We'll never get a proper Ditko into Romita Spider-Man movie

>We'll never get a proper Ditko into Romita Spider-Man movie
Why is life so unfair anons?

Attached: Dr0vvfjUwAA_-uD.jpg (1125x1062, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CzjsEsdmYNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Comics
>Spider-Man lifts to save Aunt May, and hurts his leg
Spectacular Spider-Man Cartoon
>Spider-Man lifts to save Gwen Stacy and Electro, passes out during the escape
Spider-Man Homecoming
>Spider-Man lifts to save Tony's shit

Attached: spider feels.jpg (500x500, 69K)

Comics
>Peter wants to stop being Spider-Man because everyone treats him like shit and it ruined his life
Homecoming
>LOL, I want to go on my school field trip

>A 60's set animated movie in the Spider-Verse style adapting Ditko's Goblins & Gangsters material

Maybe if I was a better person I would deserve it...

Attached: amazing spider-man 023.jpg (1920x2952, 1.27M)

we just did.

Apply yourself

Attached: bait.png (1781x911, 955K)

I'd prefer a show over a movie, desu. You'd get way more villains that way and more character development.

What the fuck are you talking about? He lifted that because he knew he needed to be the hero to stop Vulture from getting all those weapons and circulating it into the criminal underground.

I mean the point of that scene is that Spider-Man is saving someone who is helpless. Not for him to think back to Tony's inspirational words of: "If you think you need the suit, you're grounded for a week". Then he goes off to stop a burglary. It's a lot more heroic to save someone who's about to die than saving a billionaire's shit from the Black Market.

This.
Spider-man has always played into it's serialisation and is soap opera in nature.
I'm not sure if there CAN be a good Spider-man movie

There never will be. It's impossible to please all Spidey fans. They're more picky than Batfags, Superfags and X-Fags combined it seems.
Its weird because Batman fans are totally okay with skipping the origin story and jumping right into the crime fighting, but for whatever reason Spidey fags are INSISTENT on always showing his origin like it's biblical level shit that needs to be explained 500 times even though everyone and their dog knows the story already.

One of the most powerful moments in comics wasted on film for piss poor motivations. They had one fucking job.

>The negativity in this thread
Jesus fuck what is wrong with some of you nerds.

Were you expected radiating amounts of positivity coming here? Truly? Sweet summer child.

Can someone reccomend different spider-man runs ? I've been trying to read more runs and I'm at Chip Zdarsky' s first spectacular Spider-man TBP, a few issues of Ditko/Lee run and all of Nick Spencer's run so far, but Im curious if there is a good run that doesn't have long texts of writing over pages or 60's chessy dialogue .

Give some of these a look

Attached: co spider man.jpg (500x749, 102K)

Spider-man reign on Yea Forums reccomended is sort of weird,but anyway, thank you for giving me this list.

It's kind of dumb to isolate so many arcs as if they aren't taking place in a larger run. These on the whole aren't graphic novels, they are meant to be read as serialized stories. This is essential Spidey to start:

>Ditko's run
>Romita's run
>Conway's run
>Stern's run

>up to OMD
bro, you should cut off JMS' run way before OMD. Sin's Past should never have seen print.

Are you dumb? Are you telling me nobody is going to die if criminals get weapons?

Somebody should just do a straight 1:1 adaptation of the comic into an animated series up through Maximum Carnage

I just saw that Yea Forums spider-man image and thought I'd just give it to that user. Besides, the only runs I've read are USM and SM 2099, which are on there. Thanks for the run recommendations and JMS warning, though.

I'm interested in reading these, but I'm not sure I could read that much since I take a lot in reading a issue and the dialogue in old comics is a bit hard to go through .

This
Spider-Man isn't like Batman where his main series is dispensable and the only things worth reading are OGNs and minis, the main series actually is the comic.

I've also heard that Jenkins is a good writer, his spectacular run has 2000's Ramos as artist, so if anyone read it can you tell me if it's worth going thru ?

Jenkins is uneven as hell. When he's good he's gold. When he's bad, he's terrible. I've never seen middle ground with him.
His Chameleon story in Webspinners is one of my favourite Spider-Man comics of all time though.

So he is very hit or miss. Is his spectacular run one of the times he writes good ?

I would've agreed if we didn't have Spectacular Spider-man. People were mostly turned off by simple character designs, but over the years it clearly has garnered cult following.

And lo and behold, it doesn't re-create Uncle Ben's death, it's beloved, it's still remembered by pretty much anyone who cares beyond surface level "what's this popular thing this month".

With movies it's a bit trickier because I was shocked to find out there are people who like Amazing Spider-man movies, there are even people who like X-men Apocalypse, unironically. So, when it comes to movies, it's better to filter out literally everyone who don't at least have a favorite run on Spider-man they've actually finished, there will be literally millions of opinions and 90% of them don't really know what they are talking about.

