Theme park thread

Disneyland vs Disney World :
youtu.be/fYNQjuVWRN4

Post pics or tell stories of your absolute favorite souvenirs.

Romance: best places to fall in love at Disney, tell us your stories

Harry Potter world collection :

youtu.be/_RK9wp28Sfk

Attached: a8c1bfe3f752a1c4b848c85c499c0b6f.jpg (640x960, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0hEVq5hJM0o
today.com/health/rabies-alert-part-walt-disney-world-after-cat-scratches-workers-t158279
cocokeyorlando.com/about-the-hotel/hotel-amenities/
floridaysresortorlando.com
youtu.be/iEzlc1dkhEY
youtube.com/watch?v=O-z5cpmh14o
orlandoparkstop.com/news/rumors/yoshi-omnimover-ride-details-for-super-nintendo-world-yoshis-adventure/
youtube.com/watch?v=lCQaSXYkfzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=18iAdl-wyEw
youtube.com/watch?v=y2pkC7TpIK0
orlandoparkstop.com/news/rumors/leaked-model-photos-show-off-super-nintendo-world-for-universal-parks/
youtu.be/WYMoqDbN8RA
youtube.com/watch?v=wA6XaSHkwfk
youtu.be/90f9wfZKF9o
youtu.be/f5SxqJ081LU
youtu.be/VjNR-zU_hLA
youtu.be/Y_gW7JmInDM
youtube.com/watch?v=YoAG2-tberU
youtu.be/usIFwzIxP4g?t=42
youtube.com/watch?v=aNH0l9qKfcI
youtu.be/PmQ1XTWg74M
kwwl.com/cedar-falls/2019/07/15/lost-island-to-add-100-million-theme-park-construction-begins-soon/
youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc
getawaytoday.com/tickets
youtube.com/watch?v=Z15D4-DfRQs
youtube.com/watch?v=oTk9t9R0DwI
news.yahoo.com/i-was-so-livid-disney-heiress-visits-theme-park-undercover-to-see-worker-conditions-093000722.html
orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/hhn/details/announcements#ghostbusters-at-hhn-2019/
youtu.be/WuN5Epcu2x0
youtube.com/watch?v=WeUyZApr5OQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Galaxy's Edge
More like Kill it with a Sledge

I live 25 minutes from Disneyland and haven't gone for 12 years.

I'M GOING APE!

Attached: 59 .png (204x496, 179K)

SeaWorld plushies are my thing.

Attached: 30214271 (2).jpg (500x500, 18K)

Wonder what excuse all those clickbait channels will have when Galaxy's Edge is always completely full at Hollywood Studios

Honestly what happened here? I've never seen this kind of behavior at Disney. Usually poor people (not talking about race, but behavior) don't get into Disney in the first place. How did they get in?

Vlog of resort and park:
youtu.be/0hEVq5hJM0o

>A rabies alert has been issued for a 2-mile portion of Florida's Walt Disney World after a feral cat scratched two employees. The Florida Department of Health in Orange County issued the 60-day rabies warning Tuesday after the cat tested positive for rabies.
today.com/health/rabies-alert-part-walt-disney-world-after-cat-scratches-workers-t158279

Attached: img_027.jpg (960x720, 110K)

>police pull you over
>ask for identification and license
>whip out pic related
>”oh... okay sir, i understand. have a good night”
8) im such a boss

Attached: 38DD479F-B004-4DD7-AFF9-EA03732C8845.jpg (225x225, 18K)

Care to trade homes then?

Monthly instalment annual passes. Riff raff have taken over since this was introduced.

I hate this fag. Does he have to be so gay? I helped him out once and he never even said thank you.

why does 6flags have to be so shitty?
and why does DC and Looney tunes have to associate with that theme park

Haha, nice!!

Yeah as I watched him more, he started to gross me out. Something about him is off...he wanted a photo op with the cut out clearly meant for little girls. He didn't stay on site either. Not that the Sheraton is the worse option but...

WHY

Attached: 7758661524d4be9caa45fe92e924b1b3.jpg (500x615, 74K)

Because one day passes go as high as $150, and annual passes as high as $700. That's not counting park, and anything you spend inside. It's a fucking racket.

But it's worth it.

Attached: e2c4812cff9753618b8e315f02962531.jpg (640x1280, 111K)

cocokeyorlando.com/about-the-hotel/hotel-amenities/

I want to stay here

floridaysresortorlando.com

Or here

Disneyland is a soulless husk of its former self.

20 years ago you could feal the magic in the air, now all thats in the air is ballsweat and advertising.

This ride looks amazing at Tokyo Disneyland:

youtu.be/iEzlc1dkhEY

>t. Doesn't like coasters

Disney World is always pretty crowded

I want to know your predictions and hopes

Attached: 780w-3523.jpg (780x350, 44K)

I lost hope for Disney a long time ago.

Attached: Screenshot_20190627-153005.jpg (1027x1181, 427K)

Not much since they announced a lot of shit last time

Would CP housing be in the radius? Because sometimes you would just see like 6 drunk people sitting in a circle petting these stray cats at like 2am outside.

I fucking loved those cats.

Attached: 645A176D-5DAF-4F54-A64F-7F4C53B834B6.jpg (749x694, 96K)

Poor cat, sleep tight and happy dreams will come

I want to slap that kid upside the head and then stomp on his stupid fucking hat as he cries in pain, fear, and confusion, while doing my best mickey mouse voice, telling him how much of a dumb fuck he is and how much of a mistake he must be for his parents to give him such a stupid spelling of the name shawn. His name isn't fucking shawn, it's seen. And with a name like that, he shoulda seen this asswhoopin' coming from a mile away. Stupid dickhead.

Goddamn man, you okay?

What about Disneyland? I heard they always have stray cats wondering around.

Disneyland cast member here. Answering any questions about whatever.

Last time I went to Disney there was a 40 minute wait for It's a Small World at one point.

A day pass during peak season is $120, it's pretty fucking easy to afford to go to Disney.

Are cms surprised about how slow the new star wars area is?

For the few I've spoken to about it, no. Aside from the Falcon ride, there really isn't much to do in the area.

post more adorable kids at disney

I w-was adorable.. w-wasn't I?

Attached: IMG_20181012_150011.jpg (600x800, 100K)

Yes user, yes.

Attached: disneyworld.gif (400x300, 831K)

>always hear about girls back in highschool doing the Disney College Program
>essentially give you housing for cheap, work at Disney, and teach you hospitality skills
>this being at Disney World
>they also get in the park for free whenever they want
>consider the idea, as I'd finally have time to do everything instead of shoving it into an itinerary
>but also consider doing that kind of shit too much would kill the magic

Sounds like a dream to go whenever you wanted, but I think the small amount of times someone goes (hell, if you even go at all), is good enough. I imagine it wouldn't be the same for something like Universal Studios themeparks, but more or less associating work with something for amusement might make bad connections.

Attached: 1388467663801.jpg (264x292, 28K)

Bullshit, all the 'poor people' passes are blocked right now for Disneyland. They've been blocked since the very beginning of June.

This was me and my brother yeaaaaars ago.

Attached: 20190715_114752.jpg (4032x2268, 2.27M)

It honestly does the opposite of killing the magic. I did two CPs and was part time for awhile, and left the company last year. Even though, I objectively have a nicer “adult” job, I still have this urge to fuck off again, and reapply to WDW again, and get paid shit and work out in the sun for 12 hours.

When it comes to going to the parks, you still go all the damn time. You might go for fewer hours, or get very efficient at planning what to do, and how to navigate the parks, but most people I know still go regularly, while working there. I would go in early before work, just to grab some food, and do one ride or maybe watch one show all the time.
Same with Universal when I was there part time.

I've been on it! The ride itself is very short, especially for the long line it has, but the theming is incredible.

That's gotta be early nineties fashion.

You still are user

It really isnt unless you're a gigantic faggot about disney.

this it doesnt really make you wanna go less if anything it makes you wanna go more and you notice different details since your not in a rush to do every attraction and show
>meet anna
>she shows me her shoes
what did she mean by this?

I FUCKING MISS MY COLLEGE PROGRAM

I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK

Attached: 1551071445534.jpg (327x239, 10K)

come to Paris

Attached: 2007205_w767h767c1cx504cy197cxt0cyt0cxb1000cyb625.jpg (767x767, 131K)

>Romance: best places to fall in love at Disney, tell us your stories

I proposed at Disney this January and we're planning to go for our honeymoon in a few months.

you forgot to have mung in the comment

I’ll be at Disneyland very soon, how bad is Hyperspace Mountain compared to the original? I love the latter to death but I didn’t remember until recently that it was reskinned because of Galaxy’s Edge, and I never rode that version before.

why tho?

I love Orange Bird merch, hes so cute and lovable

I'm currently sitting next to pic related, his beak is a lil wonky but i still love him

Attached: birb.jpg (500x500, 17K)

Tell us some entertaining stories. Either heartwarming stuff or trashy or whatever.

Congrats, user. I can't wait until I have a family of my own I can take on trips to Disney and junk the way my folks do with me and my brother.

Do you like Star Wars? If yes, and you've never been on Hyperspace, you'll probably enjoy it the first time. I did, but now every time it returns I get gradually more agitated with it.

I love Space Mountain as well, my favorite in the park, and made a character-limit reaching post about my problems with Hyperspace in the last thread. To consolidate my autism, Hyperspace:
>lacks the abstract imagination of Space Mountain
>lacks the amazing music
>regurgitates very basic Star Wars content that's been done to death
>new special effects light up the track and break the "space" illusion

There's nothing outright bad about it, and there are a few cool visuals, but I'm so tired of it that's its hard to talk about it objectively

Orlando local here. Just visited Disneyland back in March and holy shit can I say it's it a much better park than WDW in just about every single way. Every ride they have over there is a straight upgrade to the dog shit we have in these parks and the Maxpass system is way better than the stupid fastpass plus bullshit we have here. In DL, you can only get a fastpass if you are in the park that day, no reserving in advance or whatever like they allow at WDW where hotel guests can book fastpasses 60 days in advance, thereby taking all the good rides for themselves. WDW also has way worse food and worse tourists making it such an ass to go to. I worked as a tour guide there so I'm probably just burnt out on WDW and it has lost all of its magic to me.

