Eternals (Film)

What will it be about?

Attached: Eternals.png (301x103, 50K)

eternals

About two hours long.

Holy shit

Neil Gaiman’s run

It can be well adapted into a film

I'm still not convinced that it's actually happening. Still pretty confident it's a screen for an X-Men reboot.

Can anyone give a Cole's Notes version of what the Eternals are all about?
I could Google it, but I'd like to hear your opinions, too.

You literally just had another X-Men movie? What's wrong with you.

Attached: 1557037738151.png (391x494, 326K)

I'm betting that a good chunk of it will be revealing the long history of the MCU and how the Eternals bobbed and weaved out of it.
But seeing how the Loki show is apparently going to be about that, I have no fucking clue. This is one of the biggest question marks of all MCU projects.

I imagine they'll probably take elements of Gaiman's run and build around that. The premise is pretty much a perfect way to introduce the Eternals to the MCU.

It's probably going to recycle any unused script they had from the aborted Inhumans movie. A secret hidden society of superhumans gets discovered by humanity, while the villain makes a bid to overthrow the king and take power. All they need to do is add detail of how Eternals have been around for thousands of years and shaped our mythology, plus tease the Deviants and Celestials for sequels.

THEN JUST FUCKING MAKE AN INHUMANS MOVIE!

They already made an Inhumans series and it was the worst thing that marvel has ever created

I know.
Like, Ike Perlmutter couldn't have fucking wait? Why was he in such a god damn rush to get an Inhumans film out there?

....Agreed. It would explain why nobody has seen them all this time.

They're what happens when Jack Kirby reads Erich von Däniken.

In his mythology, the actual fucking Gods (not gods) visited Earth about a million years ago or so and made from Homo Erectus three new races: The Deviants, genetically unstable, monstrous beings who dwell underground and enslaved humanity, thousands of years ago until they were defeated and cast down by their creators; humanity, which is seemingly weak but has the potential to develop super-powers (although I am not sure this is actually canon in the original story) and the Eternals, immortal, god-like beings who live in Earth's high places and don't get involved with humanity much, although they were the inspiration of Earth's mythologies.

The Gods (aka Celestials) will eventually return and pass judgment on the world.

Spite. And lack of funding.

It was a casualty of Fiege and Ike hating each other. We can't have an Inhumans movie because Ike wanted one.

>They already made an Inhumans series and it was the worst thing that marvel has ever created
The problems with that series were nothing related to the Inhumans themselves, the problems were all because of Ike not wanting to spend money, even on a show that was his baby.

Feige only agreed to Inhumans so he could get Captain Marvel approved. Once he was independent of Perlmutter he dropped it like a hot potato.

Because he wanted a new franchise to replace the X-Men because Fox had X-Men's movie rights and he didn't understand that these franchises took decades to create at enormous expense to Marvel and instead tried to do it on a shoe string budget.

>were nothing related to the Inhumans themselves
The Inhumans are the least of Kirby's creations. There's no actual meat there.

Do rich people even watch movies or read books or anything? I legit wonder if they know how stories even work

More importantly, which character’s gonna be queer? Since they’re REALLY pushing it in this one, we might as well know.

If the eternals are older than humanity, where they have been all this time of Thanos wiping out planets?

Hercules, duh.
I don't know how Herc is actually meant to figure into an Eternals movie, but the mythological Hercules fucked dudes, so it makes sense.

I feel as though that’ll almost be TOO obvious.

>the eternals are older than humanity

If so, not by much.

If they take Gaiman's story as a basis for the movie, which they would be wise to do, the Eternals have been living among mortals for a long time, having forgotten they are god-like superbeings through treachery of their own.

Attached: Kirby.png (1368x959, 2.76M)

Reflecting on that page... I am experiencing uncommonly strong zeerust.

Eternals with quippy jokes, iron man, inhumans, and maybe a slight chance of introducing mutants. But mostly Quippy jokes.

>
Thanos is an eternals... so about Thanos' race that was sorta teased in Infinity War. They were humans experimented by the Celestials

I'm pretty sure Kevin Feige confirmed they're adapting Jack Kirby's run

Probably dead or in hiding since Thanos IS a mutated Eternal in the comics and movie Thanos mentioned that his planet got destroyed because of overpopulation.

What was with Kirby and races that were inherently evil from birth?

X-Fags, everything has to be about X-Men, even in properties have nothing to do with them.

I read mostly DC and I have no fucking idea who the Eternals are. Are they like the Marvel equivalent of New Gods or something?

(Drum sting)

>Neil Gaiman’s run
So with this shit, they already said it was going to be based on Kirby's run. I understand none of you actually read it so you lack a reference frame but for fucks sake stop peddling falsehoods.