And hey, the same can be said about a lot of adapted into movies characters, for example, I have couple of friends who can't stand Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes, while I am ok with them as fun dumb summer blockbusters. One of them thinks Sherlock Holmes can't be translated into movies at all and should only be adapted the same way Soviets did it for TV.

Shit, I managed to convince people giving a much-maligned 2003 CGI cartoon a chance and they liked it.
Spiderfags are easier to please than you think,

I liked it too. Very dated CG, very dated clothes, very dated dialogue, very dated attempts at being adult and very poor attempts at tying in with the movies always just time machine me back to 2000's when there was a reason to turn on MTV. Though, over the years I can't help but look at it as a missed opportunity, because before it became a movie tie-in it was actually meant to be adaptation of Ultimate Spider-man (that's why Bendis's name was tied to it and that's why NPH has purple pants)

That would require being a dickcheese and close to being a school shooter. Aint happening.

Classic Peter is too much of a cold blooded chad for normies to handle.

Agreed. Ditko was borderline incel. Wasn't until he left and Stan actually starting writing that he became the fun loving party animal.

Attached: ditko spider-man.jpg (500x509, 60K)

But that's the great thing about the early Spider-Man books. It unintentionally told an amazing story about someone growing up and letting go of the hatred that comes with grief. Shit's powerful.

The comedy of Lee/Ditko's run is underated

Attached: RCO017_1469440946.jpg (1041x1600, 679K)

>That scene where Peter tries to cash in a check as Spider-Man.

The point of If This Be My Destiny isn't about him stopping a bad guy. Hell, if anything that's the opposite of what you should be taking away. The point of If This Be My Destiny is that Peter HAD to let go of Spider-Man in order to lift it. Before he's bitching and moaning about HAVING to fight crime. He saw it as a chore that Uncle Ben dumped on him with his last words because he couldn't wrap his mind around what responsibility is. Then he thought about the people he cared about and realized he shouldn't fight to preserve a legacy, instead great responsibility is to fight because he has people alive he still cares about. He stopped by Spider-Boy and became Spider-Man.

Lee is pretty funny and good at writing banter, characters like Peter and Thing are where you hit peak Lee. JJJ is also hilarious when Lee writes him, something subsequent writers have kind of lost.

Ditkos art was shit 90% of the time . Romita eats him for breakfast

I don't know why Marvel hasn't done it yet.

His art doesn't really shine in Spider-Man.

Attached: 1534950298491.jpg (1366x1078, 351K)

Really you can’t think of a single reason why marvel wouldn’t do a panel for panel adaptation of the comic books ? Let me give you a hint why this is a stupid idea and why everyone who complains about movies or cartoons not being panel for panel adaptations are stupid: that’s what the comics are! Do you want a panel for a panel of the comics? read the comics ! all the panels are still there!

And? Animes have more faithful adaptations than the west. Why do we have to keep trying to reinvent the wheel? Shit's fucking's old, it could use a remastering.

Cope.

Attached: 1550684315543.jpg (780x439, 91K)

I'm really fucking tired of movies, spectacular spidey is still the best adaptation of the ditko-lee era or just spidey in general but those motherfuckers at disney canned it, I'm still mad
what about macfarlane?

It wasn't pretty but it was expressive, great not just for dramatic moments but also for comedy.
right about Lee's writing but I also think it was supported by Ditko's drawings and lost a bit when Romita's more grounded realism came in, though I do prefer him overall.

Attached: RCO011_1469441168.jpg (1054x1600, 640K)

Spider-adaptation tier list:
Spectacular > TAS > PS1 > PS4 > MTV > Japanese > Raimi > Webb > Ultimate > MCU > Marvel's Spider-Man

feels bad man.

>Ultimate Spider-Shit
>No Spider-Man Blue

Kill me now

This. My go to book for getting people into Spidey.

Attached: 1558570270245.png (1024x411, 449K)

>not Netflix series series on the 1960s specifically adapting that era of Spidey, including the aspects that people have forgotten about like Pete's anger and antisocial tendencies

Wrong, it was just different. Nobody in comics has ever drawn stress better on a human face. Keep in mind that Kirby couldn't draw Spidey for shit. Ditko is just a different flavor than you're used to

Looks like a monster lurking ditko

It's Stan moments before he found a new prey.

Unpopular opinion but I find Spider-man Blue to be over rated.
The art is beautiful but it pushes Peter into escapist territory and everyone feels like they hate each other.
I dunno, one of my favourite aspects of the Romita era is how likeable Peter's sidecast and their dynamics are. In Blue, it kind of felt like everyone just revolves around Peter.

