What do we think about Nick Spencer's spiderman?

What do we think about Nick Spencer's spiderman?

Attached: ASM2018002_cov.jpg (1313x2000, 542K)

good, all he needs is to get rid of the spider totem garbage and excess spider people and we are good!

cuck

Good. Leagues better than Dan Slott.

It's... Not bad.
It reminds me of a slightly decompressed SM:TAS.
It's not as good as I wanted nor as good as I expected from Spencer, but after Slott beggars can't be choosers.

It’s good but he’s hindered by cleaning up canon thus it fucks with pacing. For example The Hunted, while a good thing for the long run, halted Kindred’s story.

Also I’m getting the vibe Spencer is setting up 616 MJ becoming Spinneret

Attached: BF2044DF-7875-4D93-A725-7A73E0925D89.png (1149x687, 303K)

It's alright
But Ottley's art makes up for the so so story

It's the best Spider-Man run we've had in 10 years with him fixing a ton of Slott's garbage.

It's a breath of fresh air.

Attached: free comic book day Spider-Man Ryan Ottley.jpg (1200x910, 339K)

It's not Slott, but it's not good either.

It's decent desu. The best Spider Man has been since the Clone Saga messed everything up. I like it more than JMS' run which was too inconsistent.
Trying to return to the status quo alone makes it more than adequate.

I love it. Feel like reading pre-OMD spider-stories again.

>all he needs is to get rid of the spider totem garbage
But I like it. And with the last Arc Spencer seems to like the theme of animal-based villains Vs Spider-Man too.

It's middling to decent. Some arcs I've enjoyed, most I've been bored with but not hated.

Spencer's run is like any number of really forgettable and disposable Spider-Man runs over the decades, but because he's coming directly after one of the most universally despised takes on the character, Slott's garbage, its being praised as a great return to form when really its just okay at best. Even in this thread the majority of praise for the run is centered on how its "better than Slott" or "fixing the canon" as if these things by themselves make for good storytelling.

Spencer is a breath of fresh air in the same way that a fart would seem like a breath of fresh air after inhaling nothing but poisonous pesticide for years.

Spencer is a difficult writer to appraise because he has such clearly defined strengths and weaknesses.
He's very good at writing villains, but not great with these big slow burn build ups - so the Kindred stuff is intriguing but feels too slowly paced. It's a shame because I think of his structuring was better he'd actually be a pretty fantastic writer.

>It’s good but he’s hindered by cleaning up canon thus it fucks with pacing.

Attached: 0.jpg (402x582, 83K)

>trying to force that uncharismatic retarded plot for the thousand time
In short, Spencer is an imbecile

It's worth reading just for Black Ant and Task-Master.

Attached: 0.jpg (985x947, 376K)

So, you haven't read his run, haven't you?

Top Kindred suspects
>A portion of Peter’s own soul
>616 Gwen Stacy
>The Burglar Who Shot Ben
>Carlie Cooper
>Uncle Skip

The soul of the girl Peter "aborted" when he sold his marriage to Mephisto.

>Needs more Tasky and Ant stuff, in fact, they need their own series
>It should really move on with that retarded villain made of nasty shit
Otherwise, Im pretty satisfied with this run so far.

He likes engaging villains, J.M. DeMatteis and MJ which is also what I like so I'm doimg well out of it.

It is pretty great. There are faggots complaining about shit getting "dragged out" but i dont get it. Dont you niggers like a nice detailed story, is your attention span that short?

The Kindred mystery isnt something that is meant to be revealed in a single "arc"

Would work better as a tv show. Too much explaining about what a character's gonna do next, rather than the character just doing it. It's still a good run for a 2010s spider-man

i dont, i liked it better when spidersense wasnt seeing the future with the web.

Devil trips confirm the truth. The run is okay at best you plebs are just starved for quality in an age where every comic pushed by the big two is shit.

I like the connection with Annansi.

Lizard dad is a gift and i'm glad that MJ is back

i like my connection with my dick in your buttox

Dr. Connor's wife is now a cutie half lizard and not enough of her is seen.

>Connors finally had enough of Peter getting late for his lessons.jpg

I want fan art goddammit.

I am not a fan of his writing and the amount of narration boxes is just a joke, most of his jokes don't land. the safari with kraven was good on paper a bunch of villains trapped in a cage being hunted by ironmen knock offs with peter sick and in the middle of it all while trying to save a kid but all the references to KLH took me out of it and overall just made me feel like it was just all a means to kill off kraven again I don't know I feel like Spencer has good ideas but he can't really follow through with them. but guess I'll know for sure when this whole matter with Kinder wraps up.

>Feel like reading pre-OMD spider-stories again.
^tish
he's doing great, sweetie.

Proofread for fuck sake, phoneposter

After last thread I'm voting for deceased Doc Ock with Pete's memory engrams pasted on top.

>but all the references to KLH took me out of it
The whole point of that story was to restore what KLH had done.

The centipedes do oddly remind you of his tentacles

I enjoyed Spencer's hunt arc but I do think the constant comparisons to a much better and more serious story bring it down. More writers should realize that frequently referencing great classic stories doesn't make your story better, it just reminds readers that better stories exist. The big homages to KLH just made me wish I was reading that instead.

>The big homages to KLH
But the thing is, it's not just an homage, it's a restoration.

The whole point was ensure later writers wouldn’t retcon Last Hunt, while also giving them a new Kraven to play with. Frankly this was a fine, and perhaps necessary, story that just happened at an odd time

Wish new Kraven would've kept his Debut Look instead of just taking up the old costume

Attached: Last_Son_of_Kraven_(Earth-616)_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_5_16_001.png (942x1046, 1.76M)

I just hope future writers acknowledge that he isn't Sergei when his other family members appear alongside him.

Honestly I think it’s incredibly dull and uninspired. Don’t like the artists either. I’m sitting out until the next writer.

Good, but I don't know how much of that is because it's coming off the back of Slott.

The state of this post . Have some fucking standards

looks like Invincible.

Pretty much this.
I like it when there's jokes.

Who's "we", sucka?

>Skip
Skip was an older neighbor boy, not an uncle.

It's half introducing new readers to older lore and half retconning other writers retcons.
Maybe in 20 more issues he'll have finished resetting Spider-Man and he can actually take it somewhere.

I liked it better before you were born, you tasteless cretin

>It reminds me of a slightly decompressed SM:TAS.
How so? TAS was by no means a sitcom at heart.

Jms's run has spider-totem, OMD and Sins Past in it.

Sure, the highs were high. But the lows were the lowest of the entire franchise.

>50+ posts and not a soul points out that it's Spider-Man with a hyphen
Just fuse the board with Yea Forums and call it a day, everything that made this place good is dead.

Attached: hyphen man.jpg (305x750, 92K)

1: reminds doesn't mean "is basically the same" and
2: he's been sick, trapped and fighting tacky nouveau riche robots for months trying to rescue a kidnapped child with the kid's father who literally ate him in his last name appearance. I'll give you that the early setup was very sitcommy, but it's not really playing out that way so far- although next month, we might be back on.

I assume this thread was meant to bitch and eventually devolve into the neverending bitch festival about OMD.
My expectations were always that no one knew what they were talking about.

Has none of the things that I actually want to see in a Spider-Man story plus a lot of sjw shit like the reason why villains are villains is because of their „toxic masculinity“
I wish somebody who isn’t a emasculated cuck who constantly makes peter cry like a bitch would write spidey

Why would mephisto get ownership of a soul never even conceived?
In addition to the dialogue explicitly excluding soul trades, and the girl clearly being Mephisto, it just makes no fucking sense.
Omd is shitty enough without dragging your idiotic fanfiction into it.

MJ and Felicia still get censored so it’s shit

Relax

You know the toxic masculinity thing was not only a joke, but to the extent that that concept has any merit, Kraven is a perfect example of it?
Or do you just see words and phrases you don't like and then fucking melt down without thinking?

>Jms's run has spider-totem,
Actually a good concept, later ruined by Slott
>OMD
Imposed by Quesada
> But the lows were the lowest of the entire franchise.
Slott had it lowest.

Same artist, Ottley.

Slott never had Doctor Doom crying about 9/11

How was it a good concept?
OMD is the lowest and Slott was pretty bad but Sins Past is a runner up. There's a reason most writers don't touch it

>Contrarians

>Why would mephisto get ownership of a soul never even conceived?
Come with the marriage.

>In addition to the dialogue explicitly excluding soul trades
No, he said marriage was better than peter's soul. There is always hidden close when dealing with the devil.

>MJ and Felicia still get censored
No, they don't.

JMS had Doom crying about 9/11 in one issue
Slott had Peter acting like a manchild for multiple issues

I say is correct

Being a grammar nazi is the most important aspect of being a Spider-Man fan, I agree

>How was it a good concept?
It works out and I like how it link to his many animal-themed villains. It gave him control over insect which I thought was an interesting development, and the way it played out in defeating Morlun was interesting.

>Spider-Totem
>Good

Ok, your opinion is out right there. Thanks for playing.

>OMD is the lowest
Imposed by Quesada, don't blame JMS for it.

The totem concept is good, Slott ruined it. That's it. You can't just dismiss it "because I say so".

