Who should continue Batman?

After King's run ends i think a good successor would be Sean Murphy

Attached: bats.jpg (341x419, 33K)

Unironically Bendis

Unironically? Bendis?

Unironically this
He can juggle the extended bat family and nail street level action and intrigue

No, I saw what he did with Daredevil in the Ultimate universe. So he would make Batman the daredevil of the dc

Priest is the best choice by far. Then there's Ellis, but I doubt he'd do a monthly series at this point. Maybe they could get Gerard Way, Dan Watters or Spurrier on board.
This would a better gamble than most of the writers DC have. Bendis Tec 1K story was great. If there's a chance he could deliver something like that. With the other writers DC has, there's no chance it will be decent.

>Bendis
>handling more characters

lol

I wish they would keep Batfamily out of it. Why does everyone want a thousand other vigilantes with no character crammed into one book? Just fuck off with this tumblr shit.

This. Priest would by far be the best on Batman.

Priest would be too divisive on the flagship title of DC. They should give him Tec.

No idea. For me the Batfamily is Alfred and sometimes Robin.

Batgirl, Batwoman, Huntress, Spoiler, etc can go hang out in their own books no one cares about. If you want more Batman supporting characters have civilians either dealing with Bruce (like Lucius Fox), or dealing with Batman (Gordan). I personally don't need more than Alfred and Robin dealing with both.

Then give Tomasi Batman and Priest Detective.

However, their going to give it to whoever Snyder approves of, which could be either good or bad.

*they're

That's a good idea desu

Someone who wrote for Detective Comics #1000 but my choice goes to Priest.

Tomasi is a hack and unworthy of the most prestigious job in comics

Me.

Bendis? The writer?

Bendis writes? Writes what?

I don’t know about “should” but here’s what I think will happen.
>Tom Taylor writes 86-100
>Bendis takes over with 101 (possibly renumbered to just #1)

Tom Taylor

Priests story in 1000 was possibly the worst of the whole thing, and Deathstroke hasn’t been good in years. Such an overrated fucking writer

Has he ever written anything good in his life?

Batman Annual 3

Alan Moore

That’s subjective. But it’s clear that DC is grooming him to take over, between Batman Annual and DCeased.

Good? No
Entertaining? Yes

Taylor

This is probably what is going to happen. Even if it isn’t Taylor, #85-100 will be filler. And then the book will be renumbered with a new writer aka Bendis.

You want the most aggressively ok Batfags writer to take over. I’d be interested in seeing someone isn’t gyrating on Batman’s dick to take a crack at him. The last decade only fanboys have been writing him and that’s why nothing of remote interest happens in Batman anymore. It’s just writers jerking the character

Don't Batfags hate the last two writers?

Bendis would kill off half the Batfamily, including people like Duke Thomas and Luke Fox, so he could make up his own OCs as the new Signal and Batwing.

>The last decade only fanboys have been writing him and that’s why nothing of remote interest happens in Batman anymore
Tom King is obviously a fanboy

If King didn't have a stranglehold on the title at the time I'm sure Bendis would've gotten offered and would've loved to take it. Event Leviathan basically got Batjacked from Superman.

i unironically think Bendis would do a decent job

They hate every writer because they feel they don’t worship him enough, even though the reality is the opposite

It's still unclear to me (and I think it will continue to be so until the book comes out) if Batman and Catwoman is King's Batman and Robin (replacing Batman as headliner) or All-Star Batman (side Batman book). Either seems possible.

Priest if they're replacing King, Taylor if "Batman" is no longer the headliner book.

Get ready for Batman's newest black teenage girl sidekick.

It'll never happen, but I want Remender.

he agreed, he gets it. i don't think he'll do it though. he seems to like the freedom he has now doing DC Black and indie stuff.

he made a blow off video game adaptation in Injustice and made it into one of the best DC books coming out at the time.

i'd like to them see them go back to the legacy numbering like they did with Detective and Action.

adding to this, they ended Batman vol. 1 at 715 before New52. they should be coming up on 1000 in another couple years.

Christopher Priest, not only is he a great writer but he's amazing at managing large casts of characters and growing plot lines which can lead to top tier arcs because unlike King at least Priest has a clear idea of where he wants the story to go.