Birds Of Prey screening leaves audience, Warner Bros with split reaction

altpress.com/news/birds-of-prey-test-screening-reactions/

>Although the upcoming Suicide Squad spinoff Birds Of Prey isn’t slated to hit theaters until early next year, it looks like the film may have already hit a bit of a snag. Test Screenings of the movie have left split reactions between audiences and Warner Bros. executives.

>So what could this mean for the forthcoming film?

>Screen Rant’s Stephen M. Colbert took to Twitter to state that audiences were “raving” about Birds Of Prey. He went on to reveal that the internal WB screening had the “opposite effect.”

>“So the audience test screening for Birds of Prey had people raving about it and the internal WB test screening seemingly had the opposite effect. So basically all I needed to be reassured. Hopefully Robbie can keep their hands off of it.”

>So the audience test screening for Birds of Prey had people raving about it and the internal WB test screening seemingly had the opposite effect. So basically all I needed to be reassured. Hopefully Robbie can keep their hands off of it.

>Fans were concerned over the split reaction, afraid that if Warner Bros. got too involved we’d have another Justice League incident on our hands.

Attached: Birds Of Prey Harley Quinn.jpg (700x400, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk&list=LLDDadD7-5MLIHzdEQJ6xQLA&index=8&t=0s
youtu.be/e82JHkkPw54
youtube.com/watch?v=P_FTsR5QfDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=k8qAx2QIgTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i want to lick robbie's tummy

ZACK SNYDER WANTS YOUR LOCATION

>Paid shills who got to see an advance screening said they liked it.
Whoa that's shocking.

that, that's not how it works.

I saw go ahead and don’t change anything (unless it involves making a less gay PG13 version for China)

At this point there is nothing left to lose.

Either it makes tons like Aquaman or bombs like Shazam. Time to see what the public wants.

>the shills liked it but the executives didn't
That's not how that works, that's not how any of it works.

Let me try to understand your logic here.
The paid shills liked it but somehow the people paying the shill didn't.
Can you explain the dissonance?

objectively the people spending millions on the movie would be even more critical than the paid shills
of course this is WB/DC and not Disney/Marvel

Yeah.

Even if it is a shitty film, doing a Frankenstein edit of it can only make it worse. Just go with the filmmakers' vision, whether the film is good or bad.

If it's bad, don't take it as a sign that you have to control your directors and screenwriters more. Take it as a sign that you need to hire better directors and screenwriters.

so artsy fartsy producers/critics like it because they put money into it and fans of the source material hate it except for a few contrarians trying to be those twats that love it because others hate it so they can feel special for a few minutes.. got it. The consensus is its a piece of shit or in there terms (split reactions).

We all knew it was shit from the start when we saw how it looked and saw the designs and race washing, i never intended to watch it from the start, nothing has changed.

My only view is that they could of used this money to make Suicide Squad better. Oh well.

Attached: 1512170451194.png (448x345, 381K)

use an archive you shill

who cares...

Attached: 1548723329932.jpg (2685x2685, 292K)

>objectively the people spending millions on the movie would be even more critical than the paid shills
Why even have shills then?

that's gross.

Attached: mask.jpg (750x421, 225K)

Why make a Harley Quinn movie and call it Birds of Prey? Why use Cass in name only? Why make a spinoff to one of the most universal panned movies in the last few years?

>Even if it is a shitty film, doing a Frankenstein edit of it can only make it worse.

You'd think WB had learned that already. But I bet they're just looking at Marvel and going "BUT IT'S NOT COPYING MARVEL ENOUGH! WHERE ARE ALL THE QUIPS!?"

>Why make a Harley Quinn movie and call it Birds of Prey?

Because it has Huntress and Black Canary in leading roles.

>Why make a spinoff to one of the most universal panned movies in the last few years?

Because the audiences LOVED Suicide Squad.

>Why use Cass in name only?
Because nobody knows who sin is and also Cass's origin is baggage heavy.

>Why make a Harley Quinn movie and call it Birds of Prey?
To make money and to bring BoP into the spotlight so it can make even more money.

Why not? Moviegoers don't read comics.

Attached: 1542747906775.jpg (1199x898, 166K)

>fans of the source material hate it
Kind of a no true scotsman thing you got going on there.

>Huntress and Black Canary
Cool 2 out of the three main members that spring to mind when you think of the BoP. Don't forget 60 year old Renee Montoya, cause when I hear Birds of Prey I think of grandmas.
Gonna be real disappointed on that front.