Sins Past would have been good had they'd been Peter's kids like originally planned and One More Day would have been good had it been a What If...? story

Not him but you’re doing just that, only “it’s good because I said so”

Oh shut the fuck up

The partswith the villains are great
The parts with Spider-Man are ok
The parts with MJ are garbage
>TLDR: forget Peter and his shit supporting cast, give Spencer a new Superior Foes series

That doesn't make any sense. It's stupid, just like your fanfiction.
The dialogue explicitly excludes soul trades over, and over, and over. What's even the point of something like a deal if you can just take what you explicitly leave off the table 3 times in two pages? And frankly speaking, Mephisto can just take souls. He doesn't need to abide by dipshitty contracts- he can drag someone into his domain and fuck them up. That was his plan with Silver Surfer, and if you think Pete has a better shot at resisting, you're not the right kind of fan.

No, your fanfiction is and remains fucking retarded.

Here, I'll tell you why it's bad.

Peter being destined to become Spider-Man makes the central conceit of Spider-Man pointless.
Pete was a selfish dick who became a hero when he was forced to face the consequences of his selfishness. He becomes a hero because one time, when he wasn't but could have been, he lost one of the most important people in his life and irrevocably damage the other. That being the work of a god undermines Peter's agency, makes the god a villain, and makes Ben irrelevant.

Not understanding that is absolutely tantamount to not understanding Spider-Man.

You opinion=trash. Thanks for playing.

see

>The dialogue explicitly excludes soul trades over, and over, and over.
It exclude Peter's soul and Aunt May's soul.

Really good. #25 was kino

It excludes *any* soul.

Good. I skipped the entirety of slott though

>Peter being destined to become Spider-Man makes the central conceit of Spider-Man pointless.
It doesn't. First, the radioactive part is still of an accident, second, the spider bitting him was because it was dying and running out of option and just considered Peter the best pick of the room, plus, with all the other Spider now, and the Psider-verse it establish that there is plenty of different way to become sPider-Man, The Totem thing is just one of them.

> That being the work of a god undermines Peter's agency
It doesn't. this is not a valid point to dislike the Totem aspect of his power.

> but he did build his web shooters
Even before the Totem, he got the inspiration for the web formula from his newly acquired spider DNA.

> Him being divinely ordained his powers sort of puts a kink in that
Like said above, it doesn't. The radioactive ray hit the spider by accident and he was bitten out of urgency, not because he was chosen.

Peter's soul. Also, there can easily be a close the soul of people who don't exist yet don't count.

That or the stillborn mayday from the end of the clone saga, or is that non canon now?

The best ASM issue of this current run by far has been Annual #1. Which was not written by Spencer. Read it if you haven’t.

Are you retarded? Do you not understand what the “Spider-Totem” thing was all about ?

It means that Spider god Power from an animal-god. Not thathe was predestined.

There is no difference with getting his power from accidental super-science and accidental Magic, nor a combination of both.

And it's precisely that combination of Magic and Science and that the Totem Power was tainted with Radioactive ray that make the whole concept interesting to me.

I advise you to reread those comics

I have. The radioactive ray hitting the god-spider was an accident that bring it to death and made it bite Peter out of desperation.

Spider-Man's voice bothers me in this series. It feels so...forced.

Don't bother discussing Spider-Man here, i don't know why anybody does anymore

I enjoyed it, but honestly I felt MJ didn't serve any purpose in this and felt she's filling the space up. I didn't feel she contribute to anything in this and just only serves as a bone for the MJfags. I see people still compaining about OMD and whining about why it's better than what Slott produce. I actually enjoyed Slott's stuff, and I like what Spencer has with this

I liked the villains and I enjoyed how new it is, but I prefer the new Kraven kept his original look. I'm pissed that Rhino was made a villain again. That completely annoyed me because it robbed him his development, and how he was portrayed in Miles's run, and I would love him be a good guy and have a new character fill his spot.

Overall not bad, but it has to go much further with the new run and how it can be done. This will be a waiting game for me and I'll see what he will do going forward, but honestly Spencer needs to go bolder with some decisions if it can proceed in the future, and not give in to anything that would count as a nostalgic trip. MJ going back to acting will lead to some direction that'll determined her future with Peter. Will see how it goes, but honestly she needs to go

Remmber MJ convinced Peter to take the Mephisto deal in the first place

Will see with the villain Kindred and how it goes, but hoping it doesn't go in more predictable routes than what most of these people here demand

Attached: ASM_638_0004.jpg (1280x1996, 325K)

I get what you mean but the homage aspect of it felt like it was done with a lot of love for the original, whilst not trying to retread the same ground and tone.

seeThe totem thing doesn't in any way remove anything from Peter. And it doesn't introduce predestination.

>Remmber MJ convinced Peter to take the Mephisto deal in the first place
No. she didn't dissuade him. Not the same thing. And she said she would support either choices.

You can't read and have poor reading comprehension. None of your points answer mine at all.
"The radioactive part is still an accident"
If the radioactive part doesn't give him the powers, then it's a choice of Anansi.
What you say right after that has no basis in the comic; Ezekiel clearly is saying Peter was chosen, not that Anansi's magic spider was making the best of a bad situation.
"Plus other ways" is something I don't care about. What is crucial is that Peter's powers are an accident.

> That being the work of a god undermines Peter's agency
>It doesn't. this is not a valid point to dislike the Totem aspect of his power.
If Anansi chose Peter to be Spider-Man, then he was *always going to be Spider-Man*. Particularly if you are emphasizing the totemic nature of spider-sense as a connection to destiny itself. This makes Peter's agency in becoming Spider-Man irrelevant- he never actually had a choice. Or, the choice was irrelevant- if Anansi would have withheld the gift if he wouldn't fulfill his destiny, that makes Ben's death trivia, not the central motivating factor.

> but he did build his web shooters
>Even before the Totem, he got the inspiration for the web formula from his newly acquired spider DNA.

This is from Spider-Man: The Animated Series. It is not true of comics Peter. So, again, thanks for playing.

I read somewhere that shortly before the start of Spencer's run, Mephisto had been made prisoner or something in an other Marvel Series.

Can anyone confirm?

What is the point of a deal if he can just take anything he wants, even things that don't fucking exist, without even mentioning it? Jesus, you're stupid.

Spencer has no idea what to do with MJ, it's the nineties all over again

Wonder what will happen to Harry?
Don't think they should have bought him back but killing him off again would just feel flat.

PAD had Strong guy become King of Hell, which remained true for about one fifth of one second before Soule undid it with his execrable Frankbolts run.

>If the radioactive part doesn't give him the powers, then it's a choice of Anansi.
No, it isn't. The PSider was in charge of giving power and the Radioactive ray hitting it was about to kill it and thus it give power out of desperation before dying. Still an accident.

It isn't the Choice of Anansi (fuck, Ezekiel's power was the prove it's not always people of her choice that get Spider-power). It's the power granting Spider forced to pick a person before dying because of the radioactive ray.

>What is crucial is that Peter's powers are an accident.
It still is. So your complain about Totem is invalid.

>If Anansi chose Peter to be Spider-Man
She didn't. This make everything you say after irrelevant.

>It is not true of comics Peter. So, again, thanks for playing.
It's never state he got the idea of the spiderfluid from divine inspiration either, during the JMS ru,; so , the point is moot.

He take everything that would result out of the marriage. you are quite dens,e you know.

So, Mephisto is still active and running his side of hell?

Still can't ignore that she was willing to do this and convince Peter to take it

Here to back my point, Ezekiel and Peter only ever speculate on the SPider's intent, but here, you have Spider postulating that the radioactive ray likely changed whatever plan the Spider had.

With this, predestination is gone and therefore, your complain about Totem cease to be.

Attached: 0.jpg (1041x1600, 607K)

Much, much better than Slott. It actually feels like Spider-Man.

>and convince
Again, she didn't.

It was a corporate mandate, I wouldn’t take how the characters did it to seriously. Just remember the god ol Joey Q was going through a divorce at the time and hated anyone who appeared to be in happy matrimony.

Biggest god damn of it all was how much time JMS spent getting Pete and MJ back together in his run. If editorial didn’t want them together why let him do that? Same thing with sins past if having kids would age Parker and Gwen to much why even bother?

I think people who hate on the Spider-totem idea almost always seem to cites predestination as a factor while not really understanding that predestination really doesn't factor into it. I think people just take too much of their own preconceptions into it while ignoring what the story actually says.

Im loving it

Best thing to come out of that run was Aunt May finally learning Peter's secret. An other thing OMD ruined.

Attached: 0.jpg (1041x1600, 619K)

>Just remember the god ol Joey Q was going through a divorce at the time and hated anyone who appeared to be in happy matrimony.
I thought the reason was he grew up to be an huge Gwen Stacy shipper and was still super-butt-hurt over her death and Peter ending up with MJ instead (and obviously Sins Past too).

It felt kinda weak that Connors immediately got a new inhibitor chip implanted. I'd rather have seen him try to deal with the ramifications of not having any hard barriers to committing mischief and growing from that.

Also I want him in Lizard form more often.

Attached: 1555531084819.png (1200x900, 276K)

user knows.

Just here to fill the void Invincible left.

JMS made Peter a teacher, probably one of the best character development. He definitely has more ups than down.

Your first point is fanfiction. It has no basis in fact, and is explicitly contradicted in the shathra arc, where it is explicit that "there is little [Anansi] does not see, and even less that happens by accident" accompanied by a panel of the spider biting Peter.
Anansi chose Peter.

I am 100% correct. You are explicitly wrong.

