abbasa

No that's a latter day tradition when the court life of Harun al-Rashid had become romanticized and become the subject of folk lore. The real reasons were probably related to the internal dysfunction power struggles within the Abbasid Court.

The Barmakids were just too powerful. Haroun had them purged probably because of that.

>Barmakids were embezzling from the Calif is far more likely.

This was the norm in those days.

Do you have any idea how obscenely wealthy the dynasties of the Silk Road were? The Sultan sits at the crossroads of civilization, oversseing trade from Rome, India, China, and Africa. Akbar I had a fortune equivalent to $21 trillion dollars

And the houses are made of mud and sticks. They're never gonna look good

Why didn't Jafar just hypnotise Jasmine?

Attached: excuse me commissar.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Based Motherfucking Jafar who was at least in his late 50s when he chained up 15 year old Princess Jasmine, dressed her in a red sex slave outfit, knocked her to the grown for disrespecting him (while forcing her own father to watch the physical abuse ) and made a wish to force Princess Jasmine to fall desperately in love with him in order to turn her into his own personal play thing.

Attached: Jafar.jpg (1498x4338, 1.28M)

Why control a mindless dead zombie when you can poke at, and play with the real Jasmine like a marionette.

Attached: 99954715 - Aladdin Crisisbeat Jafar Jasmine 18.png (1476x1000, 1.5M)

To an extent sure, but there still would have been limits to how much corruption would be tolerated. It also occurs to me that the Barmakids couldn't have been that powerful given how easily most of them were arrested and executed.

Not to mention they send every guard in the city after one dude who stole some bread and they couldn't catch him.

I'm pretry sure aladdin isn't wanted simply for stealing bread

>He was a Persian
Jon Jafari is Persian too.
It all makes sense now.