>Don't forget 60 year old Renee Montoya, cause when I hear Birds of Prey I think of grandmas.

Such a dumb complaint, holy shit.

So Black Canary is actually black, but Black Mask is still white. What kind of racist bullshit is this?

How.

>Gonna be real disappointed on that front.
Considering how suicide squad still made money despite being universally panned I kinda doubt it.

Because her age doesn't matter if she gives a good performance.

This feels like a situation where execs didn't give a rat's ass about a property, let the director and writers just do whatever as a result, and the unexpectedly positive audience reaction makes those same executives demand unnecessary changes just so they can get some of the credit for it.

Because
a) Rosie Perez is 54 and looks pretty good for her age
b) nobody else in BoP is even in their mid-30s yet.
c) Huntress and Black Canary are the more iconic members of BoP, because Babs was always behind a computer, and it's not that much of a stretch to make the movie franchise be more about them as the focus, while using Robbie's Harley as the main drawing power for the vehicle.

Getting flashbacks of what happened to swamp thing...

Not at all. The casting choice is inductive of the role she's expected to play. If you cast a 60 year old in the role of a character that is normally portrayed as less than half that then chances are more than likely she will not align with previous incarnations. If they announced Clancy Brown was gonna play Dick it would be just as ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome maybe.

Clancy ain't got the ass user. You know it, I know it, he knows it.

>If you cast a 60 year old in the role of a character that is normally portrayed as less than half that then chances are more than likely she will not align with previous incarnations

She's playing Renee as a veteran cop. Unless you were expecting heavy focus on her, with blatant nudity and lesbian sex, nothing about a 54 year old woman playing her is going to change.

>chances are more than likely she will not align with previous incarnations.
If anything casting an older woman for renee montoya aligns way more accurate as a cynical hard hitting drunk cop than casting a younger actress.

>cynical hard hitting drunk cop than casting a younger actress.
Actually, casting a middle aged, fat, mediocre white man would align more accurately seeing as she plays a pig.

Realistically she's playing Maggie Sawyer but they're calling her Renee.

If audiences liked it leave it alone. WB never fucking learns

Maggie isn't a cynical drunk.

>Realistically

Maggie was a captain by rank. Renee's clearly still a detective in this. The comparison makes no fucking sense.

>she gives a good performance.
who cares about performance, I can't fap to some granny

>blatant nudity and lesbian sex
Otherwise what's the point?

Attached: 52 v2-099.jpg (1988x3056, 1.7M)

>She's playing Renee as a veteran cop

Attached: images.png (225x225, 5K)

I want to see Rosie be a nude lesbian, even at 54

Try harder then.

I'm saying that "middle aged, veteran cop" is a far better descriptor for Maggie than Renee.

I mean unless you were hoping for her follow the same path and take up the Question mantle.

No, not really. Maggie's thing is entirely that she's the head of the department, the high ranking person in charge. That does not at all work with the characterization of Renee, who has even in the comics been a cynical, bitter drunk, prone to small corruption.

The better comparison would be Bullock, but Bullock's whole schtick is more that he's a kinda formerly corrupt cop trying to stay good because he's Gordon's pal.

Renee Question has no legs to stand on. Any movie adaptation would want to use Vic.

That was a stupid idea in the comics and no one cares about Question Renee, so much so that they have brought Vic Question numerous times

What CW show is this?

That's what I'm saying dummy. It's been 4 years since Suicide Squad came to out before we got a spinoff meaning that it would be years before any of this would come up and she's already an old.
I liked her run on Detective Comics.

Renee Question was great, the issue is that Vic is hugely important aspect of her transformation into the Question.

They can easily recast her.

wait black canary is black

BLACKED Canary

Attached: 15495175239330.jpg (604x604, 140K)

none of it is right...

Attached: negtive_reaction.jpg (600x300, 20K)

This is gonna be another case of "you have to like this movie and consider it God's gift to cinema or you're a racist and sexist, " isn't it?

Counterpoint: Starwars
youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk&list=LLDDadD7-5MLIHzdEQJ6xQLA&index=8&t=0s
I think wb just needs to get better editors.

Come on Yea Forums. If we can say "shill" at least 50 times ITT, a Robbie gets her wings.