>It's never state he got the idea of the spiderfluid from divine inspiration either, during the JMS ru,; so , the point is moot.
No. You were using the cartoon origin to prop up totem bullshit. But that's the cartoon, not Original Recipe Peter.
Totemic bullshit undermines Spider-Man.

he should get in touch with the reptile totem.

So, an entire timeline and every single being in it? Along with all branches of that timeline? Without even having to mention it? No wonder he doesn't bother with souls.

The mental acrobatics you retards leap to to get where you are when the page is so explicit is really mind boggling.

Only in the sense that the dying Spider choose from the people available in the room before it died. Otherwise there is no predestination in the sense that it was foreordained.

It doesn’t make sense that he can’t get another one if he already had one

It's in the story. It's explicitly in the shathra arc. I'm not reading shit into it- I'm reading into the shit.

>Your first point is fanfiction.
It literally isn't.
see>Whatever the spider had been beforethat moment, whatever its intentions, if any, whatever powers it carried, if any... All that changed with the radiation.
>whatever its intentions
>All that changed with the radiation.

I am explicitly correct. At no point does that arc ever establish Annansi chose Peter.

>No.
The Totem origin still isn't stated to give the orgina of his Spider Fluid ever, so still moot
>Totemic bullshit undermines Spider-Man.
It doesn't and I have outright showed you so, you still haven't managed to explain how the Totem thing ruin peter.

All you have done is complain how it make Peter predestined, which I have just proven is false.

Ah, that's true. I suppose they could've went with some sorta explanation saying the traumatic ejection of the previous implant screwed some things up.

This. Shame that the Symbiote Spider-Man mini series is nothing like it

Only the thing that concern Peter's marriage. you are the one doing quite the mental gymnastic to not get that. you do realise the whole point of Devil deal story is often that the person tend to be a sucker out of it, right.

An other interesting development JMS did out of it, with the Origin of Spider-Man, there, that cam with Aunt May learning the truth.

Attached: 0.jpg (1041x1600, 487K)

Attached: 0.jpg (1041x1600, 563K)

Attached: 0.jpg (1041x1600, 570K)

I like it. Getting Connors to go crazy and become an animal again was part of Kraven's plan to go out with a bang and Curt deserves a happy ending.

Attached: 0.jpg (1041x1600, 419K)

Came here to post this. Ant-Man and Wasp vs Black-Ant and Beetle when?

No.

There is no accident.

Anansi knows Nyame's secrets. Nyame's secrets include the future.

The gymnastics you are leaping through here are mind boggling.

"There are no accidents" and Peter Parker's fucking hand.
"The science was random. [The spider's] placement in a room of possibilities, deliberate". Again showing Peter getting bit. Not a room full of possible targets, not any other possibilities, because there weren't any, because spiders can see the fucking future apparently. The possibilities are adding to Anansi's freely given gift that is not an accident.

This whole conversation is so fucking dumb. You're an idiot. Read some actual Spider-Man, or better yet, go read an actual totem hero or Avatar or God and fuck off.

I mean seriously. Peter's spider-bitten hand and what amounts to "there's no such thing as accidents".
How much more fucking explicit can it be?

But a later arc does.

I have shown you over and over again and you are taking the dumbest possible outs.

>Contrarians

Have sex

>Nyame's secrets include the future.
"knowing the future" imply the future is set and can't be changed. in that case, everything is predestined, for everyone ever. So your whole complain don't matter.

>Curt deserves a happy ending.
I agree. I just want him to be a scaly crime-fight, too.

Don't know how dark Spencer wants to go but after hunted, I kind of want Connors to face off with Vermin again.
They're both sewer dollars transformed into monsterous forms, though Connors has his control. And then there's the question of what the crulest thing a parent can enact on their child.

>Finally gets back together with MJ after over 10 years and numerous failed relationships
>MJ is actually supportive of his duel life unlike Slott’s MJ who bitched to him about it
>Has started turning his life around since Parker Industies
>cuck
user I don’t think that means what you think it means

>"The science was random. [The spider's] placement in a room of possibilities, deliberate"
Well, you are a moron wh can not read. The word just outright say the science is an unplanned part, random. The future is not set.

It's the PLACING of the spider, IN THE SCIENCE ROOM that was deliberate, in a room full of POSSIBILITIES literally spelling out Peter was not a set target in advance.He was just a possibility.

Next time, learn to read. Peter's power are still an accident. so again, you still haven't explained why Totem is bad. That peter's power were predestined has just been proven wrong, so find an other reason.

the word possibilities literally mean the target wasn't set in advance. So eat your words.

Holy shit it's like the whole concept was stupid from the beginning fucking crazy right?

>[The spider's] placement in a room of possibilities, deliberate". Again showing Peter getting bit. Not a room full of possible targets
Full of possible target is literally what "room full of possibilities" means learn to read.

Holy shit.
This is what I'm talking about with your crazy stupid outs.

"Even less happens by accident".

There was no accident. I just spelled it out for you and you still can't read it.
To be fair, it's poorly written.

It's like the comic literally spell out the future is not fully set, but made of possibilities and that you can not read.

It's at it's best when focusing on Boomerang, Mysterio and Black Cat

>There was no accident.
LEARN
TO
READ

> The science was random
>Room full of possibilities
Peter was never predestined. It's spelled out to you and you can not read it. you have to go through mental gymnastic to decide the opposite of what is said is your truth.

Spencer excels with villains. The rest is just meh

Anansi basically decided to play dice with science and it seems you are unable to to basic reading.

There are "possibilities" because it's a room full of science. Science "made it possible" which removed the need for ritual or some other dumb shit.
"Even less happens by accident" because, as Ezekiel implies earlier, the spider died before it could play Jiminy cricket.
As it so happens, we know that (this)Anansi was basically african-myth proto-peter. Does it make sense for him to load a spider-powers gun and toss it randomly into a room? For the exact *one* time he's ever going to do this, apparently? That's what you fucking read out of possibilities, that a being that once told a god no over his earthly attachments is gonna fucking roll the dice with his one cosmic load?
That would be a magnificent cosmic fuck you to the core of the franchise, that when he's down and low, and Pete's saying "why me, god?" The answer is that a guy just like him turned deity thought "fuck yeah, let's get a rando all fucked up with spider-powers!"

Jesus fucking Christ.

and THIS is why putting magic into spiderman's origin is one of the stupidest things ever added into the series.

>"Even less happens by accident".
"Even less" still means accident can happen.

Annansi placed a Spider to give spider in a room full of random Science, new to her and possibilites, that placement was deliberate, everything else was randomness and possibilities, that Peter got that power was still an accident. What made him a special case is that it was the one time Annansi gave freely that power. To who she gave it, that was random, but she wanted Science to be involved.

Attached: 0.jpg (1000x1500, 1.06M)

This writing is so superficial.

One: Anansi is a dude, both in myth and, you know, on the previous fucking page.

Which clearly tells me that you're cherry picking and not actually reading. Which makes sense, because if you read Spider-Man, you probably wouldn't be on that side of the argument.

But go ahead. Read that page and come back and tell.me about how I'm wrong here
Because it makes perfect sense because "Anansi is a trickster"

see >Does it make sense for him to load a spider-powers gun and toss it randomly into a room?
Do you know Who Annansi is? She is closer to a trickster god than a benevolent/wise divinity, you know? Playing russian roulette with her power is actually completely up her alley. This is completely in character with her legends.

>That's what you fucking read out of possibilities, that a being that once told a god no over his earthly attachments is gonna fucking roll the dice with his one cosmic load?
That's literally what she did and that's literlly the kind of thing she would pulll, what she like is interesting stories. For a God able to see the future, randomness is a good way to make for stories that would be interesting to her.

>That would be a magnificent cosmic fuck you to the core of the franchise,
How so?
>The answer is that a guy just like him turned deity thought "fuck yeah, let's get a rando all fucked up with spider-powers!"
The actual answer is "I wanted to involve science with my power, Randomness was a necessary key to attain that goal". That doesn't remove anything.
Expect that post failed to provide a valid reason.

I disagree with your opinion.

I'm perfectly aware of who Anansi is. You aren't, because you're misgendering him. And you're doing exactly as I predicted. But what's more, you're still stupid because Marvel gods are not the same as their fucking real life equivalents, which means we need to go first off what's ON THE FUCKING PAGE BEFORE YOU RETARD.

>Which clearly tells me that you're cherry picking and not actually reading. Which makes sense, because if you read Spider-Man, you probably wouldn't be on that side of the argument.
I have fully read those issue, but back when they were coming out, the Gargoyles Disney show was also running, and it showcase Anansi with a female voice. ever since them, I tend to picture the god Spider as a female. that my head sometimes mix it up with the Greek Arachnea myth doesn't help. Mind you, I am not the only one who tend to consider Anansi can also be female.

>You aren't, because you're misgendering him.
seeYou know that gender doesn't undermine anything I have stated.
>you're still stupid because Marvel gods are not the same as their fucking real life equivalents
1. they are inspired by them, directly
2. I still gave to you an actual reason directly provided by the comic:
>The actual answer is "I wanted to involve science with my power, Randomness was a necessary key to attain that goal".
Stop hitting arround the bush. The Totem arc still establish Peter getting his power as an accident. Therefore, you still haven't given a reason as to why you think the Totem is bad.

Cool. So you're throwing your fucking gargoyles headcanon into the argument.

And I'm the one with problems with my argument?

Sweet merciful Grodd above.