No, they were more or less the basis for the actual mythology gods in Marvel (Gilgamesh, Thena, Ikaris, Zuras, etc) with cosmic power infused by the Celestials, who live in Olympia. Doesn't take much to understand where's all going with that.
After they were conceived the lore was expanded to explain how there's more Eternals out there and why is Thanos (notice the name) an Eternal, by introducing the Titanians and Uranians, both splinter tribes from the Human Eternals who fled the Earth after a series of conflicts among them. I'm sure this will be explained in the movie since it serves a a basis of the ancient history of the Marvel Universe.

Who even asked for this? Of all the characters it seems like Marvel is intent on picking the worst ones to do movies about.

>you can only want 1 movie at any given time!

Cringe, yikes and oof

If it all came down to movies that were "asked for" then a lot of what we've seen so far wouldn't have been made.
But this is fucking retarded, they're not going to do X-Men this soon, deal with it already. Feige said they were gonna do them in five years minimum. He didn't say anything about the Fantastic Four though, so that will definitely happen earlier.

Probably gonna be pretty ass but Marvel is really trying to find a new Xmen.

Very savvy, user. I can tell you're a man who keeps up with the times.

I don't understand who this is for

I don't know if the Deviants were EVIL. They jjust got dealt a bad hand.

>Are they like the Marvel equivalent of New Gods or something?

Funny story.

Kirby wanted his Thor stories to end with Ragnarok, but Marvel (I am guessing Stan) nixed it because Thor was too popular. So Jack went to DC and created New Gods, which starts with Ragnarok and is a spiritual sequel to his Thor stories. He wanted it to have a definite end, too... and then DC pulled the same thing. So he want back to Marvel and that's when he created the Eternals etc.

Eternals originally was not part of the Marvel universe, but they got folded into it in the pages of Thor. History is a cycle.

I found myself asking that about 'Shang-Chi'. You might say "The Chinese" but why the fuck would they care?

Go read the Kirby comics. Spirite is basically a background character in them. He is only prominent in the Gaiman Eternals where his actions drive the entire plot. The fact that all we hear about for this movie are the Eternals points to this being an adaptation of the Gaiman stuff. In the Kirby material, the Deviants are much more prominent as villains, but also as heroes and supporting characters.

>but they got folded into it in the pages of Thor. History is a cycle.

By Roy Thomas of all people whom Kirby mocked during his time at DC when he created the character of Houseroy as an assistant for Funky Flashman aka Stan Lee.

People who like cosmic MCU but also like Game of Thrones? It doesn't take many braincells to figure this out.
>Eternals originally was not part of the Marvel universe, but they got folded into it in the pages of Thor
Them and the Celestials, even after his passing, became part of Thor's lore. Hell, there's also the Deviants saga...
And why is Sprite even relevant here? The Millie Bobbie Brown casting is fake, it has been debunked twice but people keep insisting it's real. There hasn't been any casting for "Sprite" yet, only specific characters have been named (Sersi, Makkari, not sure about Ikaris).
And yes I've already read ALL Eternals stuff, including the Gillis and Knauf's runs. Thru already said it was going to be hard on Kirby's and it was a prequel to boot, so definitely not based on anything modern.

>Probably gonna be pretty ass but Marvel is really trying to find a new Xmen.

They're not, they already have the X-Men from the Fox deal, but they don't have the same pull that did two decades ago, and it doesn't help the last X-Men movie left a really bad taste in their mouth with it flopping horribly. Feige knew that they've been a bit long in the tooth and have fallen out of favor, he wants to make sure they're out of the minds of everybody before they make their debut in the MCU, so it will at least have some impact.

It's better that they're exploring other properties anyways, the Avengers became the new hotness of the superhero genre for the public without feeling like they've overstayed their welcome, now they have Spider-Man keeping the attention of the public until he too eventually has to move on.

>It's better that they're exploring other properties anyways
This. The MCU made people care about characters like Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, fucking Rocket Raccoon and Groot, yet some people want them to retread the same grounds and reboot yet again the same properties for a quick buck? They have vast stories to explore, let them. It's not like we're forced to watch it all (God knows people didn't bother with Ant-Man and Doctor Strange and there's those who were lost with the Spider-Man FFH postcredits scene for skipping CM), and it seems like the upcoming phase is gonna be more or less standalone, which is how it all started.

Bump, because for the life of me there has to be at least one Eternals thread that lasts beyond a couple hours.

Attached: ueltunev74gz.jpg (575x855, 69K)

so MCUck so.y fucks like yourself.

Fuck off, you don't read any of this stuff anyway. Stick to your Batman.