Renee is a spic which is an important distinction to make since she would realistically be much more self loathing. She's also more of a hothead than a tempered hardass. You can't swap her with Maggie and expect things to pan out the same just because they're both dyke cops.

>I can't fap to some granny
Pathetic.

Attached: 1500769969181.jpg (715x270, 124K)

That's bizarre to me because Suicide Squad was better at being the MCU than the MCU, while also being a good movie.

test audiences are wastes of skin

I saw tummy.

It is when nuHarley is involved. The execs are still on damage control alert from all the fuckups in the DCCU, normies' brains shut down and they go apeshit when they see this bitch regardless of the quality of the actual movie.

Attached: 1545450711955.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

No wonder WB is skipping SDCC

But hey you still have The Kitchen, Joker, and Wonder Woman 2, right? I mean they can't ALL be shit, can they?

Attached: 42119895538c8a4053d8689b849950d3.gif (700x373, 3.77M)

user

Attached: 1418846435543.png (184x172, 3K)

The Kitchen could honestly go either way, McCarthy can be pretty great if you aren't inherently triggered by fat women trying to be funny.

Joker is just a shameless cash grab using an iconic character that's going stale. Screen portrayals peaked with Ledger and died with him.

WW2 is dependent on how Wiig is utilized. It could be bland and forgettable if they keep her on too tight a leash, but she'll wreck the tone if they completely turn her loose. Too much freedom and you're casting Will Ferrell as Vandal Savage, it's just not gonna work.

I hope Joker isn’t shit. It’s the only DCUE movies I’m excited for

They are all skipping SDCC except for Marvel Studios. Probably because they know the phase 4 announcements will destroy any attention from them.

Not even close as a DC movie none of that shit applies in fact you're probably more likely to get called racist and sexist if you like it

Attached: 20190715_090549.jpg (2896x2896, 832K)

It's weird how ladderbro keeps dragging the Kitchen into these discussions. It's a Vertigo movie that most people won't even know is a comic adaptation.

It is

Marvel could announce absolutely nothing and still destroy any attention because Sony and WB literally make nothing but shit

Attached: 1561565812281.png (1440x2880, 708K)

>that's going stale

According to whom?

You know Star Wars isn’t attending either right? This has nothing to do with le company wars xD

Reality. The fact that they felt pic related was necessary to keep the character interesting is a sign that they don't know what to do with him anymore.

Attached: 1561736023769.jpg (1200x800, 203K)

>Screen portrayals peaked with Ledger and died with him.
>not liking Cameron Monaghan's multiple takes

And just like that BoP is even more DoA than it already was youtu.be/e82JHkkPw54

what if they cast mark hamill and made him do the voice

I'd have the boner of the year.

>WB Executives
>Fans of the source material
Do you really think these are the same thing after disasters like Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Justice League?

They got duped into thinking Snyder had some kind of coherent vision that would deliver them their very own MCU. It took less than a movie and a half before it became obvious he had jack shit but Nolan's endorsement.

Attached: 1463862733960.png (740x400, 366K)

Yes, because it's not like every media adaptation hasn't done their own take on the character.

>could of

Patrician taste. Older women are the best.

Is Katana dead?

>I-it's Snyder's fault DC has never made a good movie in the 70 years of DC movies
Thank God you Dcucks have that excuse to fall back on even though he's got literally NOTHING to do with this movie

She's busy with better things

Attached: the-boys-movie-poster.jpg (500x625, 74K)

>Cool 2 out of the three main members that spring to mind when you think of the BoP.
Exactly.

It's so cute you think executives know anything about quality.

Of course. She has black in the name. Like Black Panther, Black Manta, Black Lightning, etc. You can't have a Black ____ character without them being black.

Cory Graves Joker must have tested well with the WB market research team.

I liked him. He's dumb and weird, almost like he has brain damage or something, and if Batman spent his nights punching you in the face you'd probably need to get all of your front teeth replaced on the regular. This Batman stopped having a "no killing" rule a while back, after all, so I doubt he bothered pulling his punches on Joker after losing that part of himself.

So it's shit again?

>Black Widow

Half black, half jew.
Played by Empire Nigger Fag's sister.

Damn that show is a plague of no talent actors getting gigs via just being around.

ScarJo has a history of relentlessly stealing minority roles. The gal of her.

>muh executive overreach
Executive overreach isn't what made every single Snyderverse film a huge piece of shit, hiring all the wrong people to make the movies did. Test audiences are famously retarded because they're just random cunts brought in off the street.