>you're still stupid because Marvel gods are not the same as their fucking real life equivalents, which means we need to go first off what's ON THE FUCKING PAGE BEFORE YOU RETARD.
When Marvel directly use myth an old legend, anything not contradicted by the comics is fairplay to use.

Also, a reason that was
> ON THE FUCKING PAGE BEFORE YOU RETARD.
was actually given to you, but you ignored it:
>The actual answer is "I wanted to involve science with my power, Randomness was a necessary key to attain that goal"

>Cool. So you're throwing your fucking gargoyles headcanon into the argument.
No, I am explained to you why I was using the wrong gender.

Again, the Gender of Anansi has zero weight on the argument we are having an you do not undermine any of my point by telling I accidentally misgendered him. at no point did I use any of the Gargoyles Canon, to back any of my points. You are just acting in bad faith, there.

>And I'm the one with problems with my argument?
Seeing you jump at any point to nitpick even if the have no weight in the actual argument, I'd say the answer is yes, there.

The totem arc clearly establishes that Anansi chose Peter in a room of possibilities. Speculating, this was the only way to give someone the power without the other "less pure" methods. Any other reading is truly stupid and makes no sense with the characterizations and choices of imagery. Your reading is desperate, cherry picked, and incomplete. Your knowledge of Spider-Man is clouded by stupid cartoon bullshit. You're not reading context- not even on the previous fucking page! just asserting that not very vague things mean the opposite of what they are very, very clearly showing.

As for Gods,
The two most prominent gods in Marvel, Thor and Loki, are very, very, very different from their mythological roots, especially Thor.

My argument is complete, and yours is shambles, and what's more, you're embarrassing yourself.

And for what it's worth, that's not even close to the only thing that makes Totems dumb. It's just the worst.

Wait are people hyping a reveal for Kindred? They already said it's the person who tortured Mysterio in Hell, isn't it just The Pitiful One??

Attached: Pitiful_One_(Earth-616)_from_X-Statix_Presents_Dead_Girl_Vol_1_2_0001.jpg (968x688, 281K)

Fanfiction.

Kindred, the Pitiful One, and Kindred even outright saying he let Mysterio out of Hell... which was what the Pitiful One did.

Attached: itdoesntseemlikeasecret.png (2124x666, 2.64M)

>The totem arc clearly establishes that Anansi chose Peter
It literally doesn't. As already explained. He chose the room, not the person. Randomness of science happened, making the target undetermined. literally stated in the issue.
>Any other reading is truly stupid and makes no sense with the characterizations and choices of imagery.
The reading I make is the literral interpretation of what is said.
Random science
Room full of possibilities.
Peter wasn't predetermined. Clear and simple.

You know the strangest part. You say you hate Totem because it make Peter predestined, yet to say that, you use a twisted logic that require you to limit arbitrary to what random and possibilities apply whereas the literal interpretation of it was Anansi experimenting with the randomness of science and Peter being one of the possibility, which remove the Predestination aspect.

You chose to apply convoluted logic to get to a conclusion that piss you off, while ignore the more simple interpretation that remove an aspect that piss you off.

you deliberately chose to be angry and hate something rather than be satisfied by an interpretation that make more sense and doesn't go against your wants. The fuck, man?

>And for what it's worth, that's not even close to the only thing that makes Totems dumb. It's just the worst.
Well, you failed to mention any other of it. now be glad, I just demonstrated to you what you consider to be th worst aspect doesn't actually exist.

Literally from the comic.

>only once were they given freely. In the intersection between science and the Spider.
>science allowed it to happens. But science is new and hr spider is old.
>The science was random.

You should take a minute to go read like, I dunno, the wiki page on Anansi.

You are destroyed. You just can't even see it.

>Literally getting mad at other people's opinions
The absolute state of white boys.

>I dunno, the wiki page on Anansi.
So now suddenly you are switching from "only the Marvel comic aspect of Anansi count" to "Go read what the actual Anansi is about". Pretty slicky, man.

>You are destroyed. You just can't even see it.
You have been destroyed for a while already, already showed you clearly Peter was not picked in advance by the Spider-God in the comic, Your last argument was "it's a stupid idea Anansi gave power randomly", which is already a flimsy argument to begin with and when I gave you the reason it was random, straight from the comic, all you can do is say "you have lost but I won't tell you why".

he told you why, sometimes it's better to just stop posting

haven't they retconned the magical totem aspect of spiderman away by now?

>he told you why
He didn't. He only said "nuhu". Why is it so difficult to admit that Peter was NOT chosen by the Spider-God and that the involvement of Science made Peter getting his power a random event?

There was a very bad Morlun family arc by Slott that happened not so long ago, so no.

All right, moron, here goes.

>New World Anansi tales entertain just as much as they instruct, highlight his avarice and other flaws alongside his cleverness, and feature the mundane just as much as they do the subversive. Anansi becomes both an ideal to be aspired toward, and a cautionary tale against the selfish desires that can cause our undoing. [15] Anansi has effectively evolved beyond a mere a trickster figure; the wealth of narratives and social influences have thus led to him being considered a classical hero.[16]

So with *either* version of anansi- the one that's on the page, or the one that Straczynski would be calling on, we are talking about a mythical proto-peter. Someone who would not throw power randomly into a room to see what happens.

Fuck, if that description of Anansi doesn't sound so much like Peter that you might even think Peter was a deliberate, nay, even chosen representation thereof! And that that's what Straczynski was getting at? Since, you know, you're so stupid you can't read what was already on the page.

No, it's been doubled down on very hard.

It’s because Spencer has read more Spider-Man comics than most people

>Someone who would not throw power randomly into a room to see what happens.
What is a leap of faith?Don't tell me this isn't a trait from Peter or Anansi. And I have already addressed that several time, Science was needed for it to happens.
>science allowed it to happens.
But the Science brought an aspect of Randomness. He therefore picked a room full of possibilities. Peter was not predestined, he was simply the best pick of the moment. That's the literal intepretation of the comic.

Are you happy now.

So now that we fully and clearly established that Peter was never predestined, could you please tell me what is wrong with Totem?

Should I pick this up if I really liked Spencer’s Superior Foes, Ant-Man, and The Fix?

>Since, you know, you're so stupid you can't read what was already on the page.
I did. Random science, room full of possibility. Peter was not predestined, he was the best possibility in process that required randomness. Literally straight from the comic. Doesn't require you would mental gymnastic just to be pissed about something that wasn't there to begin with.

Yes, starting with Amazing Spiderman #802

Joey was the EIC during JMSs run he signed off on that to

It isn't a trait from Peter or Anansi to throw power randomly into a room.
If you don't get that, you don't get Spidey and the dubious purpose of arguing with you is at an end.

>Science brought randomness, possibilities
But it did not bring targets. There are possibilities, endless possibilities. Shit, one might even say science, dare I allege, *represents* possibilities. But it did not bring "who that fucking spider was there to bite". And comparing the descriptions of Anansi and Peter, and the preceding pages, you'd be fucking insane to argue otherwise.

>Now that we've established that you're going to declare victory despite your insane defeat

Come on, man. Just... Seriously. This is only getting more embarassing for you. Straczynski made Peter the Avatar of anansi, and it was clearly a choice. The science, the randomness... They allowed a spider-bite to put the powers on him without ritual, as well as put something new in him. But it clearly wasn't random that Peter was chosen- There's no way either proto-peter ends up with fucking Peter as an Avatar by accident... Especially since "accident happens even less". That makes everyone involved look like an idiot.

Especially you, for arguing otherwise based on your fucking Gargoyles headspace.

You mean for Sins Past?

Getting rid of this was honestly the biggest fuck you in OMD, as shitty as it was losing the marriage I understand it from an editorial point of view to try to play more with the character. Turning aunt may back into the clueless aunt was just boring, slott fucked that up so much.

Pretty good, my only complain is that the Kraven's arc started too slow and had momentas that felt like filler, but other than that particular arc, pretty good and fun to read.

Go read ASM 507.

>It isn't a trait from Peter or Anansi to throw power randomly into a room.
Again, picking the best possibility isn't the same as acting irresponsibly. You keep ignoring that.

>But it did not bring targets.
Science room, full of people inttrested int he working of the world and wanting to know more about it. the likehood to have people with potential for wisdom and breaking bound is actually quite high.
>The placement was deliberate.
Science was what allowed the transmission of power to happens.
It brought randomness
It deliberately picked a place filled with possibilities, thus allowing the likelihood to have a good target.
>But it did not bring "who that fucking spider was there to bite".
It brought the possibility to have more good Candidates
>And comparing the descriptions of Anansi and Peter, and the preceding pages, you'd be fucking insane to argue otherwise.
I do argue otherwise in the possibility to pick, the Spider saw in Peter a good potential. It doesn't mean it was going a sure bet and Peter was not predestined up until he entered the room.

If it had n't been Peter, it could have been someone else with similar trait of characters and potentail. Again, the room was deliberately chosen for its possibilities.

Now that we have established that Peter was not predestined, can you please give the reason you do'nt like Totem, if anything, the similarity between Peter and Anansi actually make it a good legend to associate with Spider-Man.

>The science, the randomness... They allowed a spider-bite to put the powers on him without ritual, as well as put something new in him. But it clearly wasn't random that Peter was chosen-
See this is mental gymnastic from you part, just so you can get piss angry, instead of accepting the more direct interpretation: randomness of science, possibility of picks from the room, that result in an interpretation that does not contain one of the element that make you piss-angry.

Why do you purposely chose to be angry?

