Tony:

Tony:
>We need to be held accountable for our actions
>An Avenger or superpowered individual shouldn't be above the law

Also Tony:
>Creates big-brother surveillance AI that: >controls massive drone army which can be deployed with a single word command and sent to kill anyone/lay waste to entire cities.
>can scan and control people's IT devices and social media accounts.
>Gives this AI to a 16 year old.

What the fuck was he thinking here?

Attached: 960x0.jpg (960x712, 63K)

>his push for the accords due to his guilt leads to a huge shitshow where his best friend gets crippled and his other friend vanishes for years
It's almost like he realized his actions in civil war weren't right either and changed

God I am tormented by the knowledge that I share this planet with you mongoloids

So you think a killer drone army in the hands of a 16 year old, with no fail-safe in case it lands in the hands of a villain, not even anything to stop it from targeting kids and Peter himself was "right" decision?

>What the fuck was he thinking here?
>it's been 5 years and the universe still hasn't recovered from the snap better make stuff to keep my family safe

half the universe disappeared because he wasn't good enough
tony's usual response to failure is lots and lots of weapons
he just wanted to get pictures of the wizards, fucking wizards

It kills me inside that I have to explain the basic concept of a character flaw to an invalid on the internet

Is Tony's character flaw to have sparks of massive retardation on top of an obsession with building things that can kill on a massive scale?

Kind of, but is more like "don't upset the baby"

Civil War wasn't canon

Tony's crazy and hypocritical, he's a shitty hero desu
fun character though

The government scans everyone's phones anyway so the accords allowed for this

Anything goes as long as Tony is in control of it or has the perception of being in charge,
When Tony has a traumatic emotional experience, he builds shit to defend himself - namely weapons of mass destructions.

This as well.

>Tony Stark is a massive asshole and hypocrite.
Who would have fucking thought?

What is most fucked is that Tony did not make sure the AI would inform Peter of the fact that labelling someone as a 'target' means deploying a drone to execute them.

Seriously. Peter probably assumed the glasses just hacked shit, because what kind of madman gives a teenager access to a satellite full of drones?

Should have come with a manual, or some tutorial. Or even just a more informative note.
>Ps. these are lethal and control a drone army in space. Don't target anyone you don't intend to kill ;)

The kind of madman who blackmails a 15 year old kid who idolizes him into fighting his war against superpowered war veterans, one of them known to be a murderous assassin. And then later installs a 'kill mode' in his suit unbeknownst to said 15 year old.

True, but the shitty thing is that most of the audience does think of him as a hero who can do no wrong and in-universe he's pretty much an untouchable martyr now.

Say what you want about Snyder's Batman, but that movie at least made sure that he was portrayed critically. The MCU constantly handwaved Tony's shit at the end of every movie even before FFH completely ignored interrogating him setting up a fucking Watch Dogs surveillance network hooked up to killer drones deployed from space.

Didn't the witch sic the hulk on a city

What is most off-putting to me is that it isn't necessarily presented as if Tony did a bad thing in the movie. Peter never has a moment where he goes "wait, a single person shouldn't have this kind of power. Tony was an absolute madman for creating this."

Wasnt both of those stories written by bendis?

Dude was traumatized by the Snap and probably wanted a defensive measure in case Thanos 2 ever came knocking. He probably would've rebuilt Ultron had he the means to do so.

Well, all of Spider-Man's villains so far, and I guess most of Tony's too, are the result of Tony's assholery. Even if they're villains, their criticism of him is valid.

And that's Tony in a nutshell.
>Builds killer AI robot which destroys entire country
>He was traumatized from the NY battle!
>Signs accords which incriminates Cap and puts the Avengers under the surveillance and control of government formerly run by HYDRA
>What happened with Ultron made him really depressed and his GF broke up with him!
>Creates big brother surveillance AI drone army
>He was traumatized by the snap!!

Yeah, but the solution is usually for Tony to Stark harder and beat them to absolve himself of his sins.

Stealing other people's inventions and credit for their work? Who cares, they turned into assholes, I'll prevent them from stroking their murderboners and then just keep doing the same shit anyway (Vanko -> Beck). Stomping over the small businesses and gobbling up government contracts? Yeah, but that guy started stealing my shit and selling it on black market, so no one is going to question me. Creating an insane AI that threatens to start a nuclear war? I'll just build another in hopes that it'll be good and stop the rogue one.