Apparently Margot Robbie was given a lot of control on this project so that's certainly no reason to celebrate.

Also the trailer looks like it was shot by high school kids it's fucking embarassing

And all of this before JJ Abrams takes over. Nice.

The audience loved it.

Test audiences love literally everything dumbass

TOMMY

Attached: 1548025853039.png (1000x563, 506K)

The test screening audience loved it.
Test screen audiences are retards.

No they don't.

the removed all the sex appeal which was the only good thing about suicide squad so I won´t be bother watching it.
it doesn´t even seem to be much of a superhero movie. more like a cheap crime drama with a few bad action scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=P_FTsR5QfDQ

Flat poorly-lit shots of characters looking bored. What a fantastic trailer and what a great look at the artistic vision behind this project.

It's shit.

>trailer
It's clearly a screen test you retard. Did you honestly think these shots were going to be in the movie? Jesus.

>"BIRDS OF PREY TEASER #1"
>i-it's just a screen test!

Attached: playmeoffjohnny.gif (500x375, 443K)

HBO Girls: The Superhero movie

Oh shit. I'm happy to see she got in on that. I haven't read The Boys, but my friends who have think it looks great.

Holy shit user, you actually do. That's fucking hilarious.

Nah you can just say this movie is homophobic.

WB is probably worried if an R rated chick flick is going to sell.
seeing as it cost 75 million i wouldn't worry about it

The same way they liked SS and JL, no doubt.

Holy fuck! They are actually made it?

Attached: download (3).jpg (223x226, 9K)

DC has the only actually good superhero movie ever made
>bbbbbut based disney.
nah

Imagine being this much of a pleb.

Attached: 1403842668183.jpg (1024x768, 74K)

>Implying it will be good

Never said it would be good dumbass
Shitting on DC automatically makes it better than DC shit

How is it shitting on DC? You do know they arent the only ones who make edgy comics, right dumbass

Who is the target audience ?

Tumblrinas

They still exist after the purge?

Attached: 2011-10-14-CoughlinRed.jpg (450x305, 112K)

They are the only ones left desu

Unironically I respect her for that.

>People who are invited/paid to be there
>"Wow, I'm having such a great time! That was a fun movie! Thanks WB!"
>WB execs who HAVE to be there and thus ironically have the most unbiased outlook on the film at that moment
>"Oh fuck this has some problems."

grrrl power

Because they're being paid to be there, not to say that the movie is good. But you've been invited out to a major studio to be wined and dined and asked to give your honest opinion to the people who made it.

You think your average popcorn muncher is gonna say "yeah it was dogshit and you all wasted my time, keep the goodiebag and never invite me out to one of these again"?

It's the same with early journalist screenings. If you shit-talk the movie, you (and by extension your outlet) may not be invited back in the future.

The problem is studio execs are notoriously sensitive, egocentric creatures who want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to know their investment is sound and the movie is good, but they also don't like bad news.

Honestly, they shouldn't have fired Johns.

>side cut
>septum piercing
Oh wow, all the teens back in 2014 are gonna think this look totally epic slays!

I can see how something like this would be subtle enough to go over the average DC fan's head

Attached: DxtZS6PU8AAHFdQ.jpg (1025x513, 59K)

Basically. Studios have realized they can manipulate the social justice cult into doing their advertising for them.

Sony tried to do this with Ghostbusters, but people stopped defending that when it came out and it was unquestionably shit.

Disney's found the key is to make the movie at least mediocre (and more importantly profitable, since popularity = quality to so many of these people) so the fight will go on, see Captain Marvel and likely Little Mermaid.

I'm interested to see if WB will pull it off with this one, or if making Black Mask a gay stereotype who wants his dick pics back is a toe over the line that makes the idpol crowd turn on it completely.

>WB execs who HAVE to be there and thus ironically have the most unbiased outlook on the film at that moment
We're talking about the people who wanted to make swamp thing into a police procedural, the same people who hired joss whedon to do the justice league reshoots. I just love the idea that you're gonna go to the bat for designed by commitee movies.

The Kitchen looks like one of those bland mid 2000's "hey we found a comic, this'll make us a billion dollars right?" cash-ins, just with a woke attitude which is ALWAYS a sign of quality.

Joker legit looks great, memes aside. I'm glad they flat out said that it's some OC Elseworlds shit, because I think an actor like Joaquin could do some really great stuff with the character concept.