I feel like the point was to show how they all effected Peter. You know, considering it's all a flashback and all.

The origin is more important to Spider-Man than it is to any other Marvel character, maybe any other comic character. You need to show the origin because this new movie series or this new TV series or whatever is somebody's introduction to Spider-Man and they need to understand the character, you need the origin to understand why he does what he does and why being Spider-Man is so important to him.

Enough of reboots

You don't need the origin, you just need to fucking acknowledge it happened. We're talking about his motivation here.
I'd rather reboot than keep the shit we have now.

Sins past can just be skipped and ignored. The stuff after is fair enough up until OMD which should never be read. Unfortunately it dictates everything after it and cannot be ignored.

At least the OMD lead up gave us Back in Black.

True, and they did have to compress a lot for a mini-series.

But compare this scene...

Attached: RCO010_1469440490.jpg (994x1600, 554K)

Attached: RCO011_1469440490.jpg (994x1600, 546K)

...To it's Spider-man Blue equivalent.

Attached: RCO007.jpg (1042x1600, 327K)

Attached: RCO008.jpg (1042x1600, 394K)

Attached: RCO009.jpg (1042x1600, 410K)

Attached: RCO010.jpg (1042x1600, 362K)

I'd just rather hang out with the cast of Romita & Lee.

Blue is a great introduction but I always hope readers who want to get into Spider-man and read the classics.

Attached: RCO011.jpg (1042x1600, 398K)

>has been on alien planets
>literally fought thanos
>been in a fucking war
>literally disintegrated and came back in 5 years even though to him it’s been like 5 minutes
Yeah
Also, it was far from home, not homecoming,

For sure, but I dunno, I still really like the way Blue handled things. I usually tell my friends that if they like Blue then they'll like the general feel of Spider-Man and should start from the beginning.

>Spider-Man a world ending threat is about to kill us all
>Naw, I'm tired.
Fuck off. Spider-Man No More is a down to Earth story about Peter constantly being shit on, which happens a ton to him. He's fed up and realizes there's no point in helping people who don't want to be helped especially at the expense of his own personal life. MCU Parker never has this self actualization so him not wanting to help is completely out of character.

whoa that all really sounds like Spider-Man, you know
Spider-Man, always fighting cosmic space wars. It's one of if not the first thing he did after his origin! classic Spidey...

I absolutely love blue, are the rest of the colored books worth it? A comic shop near me is selling the omnibus for 70 and I’m thinking of picking it up

Daredevil Yellow was good.

Unfair? Unfair is not having a movie where Peter is Spider Man for years already, married with MJ and no telling from the umpteenth time his origin story. Hell a Maximum Carnage adaption would be just perfect. Not having that is what is unfair.

Why not just start the reboot off when they're married?

I always thought the death of Gwen Stacy would’ve been a good starting point for a movie series, but it’d probably feel to much like a retread if the first spider-man movie

Literally just adapt Spider-Man: Blue
>Establishes all the past villains in the movies exists.
>Establishes Peter is happily married.
>Establishes that Gwen died.

Just read the whole PPSM and Spec, it's a light read, actually.

As I recall, the original plan for Spider-Man Unlimited was to be a panel-for-panel adaptation of the first 26 issues of Amazing Spider-Man. Then Batman Beyond happened and they fucked it up.

h? From what I've heard, it was supposed to be Miguel's show, but they pussied out.

It should sound like him given he's done all that in the comics.

It started as Ditko, became Miguel, then became furcon.

Attached: images (1).jpg (180x281, 5K)

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how you jump from the three to each other.

Ditko as a comic artist is very underrated. I can't imagine anyone in comics living or dead executing this as well.

Attached: jjj 002.png (1831x877, 2.26M)

These
McFarlane is a hack and way overrated in terms of his Spider-Man work. His taint ruined Spidey art for a long-ass time.

Spectacular Spiderman is still the greatest Marvel cartoon ever. I would say super hero cartoon ever but the DCAU is still number one
Spidey comes close though

I havent read mcfarlane's run in a while, can you explain further why he ruined spidey art?

This guy gets it

Why are modern writers afraid of making Peter a big dicked chad again?

I always thought the way his mask is, if hes in water wouldnt it be really hard to breathe? Like, that's basically how water boarding works.

>I'd rather reboot than keep the shit we have now.
Fuck reboots. We've had three. Another won't fix anything you're all clambering for.

He ended up being very popular and influential (which is why that I have more disdain for him than someone who is simply bad like Ramos) but in short, my problems with him involve
>Awful anatomy
>Bean-like, ugly faces. Some of the ugliest human faces in comic book art hands down
>moving towards more "alien"/monstrous art in general, which I don't feel fits the tone of a hero like Spider-Man at all other than maybe a symbiote arc or something maybe
>He pretty much started a trend where that Spider-Man's webs made zero sense. Take this well-known page for instance. He is supposed to be swinging through town but if he moves pretty much any direction from here, he would tie himself the fuck up. You'll find shots like this throughout any panel with webbing in a McFarlane issue. For similar retardation, see some of Quesada's art on Daredevil.