Also all the Harry Potter rides at Universal are better than anything WDW has built in the past decade. Fuck Flights of Passage, fuck Toy Story Land, and fuck Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Hagrid is the best ride in Florida and Universal will trump Disney when Nintendo World comes out.

/rant

Attached: 1563121033384.jpg (500x667, 112K)

Which rides stood out to you most as improvements? I'm a Califag that visits DL at least once a year and have only been to WDW once back in 2005, so I can't remember enough for direct comparisons, as well as several major things opening after then.

Did you go to DCA, and if so, what did you think about Radiator Springs Racers? That's our most recent major exclusive.

I can for sure say every single ride at DL is a direct improvement except I prefer our Tower of Terror compared to your Mission Breakout (which is still really fun).

The Maxpass system made it so easy to go through fastpass on every ride I wanted and I was able to go on my favorites multiple times.

Most improved rides would be Space Mountain and Pirates, the others had moderate changes that I very much enjoyed but the two I mentioned had drastic changes. Our Space is very old and rickety and slaps your fucking balls every time you go on it, I can ride it maybe twice before getting annoyed. However in DL I went on Space easily 16 times over the course of my three days there and never got bored. The ride is amazing.

My favorites overall are Indiana Jones Adventure (which is the best ride Disney has ever built), RSR, Incredicoaster, and Space Mountain.

Cars Land and RSR are one of my all time favorites and I wish they would bring that to WDW, we're stuck with shitty fucking Test Track that they somehow made worse by adding the futuristic Not-Tron bullshit.

It really just sucked coming back home to such an inferior park the annual passholders can't even enjoy fully since they are treated like second class citizens compared to the hotel guests.

Attached: 1521508101655.png (760x839, 760K)

Fuck off with your baiting. The only ride Disneyland CA does better than Magic Kingdom is Pirates of the Caribbean.
Disneyland Paris has the superior version of many attractions. They have the best
>Haunted Mansion
>Pirates of the Caribbean
>Big Thunder Mountain
>Space Mountain

The only thing that lets Paris down is not having a Splash Mountain, would be perfect otherwise, well other than being situated in France of course. Oh and I don't understand why but at Disneyland and Disney World there's this magical atmosphere which you get sucked in to whereas Disneyland Paris doesn't seem to have that and I can't figure out why or what's missing.

I have never been to Disneyland Paris so I can't say, but no way can you say the Space Mountain at WDW is better than the one at DL.

>Cars Land
I'm legimatly surprised by this one, Universally consdiered the meh Pixar film but the people working on the ride got a lot right.

Incredicoaster is a good time (as a physical thrill, I think the attempts at Incredibles theming are poor), but before that area was rethemed, the ride had a much better soundtrack. The Incredibles music is great, but it's just the film score adapted to the ride, rather than this piece written exclusively for the track layout. Funny, the structure of its melodies seems a little similar to the Space Mountain music, and that was composed by Michael Giacchino of Incredibles fame.
youtube.com/watch?v=O-z5cpmh14o

It's absolutely stunning to walk into the land for the first time and see that beautiful canyon. The ride is one of the best attraction to come out of Disney imagineering.

Oh I agree, Pixar Pier is nice but getting ride of the California Screamin soundtrack was a major loss.

What are the wait times on the Matterhorn? How much is the California resort? Whats the best snacks? Have you been to Magic Kingdom?

Why did a fight break out there?

Is it hot there? Are there A/C places? Is the service as good as MK?

It might be because that area has been cooking for quite some time, even before Cars was released. There were plans for a Route 66/car culture area called Carland, with RSR being called Road Trip USA. This was then briefly updated to be "Goofy About Roadtrips", starring the obvious, and then Cars came out. It was likely just easily adapting a property that already matched what had been planned.

Attached: carland.jpg (650x366, 402K)

I think it has something to do with the weather.

There's something about the sun on your back that really does make it feel like a small town in the middle of nowhere,

Where do you work? Do they have tunnels too?

This. I quit my job to work there for a year and it was the best year of my life.

Not going to lie love what we got but a ride in the vain of a the Goofy faux educational shorts would have been amazing.

Goofy's Sky School is vaguely based on them, but obviously that's not the kind of ride that could really take advantage of those shorts.

That's still a couple of years away annoyingly

The animatronics are spectacular as well. They work perfectly given that the characters they're representing are already machines, and it literally looks like the CG has stepped (rolled?) into the real world.

I was impressed enough when I first rode, imagine how a little kid who loves Cars would react? That's pretty fucking magical.

Attached: doc.jpg (500x327, 141K)

Shanghai has the best version of all of those except for Space Mountain (which itself was ruined by the re-theme).

Pirates of the Carribean and Big Thunder Mountain were both victims to DLP not spending anything on the park for a decade and lost out on a bunch of updates the other parks did.

Am I missing something? Shanghai has ONE of those attractions.

>Post pics or tell stories of your absolute favorite souvenirs.
Picked this up last week while I was there. One of the coolest things I've ever gotten at Disneyland and it was only $25. The shitty plastic souvenir cups are usually more than that.

Sidenote: Holy shit why was Star Wars land so disappointing?

Attached: splashanniversary_19-03-357x600[1].jpg (357x600, 42K)

Smugglers Run is just another Soarin you can control. To be fair though their main attraction for the park isn't open yet which is supposed to be those most technologically advanced ride they have ever done. I'm sure the general opinion of the land will be more favorable once Rise opens up.

Shengai has the best pirates by far

Even the land itself feels devoid of a key SOMETHING though. I don't even like Cars much but walking into Radiator Springs is always jaw dropping. Galaxy's Edge feels like a vague amalgamation of desert Star Wars worlds but that means at its core it holds no value other than "Yeah it kinds looks like Star Wars." And then they spent so much time building vehicles and just plopping them in random spots they forgot to actually make the rest of the land feel alive. You pass through New Orleans Square, Fantasy Land, Buena Vista or Main Street and there are all these little touches like windows with lights on that make the lands feel alive. I feel like it also needed more interaction like Toontown, Tom Sawyer's and all of Disney Paris. Give me a reason to not just brush passed everything.

Fuck those are awesome.

DFB's one of the best informational Disney park Youtubers imo. Though I like Jenny Nicholson more when it comes to rambling stories about them.

Not around here, anyway

Truth, I very much prefer Universal.

Yeah, that'll be tons of fun. Especially when I have kids, seeing their reactions will be amazing. Right now we're still in the planning phase for the honeymoon though. We'll be going in October so the Halloween party is on our list. Anything else we should consider?

Here's the back

Attached: IMG_20190715_104629.jpg (1775x4032, 1.99M)

My brother, thoughts on Hagrid? It seems like all Harry Potter lands and attractions outclasses anything Disney has done with Star Wars or most of their IPs.

I think part of it is that very little feels "iconic." Like you have the Falcon which is cool, but everything else is from the Sequels or has never been seen in the movies before. I feel they would have done better just adapting a planet with more of a presence in the lore so they didn't have to design it all from scratch. The other park areas you mentioned had some basis already that Imagineering could work with. Batuu had to be all designed from the ground up and they went with a very middle-of-nowhere feel to it.

Wait a minute, I just realized.

Where is he? He wasn't in the last one, either.

Agreed. The wasted space is just...weird too. I feel like most lands are built to lead you to a focal point but Galaxy's Edge feels a bit chaotically laid out. You'd think the Falcon and the ride would be the main are but it's tucked away in the back of the land. Then there's these huge empty paths to the left of the land that lead to nothing and two of the biggest open areas (Right at the Fantasy Land entrance and where Rise of the Resistance will be) have nothing there but ship models.

>The only ride Disneyland CA does better than Magic Kingdom is Pirates of the Caribbean.
WDWs Big Thunder and Space are garbage compared to the DL versions. Big Thunder has much smoother updated track, and an actual finale scene. WDW Space is a less fun Matterhorn, but with all the headaches.

cars land is good shit
>tfw jenny gf to tell you obscure park facts on your trip
this is true wdw space is garbage

>tfw no gf to tell me about all the best ladders at disneyland and how they do their waste management

>Disneyland Paris has the superior version of many attractions.
Based Paris Disney bro. I went last Summer/Fall and was genuinely shocked how much I loved the park. It feels like it was built at a point where they had gotten the Disneyland formula down and so it was all about "We can't touch anything at Disneyland CA because of its legacy, but here we have an open canvas to do Disneyland modern day justice." I noticed it was an extremely horizontally oriented park. Walkways and open space is huge but they also capitalize on it well with tons of fun exploration things that I personally feel are some of the most undervalued parts of what make a park magical. It's like a well designed RPG. If you can make the player feel like they discovered something even though it was intentional and millions of other players will find it, it feels special. Disney Paris is loaded with that kind of Tom Sawyer/Toon Town-esque stuff. From the Dragon under the castle, the Alice in Wonderland maze + castle, Swiss Family Robinson Tree House connecting to Skull Rock and Hook's Ship, all of which you can explore inside of. And then Skull Rock even leads deeper into Davy Jone's Locker. That entire area of the park is the definition of theme park magic.

Then the Jules Verne theming fixed the Tomorrowland paradox perfectly. Their Space Mountain is legitimately the best in exterior, interior and ride layout I just wish it was still based on To the Moon.

Other noteworthy things are Storybook Land w/ a Night on Bald Mountain & Chernabog part + Cave of Wonders instead of Monstro and an insane Thunder Mountain that might be double the size of the California one.

