Why didn’t Thanos just wish for infinite resources?

Why didn’t Thanos just wish for infinite resources?

Attached: 59E61F4A-DCB1-422C-ABE8-C6A7EC0EC62F.png (952x1036, 1M)

Why didn’t he wish for infinite wishes?

Why didn't he save his dad?

Attached: why.png (2063x856, 1.17M)

This.
Everyone made a big deal about how with all the stones, he can do literally anything.
Then the gauntlet has great limitations that cannot be undone with the power of the gauntlet.

It wasn't about saving the universe, it was about proving he was right. It's like when you're losing an argument so you pull up your phone to show someone a real life example (only on a much grander scale)

Why didn’t Thanos just wish he was right?

Because he was

Why didn’t Thanos just wish that everyone knew he was right, then?

>kills half the universe
>can't do it again when the population would naturally recover
Real smart.

Attached: 1433955110630.jpg (409x419, 43K)

How does Thanos shave that chin?

Just because you have infinite resources, doesn't mean that there isn't gonna be some morons that will want it all to themselves.

The reason why is that Disney needed more money

He can’t.
Affecting just half the population hurt him physically and even fucked up the gauntlet
Why the fuck is everyone such a brainlet about this

Attached: E773AAC6-763D-4151-AF41-0741BC807D0F.jpg (791x960, 56K)

Why didn’t he just wish for infinite infinity gauntlets, then?

well, I think the reason was because he was in the mindset of beingva warlord who already started culling the universes population with out them.
Remember all the sacrifices he said he made. Well if he did do any of what you question him to do all those planets that he murdered was for nothing. So be the mad titan and dust half of the universe

Why is the infinity gauntlet not more powerful than the stones that made it?
Why can't it bring back Black Widow?
Why can't it undo the damage done to using the gauntlet?
Why can't it turn he use into a being that can use the gauntlet infinitely?

>technically it is.
>soul stone sacrifices are permanent.
>that act would presumably only cause more strain
>he can’t.

Attached: BE31A3F2-D0CA-4F73-B2A1-A84555DDBD1C.jpg (564x862, 63K)

If it can't overturn soul stone's rules, it's not stronger than the soul stone.
Limitless power being so limited with illogical scale of physical strain.

>Why is the infinity gauntlet not more powerful than the stones that made it?
you dont make an oven mitt that can be more powerful than the oven, its there to protect you from the heat.

>Why can't it bring back Black Widow?
sacrifice for the stone is set, you cant do anything else
>Why can't it undo the damage done to using the gauntlet?
poor writing, also didnt red skull say the stones are alive in a way? That means they wouldnt allow it or someother bullshit.
>Why can't it turn he use into a being that can use the gauntlet infinitely?
what? because it would kill him, MCU stones kill the user if you ask for so much.

I think the soul stone requires the sacrifice's soul to power the soul stone. if you undo the sacrifice then you undo the stones physical form. Other than the stones being alive and saying no makes no sense since thanos destroys them.

But he did. They just didn't like that he was right so they used time travel to prove him wrong.

Why is healing a physical damage done by the stones more straining than killing half the universe?

because the stones are more limited in the mcu. the comics they did all the shit you are asking for.

Because he was from a mentally inferior species.

The avengers were sore losers, in order to undo their failure they resorted to fucking with timelines disregarding what they do might cause even larger scale harm because they are convinced what they are doing is right.
Why are they so sure it's okay to go back in time? Because Bruce says so.
Why do they put back the stones after using it? Because a bald dead lady says so.
Avengers uses the same methods as Thanos, even if their purpose is more noble.

I think he kept the scars because it was to serve as a reminder of what he did? But in this case, the stones arent genies, they are cosmic rocks that weren't supposed to combine. Having all the knowledge of a god cramed into your head, just focusing on one command would have been nearly impossible for normal people.

well they already fucked one timeline where the hulk promised to put a stone back where it belongs, Loki had ran off with the tesseract

And gave Tony a heart attack.

yeah, there is now a timeline where Tony is alive the time stone is missing and Loki is alive with the tesseract.

Why didn't he just snap away half of hunger?

Attached: real human bean.png (600x600, 325K)

my biggest gripe with the MCU, they turned the infinity gauntlet into a genie-lamp monkeys-paw type thing

well mephisto why dont you ask him that?! he is your boss!

But that won't matter, since there is an infinite amount of resources. They can have as much as they want and everyone else can have as much as they have and more.

Just rewind time and grab the sacrificed person like he did with the broken mind stone.

