Morbius (July 31st, 2020)

Morbius (July 31st, 2020)

>After announcing plans for a new shared universe of films inspired by Spider-Man characters beginning with Venom, Sony was revealed to be developing one based on Morbius. Filming ended this June.

Jared Leto as Michael Morbius: A scientist suffering from a rare blood disease who attempts to cure himself and instead becomes afflicted with a form of vampirism.

Adria Arjona as Martine Bancroft: Morbius's fiancée.

Matt Smith as Loxias Crown:
Morbius's friend who suffers from the same rare blood disease. Smith joined the film, after previously turning down other superhero film roles, due to director Daniel Espinosa's involvement and encouragement from Karen Gillan, who portrays Nebula in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and previously worked with Smith on Doctor Who.

Jared Harris as Morbius's mentor.

Tyrese Gibson as Simon Stroud: An FBI agent hunting Morbius. Gibson signed a three picture deal when he joined the film.

Lenora Crichlow as Maria Russo: A neighbor of Morbius.

Additionally, Al Madrigal portrays Stroud's FBI partner Alberto Rodriguez.

Attached: DEC15BE0-70C0-4716-A17A-F693785CA383.jpg (1330x700, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hunger_(Crown)_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not entirely sure how you make a Morbius movie without Spider-Man. Same goes for Kraven

Based on the mocap dots here, it looks like they’re gonna use CGI For morbius to look vampiric when he tranforms

Attached: A7B89BAD-6051-43D4-B5BB-005104879FA9.jpg (945x1193, 766K)

Just adapt Volume 1 from the '90s. IIRC Spider-Man didn't appear at all.

>this is a “scientist” with a blood disease

But literally his transformation only happens because he studies Spider-Man’s blood

>Matt Smith as Loxias Crown: Morbius's friend who suffers from the same rare blood disease

>Jared Harris as Morbius's mentor.

I know literally nothing about morbius comics, but I’m assuming these are the bad guys

Am I right?

Attached: A4869855-D51A-4706-BE98-35B25A8EA183.jpg (1222x817, 178K)

That could be his body transformed as a result of him becoming a vampire.

Why is Morbius played by a 48 year old man, but his fiancé is played by a 28 year old woman?

What will the mocap dots on his hands do? Make claws?

I mean, is it really any more weird than VENOM with Spider-Man?

>Isn't it weird how Hollywood casts attractive people??

Novel observation, Zarathustra.

Hollywood loves pushing the May-December romance thing. We all know it's weird.

It would make more sense for them to cast one of those sickly looking British fuckers girls go nuts for over a buff dude?
I mean the movie is going to blow anyway but still.

This.

Attached: Henry Cavill Amy Adams 10 Year Age Difference Man of Steel.jpg (684x1024, 129K)

That's from the 90s cartoon.

I think he showed up once late in the run.

Not if they want him to do convincing fight scenes.

He is going to be a cartoon fighting other cartoons in all of them anyway so it wouldn't matter.

Dude is almost 50, his fight scenes will be done by stunt men anyway

Is “Loxias Crown” meant to be this guy?
marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hunger_(Crown)_(Earth-616)

Attached: 638DA0C7-3358-4057-8B5E-98AA248D665F.jpg (360x450, 33K)

I have a feeling a lot of people on Yea Forums only know him from Neogenic Nightmare in that cartoon, lol. He had a whole solo series in the '90s that had nothing to do with Spider-man, guys! It mostly focused on occult stuff similar to Blade and Ghost Rider. Spider-man is by no means a necessity for a Morbius movie.

Attached: 5wlDsQy.jpg (985x1505, 414K)

I bet Yea Forums will call the movie inaccurate for showing him drinking blood with his fangs instead of sucking 'plasma' through holes in his hands, too.

Bump

Partially.

Loxias is the main villain.

Jared Harris' character, Emil Nykos, is the "surprise" villain/sequel bait, like Woody Harrelson as Cletus Kasady in VENOM.

Because the old guys that produce these movies have to convince young women that old men are desirable.

The hand suckers are way creepier and more interesting, honestly.

Well they certainly seem more practical