Wonder Woman 2 is 100% dependent on how Wiig is utilized and if they decide to copy the tone of Captain Marvel or not.

Counter-point: that's not how test audiences work. Ask a person for their opinion amd they're gonna give it to you and we see that with negative test audiences.

GO WATCH THE TRAILER NOW

Kill yourself company warrior nigger

>the people who wanted to make swamp thing into a police procedural
would unironically be a million times better than what it is now

They hated Phoenix

Huh. Looks like a decent B movie. Might watch it sometime

Attached: 819bbc5af242e29e4e61d0c12a48ad3e50d5d5fd.jpg (384x313, 83K)

>I just love the idea that you're gonna go to the bat for designed by commitee movies.
Except that's literally not what I'm saying at all.

WB has no idea how to fix a problem movie, but they've proven time and time again that they can recognize when they've made a real piece of trash, hence why they ordered all those reshoots and edits on BvS, Suicide Squad, and Justice League.

>Except that's literally not what I'm saying at all.
That's exactly what you're saying because you can't cope with the idea that people are gonna like this movie.

Every girl that dressed like Harley Quinn for Halloween and comic con

Everything so far makes this look like the next Catwoman.

I like both major Birds of Prey runs, but they're the definition of 6/10 boilerplate cape, I don't mind if they take some risks or change things up, if it has a clear vision and is entertaining, the GotG movies are drastically different from the DnA run, but I love both and in some cases even prefer how the movie take on a character like Drax, but this BoP just looks like a cheap shitty CW crossover episode, caramel QTs and gay jedis won't change that.

Not him, but that's a stretch.

>Renee Montoya is lesbian...

Well, yeah

The casting is shit besides Ewan but we haven't even seen a trailer yet

It absolutely is you stupid fuck.

No it's not, it's goes against the very idea of market research.

Except the test audience had a positive reaction.

Execs always want the safest, most generic, wider audience trash.

>typing a stutter
Fuck off faggot.

Which is why so many movies these days are complete and utter garbage.

They don't care about proper market research this disagree with the market and have shown time and time again they think advertising and particularly "positive reception" matters more than actual quality or entertainment indexes.

They supposedly gave BvS a standing ovation as well.

BVS had selective screening.

Are you implying this didn't?

Bullshit. Anything even remotely artsy or cerebral or challenging gets abysmal test audience scores.

Gee. And Hollywood keeps acting like it is just Trump's the one that's racist. They shoyld look in the mirror.

t.ladderfag

It's hilarious how many leftist idiots on twitter are defending giant corporations and promoting their capitalist product. And they do it for free.

Attached: 1467794441943.jpg (1334x750, 121K)

If the test audience liked it then leave it like that. Don’t fix what’s not broken.

>Anything even remotely artsy or cerebral or challenging gets abysmal test audience scores.
Yeah like Fantfourstic or Dark Phoenix

Attached: Suicide Squad Test Screening.png (738x539, 722K)

the oscar award winning suicide squad

Not implying, outright saying.

I genuinely think this is proof that WB execs are the problem. They interfere and fuck up their movies.

>they edit it down to be PG-13

Attached: mfw.png (369x419, 150K)

this was a huge hit though and sold tons of dvds and every girl dresses like harley quinn to this day
>bbbbut critics didn't like it
critics thought Last Jedi was the best star wars movie ever made

Why are you typing out a stutter? Piss off you annoying retard

ngl i would let strongarm sit on my face

Sluts dressing likes sluts on Halloween is no measure of success you shill.

The point is that the audiences consensus was generally more favorable

the world is full of sluts, just saying. She sells.

>expecting Yea Forumsmblr to know anything

Based

These look like stills from a CW cape show, not a goddamn theatrical movie. WB gives even less of a shit about this movie than Yea Forums.

This user has a point. Suicide Squad made money without even China’s help.

Even more so than Shazam which was praised by Critics and praised by youtubers (even Red Letter Media liked it) and had a high Rotten Tomatoes score yet still bombed.

At this point, you might as well just take the chance and see if lighting strikes twice.

>If they announced Clancy Brown was gonna play Dick it would be just as ridiculous.

I would fucking love to see that.

Attached: 1331688085425.jpg (624x480, 26K)

Shazam! made somewhere between 3 and 4 times its budget despite a shitty release date and featuring a character with little in the way of cultural awareness among the populace.