First of all, dilate.
Second of all, if you actually read the Totem arc, Peter rejects it as purely a hypothesis. It's left up to interpritation whether it's actually the cause of his powers or not. Plus the guy that told him all the totem stuff was trying to get Peter to be a sacrifice instead of him, so really you're autistic if you take it face value.

Go read asm 507.

You are wrong. Completely. The end.
You have misread and misunderstood and twisted and moved goalposts, but it's over.

I win.

Good night.

Same.

It's over.
You lost.

Pete's respectable, MJ is respectable, and the relationship is back. The stories have been pretty bland, but nothing bad or anything. Hate how Spencer pushes his pet characters, but they haven't taken up too too much storytime (unlike Aaron's pets.) The Mysterio/Kindred stuff is shaping up to be something really good.

It's meh so far, but better than what came before it. And I feel like it'll get better now that Spencer is almost done setting up the board.

>you are wrong because I say so
>figure it out yourself
Great argument, man.

I was more mad about losing the unmasking than the marriage. Pete and MJ had only been back together for a fairly short while, I just hated the laziness of having Mephisto do what MJ's career and Pete's slinging had done on their own before.

Go read ASM 507.

Nothing left to argue about. I was right, I was always right, and you can't fucking read.

THIS.

And I'm not sure how much of that is his inner fanboi feeling the need to continuity wank things like reconnecting Pete and MJ ( which I'm not opposed to, but it wasn't earned they just sorta ended up together because reasons ) and how much of it is editorial ... because this run is LIGHT YEARS behind his run on Superior Foes back in the day.

>this level of bad faith.

#507 has just proven my point 100%. Peter was NEVER predestined, he was the best possible pick fof the moment, wich I have been saying all along. I was alwawys right and #507 just proved it.

The Spider is on the verge of dying AND ONLY THEN did it chose peter.

ZERO
FUCKING
PREDESTINATION

I was always right and you have the worst case of bad faith, literally unable to read an issue that is verbatim saying what I have been stated all along.

So, again, now that we have established Peter was NEVER predestined and was a LAST MINUTE PICK, could you tell me why you don't like Totem.

>Among all the people present that day, peter was the only hunter
>THAT DAY

So, #507 literally confirm was a last minute pick and was never predestined. Have some dignity and simply admit you were wrong.

I miss Elephant Steve.

Attached: 0.png (500x449, 162K)

I'm a Yea Forums newfag and only started reading comics last year, so Nick Spencer is the only Spidey writer I know. Started his run issue #1 and I've been enjoying myself for what it's worth. I also get all the Spider-Man True Believers and those stories are pretty good too. So idk, I'm a Spidey fag

Attached: Black-Cat-1-Marvel-Comics-J-Scott-Campbell-Felicia-s-Loft-Variant-Cover.jpg (630x960, 427K)

>What do we think about Nick Spencer's spiderman?
I quit readsing Spiderman comics due to OMD. And now they are finally undoing that pice of shit, I could not be happier. I just hope it stays that way and not turn out to be some big ass asspull Spencer likes to do for dramatic reasons.

Oh my God.

I knew, somehow, you would desperately find a way to pretend to not be wrong.

You are, though. The end.

>I knew, somehow, you would desperately find a way to pretend to not be wrong.
Simply took waht the comic was saying
>You are, though. The end.
>I win because I say so, even though the comic itself contradict me
At least now we have established there was nothing wrong with Totem.

>read #507, it prove I am right. No, I will not tell why
-provide elements from #507 that prove you are wrong
>I am still right because I say so
Try to have at least some dignity.

There are no coincidences, no accidents.

It's not an accident that Peter or the Spider is there. Like attracts like.

All on the page.

It's literally the next word bubble.
It's explaining that observer and observed affect each other- Peter is there for a reason just as the spider is. Like attracts like.

Straczynski is definitely trying to have it both ways and is writing it as vaguely as possible, but at the end he can't resist the urge to rewrite it all to put his stamp on it, like he did with FF and Thor shortly afterwards.

Sayonara, morons.

Everything else in that comic indicate the Spider picked Peter at the last moment, because it saw him as the only valid candidate. that last bit you mention is simply Anansi's conclusion from the events, which it make sense he would believe there is a grand scheme in everything.

All the rest indicate there was no plan to pick Peter up until the Spider saw it. Anansi believed in destiny which answer your question about why he would rely on randomness to make its pick. But he didn't even knew it was peter up until he saw him.

You chose to ignore all the rest of the issue only to focus on the opinion of Anansi that is the only part that back your point.

Anansi state it was meant to be peter the same way Stark was meant to be Iron man. he believe in story and narrative, which make sense for Anansi.

Yet you chose to anchor of those words and ignore everything else. Yet no matter how hard you try, you can not deny this: Anansi NEVER predestined Peter. Anansi considering it was meant to be peter has as much impact as science proving everything is deterministic. It doesn't change anything.

so now, that we have established That Anansi never predestined Peter to be Spider-man, can you please tell me what is wrong with Totem?

seeAnansi never chose Peter up until he saw him in the science room. those word are Just Anasi's view on fate.

Everything else clearly establish Peter was a last minute pick. You chose to trust an opinion of a fictional deity on events instead of the events themselves.

Just so you can be angry about it. whereas the straightforward interpretation remove predestination, but you prefer to be angry.

>Sayonara, morons.
Good night, I hope now, you can be happy knowing that even with Totem, Pete's power were still an accident he was randomly exposed to.

>Like attracts like.
That bit is actually about why the spider chose peter over everyone else as it was dying.

The no coincidence, no accident is more of a conclusion from anansi than him delivering an absolute truth. It make sense, for the god of Stories, to beleive there is no accidents, but that his own belief and the event he relate clearly establish Anansi didn't knew Peter before the radioactive Spider saw him.

Yup he would’ve been in charge for sins past and OMD. Though what made sims past happen was the current editor on the book at the time didn’t stop it in the planning stages

Nope. You've argued in such bad faith it's over. I've proved it. At this point, I could bring out straczynski himself telling you, and you'd start telling me about death of the author.

That spider chose Peter. There are no coincidences, there are no accidents. It is no an accident or a coincidence that he is the only Hunter there, it is not a coincidence that he happens to be like Anansi, that he will become an Anansi figure. And if you think somehow that Straczynski meant for that all to be a red herring, a fun little bit of trivia- rather than a radical reinvention of the origin, have I got [all of his other big two works] to show you.

Now, let's get to why totem sucks.
You like it.
That's enough.
More importantly, having Peter be part of things bigger than himself automatically makes his shit *less personal*.
Pete's enemies linking trait isn't that they're all "animals"- what kind of animal is a hobgoblin, anyways. No, what links them is ,and it always has been, that they are thieves. Peter doesn't want what he has, he sees his gift as a curse - but his enemies are *thieves* who use any advantage not to build something for themselves, but to steal. Even the ones who do invent things- Ock, Shocker, Norman, Vulture- all they can think of is to steal.

I'm glad Ditko left when he did, but his particular viewpoint left something important in the dna of Spider-Man that "being nicknamed for an animal magically makes you hate avatars" doesn't live up to. Compounding that, the idea that "pretenders hate the real deal" just creates more problems. Is Ock insane simply because of his nickname? What about good guys who aren't avatars, like Falcon? What does all the other totem shit do?

Much like when he wrote Reed as responsible for the cosmic Ray's, he was just trying to put his stamp down... But he left more questions than answers, and not in the good way.

Fanfiction. You're an idiot.

You've literally never proved anything in this whole fucking thread.
>That bit was my interpretation and my interpretation alone
If that were true, "the presence of the observer affects the observed" part doesn't make a lot of sense before the bite, and the 12 blurbs about why Peter was chosen are laying it on a bit thick for "slim pickings on a Thursday" , and the "at the end of the day, there are no accidents, no coincidences... Only professional courtesy" don't make any sense either, because "professional courtesy" is not a desperate, dying hail mary to the only possible candidate- it's a show of respect to someone in your line of work.

Isn't he getting buttfucked by Johnny Blaze now?

MC2 Pete is basically getting resurrected because of it.

How does Silk work into this?

Dilate tranny

Don't forget future EIC Axel Alonso.
He was the Spider-line editor at the time.
He utterly failed to control Straczynski on any level, and honestly didn't even seem to review the scripts. Which is how you get far enough into garbage like Sins Past that you have to do it but still can edit it.

Should have just delayed for a month, but Ike needs his dollars, and ASM was a chart topper.

Go rub your little Nazi stub to interracial porn. Again.

She doesn't, because she wasn't a part of anyone's plans at the time. Not on the level we've been arguing about, anyways. Also, canon at that time was that a guy, a hunter for sure, named Carl King watched Peter get bit, found the spider, ate it, and turned into a sentient blob of cannibal spiders that could wear skin suits.

But of course, Straczynski didn't know about that and Alonso didn't tell him.

Have sex

You think it’ll give him his leg back?

I'd say after you, but I can't see myself going incel.

Hoefully he'll deliver and kills off Tony's cock sleeve

Cringe

I know your lil' dick causes people to cringe, but hey, there's always oral!

Seethe

The child might've been conceived already, though. Someone theorized that MJ is having morning sickness in the top panel.

Attached: omdpuke.jpg (462x746, 65K)

I agree with Satan

He's been carrying stuff over from his Captain America run and Secret Empire event so now I'm just waiting for the real Steve Rogers to suddenly show up and have another go at being a fascist.

I love these two nuggetheads.