>Much of the pavement in Liberty Square is the same color to help it blend in and keep guests’ eyes looking up at nearby attractions and details. Guests who look down might notice a brown streak that is several feet wide running along the street near the curb. In traditional Revolutionary times, no indoor plumbing existed, so many people would take their waste and dump it from their windows into the streets outside. The brown pavement throughout Liberty Square is a detail which accurately represents the sewage of early Americans! Kinda gross, but a great detail to make Liberty Square feel authentic! This is why there are no public restrooms in Liberty Square. No need to worry though, restrooms are located in nearby lands.

You're lucky you got to visit it when they'd finished all the emergency renovations. 3 years ago the park was... rough, The park looks great again now and the Disney Studios expansion should make that less of an embarassment. Hopefully they'll had a few new rides to the DLP and sort out the terrible terrible food selection

Discoveryland still doesn't have the feel it had when I first visited the park 12 or so years ago, partly because of the lazy Space Mountain rethemes and also because there were 2 empty theares when I went last autumn. There's one PoV on youtube showing the original Space Mountain theming and it's great.

The design of the park is incredible. I love pic related with its flame lamps and the way it's always peaceful. Sitting there with a cake and coffee is relaxing as fuck.

Attached: discovery-arcade-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 155K)

I have a friend who works for Disney and he never gets tired of the parks. He goes there all the time like he's buying groceries or something. It makes me jealous as fuck.

I almost forgot about those long hallways behind main street. Ate dinner there and it was one of the comfiest Disney meals I've had.

bros i think im in love

Attached: D_hhrKKWsAI78hY.jpg (800x1199, 205K)

>DFB
I see you are a man of culture as well.

She's great. Good usable info for any trip to Disney World or Land.

Where is Splashanon?

>tells me all this while we eat dole whips together
bros ;_;

Where is she located? Epcot still?

I have a hard time believing they are giving Brave that much attention in 2019

going to Disney next week with the gf for the Villain night thing, saw they have Bowler Hat Guy there i'm stoked for pin trading during the day and pics with Thanos, anything i should look out for? Havent been to MK since 2013 so this'll be like a brand new experience

>Using the filthy anglicized version

why is she still white?

Batuu isn't really a ST only place, there's references out the ass to stuff all across the saga like the Podracer Engine Grill, DJ Rex and that desert toad from Jabba's palace at the Cantina, or all the artifacts and taxidermy in Dok Ondar's.

I think the biggest problem it has at the moment alongside the big ride not being open yet is that they cut out the streetmosphere after all that concept art hyping up droids, Mon Calamari, and Twi'leks all over the place. Having CMs awkwardly greet you with "Bright Suns" is not the fucking same.

I saw Storm Troopers regularly harassing people while I was there but yeah it was a bit disappointing that a lot of the constant in character moments they promised didn't really exist. It was only the Storm Troopers going up to random people asking if they have the proper ID to be here.

You know that Resistance Spy character? She's a holdover from when they planned to have surprise stunt shows on the rooftops of the land.

Have you guys seen the new Inside Out right at DCA? Legitimately might be the worst Disney ride ever created. It's the baby tier Flik's Flyers ride from Bugs Land where you're in food boxes reskinned. Dumbo is a more exciting ride. (And probably a longer one).

>Shortlived with Zorro
>Shortlived with Indy
Definitely not the first time we've been down this road.

Them cutting the entertainment budget resort-wide really isn't helping the case atm.

shes has her own space in mk
thanos isnt gonna be there
i dont remember there being aliens in the concepts besides they dont even have any navi in pandora

Attached: D_hhrKJXYAA_lO2.jpg (800x1199, 208K)

orlandoparkstop.com/news/rumors/yoshi-omnimover-ride-details-for-super-nintendo-world-yoshis-adventure/
>yoshi island ride
>donkey kong country mine coaster
>mario kart ride
this is a fucking banger of a lineup

Attached: yoshi.jpg (1024x706, 140K)

>posing with the phoney king of england
golly what a day

There's this new Cars show they just opened at Hollywood Studios in Florida. It is literally just Lightning McQueen sitting on a stage and talking to the audience about teamwork or some shit for ten minutes while stuff happens on screens behind him. It is fucking amazing just for how fucking good the animatronic of Lightning is.
youtube.com/watch?v=lCQaSXYkfzQ

they should to add this

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 279K)

>:C my gf is a liar how dare she fool me with promises of Thanos

All the shit about paintball safety makes that impossible. I don’t know what else Splatoon could get, outside of maybe a permanent idol concert

>Mario Kart ride
Universal struck gold with this one. I guarantee you that's going to have several hours long lines for years.

Imagine if you could ride Yoshi like a carousel horse
Missed opportunity imho

I got fired from Disney after three months of probation. Now I turn off from anything disney related because I feel betrayed. And all because I was late a few times.

maybe with lasers then

Attached: Laser-Quest-Image-1.jpg (1159x550, 520K)

Share ideas you've had for attractions or areas.

I was thinking about how Paradise Pier, while a lot nicer before the Pixar invasion, was a bit lacking as a celebration of classic parks. I thought about a different way to do it and came up with something we'll call "Electric Pier". A grand 1920s park patterned after the elaborate Dreamland and Luna Park of Coney Island (DisneySea's Toyville Trolley Park area does this style of architecture). The story would be that it's a new amusement park in the roaring 20s run by an eccentric scientist that creates rides with impossible retro-future technology he develops.

The main attraction would be a "scenic railway" coaster where Screamin'/Incredicoaster is now. A big skyline of ornate buildings covered in electric lights, with wooden coaster track winding in and out of the buildings. The twist would be that this ride is actually a "time train" the scientist made. Just as the old scenic railway coasters would pass through showbuildings with dioramas and sculptures, here the story would be that you were actually warping through time to those historic scenes.

Beneath the coaster, where Toy Story is now would be a classic "spook house" dark ride, but as before, the twist is you're passing through the scientist's real collection of monsters and ghouls. I tried to think of a way to blend the real history of amusement parks with the fantasy Disney parks are known for, to make something that both pays tribute to the old parks, while offering something new and "immersive".

Attached: 7df2fe4e-f156-4ae6-84c8-ac7dd9c1a459_2x.jpg (1500x979, 181K)

he must pays his tax

Attached: yoshitaxfraudbig.png (1000x500, 571K)

what could they make with Zelda and Metroid?

This is more of a second-hand experience, but a cast member told me that a mom once complained to us about the ending of Toy Story 4. Apparently her son cried for 45 minutes, and she thought the ending was terrible.

>What are the wait times on the Matterhorn?
Usually over 45 minutes.
>How much is the California resort?
Don't know.
>Whats the best snacks?
People really like churros and the Dole Whip. Personally, I really like the corn dogs from Main Street.
>Have you been to Magic Kingdom?
Yes I have been there.
>Why did a fight break out there?
No idea. Some people just can't behave in public.
>Is it hot there? Are there A/C places?
It does get hot during the summer and fall. Every indoor area has A/C.
>Is the service as good as MK?
I'd imagine it's the same. It's all Disney, so both parks have the same standards to meet.

>Where do you work? Do they have tunnels too?
I'm not saying where. I don't want to potentially expose myself. There are some tunnels, but they're mostly for transporting trash across the park. There isn't a huge tunnel system under the park, contrary to the urban myth.

I forgot to quote you here

>tfw theres still a local laser tag place where I live that unironically plays sandstorm
anything would be better then pixar pier
will we see beeg yoshi at universal?
nobody thanks there a huge tunnel system at dl
>i dont want to expose myself
i hate this shit

Superstar limo will always be the worst ride at Disney.

That or the lazy off-the-shelf flat rides in Toy Story land in Disney Studios Paris

I'm really interested in what the Kart ride will entail.
Still disappointed it's all Mario shit though, there's so much potential

The company that bought Arrow Dyunamics' IPs announced that they've revived the Steeplechase coaster. They're fun as hell but there's only one left in the world. Hope parks start building them

>in the 90s they didn't even have a proper seat, just a loose seatbelt

Gotta love rollercoasters where you feel you're literally hanging on for dear life.

Attached: Steeplechase-Pleasure_Beach_Blackpool.jpg (800x533, 180K)

Current speculation is trackless + AR but no one knows. I think the one in Japan opens next year

I feel like this would be funny as fuck to ride

There were patents going around for a "drifting" ride vehicle that were speculated to be for Mario Kart as well.

Also, the Mario Kart ride's racetrack is Bowser's Castle.

Two ideas I've pushed here before. Possibly three if you want to include theories for the proposed WB park. As far as Disney, I still feel that combining an updated version Adventure Thru Inner-Spacce with Ant-Man would be a unique experience (especially in light of the shooting range being done with it elsewhere, which Calif is very likely getting with it's Spider-Man attraction). In regards to this user ( ) , picture a Metroid version of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. Regarding the WB park, a Jonny Quest stunt show that gets a Venture Bros. mature re-theming for the Halloween season (well, as mature as you can get considering it's Venture Bros).

The Dual Power coaster

youtube.com/watch?v=18iAdl-wyEw

Tech is insane

Yeah, these 10 niggas can totally afford $1000/mo for Disney tickets.

The hourly employee passes are unblocked and the whole fucking family gets to go for free.

that could works really well with DK mines

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Man I want to go to England to ride this
Too bad no one has picked up the new Steeplechase model yet it looks based

>was too poor to go as a kid
>now i have no one to go with as an adult
I know i can go alone, but I just wanna enjoy something with someone

to do this in their castle

Attached: Elsa-Anna.jpg (1920x856, 148K)

heres your 400 dollar hotel room bro

Attached: D_iNKfeWkAE8Iq6.jpg (1200x900, 110K)

Why do so many American hotels use that layout?

>donkey kong country mine coaster
Wait, I thought that part of scrapped, is it still happening?

