Why do you hate Doug? I admit the last time I watched it I was a little kid...

Why do you hate Doug? I admit the last time I watched it I was a little kid, but I kind of remember having some fond memories of the show from what little I can recall.

Attached: Doug_Funnie2.png (428x604, 139K)

The first season, and the second to a less extent, portrayed Doug as such a loser that it went into comical territory. By season 3, they managed to start writing Doug more like the normal guy he's supposed to be.

On an unrelated note: Just for fun, count how many times in the first season Roger randomly pops up wherever Doug happens to be, even if he has no reason to be there.

Rewatched Doug last week, not the worst nicktoon just the blandest

I liked him like that. I was a loser as a kid so I had someone to relate to.

Doug wasn't even a loser, just an awkward dork with problems understanding others.

S4 even makes that clear by showing how other characters interpret the things Doug does.

he was tsundere

didn't the creator of Doug get cucked?

Dammit. You know it derails every Doug thread.

He also insists that Doug doesn't get together with Patti in the future. Doug might really be a self-insert for Jim Jinkins.

Love this show. 90s Nick had so much absurdism, it really shaped my sense of humor. and I love how subtle it all was.. just weird shit like the fast food joint being Honker Burger or the goddamn classic rock band called the Beets. It's not a pun, it's not trying to be clever, it's just weird in a way that makes you laugh.

I don't *hate* the show-- I still like the art style and music to this day, but Doug himself was annoying and rather self centered, only to usually be handed a win out of any given situation he was in. Shit got old real fast. Dude even outright told Chaulkie's dad that his kid cheated on that test (but...okay in all fairness Doug was justifiably pissed by that point and the entire world had been blaming him for that.)

Sure, it's just a kid's show, but he is very over reactive to thinking that every situation he gets into will be the end of him/his social life/his whatever, but everything always works out. It felt disingenuous. He has also at times proven to be a very disloyal friend who threw and utter shit fit over the possibility that Skeeter turned out to be a genius. Not even that this meant Skeeter was (again) at risk of movie away and their friendship would be strained, but that Skeeter, despite being so weird, was smarter than Doug himself.

I watch it all the time on youtube , and I like it a lot .
It was fun and confy .

self-centered my ass. he was paranoid, vulnerable, and consumed himself with guilt over the slightest mistake he might have accidentally made
he threw a fit over skeeter being a genius because A) he assumed it wasnt true, and wasn't looking forward to how poor mosquito might feel when he finds out the truth (knowing he sure would be let down himself) and B) as a certified dumbass, he didn't want to lose his fellow idiot and be alone.

I was at this Nickelodeon Experience thing at a theme park once and the announcer guy was asking everyone what their favorite Nicktoon was. This 40 something Dad fellow sheepishly blurted out "DOUG" among the sea of children screaming "RUGRATS". The announcer stopped everything and demanded the dad repeat what he said, and he nervously did so. The announcer then let out a cackle, inciting a lot of the kids to cackle as well. He threw a green pie at his face and the kids immediately began to attack the dad with all the furry as a bunch of hungry piranhas. He was left a bloody heap and then the show started. I thought it was all a little too much. I mean, DOUG was an alright show.

>Sure, it's just a kid's show, but he is very over reactive to thinking that every situation he gets into will be the end of him/his social life/his whatever, but everything always works out. It felt disingenuous

To be fair, that's how a lot of people feel when they reach adolescence, a few years older than Doug. He wants to fit in and "be one of the guys" thinks anything negative he does will ruin his chances to be accepted forever. However most teenagers usually get over it after time, they'll feel like their life is over for like, one day and be fine the next, but Doug has a hard time letting that go. He's both more mature and less mature than his peers at the same time. He understands social status and trying to make a good impression and the importance of socially acceptable behavior and understands at this point he is not a leader of any sort, but at the same time doesn't know how to process these emotions and fears, which is what ends up causing his problems and embarrassments in the first place.

jesus user, 'socially acceptable behavior' ? Remind me never to try to fit in with you

>self-centered my ass. he was paranoid, vulnerable, and consumed himself with guilt over the slightest mistake he might have accidentally made
>he threw a fit over skeeter being a genius because A) he assumed it wasnt true, and wasn't looking forward to how poor mosquito might feel when he finds out the truth (knowing he sure would be let down himself) and B) as a certified dumbass, he didn't want to lose his fellow idiot and be alone.

He guilts himself so much because he wants to be accepted in a circle of friends. He doesn't want to lose that status so he goes with whatever everyone else is doing. He's accepted that he is not a leader and goes with what everyone else is doing, he is incredibly vulnerable to peer pressure.