Considering how Kindred knew Quinten was still alive because he recognized his disguise, I’m thinking it’s Peter’s soul. Especially with all the Spider-Man poses he does.

Attached: F597FDA2-22FF-4229-ADAF-DCEE75A42CC7.jpg (1988x3056, 1.77M)

>That spider chose Peter.
AT THE LAST MINUTE. Thus no predestination.
>there are no accidents. It is no an accident or a coincidence
It refers to the spider picking Peter rather than someone else in the room.That's the coherent interpretation as the rest of the issue establish the radiated Spider was still looking for a tagrget after being hit.

>And if you think somehow that Straczynski meant for that all to be a red herring
Not a Red Herring, he clearly establish Peter was a pick made in a hurry, but explain why he was the one to be picked in the room.

>You like it.
>That's enough.
fandom is never a validd reason to dislike something. Ever.

>More importantly, having Peter be part of things bigger than himself automatically makes his shit *less personal*.
This doens't change anything. It still doesn't link it to a destiny or a fate. the power is a gift FREELY given, what Peter does with it is his choice.
>Peter doesn't want what he has, he sees his gift as a curse - but his enemies are *thieves* who use any advantage not to build something for themselves, but to steal. Even the ones who do invent things- Ock, Shocker, Norman, Vulture- all they can think of is to steal.
None of that is undermined bythe Totem concept, at all, you still haven't a point
>Fanfiction. You're an idiot.
Straight from the comic isn't fanfiction
>"the presence of the observer affects the observed" part doesn't make a lot of sense
The observer is the Spider and it affect Peter, the observed. It make complet sense.

>Only professional courtesy" don't make any sense either, because "professional courtesy" is not a desperate, dying hail mary to the only possible candidate
Because it's not professional courtesy, it is a desperate, dying hail mary to the only possible candidate.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Infinitely better than his Captain America.

I don't get it, what's the joke?

Thread turned into a whole rant about how Totem and Ezekiel ruined Spiderman, next day, it turns out Spider-Man Life story, a mini-series destined to homage all the great adventure of Spider-Man in a real time elapsing setting is now about totem and Morlun.

That's not what it's "about", it's just "what if Peter aged in real time, experiencing all the events of that era's comics"

I mean, the last issue was all about the clone saga ffs, it's no greatest hits album. But it's been very good so far and Morlun had potential

Because it's a great story worth referencing. At least the first arc.

>it's just "what if Peter aged in real time, experiencing all the events of that era's comics"
That's what I said.

I just found the timing funny.

Good so far, some things like the Kraven arc went on for too long, but I trust the "fuck Slott" section of his run is temporary and he'll start actually developing something. If not then at least we gk back to the status quo, but that doesn't make for a very entertaining comic...

Isn't there a story where he disguises himself as Rinhart and works with the Burglar to kidnap Aunt May.

That's gonna be two yikes and a cringe from me dawg

I don't dislike it but it feels like it takes too long to get anywhere. This is probably more editorial trying to push trade sales but I really feel like we should be further along than we are by now.

Marvels feminist censorship is making it impossible for me to enjoy it
Also Peter is never allowed to be cool. Just and idiot or a little bitch

>Marvels feminist censorship is making it impossible for me to enjoy it
Seeing it's actually inexistent, you have no reasons to not enjoy it.
>Also Peter is never allowed to be cool. Just and idiot or a little bitch
Factually wrong.

Any run that goes out of its way to fix continuity is dead to me.

I don't see why.

The past sucks. Change, any change, to the status quo is objectively superior to remaining static. Yes, One More Day is the best Spider-Man story in decades. Peter Parker being replaced by Miles Morales in the Ultimate universe was a stroke of genius and I abhor the fact that Marvel doesn't have the balls to make it canon in their main universe.

>One More Day is the best Spider-Man story in decades.
It objectively isn't.Fuck it litrrallly goes against your stance. It restored an old status quo of Peter being single so it could bring him back to the day he was ba bachelor and dating. More aggravating, it put an abrupt end to interesting arc and development and as mentioned before, erased the knowledge of Aunt May learning about Peter being Spider-Man, which had allowed their relationship to develop in an interesting direction.

You should read more Spider-Man comics pre 2014
Spider-Man used to have a lot of fanservice but since it’s all run by feminists now that is no longer allowed.
MJ used to be a super model but now gets drawn as an average looking person as well

>You should read more Spider-Man comics pre 2014
I have.
>Spider-Man used to have a lot of fanservice
Still has today. that it has less isn't caused by any MArvel feminists, that's simply how artsits draw comics nowadays. And Spider is back to having the attitude he had pre-2014.
>MJ used to be a super model but now gets drawn as an average looking person as well
False. Defintely not average. fuck, last issue is about her getting back to acting, just like pre-2014.

I don’t care at all for any of the big plot lines he has written so far. Especially the boomerang thing bored me to death.
I want Peter having personal struggles again. Not these lame spongebob like storylines.
Where is the drama or romance?
Where are the cool fights?
Where is Peter being smart yet hunted by his responsibilities?
Also seeing Felicia or MJ show up every now and then breaks my heath since they are drawn sharia approved now.
I recently re-read the storyline where Peter gets reborn. Not the best story mind you but at least MJ was still drawn with a nice neckline and some sexy outfits to distract you.
It’s not even the lack of cheesecake that is annoying me it’s the fact that it is obviously removed due to Marcel’s „progressive“ attitude
That whole dishonest is killing comics for me

>since they are drawn sharia approved now.
No, they are not.

>it’s the fact that it is obviously removed due to Marcel’s „progressive“ attitude
Already proven false. This isn't MAarvel's Meddling.

You don’t read comic

>that's simply how artsits draw comics nowadays
Because marvel tells them to do so.
Go to any convention or just look at what the artists draw on their free time and you will still find tons of pinup like drawings. It’s only when they get commissioned by marvel that they self censor themselves.
You can also tell that marvel additionally censors by how the editors always places the sprach bubbles or text boxes over the women’s breasts
Dishonest stuff like this makes me not want to support the industry.
They obviously hate true comic fans and want to remove all the stuff from comics that they consider „sexist“
That also why you get men bashing lines like „toxic masculinity“ just further shitting on all the male marvel fans

>Because marvel tells them to do so.
False.

I do.

You have to be a special kind of moron to use the run where they bring back Black Cat's old costume to complain about Marvel showing les skin. Like the one run here they started showing more skin and it's the one you use to complain about. at least do it in a run where it's relevant.

He's been bitching about it every storytime.

Oh it’s the conspiracy guy again who keeps saying that every user is the same on Yea Forums

I don’t know who is factually right here but I feel like anybody in an argument that unironically announced “I win” kinda loses on a technicality.

user, if he writes the exact same shit every thread it's clearly the same guy.

user the 2 guys you accusing all use different words to say more or less the same point.
Sure the message is the same but the way they say it is unique.
There even is a 3rd person in this thread who made a similar complain which you didn’t see either.
See here
I also saw that the number of unique posters went up
So either there is a fast conspiracy or the message that they are spreading is a more common complain then you want to admit

>One More Day is the best Spider-Man story

You are a faggot. Maybe you should take Slott's cock out of your mouth before posting.

>See here
Probably one of the two.

You're stupid. And you cut shit out of my post so you wouldn't have to respond to it.

None of your points work.
It doesn't make sense to make a dozen blurbs about why someone was chosen and then say "but actually, you were the only one there". That's stupid, and it's not how Straczynski writes. He wrote a 5 year fucking Babylon 5 arc that ends with revealing that, holy shit, get this, the weird super-tech race was just future humans acting out predestined shit all along.

It doesn't make sense for the observer to affect the observed before the bite, which is what's going on in that panel. A biting spider is no longer an observer. It's an actor.

>It's not professional courtesy

Ok. If what's on the page means nothing to you, then we're done.

Straczynski meant predestination. He would go on to do predestination in fantastic four like three months later, because that fucker can't leave origins alone. He did predestination in Babylon 5, he did it in the fucking Garfield Halloween movie.
Then he left for Thor, who get this- has always had a predestination! Baked right in!

No rational actor puts any stock in any theories about OMD.

Certainly not "mephisto can take anything at all without asking for it, even if he explicitly leaves it out of the bargain, if someone makes a deal with him for anything"

The whole point of a deal with the devil is that you get your deal, but in the worst way possible and can you live with that. It's completely retarded and ruins the device if a deal with the devil is just "the devil can do anything"

Its my favorite comic on my pull list followed by Venom and Shazam

read the comic then come back and discuss

I did.

Not only have I read the comic, I know the author's fascinations and other works. I can read.

He's trying to make it vague, so it seems like there can be two ways to look at it. But in the end, he can't even leave it in that quantum state. And what's more, it doesn't make any sense the original way anymore.
Mythical African proto-peter, who can see the future and presumably has a danger sense... throws his power-bug into a "possibilities" room, randomly, and just hopes it works out, just so happens to be exactly one candidate in said room that would turn out to be a true hero who fights for the underdog while also being a cautionary tale against selfishness?

A planning, clever, cunning trickster with future vision and a love of knowledge blew his one cosmic nut on rolling a die?
In a room full of white people across the world from his home?