>He doesn't sleep outside for $56 a night

Attached: Untitled.png (917x253, 54K)

ive meet them both already tho
it seems to be only for the floridas parks now that they have extra space with the 3rd park opening

>paying to sleep outside
>not setting your tent up under an overpass for free

>it seems to be only for the floridas parks
Why does fucking Florida always get the most attention? If it weren't for the theme parks I wouldn't even want to think about it

Attached: 1561354884803.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

hollywood has no space

All the spots are already claimed, it seems. Damn homesteaders and their shopping carts

republician lawmakers encouraging and actively fighting for corporation to allow them to do whatever they want

stop with the fucking pol shit

Attached: 1560612301193.jpg (540x714, 127K)

Is Star Wars doomed to be Boomer nostalgiafaggotry that nobody actually cares about beyond just being a part of hype culture?

Two biggest reasons is Florida has a thriving tourist economy with Miami/Orlando/Key West/etc. already being well established tourist hotspot's and cheap swamp land begging to be destroyed and urbanized.

>you can build on swamp land if you drain it.

>literally not even disney can do that cause it would cost way to much to secure the land from sinkholes.

youtube.com/watch?v=y2pkC7TpIK0
>yfw disney start chucking animatronics around till it hits somebody and kills them.

Just seems strange. Why build a stupidly expensive robot that would need expensive maintenance and massively limiting safety measures for a 3 second stunt?

>sling malfunctions
>spider-man visibly misses the catchment area and slams into the ground or a wall
>kids see the robot glitching out and assume it's writhing in pain
>lifelong trauma from seeing Spider-man 'die'

>i hate this shit
sucks

I want to spam this thread for ignoring my post. But I spam filter will stop me.

no i meant like dont be a pussy
which post brah?

this one

well uh dont show up late for work

I'm going to kill myself. My organs will fly all over disney property as I fling my lifeless corpse cut open stomach over the populous. I will cut myself through my stomach and throw my lifeless corpse through a canon and fly over Magic Kingdom and let my organs and blood splash over the people there. Then when my organs fall out of my body and I lose consciousness from life being lost, I will be satisfied over my existence. At the few moments of my death I will be happy for the first time in years.

Hagrid looks way better than I expected, yes.

Not gonna lie, as someone who grew up with Episode 1 Racer on N64, I want food cooked by a podracer engine.

Finally rode Jurassic Park River Adventure last time I went to IoA.
JP is my favorite movie but I was always too scared to go on it when I was a kid.
Nabbed this, which I've seen every time I went to Universal as a kid and always wanted.

Also got one of those Duff Beer mugs you keep in the freezer, it's my favorite way to enjoy a good cold beer.

Attached: P_Souvenirs_Drinkware_JurassicPark__JurassicParkMoldedStein_1103975.jpg (280x280, 17K)

orlandoparkstop.com/news/rumors/leaked-model-photos-show-off-super-nintendo-world-for-universal-parks/

I really think Universal hit a home run with this one. They nabbed the most recognizable video game company of all time for their parks and capitalized on the fact that video game IPs can be just as popular as film IPs. Nintendo gives them so much potential to create other lands like Pokemon or Hyrule. I am excited to see the future of Universal because the US Disney parks have been sucking lately.

Attached: Nintendo-Model-Wide-crop-main-690x460.jpg (690x460, 69K)

>Thanos
Do they actually have a Thanos meet and greet?

>Less woke purple haired poc oc donut steal NuWars protags
I see this as an absolute win. The lack of walkaround droids and aliens is pretty lame tho.

I'm not sure about Disneyland but I can say for sure the WDW parks don't have a Thanos meet and greet. I think the only Marvel characters you can meet are the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I know people poo-poo the simpler carnival style rides, but I still don't think stuff like that is as bad as it's gotten.

They're like the ground level, where the worst thing about them is that they're not as big and impressive as other Disney tier rides. Meanwhile you've got stuff like Superstar Limo and Stitch that were actually detrimental experiences that made your trip tangibly worse for having ridden them.

WDW can't use Marvel characters except the Guardians because of Universal.

Disneyland doesn't have that limitation.

I can't wait to see how music is implemented in this section of the park.
Like, actually try to imagine a dark ride that's synced up to this and not smile a little: youtu.be/WYMoqDbN8RA

Kids water park tower in the style of Moray Towers or something?

Meanwhile in India
youtube.com/watch?v=wA6XaSHkwfk

>Apparently her son cried for 45 minutes, and she thought the ending was terrible.
I mean to be fair it was

That’s a pretty good idea if you ignore the fact that Inklings die if they get into water, there’s this one map in the game featuring a resort with a nice pool

What kind of ride would Pokemon have?

>Apparently her son cried for 45 minutes, and she thought the ending was terrible.
Based mom

Also they can use Doctor Strange.

>Zelda stunt show
>Spirit Train coaster where you're chased by Bokoblins and Stalfos
>classic style dark ride telling the story of the hero of time, lots of animatronics

>Super Metroid ride
>You're working for the feddies and need to watch THE BABY
>Then Ridley shows up and things go all Alien Encounter
>Except that's just the PRESHOW and you need to board a reckless vehicle to join Samus and rescue THE BABY before Planet Zebes explodes
>confrontation with massive animatronic Ridley and Mother Brain while this blasts from the speakers, overlaid with alarm sounds: youtu.be/90f9wfZKF9o

I remember seeing a leak that had the ride vehicle not going especially fast, but with things like lampposts on a conveyor belt below the track to create the illusion of speed.

Like you're only going maybe 20mph, but there's wind blowing in your face and a lamppost just whooshed by at mach 10.

Charizard Flights of Passage or something.

Glorious Nihon awaits you.

Attached: fantasy springs.jpg (1793x1045, 453K)

it'll be interesting to see how the Marvel Land compares to Universal.

One Ride and Six Stores probably

>tfw no Sanctum Sanctorum dark ride

Attached: blake-rottinger-sanctum-sanctorum-concept-4-th-pass-cr.jpg (1920x1497, 876K)

I could see them using warp pipes to bring in a number of track types
>Starts in Bowser's Castle
>BROOTBROOTBROOT
>Now you're racing in an underwater tunnel as a giant eel chases you
>BROOTBROOTBROOT
>now you're in Peach's Castle
>BROOTBROOTBROOT
>now you're in the final stretch
>the grand finale
>and all you can hear is...
>youtu.be/f5SxqJ081LU
>Finish line has you crash back into Bowser's throne room
>Mario congratulates you on your victory while Bowser sulks next to his wrecked car

>Bill and Ted style Halloween show but instead it's Venture Bros themed
Fucking a it'll never be real and now I'm sad.

Since Tomorrowland Speedway, and Autopia in general, are just shitty go-karts, I'd replace it with a wild mouse, dueling coaster patterned on road races. Rather than a specific theme, I'd keep with the general idea of Tomorrowland as "the future that never was" by having the cars patterned after old concept car designs from various decades. As a bonus, the cars actually race each other, with one of the pair randomly selected to travel slightly slower, just enough for there to be a perceptible disparity when they pull into the station.

>Spider-Man/Transformers style dark ride where you tour Professor Oak's lab until Team Rocket attack and try to steal all the Pokemon
>Jurassic Park style boat ride through the Safari Zone
>Raquaza coaster
>Pokemon Snap dark ride where you have to take pictures of rare Pokemon

Despite the fact that the Safari Zone and Pokemon Snap ones sound the best, they don't seem that likely considering Pokemon Snap is 20 years old and the Safari Zone isn't a thing anymore.

Well it's not like they're gonna make "Galar Region: The Ride".

They'll want established iconography and stuff that is more or less Pokemon.

based olc. between that and the beauty and the beast land/e-ticket dark ride, they're definitely the disney resort with the most to look forward to. Recency bias, just went earlier this year and it was so goddamn good.

>not something from the original yoshis island

And Black Panther.

Basically anyone who isn't an explicit Spiderman, X-man or Avengers character is fair game.

>Shuri Princess meet and greet
>she just complains and makes snide comments at you the whole time

Nope, Black Panther's off limits. He's in a mural in the Captain America Diner at Universal, so he's counted as an Avenger.

The Great Movie ride was one of my favorites

MGM Studios >

I'm legit a little worried for my shitty photopass job, anons.
>Guest review scores are down across the board
>Memory maker sales down down down
>Being replaced with more and more automatic boxes
>Management thinks the Boxes are the best thing since sliced bread
>Proprietor of EPCOT wants to get rid of photographers with characters and focus more on the big seller: Spaceship Earth

nobody wants to pay for box pics the human quality is a key part of the experience
t guy who used to do it
how many boxes do they have now anyway?

does she say he cute tho?

all I know about is Tinkerbelle and Launch Bay, with more on the way, but no one is telling us where. I agree they look like shit but guests A) Don't know any better, B) Wont complain to management wont hear about it, and C) wont care because they love them

>Even the land itself feels devoid of a key SOMETHING though. I don't even like Cars much but walking into Radiator Springs is always jaw dropping. Galaxy's Edge feels like a vague amalgamation of desert Star Wars worlds but that means at its core it holds no value other than "Yeah it kinds looks like Star Wars." And then they spent so much time building vehicles and just plopping them in random spots they forgot to actually make the rest of the land feel alive.

You just described the most glaring issues of the ST in a nutshell.

Hm, I guess they dropped the whole 'rabbit holes' to different worlds entrance as I don't see it

Attached: TDRExpansion_4-1200x776.jpg (1200x776, 85K)

That overview picture is older then your gateway picture.

i saw plenty of people complaining on twitter

Depends, is he, infact, cute?

>Star Fox themed dark ride
>pre-show has Fox, ROB64, and General Pepper animatronics
>Space battle/dogfight between Star Fox and Star Wolf
>Ride vehicles themed to Arwings, each one has speakers so you can hear characters bantering throughout the ride
>At the lift hill, hear the pre-level banter about G-diffuser systems
>In moments of no banter, classic Star Fox music plays
>Approaching corkscrew element
>Hear Peppy shout "Do a barrel roll!"
>At the final break run, hear the Mission complete jingle and the end-level banter, like "All units report in!" and the varying responses

I want it to happen so bad, boys

>is the type of person who talks about disney parks on Yea Forums and probably goes alone cute
why do you even ask this?
how many times do i have to tell you guys it should be a wing coaster

Sounds like a great way to get stabbed.