You had me believing until the thing about dick pics

>JL
must be most popular movie around here, if people didn't hate Snyder's movies just to be in "trend"

an Alex Ross diss, WOW!

>disasters like Man of Steel, Batman v Superman
only a poser hate them
Real DC fans love, or at least respect MoS and BvS as they are ,indeed, mostly accurate to source material, more than any other movie (as of today)

>Sony and WB literally make nothing but shit
Imagine unironically thinking this.
Imagine still not eating Infinity Wars blu-ray with proofs

this

It's real

Attached: 20190710_120137.jpg (1077x614, 183K)

>The Kitchen
Elizabeth Moss is an automagic nope for me. McCarthy looks ok in it. Isn't the STRONK WOMYN; MUCH POWER WOW market somewhat saturated at this point in time though?
(I haven't read the comic)

The executives will win and we will have another movie of Suicide Squad quality,

or worse, BvS quality.

People care about Nightwing. Nobody gives a fuck about Renee Montoya.

Vic Sage is best Question.

>doesn't know what the purpose of test screenings are

>Movie is a piece of shit as a comic book movie but people love it.
>Execs try to "salvage" it by making it way shittier.
There's no way to win this, isn't it?

sure there is

you could stop being a DC fan like the smart people did years ago

no, ladderbro
cringer, ladderbro

so you are retarded

> with little in the way of cultural awareness among the populace
yeah, such big difference compared to Deadpool and Harley Quinn before movies
It doesn't matter what budget was, what matters is how many ppl went to see it.
Not much, just like "Marvel's equevalent of Dark Knight" Logan (again compared to Deadpoll)

Those screenings were for the workers and executives.

I wonder if reshoots could save this movie. Given that they have at least half a year before release I'd say so.

Didn't save Suicide Squad or Justice League. This is the movie more or less.

Reshoots probably won't save anything. The gay stuff might be able to be cut out. A reshoot of the end scene so it's not nudes would be decent.

You know, from the thumbnail, I thought he was wearing about a thousand used condoms.

Which really wouldn't be out of character.

Attached: 126876541.jpg (126x125, 2K)

>he

Attached: -_-.jpg (499x306, 17K)

I swear, that fucking 'Damaged' is just one of the worst costume decisions I've ever seen in my life. I could possibly accept Leto's Joker with all the other shit even if it wouldn't be a good design but that fucking tattoo just crosses over into laughably bad.

Attached: gbccgna0qo631.jpg (1080x1478, 100K)

Is lying on the internet your day jon or something?

I feel like most of the leaks of this movie would be better received if they were original characters. The fact that it’s looking like a good chunk of these characters look like they only so in name only suggests a lack of effort. Maybe they’ll pull a GotG, but I doubt it, especially given the DCEU track record.

>it's an elseworld
Boom problem solved

Nice try, Snyder. Stop sucking your own dick and accept the Snyder movies are dumpster fires that are obsessed with a particular, extreme take of DC characters that'd present them as shallow, pathetic imitations of the actual source material.

Trying to pretend you're the fucking first person to realize their moms have the same name is like realizing they're both blue eyed, dark haired white dudes that wear a cape. Like, holy shit, take eleven Oscars.

Stop breathing and save oxygen.

Shazam make 3 times it's budget, what the fuck are you on about? Just because it didn't make billions doesn't mean it was a bomb.

Attached: 1555446498014.jpg (825x464, 54K)

>cast a 55 year old Puerto Rican to plat a 30 year old Dominican
Why is Hollywood so racist?

Attached: mocking_Carla.jpg (1040x776, 130K)

>suicide zwad
>ignore red and black color scheme, give harley neon pink and blue highlights
>suicide swad 1.5 birds of gay
>fuck it.. make her gold.. GOLD!

I like Renee from Gotham Cenrral and her turn as The Question. Still sucks Vic died, just like killing off Ted was dumb. Though at least Vic got some closure. Plus we are I dunno how many reboots from that and they brought back Ted to be with Jaimie.

Oh and sadly no one cares about Nightwing. (At least that is what Dan Didio thinks. When had he ever been wrong?)

Attached: saddamdidio1jo1.jpg (297x137, 10K)

Shazam didn't out gross the "universal bomb" that was Solo.
Of course, budgets are relevant to this but by way of sheer numbers and tickets sold, not a whole lot of people saw Shazam.