He was so upset and denying himself about Skeeter because Skeeter was his main link into the circle of friends, and his best friend. He did not want to lose the social status he worked hard for and felt betrayed because his best friend was leaving him behind. Without Skeeter, he would've lost everything he gained ever since coming to Bluffington.

It's what Doug believes it is, not actually what it is. He's still young.

sounds like you agree with me?

He was a faggot who thought he was growing pit hair when it was just grass clippings.

Pretty much, but someone believing that their world was being taken away from them would piss anybody off like it did to Doug. His belief just wasn't as rational as most other peoples.

oh fair enough, it just sounded like you were justifying that way of thinking.
considering Doug's parents actually, i'm not surprised Judy turned out the way she did. Man, that Judy. she's so on the cusp between irritating and waifu. In the disney show she becomes a lot more reliable and a genuine bro, but she gets an uglier nose.

I had the opposite experience at Doug's age. I thought I must have gotten wounds on my nads and hairs gotten caught in the scabs, but it was actually pubes. Like fucking big long ones, looked just like Doug's hair actually, either overnight or I'd just not checked my nards in a few days.

Doug and Judy are pretty similar. Doug tries to be creative but he's really modest and low key about it. He doesn't shove his latest issue of Quailman into everybody's faces at school, he just likes being (what he believe is) creative. Judy on the other hand wants to be creative so much to impress everybody. Everything she says and does is like she's doing performance art, and she wants to world to know she's unique and special and feel shes above other people who don't "get her". Doug on the other hand just desires to be a normal kid at school just like everybody else, but the harsh desires to be normal is what makes him actually crazy.

deep, dude.
what I wanna know is where the fuck were schools like Judy's when I was her age? She actually had tons of similar-minded friends who were all into her crazy shit

>sell it to disney
>everyone gets cool gadgets except mr dink who keeps his cool gadgets and his wife becomes mayor
I've never wanted to fart on a fucking television show so hard, god dammit.

Don't consider it canon. Too much weird shit happened in those season. Doug was almost completely grounded in reality in Nick. With Disney weird stuff that could never possibly happen in real life happened, like aliens and lake monsters. It was fucking stupid because it made Doug's fantasies useless. They were supposed to be crazy and extreme compared to the mostly realistic town Doug lived in. If real life is like that too, you lose the contrast and defeat the main purpose of the entire show.

it was really disappointing, but what really hurts is knowing that this isn't a case of them changing all the cast, most of the same people were involved, and while jim jinkins contributed less, he was still there... it just.. wasn't as good.

I hated him because he was a whiny, smug little shit towards Judy, a real artist.

Judy probably sucked a lot of dicks.

damn bourgeois plebes. so pedestrian.

When she left for college she probably became a lesbian for 4 years.

A dick sucking lesbian

>has plenty of spending money but no job

Yeah Mr Dink is tapping that for sure.

Yeah, his dink smells funnie

So from what I gather autists really hate Doug because it reminds them of what they were like as kids

And what will happen to them, if his cucked creator is anything to go by.

I'm still like Doug to this day and I'm in my mid-20's

Attached: 1547743009252.jpg (236x218, 11K)

She probably attended a magnet school that specialized in drama/the arts. I attended a high school where the curriculum was heavily based around one's overall performance in drawn art. We'd have to assemble a portfolio by year's end and shit of our progress. It was quite fucking bothersome.

Do you think she ever went after Patti just to piss off Doug?

It's just incredibly bland. And each episode really has no actual problem at all that even needs a resolution in the first place. It's always something like Doug forgot to say Hi to Patti, or he lost a pencil or something then worries over it and has a couple imaginary sequences about it. Then the problem basically solves itself each time.

By the end you really don't think you watched anything at all.

i miss all of that crazy doug crap from 07-08
wish my harddrive didn't fry

Attached: dougcraft.jpg (1241x780, 197K)

I would not call him self centered.

More like VERY self conscious and no self esteem, and very quick to panic over something that is essentially nothing at all. And usually that nothing event turns out to be literally nothing to worry over by the end of the episode.

It was utterly boring and only "WACKY" in the safest way possible. Doug himself is a self absorbed retard and every problem he faces is one of his own invention that never pays out with a satisfying ending.

>OMG SKEET I HAVE THE BIGGEST PROBLEM EVER...oh wait no it was nothing.

>expecting the girl you liked in high school to still be available ten years later only to recieve a heavy dose of reality is getting cucked

Doug was one of my "imprint" cartoons. i only liked it because it was my first. it's comfy but bland

this

I only have vague memories of watching the disney run of this show as a toddler
I tried watching some episodes on the splat, and it really was pretty boring. it literally felt like I was watching a preschool show. I can't believe this was actually on the same channel as Ren and stimpy back in the day