That's asinine. Shit, if you want to say that's what happened, I don't agree, but that serves as an indictment of the totem idea by itself.

oh look, marc and dinosaurus

a waste of time

>None of your points work.
It does. you just ignore it.
>Babylon 5, Thor, Fantastic 4, Garfield Halloween movie
Spiderman is not Babylon 5, Thor, Fantastic 4, nor the Garfield Halloween movie. a writter be damned to chane of shtick from time to time.
>It doesn't make sense for the observer to affect the observed before the bite,
Again, the observer is the spider, he affect the observed, Peter Parker.

Let's lay it down, user.

You interpretation:
>Random Science to freely transmit the power
It doesn't count
>room of possibilities
It doesn't count
>Deliberate pick of the room
It's the proof it was all predestined, let's ignore everything else.
for #507
>the Spider in an hurry to find a target looking, looking who to pick to bite, before dying of radiation
It doesn't count
>it was no accident
It's the proof it was all predestined, let's ignore everything else.

My interpretation
>Random science to allow the transfer of power
Relying to science to allow the transmission of power introduced an element of randomness
>room of possibilities
the spider had the possibility among several target
>deliberate pick of the room
Deliberate pick of the room to allow the spider better odds to find a good target

for #507
>the Spider in an hurry to find a target looking, looking who to pick to bite, before dying of radiation
Clearly establish the spider hadn't made its choice yet and ONLY pick Peter then
>No accident
It was no accident that of all the people in the room, the Spider picked Peter. the spider didn't randomly bite a person in the room in an hurry, but picked Peter, it was no accident.Because of all the people, he was an hunter without teeth, with the bigger potential.

You interpretation require to ignore systematically all the part that imply things weren't set in advance, mine take in account ALL the elements of the story. You rely on bad faith and on "nuhu, your interpretation is stupid because I say so".

>Mythical African proto-peter, who can see the future and presumably has a danger sense... throws his power-bug into a "possibilities" room, randomly, and just hopes it works out, just so happens to be exactly one candidate in said room that would turn out to be a true hero
If not Peter, it would have been someone else with similar character trait. the thing about Underdog is that, by definition, there are plenty of it. And a science room full of nerd is more likely to have some. There is nothing asinine, there.

>A planning, clever, cunning trickster with future vision and a love of knowledge blew his one cosmic nut on rolling a die?
>In a room full of white people across the world from his home?
That's where the Radiation ray was and it's what allowed to freely transmit the power.

the weirdest thing, here, is that your obstination would make sense if you actually liked the predestination aspect, but you hate it, yet you persist in stating it's the right interpretation when a direct intepretation of the sotry clearly establish Peter was not always predestined to receive the power.

Why is it so hard for you to consider it could have been anyone getting that day, has long has he had character trait close enough to Peter?

>I did.
And you systematically ignored everything that contradicted your take on the story. you are not objective, there.

>Mythical African proto-peter, who can see the future and presumably has a danger sense... throws his power-bug into a "possibilities" room, randomly, and just hopes it works out, just so happens to be exactly one candidate in said room that would turn out to be a true hero who fights for the underdog while also being a cautionary tale against selfishness?
I like how you were already already given an explanation about that and you ignore it completely.

>the weird super-tech race was just future humans acting out predestined shit all along.

You clearly haven't seen B5. The reveal was that these super high tech races were squabbling over what was best for the younger races and that those younger races would become like them. Not that the bad guys were future humans. But rather this was a cycle that had been going on and that humanity had the chance of breaking it. But you are just making shit up at this point.

>Straczynski meant predestination.

No he doesn't. The examples you cite such as Thor are example of stable time loops. They are not examples of predestination. These things happen not because they are meant to happen, but people work towards them. The B4 which stretched across three seasons or Loki's origin which show us how he manipulates Odin into adopting him.

So, now that we have established that Peter was not predestined to be Spider-Man, what is your issue with the Totem aspect of it?

>came for the Spider-Man
>Stayed for somehow best pairing!

I like good guy lizard and his family, honestly I hope it stays this way, will it?

Looks like it.

Untill the next writer comes along

Its ok user, it only means you have shit taste.

There is nothing wrong with the Totem concept.

Not reading it cause
>Ramos

The Slott Morlun arc was shit, but the JMS Morlun arc and its aftermath were great.

>It's the best Spider-Man run we've had in 10 years with him fixing a ton of Slott's garbage.
I mean... We just escaped a 10 year run, so that's not saying much.

Can you actually believe that Slott was the writer after JMS Spidey? Can you even BELIEVE that they didn't kick him off since then? What a fucking joke.

Sins past can be ignored. Slott had the chance to retcon it during his retarded clone saga but didn't. You can skip the sins past run and not miss a beat. OMD can't be ignored because it ruined spider-man for over a decade.

>Being this autistic
I answered the OP question and talked about S-M.

You say this & mean to anger people, but I actually like that idea. Would've been a good tease during Grim Hunts Lizard issue.

Riiiiiight but there's a mystery here, which means it can't be him.

I mean, it's not like we know who Pitiful One is under those bandages. It just displaces the mystery.

I want to see billy conners having to grow up been a lizard guy, maybe even join the xman or young avengers

Young Avengers would be more fitting.

That hasn't been established. Ever. It doesn't make any sense, and reading it that way makes Anansi catastrophically stupid and the totem legacy nigh meaningless mystic coincidence instead of a rich legacy to connect to, which is *clearly* not Straczynski's intent.
So arguing it is stupid and you are stupid.

But if you do read it that way, a new problem with totems is that the connection is now meaningless- he's part of something, but so what? Without a plan or a destiny, what's the point of being the recipient of an idiot's powers? How does it enrich Spider-Man that he's connected to a rando sky retard now instead of or alongside science? Does it really enrich your reading of an Ock fight to say "they hate Spider-Man extra bigly because he randomly got this blessing" instead of "it's beyond humiliating and frustrating for a once brilliant inventor/scientist to be forced to hide in sewers by a child whose voice probably still cracks?
I'm not usually one to complain about appropriation, but why is a white guy the Avatar of a patron of slaves? Why did Anansi choose to shoot his wad in a room of white people across the globe from his home, or across the country from where he's revered?
>Hurr Durr inscrutable trickster does what he wants

It adds nothing except the whims of an idiot God to blame when shit goes down, in a story literally woven from the ground up on the idea of personal responsibility.
Unless he chose Peter, and chose that room because Peter would be in it, or Peter was in that room because "Like attracts like, and in the end, there are no coincidences, no accidents".

Other readings make Anansi stupid, and what's more disloyal to *his people*.

Except that doesn't make any sense either, because we know the god was actually super smart, prescient, loyal to a fault, but also a bit selfish.

Your argument continues to fly senseless of what's on the page, the ideas and themes of spider-man, and meaningful storytelling as a concept.

The totem concept undermines the theme of personal responsibility central to spider-man since Amazing #15.

Sure, but you know it probably would have made it easier for some other cunt to want to revive Kraven and his "classic look", so it had to be done.

>If not Peter, it would have been someone else
>Only candidate

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Those two things don't work together without a third thing.

>It doesn't make any sense
You have been explained about it several times.
>and reading it that way makes Anansi catastrophically stupid
You keep ignoring how that point was already addreessed. It didn't need to be Peter Parker specifically, With How Anansi set thing it would have been basically anyone with similar character traits as Peter Parker.

>which is *clearly* not Straczynski's intent.
Don't assume of the wirtterr's intent. Anansi wanted someone worthy of his power That doesn't mean his choice was already set on Peter. it only got to be his choice once the spider was iradiated, only picking Parker then.

> a new problem with totems is that the connection is now meaningless- he's part of something, but so what? Without a plan or a destiny, what's the point of being the recipient of an idiot's powers?
1. I just layed on to you it it wasn't idiotic.
2. the gift was given FREELY, thus with no ties or destiny attached to it. You could say with the coming of modernity and how the word was becoming chatic, he saw the most fitting answer was to let the recipient of his power be the one to to take rain of how to use it. it is a gift, it is up to Peter to make of it what he think his best. There is no contradiction in letting Peter keep his agency. You are the only one convinced that if his power is mystic, then there has to be a grand scheme attached to it. This is a rule you made up and there is no reason to be hold by it. It is a power FREELY given. And this is precisely why the Randomness of Science allow this gift to be free. From any tie, from any condition, from any destiny to accomplish.

>t adds nothing except the whims of an idiot God to blame when shit goes down,
Wrong. It is a power that belong to Peter now and he is the one responsible for its use.

>Other readings make Anansi stupid, and what's more disloyal to *his people*.
Only you say that and you were already told why the set up is not idiotic. he made sure the candidate would be worthy, no matter who it would be, if not Peter then an other person with the potential to make good use of his power. you insist this is idiotic, but you fail to demonstrate why.

It really doesn't. That Peter was given those power by Anansi doesn't make him less responsible in any ways.

I think Gleason is going to replace Ramos soon

Well, not only can you not read a comic, you can not read a post either.

At the moment the Spider was Irradiated, Peter was the only good candidate AT THIS MOMENTS; let's say the spider had been exposed at a different time, or that peter visit to the lab had been set at a different time, then it would have been someone else. You seems to have difficulties understanding that.

>Get explained again and again that there was a deliberate choice to pick a room full of possibilities thus ensuring the power wouldn't be given to someone unworthy no matter what
>HUUURR ANANSI IS IDIOT GIVING POWER RANDOMLY
Why cant your brain function properly?

Saying it makes sense doesn't make it make sense.

>It didn't need to be Peter Parker, but it did need to be someone with similar traits as Peter Parker
So the power chooses people that will become heroes. So we know, right off the bat as soon as he's bitten, that he's going to turn it around and become a hero. Uncle Ben's death is just trivia- it was always going to happen.