>Puerto Rican
>Dominican
I don't see any difference, they all look the same

See. Like I said. Racist.

Hammill pretty much portrays his Trickster as the Joker on CW's Flash.

I know a couple """"influencers"""" who have access to this kind of stuff and it's absolutely how it works. You get paid to have "exclusive access" to stuff like this and it allows you to grow your audience. There's nothing in contract about being forced to like the product, but there's an implication that if you speak against it publicly you'll jeopardize your chances of attending future events. One of these people I know was invited to a thing down on the WB lot a couple months ago and got to tour the set, take pictures with the cast and crew, and get "exclusive scoops" with an NDA and an embargo that lifts early next year, and even though privately they thought it was awful and directionless, they were publicly enthused and shilling.

At the end of the day it's a paycheck, and it's a pretty nice one. You get paid per gig to shill, and if you don't shill, you won't have the next gig. This way big companies can fake a grassroots campaign and make it seem like being a "superfan" will get you privileges.

>Dan Didio thinks. When had he ever been wrong
literally never

>DC has never made a good movie in the 70 years of DC movies
The Dark Knight trilogy shits on the MCU, keep coping

>Also the trailer looks like it was shot by high school kids it's fucking embarrassing
Not even a trailer, or actual footage of the movie

>I know a couple """"influencers""""
no you don't
/thread

How possible is that Margot asked for less attractive co stars?

well, she's a woman, so yeah it's totally possible

Attached: mrobbie060716bznimage11.jpg (1200x1613, 310K)

>Mary Elizabeth Winstead
>not attractive

Virgin detected

wait, you're not a virgin? gtfo

Look at this and all I can think is Tank Girl.

Im lacking sleep so I might be reading into this wrong but what I'm taking away from this is
It's currently very good but it will likely get fucked over by WB morons

>user genuinely doeant know what "bombs" means

Attached: dfg1.jpg (600x600, 31K)

>>Paid shills who got to see an advance screening said they liked it.
>Whoa that's shocking.

like the fant4stic four

i'm surprised how much power Margot Robbie has from nowhere

>Because the audiences LOVED Suicide Squad.
No, they didn't.

>split audience
>At an advance screening
The movie will be unmitigated shit.

She is almost white. I don't even see this as race bending

>They got duped into thinking Snyder had some kind of coherent vision that would deliver them their very own MCU.
He had a coherent version

BvS is pure and unadultered snyder kino. Snyder was given full liberty for that movie. This is what troubles me, if they did it for the “superkino”, why not for this? This actually makes people laugh ( by the looks of it).

Hopefully it makes the same amount of money.

>this was a huge hit though and sold tons of dvds and every girl dresses like harley quinn to this day
no one cares anymore. Sold tons of dvd? on this age LOL

Eh, his swearing rant about what is good leaves me with doubts.

it is if you're a heterosexual

Tbh. Same

Why post ahegao stromgarm what does that have to do with anything

No suits...
Why?

Attached: harley.jpg (1080x1350, 354K)

Can't afford it

youtube.com/watch?v=k8qAx2QIgTE

The big problem I see is that the choices were not to have actresses with martial arts skills
Black Canary is also known for fighting skills
The biggest mistake was to have put Margot to produce this movie

Attached: BLACK CANARY.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

How DC can be so based with animation and bad with movies?

Attached: based dc.png (450x540, 282K)

Spoken like a true DCuck who hasn't seen anything animated from DC in over a decade

2d animation introduces limitations and expectations that force the writing to actually be semi-passable and the plots memorable (at least for either OVA's or made-for-TV-"event"-episodes).

where-as films can manage to slide by a lot easier with just name-recognition and fancy CGI-shit everywhere.

animation is probably cheaper than the big name high-budget Hollywood shit, if only because high-budget hollywood shit is prime money-laundering and tax-fraud territory. though has less of a potential for return and prestige.

Cant wait for a billion thots to dress like this for Halloween

>Shazam make 3 times it's budget
Remember that half of tits grossing goes to cinema theaters.
It barely reacher its budget and marketing costs actually

Flashpoint and Under the Hood are good. Drown yourself ladderbro

>2013 and 2010
Like I said

>just like fans "raved" about BvS
Yeah this is gonna be another turd

>Ladderfag doesn't know what a decade is
Not surprised

Attached: 1400195554055.jpg (500x400, 51K)