It's being an egomaniac control freak. Even in Civil War he makes it pretty clear that the accords are mostly lip service.

Thinking that people need to be held in check by a central power, then giving that power unchecked authority and surveillance, and little accountability to the guy in charge tend to go hand in hand.

He gave him a suit that had an instakill mode in the previous movie, only protected by something that could be hacked by a couple of 15 year olds.
Tony isn't exactly known as a reasonable man who understands restraint.

Peter skips tutorials anyway (see homecoming) because he's like the average gamer. At least he's not going to shitpost on Yea Forums about it.

>It's almost like he realized his actions in civil war weren't right
they were though

They have put Tony's ways in question multiple times, from all the way in IM1 to at least Civil War, most notably in fucking Ultron.

Nothing wrong with that. Reasons for your actions are necessary in a story, that doesn't make them excuses.

They were right, but done for the wrong reasons just to soothe his guilt trip. That's how fucked up Tony Stark is. The one thing he does right, he does so by accident.

Thank you Doctor Strange and your "one" future.

Doesn't change the fact that the conflict in AoU is literally solved by repeating the process that created it in the first place. What kind of messaging is this?

Throughout the series, Tony's major character flaw is that when he's feeling guilty, he makes rash decisions.
When he felt guilty about his weapons getting into the hands of terrorists, he gutted his company without asking anyone.
When he felt guilty about killing kids in Slovakia, he signed on to the accords.
And so when he felt guilty about getting Peter sent to a distant alien planet to be killed by a space warlord, he crafted EDITH.

That's debatable, neither he nor Cap really make cogent points about it. At best he's right to pay lipservice to the idea but it's unclear to what extent he plans to actually respect the accords after signing them (given the context, he shouldn't).

Avengers had to desperately work to hold the world together after Thanos and Tony also wanted to retire, so Drones.

But it isn't, really. The reason Vision exists/works isn't directly Stark, he barely has anything to do with it ultimately. Ultron thinks him up, Cho builds him, Jasper booted Ultron out of control and Thor magic lightninged him to life.

Also Tony:
>"In my defense...that WAS last week."

Tony's egocentric and has a lust for killing. That never really changed.

>is visibly accountable for his actions
>isn't above the law and wants to enforce it
I mean, it's consistent enough and makes sense. The SHIELD strike team/Avengers (as a militant government aligned US organisation) going into countries was going to cause meltdowns and wars, may as well try to curb that shit as much as possible. The Civil War conflict felt artificial as fuck because of this and only hinged on Tony and Steve fighting over Princess Bucky

The MCU does do this weird thing where the only actions that seem to have overarching consequences/meaning are Tony's. Did anything ever come from the infodump at the end of TWS where basically every SHIELD agent and piece of SHIELD intelligence was compromised aside from them just not showing up anymore? How about the death count/damage from Wanda setting the Hulk loose in Johannesburg? It's hard to believe no terrible consequences in the form of villains and destruction came out of those two off the top of my head instances.

Attached: nanomachines, cap.png (477x408, 158K)

Stark didn't program Ultron to be a killer. Thor says as much that it was mind stone meddling that caused Ultron to turn rogue. While it's understandable why he reacted the way he did (Wanda showing his worst fear and triggering his PTSD) he should've made everyone aware of what he doing and the vision he saw. But of course if he did that there'd be no story to tell.

>it was mind stone meddling that caused Ultron to turn rogue.
It is however also highly implied that Ultron's warped sense of "protecting" earth is something he inherited from Tony, as he did with his speech manner and overall personality.

Which makes little sense in the actual movie, because the scene showing Tony basing Ultron's artificial brain on his own was cut from the script.

Man Ultron had the potential to be a great villain but they went nowhere with him in his own movie.

Seemed like they’d barely even started hashing out what kind of AI they could make from the scans of the stone when Ultron manifested, like they were so casual about it they left some tests running and went to chill out and drink. Didn’t even seem like they were actively hiding it, just sort of brainstorming before they presented it to the gang.

Did you guys miss the part in Endgame where Earth is now fair-game for galactic warfare?

>Avengers 1
>Earth is being considered as ready for a higher form of war
>Tony is the only character who becomes a doomsday prepper through the whole series and every questionable choice he has made has ultimately been in pursuit of that goal, Sokovia Accords and getting Spider-Man fighting fit included
>nobody understood or wanted to understand what he was up to
>mirrored Thanos
>Cassandric prophecy
I thought this throughline to him was neat.