>Love weird Scandinavian folklore
>Have to endure Frozen bullshit eclipsing it 'til ragnarok

Not Skol.

Attached: odin.jpg (242x248, 16K)

I think the entrance is just out of frame.
The new land is being built outside the current boundary of the park, in the old parking lot.
So presumably the holes are going to be close to Arabian coast, and then there will be a small walk to the actual land.

Attached: Seas expansion.png (970x727, 1.58M)

I like my guys fem, overweight, and a little on the faggy side.

No worse than putting up with Marvel Thor and Loki.

The free space makes me laugh every time because it's true
Assuming Gigantic can refer to any aspect of the film I'm really liking diagonal going down.
Also now that Country Bears are deconfirmed maybe that can be switched out

Only ride at Disneysea I went on twice. Ride through videos don’t quite capture how fucking awesome it is.

Wasn't Stitch's Great Escape replaced by a meet and greet?

I still have fun on the smaller Cars Land rides (the Luigi one is particularly deceptive in terms of being whipped around). I also have a soft spot for Snow White's Scary Adventure

I mean like a more permanent ride type replacement

>Beeg Yoshi
Honestly Universal is pretty based, I can see them sneaking him into a restaurant or the Yoshi ride.

>Beeg Yoshi statue in a restaurant
>There's a button on it
>Press button
>"You should get the Spaghetti and Meatballs"
>yfw they get Dunkey to say it

From what we know this is a "temporary seasonal thing" (don't know if it's still there honestly). They never announced Stitch being anything besides "temporally closed" despite pics coming out of the entire thing dismantled.
The idea is that they are going to officially announce the closure and instead of keeping the meet and greet make a new ride. Many say Wreck It Ralph based

I always try to tell friends about the Luigi ride. It's not worth a significant wait but if you're passing through and it's 5-15 minutes then fuck it it's a blast and it really does whip you.

We have to keep the thread alive until he gets here. Shit’s tradition.

mater ride is kino

I like the aesthetic, mostly.

What is is about Cars, Rocket that makes them look good while Human animatronics like Hagrid or the little Mermaid look meh.

Okay now i want to know what they do for Halloween Horror nights.

Personally a Luigi mansion house for a younger audeince would be kind of fun.

I doubt they will do anything

A Luigi's Mansion shooting dark ride would be a fun later addition. Although I guess you'd call it a sucking dark ride.

Speaking of Luigi, I'd love a Mickey's Philharmagic ripoff of him traveling through different game worlds.

Attached: 1530139075465.jpg (400x416, 28K)

Not really i wouldn't mind a dark ride. Just wondering if Nintendo would do something for halloween.

that would be fun.

mostly because I want to see him run from Ripley, Gannon and King Dedede

>Cat flu from Escape from Tomorrow was real
Shit Nigga

good ideas
>get off the ride and theres beeg yoshi plushies in the gift shop
>mfw

Attached: beeg yoshi.jpg (420x413, 16K)

Now that I think about it, a Luigi's Mansion ride could be pretty kickass. You could either place screens in the background of the sets for the ghosts to appear on, or maybe project them over the sets, and the rider could point the vacuum controller (like the arcade game) and suck them up. You could also have physical props that would react to the vacuum, like a door you could suck open to reveal a hidden screen with more ghosts.

Attached: LuigisMansionArcadeController.jpg (900x600, 74K)

My idea is that they should build a second horror theme ride similar to 'Manic Mansion'. Maybe an asylum called 'Hope Hospital' where twist is during ride you start learn all things that you see at Disneyland park are in real life crazed imaginings of these insane patients come to life.

The whole ride could be a whole parody of place. Like in one cell you could have an insane woman animatronic surrounded by different dolls from different countries, brushing hair of one, singing it's small world after all ...

Luigi’s Mansion would be a great ride but if they really wanted to put something scary in, you guys do know that Nintendo owns the terrifying Fatal Frame/Project Zero series right?
youtu.be/VjNR-zU_hLA

Could be like Buzz Lightyears Laser blast but you use cameras to take pictures of the ghosts to earn points, or just leave it as Haunted Mansion ride through type thing. Not very kid friendly though, but could be use at Halloween Horror Nights.

Attached: F41A1B34-3842-41B0-8C6F-19D3915230B5.jpg (1000x1409, 266K)

I dont think you guys understand the idea of nintendo world

Oh we know but we're just having fun with the idea of the halloween Horror Nights event. I mean sure none of the rides really get changed for it but honstly i like the idea of a Nintendo Themed Haunted Hourse. like i enjoy the idea of a Azkaban House or a treehouse of Horrors themed maze,

I've been hearing people say that Disneyland has been less crowded than it usually is during the summer, is this true? I might be able to visit at the end of July/first week of August if so.

Attached: 1488205647366.jpg (232x194, 10K)

I think it's you who doesn't get it.

Well it was dead, now that word has spread it's picking back up again. The deluxe passholders get unblocked August 19th so go before then.

What happened exactly all I know is EVS tried to kick up a fuss about it but other then that.

they have death eaters in japan

Because Disney hyped up the new Star Wars land being so popular and crowded that everyone stayed the hell away. Annual passholders have also been blocked out from visiting from the end of the summer. The nignog fight also turned people off visiting. Disney made changes to some small attractions such as turning the Main Street Cinema in to a shop which pissed a lot of people off and the big Sleeping Beauty castle refurb has had a mixed response so all in all a hugely disastrous summer for Disneyland.

>i dont remember there being aliens in the concepts besides they dont even have any navi in pandora
They don’t have any Navi, because there’s already weird connotations with the land explicitly being native land that’s being reclaimed by colonizers and opened up for space tourism. Adding “wow real native alien!” meet and greets would be worse in a meta standpoint.

But on the other hand, the fact that there are NO Navi beside the one animatronic gives the air of kicking al the natives out entirely, except for the one good one. Plus, I guess you can already buy their skin and decorative pieces to wear.

it feels wrong
>meanwhile in florida

Attached: heat.png (618x923, 461K)

I too watched the Jenny Nicholson video

J-Jenny isn’t the first one to think exactly that about Pandora.
>tfw you missed the chance to film theme park lore hot takes and get that sweet Patreon money

Man that sucks, still their not EVS

why the fuck would you admit to that?

You aren't a cute enough girl anyway.

Regardless most of her viewers come for the movie hot takes.

He better get here soon.

>all those people jumping on to 'help'

Wonder how many of the dead that killed. All the people trapped between the ground and the vehicle must have really appreciated them rocking it. God they're fucking idiots. The ride wasn't going to explode leave it for the ambulances to safely get as many people out as possible.

The lack of trust I have for flat rides is honestly incredible

>star wars land was so bad even the cast members have a death wish

Just don't do ones at shitty funfairs

WDW monorails have air conditioning, though.

This, was the A/C just out that day or something?

I love this story
youtu.be/Y_gW7JmInDM

Attached: images (4).jpg (225x225, 4K)

>treehouse of Horrors themed maze
Real talk how the fuck has this not been an overlay/scare zone yet? They literally have Springfield built already.
>Lard Lad statue is made to look angry
>area music is changed to the spooky THoH version of the theme, maybe implement some of the background music from the last level of Simpsons Hit and Run
>Simpsons Ride gets a seasonal overlay since so much of the queue and ride are based around screens
>Bumblebee Man's head on the taco truck is swapped out with Bart-Fly's
>Kang and Kodos meet and greet
>Kwik-E-Mart becomes the Spook-E-Mart
>Big inflatable/cutout of King Homer climbing the buildings in the background
>inside of Moe's has "NO BEER AND NO TV MAKE HOMER GO CRAZY" written all over the walls
>animatronic raven Bart greets guests upon entering the land
>Big gate to Springfield Cemetery placed over the entrance
>Simpsons style zombie walkaround characters

Oh shit Theme Park thread. Went home recently to SoCal and spent a day at California Disney. Galaxy's Edge was surprisingly disappointing. It's all flash no substance would be the best way I could put it. I almost said it's like an opposite Radiator Springs but that manages to kill it on style and substance because everything was given a purpose. Galaxy's Edge is all show because Star Wars is expected to just work effortlessly.

On another note, it had been a while since I had been back and man why does Disney add to the rides that don't need it and ignore the parts that desperately need fixing? Space Mountain, Pirates and Haunted Mansion are perfect rides and Disney is CONSTANTLY fucking with them. Hyperspace Mountain is cringe, you can literally see the off-grey rectangles of light on the pitch black walls that are the projections of Star Wars shit. It's actually embarrassing how bad it is. We all know how jarring all the new Pirates stuff is because for some reason Disney stopped giving a shit about cohesion and just mashes in unfitting technology with the old animatronics that gives the ride some weird technological identity crisis. Haunted Mansion might actually be the worst offender though. The Bride looked atrocious even years back when they first changed her and it's even worse today. The Hat Box Ghost is just a cringey shout-out to fans that again put zero thought into making it feel like a cohesive part of the ride so there's just this bright neon animatronic immediately preceding a room full of a bunch of faded and dated animatronics and effects. Meanwhile trash like Autopia just sits there untouched complete with commercials from the 90s still showing in the line.

Thank god Splash Mountain has somehow remained untouched. Literally the perfect ride. And Indy managed to escape revisions relatively unscathed too.

They stopped letting the outsider IP lands participate in Halloween Horror Nights stuff after Marvel hated the Maximum Carnage overlay apparently.

>EVS
Huh?

Do you think they'll be getting rid of the Simpsons in the future since it directly benefits Disney now?

No. See also: marvel

No, if anything that will give them incentive to keep it, so Disney can't use it
I have no idea if the Simpsons contract is as ironclad as the Marvel one though

God, that just looks so tacky as fuck. I'm sure it'll be well done, and people who like Mario will love it, but it's going to look so garish and fake in real life. I have absolutely zero hype for this, because it's fucking mario; I just have no interest in wanting to visit or be in that world.