Infinite resources would require infinite space to hold said resources.

the word resources is vague, right? it's a catch-all, but I imagine thanos realized that he A: Can't know which resources being absent or corrupted/overmined etc. on EVERY PLANET count as a "resource" within the confides of each planet. what if he doubling energy or power in an area previously without it? what if it's lethal? what if the resource is land? is he doubling the amount of continent-to-water ratio on each planet? what if the resource is precious minerals. are we doubling what was mined or doubling ALL of the mineral content of a planet from within? their isn't enough space to hold everything.

if you DO provide enough space for double the resources to work and then STILL reshape the universe to make that make sense, then you're right back where you started; billions upon billions of hungry, greedy, covet-skilled creatures which will rush to every unfound corner of your new, resource heavy universe, and essentially damage the whole system again.

It was never just about people having enough to survive, thanos wanted the shock and awe of loss to be the wake up call he felt people needed. maybe the universe wouldn't be so obsessed with taking more than it needs if it collectively learns how precious life is etc.

But I thought the universe is infinitely expanding? Ignoring that why doesn’t he just wish for more space

Why doesn’t he just make himself immortal then

But he can't do literally anything. If you'd actually watched the movie instead of just shitposting you'd see that one use of the gems badly damaged the gauntlet. And that guantlet was designed to let them be used. One use of the stones dripped the Hulk and killed Stark. Doing universe level stuff with the gems isn't easy and doing it repeatedly is all but impossible.

Why didn’t he just wish for an unbreakable gauntlet

An infinite amount of resources would collapse the universe into an infinite number of black holes. Infinite resources = infinite mass.

They shouldn't try to make it kind of "reasonable but morally wrong" all his plan and motives are stupid bullshit, just make him insane. People really think he's this generation Darth Vader?

the universe infinitely expanding, no matter the rate, if met with INSTANTLY double the mass would be at capacity as it was ALREADY at capacity despite it's expansion (according to thanos' doctrine)

Also I just realized how funny it would be if resources applied to EVERY job? sex workers, the military, politicians, fuckin...dung farmers.

oh god arms dealers?

Because that would flood the universe with infinite mass and crush everything inside of it.

Why didn't he just use the Dragonballs to wish for immortality first

He did in the comic i think and adam took the glove off thanos and reversed his damage.

The struggle for survival is the basis for all innovation in the universe. Wishing for infinite resources would stagnate all the civilizations and be more detrimental in the long run.

this makes more sense tome

>We will never see Adam Warlock playing galaxy brain chess with Thanos on the big screen

If I had a genie I'd wish for a wish-granting machine.

Then why didn't Thanos just use the infinity gauntlet to wish for infinite resources but also for innovation to conitnue as normal?

If I was a genie I'd wish for a slave who is only able to say the words "I wish you free" and has an obsessive compulsion to rub lamps. Then I'd wish to be a genie.

all I can think of is that the gauntlet would nt tell thanos that unless he asked for it. And thanos sad poof bye bye. Its like a monkey paw issue where you dont know the reprocutions because its a mortal holding the power of god not embodying it.

You don't understand user. The mind stone grants omniscience. In the comics there is a part where he turns off his omniscience for fun to fight the Avengers. He knew everything except for what Adam Warlock was scheming due to him being the soul stone.

Why does Thanos need all six stones? Shouldn't he just need the Reality stone to change everything since it controls, you know, reality?

that's a dumbass question, and goes against movie thanos' belief.

by this I mean, imagine you have a scepter that has the power of god and you just wield it. Your mortal mind cant comprehend how such a wish would work let alone controling how its done, he just makes the choice and glove chooses how its done.

it grants it when he uses it. also he just got the mind stone. I am just saying his body wasnt immortal unless he actively wills to happen. I mean thors stormbreaker was cutting through thanos beam before he bleeds. Seems like he doesnt know how to wield it until after the snap

so like he makes the command and then it happens while it is happening solutions in his brain flow through him and he finds out its too late and the little gamora is like "was it worth it"

Attached: 1562856764145.jpg (2506x1060, 129K)

I'm just annoyed he did it randomly.

I know its not 'pc' to say this, but wouldn't it be better to say...systematically take out all the people who can't contribute to society?

Why take out healthy, smart people when we have people with physical issues, mental issues or even both.

This is coming from someone who has many disable people among their family.

Most likely Disney wouldn't want to spread that message of course but still. For someone like Thanos, it'd make sense for him to get rid of any 'invalids' rather then people who are able to actually contribute.

nah just kill you with the hobo

>he thinks resources could be infinite

Attached: 2SLG8Sw.jpg (612x612, 41K)

The stones only work within the plausible confines of said Universe, you can't do things with them that exceed what the Universe already is, ergo why they don't work in alternate realities.

Each universe within the omniverse if finite. Trying to make one infinite gets you Tribunal'd.

Attached: 1561211865958.jpg (500x740, 168K)

Was Thanos Retarded? Even if you halved the Earth's population, it'd still be back to where it was again in like a decade due to modern medicine and the abundance of food

The idea was that the harrowing experience of losing half of everything would inspire sentient lifeforms to be more discerning about renewability.

Why didn't Thanos just rape everyone?

Attached: 1560730654509.jpg (640x480, 45K)