Attached: SpiderMan1_01.jpg (1130x1086, 173K)

I agree though mcfarlane's still good at drawing aliens and humanoids, and I think the webs in your pic and others drawn by him are for show/cool factor rather than making sense, still pretty retarded

Attached: 1541460132131.png (512x368, 276K)

One day when Loeb finally dies I'll make a perfect Spider-Man adaptation.
I can wait,I'm young.
You guys will be proud

>Ultimate Spiderman
>Good

Shit list

Jesus christ the thirst.

Literally anything would be better than Iron-Boy.

Bullshit. People were fine with the PS4 game and I'm sure the complainers you're referring to are complaining about Homecoming, which skip the origin in earnest, it practically just replaced it and showed an origin anyways.

>Bean-like, ugly faces. Some of the ugliest human faces in comic book art hands down
This is the big one for me. He simply sucks at drawing people who aren't wearing masks. All his comics look like two totally different people drew them, one person doing the superheroes and one person doing the humans. This goes for both Spider-Man and Spawn.

Honestly I think Blue went too far in making him a chad. Or rather they made him too succesfull at it.

The appeal of Peter post-bite is that he IS a Chad and could have a great life, but his responsibilities as Spider-man means he can never take advantage of it.

How dare you

Attached: hmlspst6qjo11.jpg (800x450, 54K)

>Aunt May always knew that Peter was Spiderman
What a dick.

pic unrelated?

I’ve got 8 Spider-Man omnis, I give no fucks about the origin. What now?

I read theses 38 issues and then immediately read them again.

The faces kill me, and his anemic inking.

I like Larsen’s take on the style far more. At the time, I felt the opposite which makes no sense to me now.

They're hos, user

Attached: spider thots.jpg (1979x1919, 1.21M)

what the fuck. Man, fuck the 70s. Made all white women into whores.

Gwen bit Flash’s tongue.

Fuck off. Everyone would be pissed if Batman didn’t bring up the night in Crime Alley a single time and was, like, Blur Beetle’s kid sidekick and utilizing all his tech

yes

Have sex

Attached: spider thots 002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.9M)

Holland Spidey is unironically and objectively the best and most consistent live-action Spider-Man we've ever gotten and people only disagree because DIDNEY MAN BAD

>they're whores because they won't sleep with me

Obviously he's the most consistent, everything in the MCU is consistent for what that's worth. He's far from the best. Young Spider-Man is not a pasty, twerpy beta.

I disagree because I hate Marvel's obsession with teenage spider-man and we're always going to be stuck with a Spider-man that looks/acts like that in the MCU because Tom Holland has a child's voice and build.

Disagree. Consistent, yes, but he’s a strong departure from many of the things that made Peter such an iconic character in the first place

what do you mean consistent?
consistently nothing like the core character?

>There was a gang of bank robbers, and then Spiderman appeared and single-handed he BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ
I get what it's trying to convey, but I can't help reading it as him just making buzzing noises into JJ's ear.

what is the opinion of spider-man marvel knights (2013) and spider-man fever? I haven't read any comics from marvel or dc and never grew up reading them. gonna give blue a try

That'd be in Earth 6153 where Peter was stung by a radioactive bee.

Looking forward to it user

Do you really want to sell your soul for 15 disneycents per post?

In case someone still hasn't seen it - daily reminder that Disney's Iron lad is defined by not being a real Spider-man.

youtube.com/watch?v=CzjsEsdmYNk

Thinking about it, Disney is probably afraid of Sony deal freezing good quality of writing on Spider-man which is why we get what we get ¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm surprised Wormly there wasn't brought back 30+ years later as a worm themed supervillian.

The writing is superficial and serves mostly to justify artists going crazy. You should check it out, it's not bad or anything, but showcase is what those comics are.

Ditko was the creative force who designed Spider-Man and Peter Parker, as well as many of the poses and villains and just about everything we take for granted about the character today. I love the awkward poses and how Peter isn't a full on hunk. Romita gave him too much of a handsome look and toothbrush smile.

DIDNEY MAN BAD

>I hate Marvel's obsession with teenage spider-man

they are going for the long haul. We will see Peter age.

Scene would be better and more iconic without the shit dialogue.

That's true of any Kirby or Ditko comic from that era. They were light years ahead. And never forget that Stan's ONLY contribution at this point was dialogue.

Attached: mysterio fight.jpg (648x966, 664K)

So, you admit you're a Disney man? Can I report your posts for advertisement, then?