WDW’s haunted mansion has a similar issue with the CGI ghosts at the end, it’s kinda cool when it works, but it doesn’t really mesh with the rest of the ride

Meanwhile buzz has needed an update for a long ass time

>Jurassic World the ride gets rave reviews from every outlet
>a large portion of which say it’s better than the original ride
>wait times out the ass for it
>galaxy edge fucking eats shit with lowest wait times in decades in fucking July

Oh I’m laffin

Eh, World looks okay. Not sure I’d say it’s better than the original.

I think they did a solid job with the overlay, but I prefer how the old ride felt like a specific attraction within the larger Jurassic Park with its own locations over the "We gotta hit all the important beats of the movie" approach they got now. Granted, the original ride had a little bit of that with the raptor pen being right next to the Rex enclosure and a random jeep drop, but that's not as weird as riding a boat through a giant aquarium tank.

>Jurassic World the ride gets rave reviews from every outlet
>a large portion of which say it’s better than the original ride
This is why theme park "critics" are a fucking joke.

Attached: 1556940726481.png (538x544, 500K)

I honestly can't believe Galaxy's Edge is flopping so hard. I thought normies would eat it up.

Here's the thing "lol the mouse is doomed" shitposters never bring up

It's not Galaxy's Edge, or rather not just it, it's Disneyland as a whole that's suffering from a lack of attendance.

Attached: 1551854180130.png (2000x2000, 532K)

Any of you been to the parks lately and seen the people carrying the fucking gigantic build a bear workshop droid boxes from Galaxy's Edge? It's actually one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Grown men and children carrying around a fucking unwieldy birdcage for 10 hours.

they will release Luigi's mansion 3

Not as many droids as I've seen those alien monkey things. Those have been everywhere the last couple of times I've gone. They're especially popular with the ladies as well.

Is it bad or something?

It's a mediocre reskin of a ride that needed updates, but the ones it did do are either useless at best, or embarrassingly bad at worst.

You can tell they just added Chris Pratt's part of the ride because "lol he was in the movie, gotta have him talk and mention Blue"

>No effort to hide the mosasaur tunnel from the outside eye
>Nothing but celebrity screens from the start of the carnivore area to the raptor dropping from the ceiling

That's just my beef with it, so I could be off-base a little. I will admit that following Florida's example and moving the spitters indoors was a nice touch. Have a watch, and judge.
youtube.com/watch?v=YoAG2-tberU

Is it bad that I really want a droid just to have my own custom astromech?

I'd say that's a combination of Disney fatigue, more offerings else where, increasing prices, and in general, a over aggressive expansion of the parks, especially in regards to IPs.

The music cues are really fucking weird
>Travel into the first room of fish tanks with no dinosaurs
>Huge dramatic music kicks in
>Pass by the back of a dinosaur
>The Jurassic Park theme plays

What the fuck

Meanwhile Tokyo Disney Sea is fucking killing it in everything they do, dirt cheap prices, amazing expansions and the best looking park in the world. Get Disneyland out of Disney's hands.

The trex lunges too early

That's a good point. Though it is still shocking that GE isn't bringing in more people than usual.

They really should have just delayed the whole thing.
>hype has reached a fever pitch over Galaxy's Edge
>fuck yeah it's opening this summer
>Oh the main ride won't be open yet
>Oh the first few months are reservation only
>Oh you only get 4 hours in the land
>Oh you can't wear robes in that section
>Oh you only get 45 mins in the cantina
>Oh the lightsabers are $200
>Oh there aren't any walkaround droids or aliens like they had in all the concept art
>Oh it's just Rey, Chewie, Kylo, and various First Order mooks
>Oh there isn't really anything to do other than ride Smuggler's Run and shop
>well at least Rise of the Resistance is coming soon
>Oh it's been delayed to 2020
Again Disney overestimated the power of "things we know" when it comes to Star Wars. The whole thing should've waited until Spring 2020 when they could present a more robust product. You'd think after the Eisner era they'd understand how damaging a "just put it out now and improve it later" mindset can be.

That might just be it. Disney is currently at the top of the world right now, between everything they've bought and whatnot and their movies are doing the best they've done since the Renaissance with more branches than ever.

Despite how loved a brand it is, that can only go so far before people want something different.

The increasing prices certainly don't help, but I think that's more towards locals and people who live closer. The "casual" park goer just knows "Disney is fucking expensive" and thus wouldn't spend too much on going regardless simply because they don't have the money to do so even in the best of times.

>Haha fucking soiboi manchildren I bet those grapes are sour anyways haha

It's just strange how half-assed they did so much of it. All the work went into LOOK IT LOOKS LIKE STAR WARS. But then there's shit all to do in the land after you ride the lackluster Smuggler's Run and drop your $500 on merch. There's nothing to see and do in the land. It's a tour of a meaningless uneventful planet.

Really hurts that Bob seems to have some sorta hate boner against shows or theaters. At least Hollywood will have Startours to help prop it up at launch.

Shows cost a hell of a lot of money, the little Mermaid show in Hollywood Studios runs every 20 minutes every day and has done for like 30 years, just think how much that show has cost in the long run, you have to pay all the actors, puppeteers, lighting and sound people, the cast members who stand outside and welcome you inand start the show, the cost of washing and maintaining the costumes and props every day, cleaners to clean the theater and then there's the electricity bill etc. Just think that show alone must costs hundreds if not well over a thousand dollars to run each day. Then there's the possibility an actor might get injured and sue, shows can go very wrong, actors fall sick and the show has to be cancelled for the entire day and such. They don't want that headache.

Attached: voyage-of-the-little-mermaid-8491.jpg (900x604, 76K)

>Startours to help prop it up at launch.
Disneyland has Star Tours and Launch Bay too.. Star Tours in Studios is not even in GE, a complete mess.

He has a hate boner against anything non-ip
He wants this to be the most cookie-cutter thing that would get guests in. That backfired because he assumed the Star Wars name would be enough

And then they took out the coking cutters when people began scalping them online.

Kek

I would have loved to see this irl and now I only have poor quality youtube videos
>things cost money
what sort of stupid argument is this?
i still cant believe people did this over fucking sporks

Rides are cheaper than shows in the long run is the obvious point they were making. Are you retarded or what?

no I got that its just hard to see people defending disney cheaping out when tickets costt so much

Yeah, but guess what doesn't? Philarmagic. Muppetvision 3D. The pavilion shows at Epcot. Innovations. Its Tough to be a Bug. Honey I shrunk the audiance. There are very good reasons to put these things in Theme parks, because they help with the flow of peoppe in the rest of the park. And The Little Mermaid is still a absolutely fantastic show, which really displays how well Disney can do something like that in the park. But yet Imagineers, or who ever green lights projects can't seem to figure out how to replicate these cheap 30 minute shows.

I mean, Toy Story land, Avatar and Starwars land all fall flat because when you boil it down, they've got like 2 attractions each.

Toy Story Land could use a way more imaginative name, and than an additional B-ticket ride and then a show. Maybe do the Army men parashoot drop ride, or some Knex themed whirl around. Then for a show, you could have something like it's Tough to be a Bug, where you have Andy's toys try and teach the audience on how to behave as Toys in a circus like performance. Make it a 30 minute exercise, and dedicate one of the vacant back lots to its use.

I like the idea of the toy story puppet show like corless said was replacing country bears

It desperately needs street shows, wandering droids and ambient music. Harry Potter areas at Uni have John Williams music pumping constantly and it really helps the atmosphere, no idea why they decided on no music, it just makes it even weirder when there's no people.

My friend mentioned this and I never even thought about how much of a difference it would make until he said it. Star Wars without it's music just feels weird.

Wait, I thought John Williams composed new music exclusively for Galaxy's Edge and Disney released it as a single. Does it not play in the park?

You know what would have salvaged it completely? If Disney had marketed it as an early access look at the attraction. They could have just PR'd over the issues with Galaxy's Edge by claiming it's supposed to be that way, then hype up a "grand opening" at some arbitrary point when they've got the rides working.

More than anything, a motion simulator ride and a dark ride aren't exactly what I'd imagine when thinking of attractions based on Star Wars.

The John Williams music is played in the ride and in the entry tunnels.

Otherwise, it's ambient sound effects or music in places like the Cantina.

what do you think of
for me its motion simulator since thats the star tours system and I feel like that will still be the best star wars ride even in 2020

Star Tours and Smugglers Run both suck because they're a moving box with a screen. ST at least more going on and the recognition of movie stuff that make it actually mean something. SR seems like it's all illusion of choice and little variety.

>SR seems like it's all illusion of choice and little variety
I mean it's a mostly on-rails (you can divert once or twice if you've got terrible pilots) game because they can't let people free-fly and either break the game or sit around messing about for 30 minutes. It's a ride, you've got to keep shit moving. As for variety, we've already seen that there's another scenario, and everything is set up in such a way that it allows for inserting of new scenarios pretty easily since you don't get actual mission on the job until you're about to board. It most likely wasn't implemented because with how it all works, either the scenario in the park was the only one finished/thoroughly tested, or they wanted to minimize issues for the opening months by just sticking to one scenario for a while.
youtu.be/usIFwzIxP4g?t=42

Shooting gallery ride ala Buzz Lightyear except much faster paced with two tracks, one Empire and one Rebel, with various points in the ride where you can shoot at the opposing cars for extra points.

Enclosed motorbike roller coaster themed around swoop racing through Coruscant.

your underselling star tours it has more animatronics in the line then are in pandora

That's the line. Star Tours' line is phenomenal but the problem is it's better than the ride itself. And personally I just find screen box rides uncreative as fuck. At least do something original like Harry Potter did with it

Humans are a lot harder to do.

has disney said anything about adding the extra missions or is it all speculation?
the coaster ride would be too much like tron

>a brazillian tour group beat the crap out of donald

seriously why havent these people been banned yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=aNH0l9qKfcI

Attached: Disneyland Workers Reveal Behind The Scene Stories.png (1872x935, 491K)

>the virgin disney vs the chad himeji

Attached: himeji.png (755x551, 441K)

>freefall ride
That's a big nope from me

It's ironic because the assembly cut of A New Hope was an awkwardly paced hunk of shit until they added the John Williams score.