>Who even asked for this?

who asked for Guardians of the Galaxy?

They need new characters from new genres to avoid capeshit fatigue.

It's going to be a mix of both with a little of cosmic Marvel lore thrown in

Ike doesn't care about burning properties. It's why Inhumans and Iron Fist were such rush job trash and they flopped.

Well yeah, somehow they have to bring the point across that they're basically immortal, and for that to happen they must put them in present or near present times. But a good chunk of the movie should take place in the forlorn past, otherwise they won't be able to explain well how Thanos came to be (which was one of the things they said they would address).

The eternals get the same deal as gotg

they weren't ever popular but where widely remembered for having great underdog runs.

>who asked for Guardians of the Galaxy?
I can tell you that no one asked for them after the movies came out, either. But they certainly got pushed hard in comics, cartoons, video games and toys (which no one bought).

Technically Thanos being an Eternal is a retcon. Starlin originally just had him as an alien (from Titan I think).

Yeah but that was the very first appearance in the Iron Man #18 he wrote, where even Eros and Mentor were purple like him. Every other appearance had them pink-looking, with him as the purple outlier.

Iron Man #55 not #18, just checked my Captain Marvel trade, don't hit me!

Yea Forums DID! FUCKING Yea Forums DID BACK WHEN THE WHOLE DnA GOTG RUN WAS COMING OUT!!! Ask fucking Judge user! Yea Forums was all about the GOTG, Iron Fist, Moon Knight and other obscure but great characters!

I'm sure Yea Forums did but the sales were terrible for the entirety of the DnA run, not only of GOTG but even Annihilation, Conquest, and the War of Kings saga. They sold terribly man, that's a fact. Back then people cared more about Civil War.

A movie full of big names because not even Feige think it will be a success on its own.

it was the worst thing Marvel TV ever made. Anything TV is non-canon

Until we see a trailer, I still don't believe this is happening. This is known even less than Guardians of the Galaxy was before it's movie.

>It's all connected, yo!
>N-not this total failure of a series, though, our glorious MCU is in no way tainted by that.

Probably Gaiman's run with a bit of Kirby, with all the interesting stuff filed down into a standard MCU flick.

They already have a complete Script, a Director, People casted and is set to start Filming in September.

As far as connected things go, only the Agent Carter series has been acknowledged by the MCU.

No

Yes.

Jeph Loeb (aka the Marvel TV guy) was the only one pushing the its all connected meme

Only Agent Carter is canon due to Fiege producing it

the Director is Chloé Zhao who previously Wrote, Directed & Produced Songs My Brothers Taught Me (which she also Edited) & the Rider and the Writers are the Indie Filmmakers, the Firpo Bros.

Like I said, until we see a trailer, or I guess footage of the cast in costume, I don't believe it's happening.

We have six days until then, so you won't have to wait long.

Dude, it's literally confirmed by Feige and read &

Why bother, I've seen rabid X-Men fans still in complete denial about it because they swear only their franchise matters. I'm sure they even after the final confirmation next week, there'll be people saying Feige will reveal a secret X-Men movie to replace Eternals.

I hope they aren't fucking annoying when X-Men actually get reintroduced into the MCU. I don't want to hear demands about how the MCU should be nothing but X-centric events and movies.

I think it's going to be a while before F4 and X-Men get introduced into the MCU, maybe the end of Phase 4.(three years or so)

Feige said Phase 5.

>I hope they aren't fucking annoying when X-Men actually get reintroduced into the MCU. I don't want to hear demands about how the MCU should be nothing but X-centric events and movies.

Things that should but will never happen for $500, Alex.

And they only got made into movies because Feige wanted his own Star Wars.

Somewhere I had the actual firat issue... but I think it got thrown out when my apartment got fumigated a couple years ago. Fuck.

Huge, HUGE BIGLY loss, my dude. All that stuff including the trades are out of print for all series except for Gaiman's and that's because it got reprinted recently. Brevoort did say they're willing to reprint more when the movie gets closer to release, but for now all that stuff is highly priced in several places.

Marvel Studios & Disney are expecting Eternals to be the next Guardians of the Galaxy and I feel that it'll most likely fall short of that

Tonally it's going to be more serious, and I have a feeling it'll be more like Doctor Strange.

Hopefully the Deviants don't get the MCU Skrulls treatment when they get introduced.

How can they even do the Deviants at this point?

Marvel has too many hidden races that 'have escaped human detection until this point'.

Deviants and Eternals. Moloids. Lava Men. Inhumans. Atlanteans and Lemurians. Savage Land natives. Morlocks and mutants. God knows how many hidden cities with populations that have remained isolated all this time.