Was Powerpuff Girls really popular enough to warrant a Japanese version?

Was Powerpuff Girls really popular enough to warrant a Japanese version?

Attached: BLOSSOM.jpg (267x300, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0-eyoHvTGxs
youtube.com/watch?v=UYaY2Kb_PKI
twitter.com/CrackMcCraigen/status/759468000848203776
youtube.com/watch?v=azgRVpiOkLs
youtube.com/watch?v=EUbNjSdyg98
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Mahō shōjo is pretty popular there user.

>PPG was fresh and creative
>nip tv execs force the Japanese version to be turned into the most generic shit possible.

Horrifyingly enough, the PPG reboot is doing decent overseas.

I've seen it advertised in my cunt.

No one advertises in your cunt.
No one.

no american property is truly popular enough to warrant a Japanese release. japan hates western media.

Unless you are Kojima.

stitch would like a word and an explanation on why he's gotten two nippon series despite the series and movies being long dead, also no they don't you lying weeb.

that reminds me that Witchblade got an anime

to this day I'm still not sure why. I liked it, though

Japan fucking loves Disney and Tom & Jerry.

Wasn't it worked on by the same people who worked on Ojamajo Doremi?

doesnt count

And yet they VA CN/Disney cartoons.
You just sound like an angry tumblr hafu.

Does it hurt moving the goalposts like that?

i have no problem with people who enjoy Yea Forums material, but Yea Forumsutists are on a level of closing there ears and screaming i can't stand.
youtube.com/watch?v=0-eyoHvTGxs

>japan hates western media
サウスパーク disagrees with you

Japan has like 6 Marvel anime and only half were ever dubbed in english, they have whole conventions just for western cartoons, hell, Ian JQ just recently visited one to their surprise and delight

Attached: IMG_E2275[1].jpg (750x998, 550K)

>japan hates western media
Anime itself exists because of disney.

man i wish i could be as naïve as you are right now...

PPG S1-4 > PPGZ > PPG S5-6 > PPG 2016

Yes? The japs really wanted their own show because something something can't air foreign shows but they absolutely loved the PPG, so they made one. It was good, even if it was more Sailor Moon lite than it was PPG (DB)Z. Which is a bit disappointing imo not being PPG DBZ, but it still had charm

Still 1000x better than nuPPG, no matter how badly it makes xenophobes seethe.

Attached: Kaoru-Matsubara-kaoru-matsubara-14285505-640-563.jpg (640x563, 45K)

But I've seen ads in user's cunt. Whenever I'm down there slurping
youtube.com/watch?v=UYaY2Kb_PKI
plays every 5 minutes

I read on another message board that Japan loves Stitch but HATES Lilo because she’s bratty.

What did McCracken think of it?

Alladin remake made most of his foreign B.O in Japan

He has not seen it. He had a meeting with CN about that they would do the anime, he made some drawings and nothing else.

>He has not seen it.
False, he actually was personally interviewed by the team making PPGZ before it started to get his opionions on what "not to do" to keep it somewhat faithful to his vision

He said he thought it was "different" but ok. He had no problem with it existed, it had the "Japan feel" and accepted it.

nuPPG however he was really trying to hide his disappointment with it but fans knew he hated nuPPG to oblivion.

>can't air foreign shows
wait, what?

I think this was something back in the 2000s, some kind of Pollock. I don't know if that's been changed since the 2010s.

I adore the intro.

>Pollock
Wtf, policy.

Why do you care so much about what Japan thinks?

twitter.com/CrackMcCraigen/status/759468000848203776

>original powerpuff girls didn't conform to gender norms and kicked ass without obsessing over makeup and shopping and boys
>both the japanese remake and the western remake screw this up and make them vapid giggling schoolgirls too obsessed with twerking and cellphones and dating

Attached: 1562728455819.png (350x352, 112K)

Attached: ppgz.gif (384x288, 1.85M)

cartoon network japan started up in the 1990's, i'd be interested to see this policy desu.
youtube.com/watch?v=azgRVpiOkLs

If there is one good thing to come out of nuppg, is that it made me appreciate PPGZ.
It wasn't really that terrible, I just didn't give it a fair chance cuz muh ppg.

Attached: ppg behind the scenes.jpg (700x532, 153K)

Those transformation sequences were too long. Like really long, each girl had 10 seconds of them dancing in leotard and 1 second of them getting the skirt just to make that final pose. How did CN let this slide in?

Attached: original.gif (500x375, 864K)

Because they were the only part of the show really worth watching. Nipp shows blow 90% of the budget on one sequence.

Good, finally some progress. Next version with fembots only please, women died out.

cursed image

King of the Hill

Don't forget the best versions of the Wasp AND Kamala came from Japan.

>Mahō shōjo is pretty popular
Wrong, you fuck. Mahō shōjo is pretty much a dead genre, now barely represented.

Attached: p04.jpg (150x209, 13K)

user probably meant was, user, take that stick out of your ass.

When the PPG anime was made, Mahō Shōjo was already barely represented.

Attached: 1557075763166.jpg (366x514, 226K)

Weird thing to say when Pretty Cure is all powerful

No, the only countries that actually hate western media are the middle eastern ones.