That's fucking lame. It doesn't break my immersion to hear music because if I'm actually immersed, I'm gonna be playing it in my head anyway.

>Disney makes Galaxy's Edge a paid entry VIP early access area for the summer before opening it proper sometime in the Fall/early Winter
Do you think the amount of money they'd make would make up for the negative press that would generate?

>the coaster ride would be too much like tron
I mean they're literally making a second Midway Mania in DCA for the Spider-Man ride, so clearly that's not something they care about

Not if you do it right. I was thinking more along the lines of the Rock 'n' Roller with a heavy emphasis on screens and props along the track, done as a wing coaster possibly with controlled 4d elements.

It’s like the Ducktales 2017 crew made another Caballeros episode but in real life

>tfw you realize you almost definitely worked at the same time frame as the CM in that pic
My friend was working with Snow when she got carted off like a sack of potatoes. And I had to cover an area for my coordinator because he got a call about a dude trying to run down into the moat during Wishes.

Attached: FFD1F0EE-E43E-4573-9BE6-DA5311AF5F90.jpg (1280x1920, 220K)

>Soarin' queue in Tokyo has a painting of what appears to be the lantern festival from Tangled in one of the cases chronicling the adventures of Camellia Falco
>Also, lost world full of pterodactyls

Goddamn, Society of Explorers and Adventurers really is the Deepest Disney Lore

Attached: ObA.jpg (1500x1000, 176K)

>Jenny
>cute

They want you to feel like you’re living a movie rather than watching one, therefore no soundtrack.

You pay 200 bucks for tickets I want to listen to some fucking music

I have a feeling they'll backtrack eventually and just add music to the speakers that are already there

Agree
I would be shocked if this didn’t happen. I haven’t been to GE yet but everyone I know who has mentions the lack of music as one of the biggest mistakes.

But that takes so much out of it because music is a HUGE part of movies.
You know what happened the first time I went to Wizarding World? I walked through the Hogsmede gate, there's the express puffing away, Hogwarts is looming in the distance.
And all the while, this is playing over the speakers, the part at 1:48 blaring triumphantly as I cross the threshold: youtu.be/PmQ1XTWg74M

You bet your ass I got a little bleary-eyed. I remember that moment like it was yesterday nearly a decade later. And that absolutely wouldn't have happened if the only thing I had to listen to was chattering tourists and rollercoasters off in the distance.

>SEA Lore starts crossing over with Disney Princesses
>one explorer disappeared beneath the waves in search of Atlantica
>one is investigating the legend of the Snow Queen in modern day Arrendelle
>another uncovered the ruins of a long lost civilization; roughly translated, the name appears to be Kuzkotopia

Nothing for Euro Disney but price hikes.

>Princess Disney saving the day

Never been to Disney World. Disneyland had some great memories like the gondolas that used to go through Matterhorn, the submarine ride, and driving the cars. Most of that shit is gone now. When Indiana Jones first opened it was the best. The ride was rough and the interior was really dark, so shit made you jump. I heard they brightened it up and the cars aren't so rough anymore.
Tower of Terror was pretty cool and I appreciated the Twilight Zone theme. I understand why they re-purposed it though.
As far as favorite souvenirs go, I like my old flintlock rifle my parents bought me where Pirates of the Caribbean is(back when they were still rapey pirates).
Expensive and crowded shitty tourists. It's better for a vacation with the family where you stay down there. For the day, it's pretty meh.

oh my god, user, you can't just ask someone why they're white.

shut up Gretchen!

>tfw part time wasn't enough to pay the gas and car with some reasonable savings left over
>tfw couldnt get full time so had to change jobs
>tfw they couldn't suck all the magic out of me
>tfw it actually grew
>tfw still have that spark in my eye in any future position
they don't know what they lost
because it's so easy to replace me with the next person on the bottom rung. let me have this tiny fake "victory" okay

Attached: froppy.png (1077x1077, 838K)

Just finished my trip to Disney World, i’m on the Magical Express™ to the airport right now.
I spent the whole trip looking for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit merchandise, didn’t find any until I took a last ditch effort trip to Magic Kingdom...ended up spending 150 dollars on merch of that rabbit

You are right. I meant to say perfect

I'd love a Dreamworks park.

Gib Kirby cafe

Raging Spirits at Tokyo DisneySea was already focused around ruins looking like Kuzco's empire

Attached: 4517565734_606c6c4cef_o.jpg (791x1164, 704K)

based jenny chad
how long were you there for ?highlights ?where did you stay? give us something to discuss
cool

>still no sign of Splashanon
H-he's coming, right?

he must be in the laughing place

I have a Disneyland app, here are current wait times for various rides. Keep in mind that currently it's 9:48am in California right now

>Millennium Falcon: 65 Minutes
>Space Mountain: 45 Minutes
>Guardians of the Galaxy (California Adv.): 45 Minutes
>Matterhorn: 35 Minutes
>Peter Pan Flight: 30 Minutes
>Dumbo: 25 Minutes
>Thunder Mountain Railroad: 25 Minutes
>Star Tours: 20 Minutes
>Soarin (California Adv.): 20 Minutes
>Incredicoaster (California Adv.): 15 Minutes
>Ferris Wheel (California Adv.): 15 Minutes
>Jumpin Jellyfish (California Adv.): 10 Minutes
>Jungle Cruise: 5 minutes
>Small World: 5 Minutes
>Pirates of the Caribbean: 5 minutes
>Grizzly River Run (California Adv.): 5 minutes
>Splash Mountain: 5 minutes
>Haunted Mansion: 5 Minutes

Here are Disney World waits (currently 12:48pm there):

>Avatar Flight of Passge (AK): 150 mins
>Tower of Terror (HS): 125 Mins
>Mine Train (MK): 110 Mins
>Haunted Mansion (MK): 105 Mins
>Slinky Coaster (HS): 85 Mins
>Space Mountain (MK): 85 Mins
>Splash Mountain (MK): 80 Minutes
>Test Track (Epcot): 80 Mins
>Aerosmith (HS): 75 Mins
>Na'vi River Journey (AK): 75 Mins
>Peter Pan Flight (MK): 70 Minutes
>Toy Story Mania (HS): 70 Mins
>Jungle Cruise (MK): 70 Mins
>Jungle Cruise (MK): 70 Minutes
>Thundermountain Railroad (MK): 60 Minutes
>Pirates of the Caribbean (MK): 55 Mins
>The Seas w/ Nemo (Epcot): 55 Mins
>Mission Space (Epcot): 50 Mins
>Safari (AK): 45 Mins
>Kali River Rapids (AK): 45 Mins
>Frozen Ever After (Epcot): 40 Mins
>Dumbo (MK): 30 Mins
>Star Tours (HS): 30 Mins
>Soarin (Epcot): 30 Mins
>Muppetvision (HS): 15 Mins
>Spaceship Earth (Epcot): 5 Mins

Does seem to be more empty than usual especially compared to WDW. But not catastrophically empty. Will be interesting to see if Disneyland gets busier as the day goes

When I went to WDW 3 weeks ago the wait time for the 7 Dwarves Mine Train was 75 minutes at 9:45am. Disneyland seems empty as fuck in comparison.

Doubtful, seeing as it's middle of the week and it's been going on for quite some time now. Almost feels like I should be there to take advantage; those times are like a theme/amusement park goer's wet dream. Even with all the aforementioned factors, it's still surprising to see things that barren. Hell, Radiator Springs having less than an hour wait-time is quite shocking.

real disney ad

Attached: DZpFXkAERwxQ.jpg (828x1185, 188K)

And after thinking about it, I'm even more surprised considering that it's DL's 64th anniversary today. I mean, at this rate, it'll probably be a desert a year from now when it really matters.

One thing that's worth pointing out though is that Disneyland has optimized a lot of their lines. I've been going since I was a kid and had passes for like a decade, still make a yearly trip and the only rides you'll always have a guaranteed wait for are Indy, Space, Roger Rabbit and fucking Peter Pan. But I've been able to hop right onto Mansion, Splash, Pirates and Small World for years. Matterhorn and Thunder Mountain can be a give or take. Over in DCA, Grizzly and Incredicoaster are super quick to hop on. Radiator Springs is a bitch but has gotten better and Guardians I usually fast pass. Fuck Soarin, it's not worth the 30 minutes it's always at.

New theme park alert:
Potential new $100 million theme park coming to Waterloo, Iowa next to the Lost Island Waterpark for 2022
kwwl.com/cedar-falls/2019/07/15/lost-island-to-add-100-million-theme-park-construction-begins-soon/

>The Lost Island Theme-park will take guests deeper into the story behind it in a new immersive way.
>That will encourage guests to discover through play, whether its scavenger hunts or interactive elements throughout the facility that you don’t necessarily see at an amusement park said Bertch
neat
>

Attached: Lost-island-artist-concept.jpg (1024x638, 165K)

Legit tempted to book a last-minute trip desu

ghostbusters confirmed for hhn orlando youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc

I feel like it’s important to point out that DL is still blocked out for 80% of its passholder tiers, and those make up the bulk of attendance. WDW has no one blocked and primarily has more one timers and international guests on any given day, as opposed to locals. It’s not fair to say that DL and Galaxy’s Edge are failing when they explicitly planned for the land to not be as crowded over the trial opening and the summer.

same or maybe go for my birthday next month
found a link for discounted tickets too getawaytoday.com/tickets

Town's been itching to turn that area into a larger entertainment complex ever since the casino came in.

How can other Halloween events even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z15D4-DfRQs
six flags over texas is getting one of these next year according to a leak

ladies and gentlemen boys and girls i give to you kino youtube.com/watch?v=oTk9t9R0DwI

You following the rumors too huh?
This looks very much like a perfect thing for Texas

So long story short, I'm moving to the Orlando area. Is the annual pass worth it? How much is it per month?

