Is the consensus on Beast Machines still "One of the worst Transformers series ever"?

Is the consensus on Beast Machines still "One of the worst Transformers series ever"?

Attached: beast-machine-ready.jpg (600x400, 33K)

>Anime Transformers
>Michael Bay Transformers
Nah.

Which was uglier, Beast Machines or Bayformers?

Anyone who answers other than beast machines is completely blinded by nostalgia

Recently rewatched this and holy fuck was it worse than I remembered. It could have been slimmed down to a movie instead of making a full series where every episode is the same old maximals run away in empty streets shit.

How do you feel about the idea of Generation 1 ending with Cybertron and the Transformers becoming technorganic?

I like to pretend it never happened

Too bad, it did.

oh fuck
j-japanese canon is t-the TRUE canon

That's the Japanese canon as well.

but Cybertron was back to mechanical in Beastwars Neo

I never went back to watch these after all these years. I'm assuming the CGI must be terrible and make it unwatchable.

I swear every time they go back to Cybertron it sucks.

CGI is least of the shows problems but yeah it has not aged well at all

Because Transformers is always best when it's set on Earth and only goes to Cybertron for an episode or so every now and then.

If Megatron could just magic up some plague that kills everyone why didn't he just do that in the first place instead of the risky going back in time gamble?

Because he didn't think about that until after the Beast Wars.

almost as if the show should have had a different starting villain and Megatron should have started as the prisoners of Maximals and escape later and
ah what ever it's too late for what ifs

Well, the director told the writers to almost completely ignore what happened in Beast Wars for some reason.

Beast Machines was one of the best ones. Energon and those other cgi's were the worst ones.
They've gotten better since. Even that Rescue Hero style Autobots one.

It will never be THE worst while Energon exists

On some areas Energon is much much worse like dubbing and animation but Beast Machines for me will always be worse because it's so fucking boring.

It can't be as bad and ugly as I remember.
>watch a couple scenes of silverbolt transform into hanzo with some weird rave music from the blade movie
The writing is still mostly there but everything that relies on aesthetics is just down the tube.

The show would be considered 'adequate' at best if not for being a sequel to a better show.

Is the new show still going/good?

Yes, even if I thought the final fight between Megatron and Primal was some of the best Transformers ever.

Okay so I only had one channel on my tv as a kid for a while but i could at least watch Beast Wars which was hype as fuck for my little dumbass, the series ended and i felt great for getting to see it all. I felt like i completed something great that i also enjoyed but then this motherfucker came on not soon after to bend over and rape my remaining memories of joy and happiness.

They treated it lightly like a continuation with the obvious same animal appearances but there was almost nothing connecting it all together to Beast Wars so they even went as far as to wipe their memories if i recall.

To keep it simple, this shit was boring, ugly as fuck and most of the time nothing was even fucking happening in an empty fucking city where even shitty ghost on a stick megatron was just stuck in one building as far as i could tell. Overall it just seemed like a big fuck you to Beast Wars.

Attached: 639.gif (500x374, 2.03M)

Doubt it, even ignoring Beast Wars the show is just too damn boring filled with mostly unlikeable characters.

Beast Machines is way too smart for the brain of the transformers fan,as a non TF fan I can say it's the best TF media ever.

Because Beast Wars was garbage?

What was so smart about it?

no

Energon and Prime Wars Trilogy exist.

so no.

Beast Machines is at least ambitious and has best boi Jetstorm.

RID2015 is worse

Was explained away as him having to use resources on Cyberyton that he lacked back in BW.

Really the only positives I seem to remember with the show is
>Megatron realizing he's fucking insane
>Cheetor stepping up to become a leader
>Rhinox again being shown as a very competent villain when his personality/spark is fucked with

It is? I fucking loved this show, Optimal and Megatron both going batshit insane and making their own nukes was great

Edit the show so Waspinator and the bad jokes are gone and it might be tolerable.

Oh, you're one of those.

Why does user hate Waspinator?

I've never seen BM, and even I think that shit looks fugly.

/thread

haven't revisited beast wars or beast machines since i was a kid but i remember finding machines tedious and kinda depressing.

Only worst looking.

A lot of people like what it added to setting lore, like expanding Rodimus’s trippy spirit quest in the original cartoon into a full-fledged afterlife.

Unironically Bay.

Vehicons looked good. Every Bay bot is shit. Including Ballgag Bumblebee.

I remember this being stupidly 90s. Techno theme and having incredibly dark lighting.

BLAME DAN FUCKING DIDIO for ruining western transformers cartoons for an entire decade

fucking DiDio

What hurts it the most is that it's meant to be a direct continuation from Beast Wars but feels like a giant middle finger to anyone who watched it
>megatron suddenly hates organics
>optimus becomes a zealous hippy
>silverbolt turns into a self-loathing buzzard
>rattrap becomes the team chewtoy
>nightscream is a moaning ball of angst
>RHINOX IS EVIL
The only character who feels well-developed is cheetor, who had already grown throughout Beast Wars and he ends up basically leading the maximals
That's just talking about the writing of the characters, never mind how dark blue and black everything is, the same repetitive techno song for every action scene (duh-deh-duh DEH) or the designs of the characters themselves, which range from meh to holy fuck I need bleach

Attached: charlie day.jpg (480x640, 27K)

How?

ignore him

see

transtech would have been peak transformers, at least in terms of toys

>Vehicons
My Nigga. Their aesthetics were the perfect antithesis for the maximals, and by that I mean they didnt look like utter shit

As someone who thinks Transformers overall sucks and is kinda boring, I at least thought Beat Machines actually had some interesting concepts for a saturday morning cartoon.
But again, this from someone who thinks CW is one of the most overrated childrens cartoons of all time.