Yes, Pretty Cure. It's why I said barely represented and not "unrepresented", I chose to qualify with "barely" precisely because Pretty Cure still exists (and may exist for ever)

Attached: 1557075782754.jpg (400x560, 126K)

Supernatural got an anime.

Still means mahou shoujo is super mega popular

To say Mahō shōjo is super popular just because Pretty Cure exists and does extremely well would be like living in 1995 and saying "animated sitcoms are super popular in America, because The Simpsons are doing very well"

No. Animated sitcoms were a barely represented genre in America in the mid 90s regardless. The Simpsons only influence the accuracy of that sentence by forcing us to add the "barely"
In the same way, Mahō shōjo is a barely represented genre today.

Attached: 1556888377789 (2).jpg (411x579, 113K)

Worst ojama

PPG was a massive commercial success. Like Looney Tunes in the mid-90s, PPG merch was everywhere and selling very well.

youtube.com/watch?v=EUbNjSdyg98

Attached: EXPLODE AND DIE.jpg (1620x1080, 263K)

Explain all the japanese South Park fanart then

>HATES Lilo because she’s bratty.
PFFFT AHAHAHAHAHAAHA. Japan? The redneck retards between the maturity of 0-3 at worst and 8-17 at best? The retards who have a language and a bunch of voice actors so obnoxious it sounds like they're angry little brats all the time? their female voice actors either sound like fat landwhale, hookers or a toddler getting strangled. And their male voice actors sound like amateur 15-17 year olds trying to act.

I fucking hated the obnoxious kids in anime, dumbest little shit ever. And on the other end of the spectrum you have silent indifferent autists who barely speak and emote.
And don't get me started when those mentally retarded writers actually try to speak. God they cannot write a clever and intelligently cursive phrase to save their lives. Everything that comes out of those idiots sounds like an edgy 12 year old who heard a bunch of adults talking and thinks he understood what they said.

Attached: 97726423f94237fb8509473a8ead600a15dacd94.jpg (400x500, 75K)

>Huntress wizard manga
Where can I obtain this power?

What’s are you, gay?

Looney Tunes was popular since the 1940s
PPG and Dexter's Lab were a phase that didn't last more than a decade and even then they sucked ass at garnering a serious gathering. The Simpsons and South Park ended up being more popular than them.

Definitely not Transformers, Megaman, Monopoly, Dungeons n Dragons, Pokemon, Digimon in notoriety and by the way they were treated and written it's no wonder they fell short.

What else was there aside from the mediocre cartoon show (which Chris Savino anally rapped in the latter seasons) and the crappy games on Cartoonnetwork and for the Playstation 1? Nothing
Merchandise does not boost popularity. At least not merchandise which is simply putting the face of your characters on an item and calling it "original". If they had actual interesting toys, comic books, things then yes they could have boosted their popularity through the merchandise. As it is no.

>Pokemon.
Pokemon Go will like to have a word with you as that got Pokemon to be the world's biggest IP because of it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

No, but it was a brilliant tax dodge.

>Was Powerpuff Girls really popular enough ?

Judging by the ton of merch products , I would say YES.

Attached: powerpuff-girls1.jpg (1000x1000, 612K)

Attached: 489826624.jpg (598x1129, 114K)

In the US they weren’t anymore.

This, Nips fuck up adaptations of American works as much, if not more than, the reverse.

Zootopia
South Park
Lilo & Stitch minus Lilo
Frozen
Avengers and Iron Man
Adventure Time
We Bare Bears
Gravity Falls

In short they're only good at outsourcing.

user, i like PC but other than that, not a single notable Mahou is a small genre because everyone moved to Kid Idols shows like Cocotama.
But i would kill for Mermaid Melody S3

Attached: 1547363271986.png (636x1041, 936K)

Cocotama is not a idol show like Aikatsu Friends or Love Live Sunshine, it's more like Hamtaro or Jewel Pet where the bases of the show is "look at the cute little critters".

Of course the original Love Live in this day of age is about FLEETSTONES?!? rather then idols as was the case before SiIvaGunner shown up.

Want to know the worst part? In PPGZ's early phase (where they had those white jackets) both Yoh Yoshinari and Hiroyuki Imaishi were hired as creative consultants. They left due to the producers trying to "sanitize" the product for toy sales

Based mermaidbro

Sure mate, just ignore the literal convention in Japland for western media only stuff

Attached: 1561273929756.png (959x1319, 2.38M)

I've been inside that Anons cunt. I like to visit at least monthly, because I find the best coupons.

>popular
>when its movie was the biggest flop of CN

>Worst ojama
And which Ojamajo is best Ojamajo, then?

Attached: 1556884787404.jpg (600x456, 59K)

At least they don't put their politics in someone else's work, usually.

Is that a Princess Marco douijin?

things don't have to be even remotely popular to justify the japanese making it their own, they very literally don't care about other people or their opinions if they aren't japanese.

What did the Nips mean by this?

Attached: 1444315879312.png (415x367, 142K)

>What's toonmix?

Attached: IMG_4741.jpg (481x680, 97K)

Copyright laws are really a wonder in Japan huh?