Disney World doesn't have monthly payments like Disneyland.

2 Water parks pass: $139 per year
4 Park Platinum: $1119 per year
4 Park Platinum Plus: $1219
Florida Resident Select pass: $439

$139 sounds like a steal for the waterparks

DON'T DISRESPECT MY DAUGHTER'S TEETH

Attached: 1562616141099.jpg (1024x673, 123K)

news.yahoo.com/i-was-so-livid-disney-heiress-visits-theme-park-undercover-to-see-worker-conditions-093000722.html

Disney World does have monthly payments, you just have to be a Florida resident.

The music syncs up a little too well at the start of that video.

>it's real
orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/hhn/details/announcements#ghostbusters-at-hhn-2019/
Fuck yes, the Ghostbusters are coming home

>"We're in Toontown. Right in front of Goofy's Playhouse"
pottery

Attached: 1562716519226.png (182x422, 128K)

unironically what did he mean by this

Attached: gb.png (770x370, 64K)

Everyone involved cums buckets for Halloween Horror Nights, from designers, scareactors, to us.

Is that per ticket?

People ignored this, but this will probably be the case. That being said, it IS a model, and might not be the final design. I have high hopes they’ll come up with something that looks and feels good.

I almost feel like this is a preemptive warning that the Ghostbusters house isn't gonna be all that scary.

Planning to do HHN in 2020 for the 30th Anniversary, any advice on how to make it work on a budget? Ideally I'd also wanna do the parks during the day and spring for the Express Pass.

I know if you stay on location, Express Pass is included; does that carry over to HHN, or is it just for the rides?

I'm taking someone to Disneyland Anaheim for their 25th birthday. They've never been. Anything special I should know about? Do they still do the birthday badge thing? Also, if neither of us have seen a Star Wars movie in our lives, are we going to be disappointed by the new Star Wars attractions? I don't know the first thing about the franchise other than "Luke, I am your father." since I've always been a bit of an animation-only person with movies but I had fun with one of the rides a few years ago.

You can still get the birthday pin, yeah. Just pick one up at City Hall on Main Street.

Honestly, I’m okay with that. If any houses should be weak scarewise compared to the others, it’s Ghostbusters and Stranger Things.

I've only ever been in the Stranger Things one (happened to be there on Stranger Things Day) and I keep hearing people refer to it as one of the weaker houses when that fucking thing had me actually scream like 2 or 3 times, mainly when you're in the Byers House and at the end in the void. Can't imagine what the more top tier houses must be like, Halloween is my favorite time of year and I'd love to go some day to do it all properly.

W-where's Splashanon

Attached: DeUe3.jpg (700x394, 39K)

I'm a big ole pussy when it comes to jumpscares, so hearing that the only two mazes I'm interested in aren't on the super scary side is good news. I'm moving to Haines City soon and I am definitely doing HHN this year.

I just got back from Disneyland today. I've learned that if you want to get on many rides as you can, get there during the night when the closing shows happen. I got on 6 rides in the span of 3 hours by doing this.
Galaxy's Edge is currently all style, no substance. The only ride they have at the moment is comparable to the Simpsons Ride at Universal, with the more ambitious Rise of the Resistance opening several months from now.

>RotR isn't opening until 20 fucking 20
I feel like some of the negative response to Galaxy's Edge has been a little overexagggerated but fuck me how do you botch an opening that badly.

Reminds me of when Toy Story Land first opened and we had that one day where fucking Muppetvision 3D was the only functioning attraction in the whole of Hollywood Studios because literally everything else was either under construction or down for maintenance

>Reminds me of when Toy Story Land first opened and we had that one day where fucking Muppetvision 3D was the only functioning attraction in the whole of Hollywood Studios because literally everything else was either under construction or down for maintenance

If that’s the day I’m thinking of, that was because a power surge caused a small fire in exactly the worst place in the system, so every ride that was up had to be shut down. Except for Muppetkino, which for some reason has it’s own separate line, that was completely fine to leave running.

So do we think Universal is gonna bring back Killer Klowns From Outer Space for HHN 29, or wait a year so they can make it part of the 30th anniversary?

My money's on the latter, personally. It was far and away the most popular scare zone last year and it's not like the props are going anywhere. Might as well save it for the 30th, especially since this year has Stranger Things AND Ghostbusters.

All other theme park rankings need not apply:
>Islands of Adventure
>Knotts Berry Farm
>Cedar Point
>Disneyland
>Great Adventure
>Magic Mountain
>California Adventure
>Animal Kingdom
>Sea World
>Busch Gardens
>Kings Island
>Epcot
>Hollywood Studios

Forgot Universal Hollywood and Orlando, but both would be under Disneyland

Your forgetting the GOAT Disney Sea. Also USJ is legit. They still have Terminator and Jaws.

>no Magic Kingdom

Please stop this circle jerking shit. It will lead to these threads being absolutely ruined and eventually banned.

If you like "splashanon" so much, add him on discord and stop bringing it into these threads

Why are Brazilian kids so rude? Is it because they're not home or are they like this at home?

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-113818.png (1440x2560, 1.33M)

Wow ! Pics of what you got??

They got rid of all the rifles. Stupid decision. They were $15 and sold like hotcakes. I really wish I had one for my son.

My friend told me about the entrance and I didn't believe her. The first time I walked through was amazing. I had a really good time with her. Our friendship ended though. Sad.

Jenny is definitely cute but her humor gets snobby.

It's most likely because they're like that everywhere.

Tourist trap. They need rides. Otherwise it's a glorified store.

Love it

Wuuut :)

Ok so I'm going to Universal Studios and IOA with my two nephews, age 4 and 8. What should I do? I know I am visiting Woody Woodpecker & Curious George & Popeye because my nephew loves playgrounds and loves those characters.

Is it true or a lie that they're tearing these down:

youtu.be/WuN5Epcu2x0

It really is a glorified store at this point. Such a waste. They could have had Harry Potter beaten so easily.

what could it be bros?

Attached: hw 2020.jpg (1440x1150, 143K)

Man I need to go there sometime. I lived close to there not too long ago.

voyage is top notch

How tall is the 4 year kid? 108cm is the height for most of the family rides, 122 is for forbidden journey and Hagrid's coaster (Don't try and sneak past ride attendents). Will need to see what kind of rides he's capable of you can do flight of the hippogriph for a coaster.

I've been on the minions ride and it had an emergency stop 5 seconds in because the kid freaked out as soon as it started moving.

You're probably going to have to take turns taking the 4 year old around the playgrounds or giving him ice creams if you want to ride everything.

Yeah the kid is short but also fearless. I have my in laws coming so they can watch him while I ride bigger rides.

4 is too young to go to a theme park

When I was a kid Disney customers were mostly Americans who respected our ways. Now that it's international, I don't know why people are complaining about pricing out families. It's pricing out misbehaving ghetto people, not families.
Back in the day, people used to be decent no matter how poor or rich, but that's fading.

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-155139.png (1440x2560, 1.08M)

Tell that to Legoland or Magic Kingdom.

It was a glorious day.

Attached: callingitin.jpg (496x505, 87K)

108 unlocks the water rides, 122 for the Harry Potter rides (he'll be able to do Hippogriph and the train journey). Measure him before you travel, let him know what rides he will be able to go on to avoid tears (be realistic, wearing shoes, not tiptoe, not stretching). Don't chance it, waiting 45 minutes to be turned away could ruin his day.

Every area of the park will have something for him to do whilst he waits, be it a playground, a kiddie ride, sweet treat or a wand (it'll cost to keep him entertained).

I think Disney have got to be looking at a third location, the parks are getting saturated and it's hurting their reputation.

youtube.com/watch?v=WeUyZApr5OQ

Thoughts on Timtracker?

I want his mustache to tickle my asshole

you are really overeacting
well too young for universal then
dont they have measuring sticks before you line up?
used to be cool but then sold out to disney his wife is finnnne

They do but the earlier you can say "sorry, can't go on that" the less it'll upset the kid.

Honestly, 4/5 is perfect. You can ride a fair amount of rides, you don’t need your diaper changed. You’re less likely to be terrified of characters, but that depends on the kid. You’ll actually remember at least some of the trip too. And, even though people shove their ten year olds in strollers now, a 4/5 year can walk around the park all day with no stroller just fine, so that’s one less thing to worry about.

My first trip was for my fourth birthday and I still remember meeting Ariel and going on Dumbo and Tower of Terror. I also vaguely remember getting lost but talking to a nice CM about the shit I did that day, until my mom found me.

Uni is nice because they have a height stick at the entrance of the parks, just past security, with all the different rides. So even before you get close to a particular ride, you’ll have a good idea on if they’re completely clear, iffy, or won’t be able to ride outright. They’ll definitely be measured once at the entrance and again at loading, but you can have that convo early on to prepare them.

It wouldn't surprise me if they build a Killer Klowns house for the 30th. They did the Trick R Treat house because the scare zone was so popular the year or two before.

I don't like him but his SeaWorld videos are good. He annoys me because I hate hipsters and they are definitely that.

Launch coaster

they already have a launch coaster

dead

Attached: 1563384625018.png (1920x999, 3.84M)

Well it's a whole Land with a single ride. I don't know why this is shocking

Must be nice

Wait, that's the entire star wars part of Disney? That looks like a west Texas oil field town without fun of guns around.

They're safe now, but the rumor is they'll eventually tear it down for Pokemon Land

It's Ralph McQuarrie domes everywhere. You know, part of that whole nu-Canon decision that all architecture is restricted to looking like his artwork and specifically Jabba's Palace.

>It's Ralph McQuarrie domes

its just mosques he saw in the middle east

what cm costume is the cutest?

Mickey's

>A day pass during peak season is $120
Most people don't got to parks by themselves, and if you're married and have kids you're most likely fronting the bill alone. So just taking 4 people for the day is $480 just to get in, let alone food/drinks and dumb souvenirs.

Have you tried not being poor?