Does Silk have a chance for redemption? She started out as Slott's fetish OC creation...

Does Silk have a chance for redemption? She started out as Slott's fetish OC creation, and by the time other writers began to salvage her people had moved on. There are rumors of Silk getting a live action movie from SONY, and appearing in Spider-Verse 2, so those could help.

Really I just find it stupid that Ghost Spider/Spider-Gwen/fucking whatever gets pushed so much these days over a costume. What would you do with Silk in comic canon?

Attached: Silk cover.jpg (1596x2394, 611K)

Make her Miles Mentor like Jessica Drew was in 1610

Why not a best friend/sister type relationship with Mary Jane instead?

She's busy being in Asians of Atlas right now.

She doesn't really need that much involvement with the main book right now, spider-people are always at their weakest the more important to Peter they become.
Her and all the other Spider-People are gonna show in Spencers run soon though, we saw that last issue

Eh, the Eddie/Miles mentorship has way more potential. Also pretty sure Miles has been a hero longer than Silk

She needs a role that's separates her from the dozen other Spider people

There are already like 4 other female Spiders running around

Silk. while I like the costume is just another retread of Spider-woman and Spider-woman/Arachne. It doesn't pop as much as Gwen's

>Jessica Drew
Has no relation to Peter, hangs around with Carol mostly, and all but forgotten despite being the first (sadly)
>Ghost Spider
From another universe and practically a different character entirely when compared to 616 Gwen. Her and Peter COULD have interesting stories together, but thus far as been bland shit.
>Spinneret
Again, from another universe. But the weird bit is that I get the vibe from Spencer that he wants 616 Mary Jane to become Spinneret too.

The problem is that nobody has bothered to give her a specific purpose. With Gwen they tried to make her a dimensional fixer, but Silk is simply an asian-spiderwoman.

The mask just like that is a bit silly, but her costume is not bad.

You bring up an interesting point. Let's examine the other "spider-family" members:
>Eddie Brock is the anti-hero willing to do things Peter won't.
>Flash Thompson is the fanboy turned soldier turned special agent, inspired by Parker
>Miles is the rookie who might as well be 616 at this point since Marvel is disinterested in his Ultimate origins

So where exactly does that leave Cindy? She was bitten by the same spider as Peter, was sheltered in a bunker for years, and had that fetish pheromone shit. You could argue that she's somewhat similar to Cassandra Cain from Batman, and should have issues communicating/interacting with other people, but that only goes so far. Maybe the way to go with Cindy is her being Peter's eyes and ears on the street. Like how Anansi The Spider collected stories, she's one of the best information brokers in NY.

Asian pussy was intelligently designed by God for white cock

Her solo series was good, but she achieved her whole reason for becoming a super hero. She found her family. If they do give her another run, she needs to get a wholly new motivation for being a hero.

I like her bandana

I don't know if the matter has already been addressed or deliberately they want to forget about it in Marvel, but they could take all of Straczynski's Totem shit try to reorganize it and make Silk the character that faces and manages this kind of mystical things related to a spider god. After all her pheromones can have various meanings in the lore.

In short, a mystical Spider-woman, not so much in the sense of Dr.Strange, but in the sense of the Totems lore. For the rest, I don't know, but certainly they must give her a context that is uniquely for her and a real nemesi that is also the reason for her existence.

I don't know, I was always wary on the totem shit being introduced in Spider-Man. Seems a bit too out there for my tastes. However you may be on to something. What if Silk does become the totem instead of Peter? It keeps the concept intact, lets Cindy explore it further, and keeps Peter away from it.

>Asians of Atlas
yfw when you read that and momentarily dismiss it as genuine due to sjwMarvel bullshit.

It's kind of a dumb book in my opinion. I feel like it was a reactionary to pic related, which was fantastic and unfortunately cancelled

Attached: The Justice League of China.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)

Jessica is the one who usually joins the Avengers type teams. She's even joining Strikeforce in a few months.

Apparently Gwen is going to go to ESU in 616, so she's going to be traveling back and forth all the time

There's also Julia and Anya

AU Gwen needs to stay in her own damn yard. Marvel refuses to let her go, because she's arguably the most marketable Spider-Woman they have. Julia and Anya might as well not exist at this point.

When was the last time Julia and Anya showed up in anything?

I think Julia showed up depowered for like the fourth time in the Prowler miniseries during that Clone Conspiracy arc?

Anya hasn't shown up since Spider-Geddon

What if you reversed it? Younger more experience hero mentors older inexperienced hero, I can't think of anytime that's happened before. If nothing else it would be kinda funny.

Cindy's kinda mentally stunted, so I dunno if that'll work out too good.

Maybe MJ can start a clothing line based off Cindy's webs.