>Don't assume the writer's intent
I will. I've followed that hack for years.

>I just said no!?! Why won't you accept it?!?!
Because your reasons are still stupid.

>The gift is given freely... But only to people who will turn out the way I have in mind
Uh-huh.
>Wait, no, ignore what Anansi said, he could have turned out any way
Then anansi is an idiot.

>Wrong it belong to Peter now
Power comes with responsibility. Including the power to grant power.
Jesus h. Christ.

Even Slott fucking understood that, and he wrote it in the execrable Alpha storyline.

>Unless he chose Peter, and chose that room because Peter would be in it,
Learn to reed, it chose the room because it was full of possibilities. It didn't requires to know Peter would be in it.
>or Peter was in that room because "Like attracts like, and in the end, there are no coincidences, no accidents".
After getting iradiated, the spider was attracted by Peter and there was no accident he bite him rather that someone else that were present AT THAT MOMENT in that room. He was biten because he was the best candidate.

>Your argument continues to fly senseless of what's on the page, the ideas and themes of spider-man, and meaningful storytelling as a concept.
It fit-in perfectly. You simply reject it because it seems to important to you to remain convinced Totem means predestination. it doesn't.

So the candidate would be worthy.

So he was always going to turn good. This was known from before the bite- when Pete was still a powerless, angry little twerp vowing revenge on the world.

Sounds like we both believe this reads as predestination, you just need a little help getting there.

So if Peter were less good, the spider would have bitten no one?
And if there were another "worthy" person there, they'd have gone on in much the same way as Pete?

"Room full of possibilities"
Actually, there was exactly one possibility according to your inferior interpretation of possibility and asm507.
1 possibility.
Exactly one.
Uno.
Shit, that even makes the word "possibilities" wrong in that case, doesn't it?

Y'all need to have sex, Morlun is living in your guy's heads rent free.

>Saying it makes sense doesn't make it make sense.
But explaining to you why it does, does.

>So we know, right off the bat as soon as he's bitten, that he's going to turn it around and become a hero.
Wrong, he bote the one with the best potntil #507 lay it down. of all the people present in the room he saaw in him an hunter without teeth, frustrated he can't fight back. That doesn't means he would become a hero,, but that he had the best odd to. But the power was given Freely, meaning there was a no absolute obligation for Peter to become one, in the end, it had to be his choice. Free.

>Because your reasons are still stupid.you have failed to explain so.

>>The gift is given freely... But only to people who will turn out the way I have in mind
WRONG. learn to read. It was given to someone who had the Potential and likelihood to become one.

>>Wait, no, ignore what Anansi said, he could have turned out any way
You are the one who have made a point to ignore what I said. Taking a calculated risk is not what idiot does. He put the odd in his favor before launching the dice. you keep ignoring that.

>Power comes with responsibility.
This result from Peter's upbringing. He fought many villains who didn't believe so.
>Including the power to grant power.
Taking calculated risk does not mean acting irresponsibly. worst case scenario Peter would have gone on acting selfishly but not using his power for evil. It was a risk worth taking.

>
Even Slott fucking understood that
So do I , but you are so obsessed with TOTEM=WRONG you are unable to see there is no disrespect of that notion.

>So he was always going to turn good.
Not "always". He would have good odd to turn out to be worthy. You are slow at taking it.
>rrandom science
>room full of possibility picked deliberately
It's the most straightforward interpretation of it.
>Sounds like we both believe this reads as predestination,
Nope.
Seeing
1. The Spider hadn't picked Parker up until it saw him
2. The gift was Freely given, thus tying Peter to no fates.

>Actually, there was exactly one possibility according to your inferior interpretation of possibility and asm507.
You are really slow at understanding what is being said.

there was plenty other possibilities. Peter could have visited the lab a different day, the Spider could have been irradiated at a different time. It's only once the spider was hit while Peter was in the room that things got to be set. Not before.

Okay, I have some questions for you.

1:if Peter Parker had been sick, and there had been no "hunters" in that room that day, would the spider have been in that room anyways?
1b: if it would have been in the room and there were no worthy candidates, would it have kept the gift and just died?
1c: what ramifications does this have for all the other storylines where other people in that room are bit (published before this time, you can skip Cindy Moon)
2: does the spider only bite people who will become heroes?
2a: if the spider will only bite people who will become heroes, how does this interface with the death of Uncle Ben? Is it a curse of the totem? Or was it wholly unnecessary, even as a motivating factor for Peter because he was always going to become a hero?
3: if the spider will bite someone who may well become a villain, is this not irresponsible on Anansi's part?
4: when Spider-Man is involved in world-shattering events, does Anansi bear responsibility for not teaching, training or educating him? Or for not finding a better candidate?

5: does "imitators hate the real deal" have a mystical component? It never made a lot of sense for Abe Jenkins to develop flying power armor and then go on to petty crime- ditto with Doc Ock. Did putting a "true" totem in their city push them over the edge?

Its ok, but it seems like a lot of people love it only because peter is fucking MJ again. If he hooked up with anyone else it wouldn't be as praised.

Getting powers was random for Peter not for Anansi.

What was not random about it for Anansi? Or are we talking about Anansi's origin? That's clearly not random. Spider-Man's, that's being argued here and stating conclusion without argument is a no-no.

>1:if Peter Parker had been sick, and there had been no "hunters" in that room that day, would the spider have been in that room anyways?
Yes. and it would have died bitting no one. Anansi put the odd in his favor, Scrapping his plan to freely give his power to someone.. A science showcase had a good likelihood to have frustrated Nerds. Doesn't mean it was a sure thing either, but Anansi played with the odds in his favor.
>1b: if it would have been in the room and there were no worthy candidates, would it have kept the gift and just died?
Yes. No need to act irresponsibly.
>1c: what ramifications does this have for all the other storylines where other people in that room are bit (published before this time, you can skip Cindy Moon)
Are you talking about the What If? The thing about the What If, is that they don't have to stick to the Canon. The power of fiction.
>2: does the spider only bite people who will become heroes?
Who have GOOD ODDs of becoming one
>3: if the spider will bite someone who may well become a villain, is this not irresponsible on Anansi's part?
If you say it may well become a villain, then as already said before, the Spider will not bite anyone.
>4: when Spider-Man is involved in world-shattering events, does Anansi bear responsibility for not teaching, training or educating him? Or for not finding a better candidate?
Anainsi is not the only God at play in the Marvel universe. He did his part to give the world a chance. He might as well consider odds are better for the world if Peter figure out his power for himself. Or that the gift being free involve no other intervention from his part.

>5
This arc only gave info on the Spider totem from Anansi, which also explicitly said Peter was an unique case. I will not make speculation from it for other Totems.

Choosing Peter wasn't random it was fate that's why almost every interdimensional spider-man is a variant of Peter Parker or someone related to him. It was random for Peter because he had no warning of it and is left to his own devices because Anansi chose him based on qualities that make him a hero.

>He would have a good odd turn out to be worthy
This seems irresponsible to me. I know I sure wouldn't give spider-powers on "good odds", particularly if I were a wise deity with prescience.

Room full of possibility... With only one possibility in it. Picked deliberately.
Go on.
1: the spider hadn't picked Parker up until it saw him
So there was a good chance nothing at all would have happened, or there would only have been bad candidates?
2: the totem legacy comes with fates in Straczynski's own run. Not the least of which is getting tossed into a mystical food chain.

>that's why almost every interdimensional spider-man is a variant of Peter Parker
I always considered that it was mostly variation of PEter, because among infinite universe, those with similarities were more likely to interconnect.

I consider that Anansi hadn't set his choice on Peter up until its Spider was irradiated and lay its eyes on Peter, looking for a candidate.

>Anansi played the odds in his favor
Why a room of white people in New York, again?
>Stick to canon
Well, I'm thinking of non-what if alternates. Alternate timelines and what not. Spider-Ham, AoA Spidey. Nowadays, Spider-Gwen and Miles would count.
>Good odds
That still seems irresponsible. Why not find people that are already heroes?
>Won't bite villains
Peter seems like he was actually awfully close to becoming a villain to me.

>Anansi has power but you don't assign him responsibility
That doesn't reinforce the themes of Spider-Man very well, now does it?

Well that would certainly imply predestination, now wouldn't it.

>This seems irresponsible to me.
The problem is, you are trying to assign a human sense of responsibility to a god, who work on a different level.

No matter how hard you try, taking a leap of faith i not a character trait that goes against Peter or Anansi.

But more importantly, think of all the time Peter decided to give a chance to a crook, or to a villain, to give them the opportunity to turn a new leave, because he saw that yes, he had good odd to actually turn good. This is taking a risk not too dissimilar to the one Anansi did granting power to Peter. This is completely in-character.

>With only one possibility in it.
Only AFTER the spider was irradiated while Peter was in the room. Before that, the dices were still not set.

>Why a room of white people in New York, again?
Because that's where the Science room was. the Science that allowed the power to be given.
>Well, I'm thinking of non-what if alternates. Alternate timelines and what not. Spider-Ham, AoA Spidey. Nowadays, Spider-Gwen and Miles would count.
Still different universes with different rules. So far, Anansi giving Peter Power is only a 616 thing?
>That still seems irresponsible.
see>But more importantly, think of all the time Peter decided to give a chance to a crook, or to a villain, to give them the opportunity to turn a new leave, because he saw that yes, he had good odd to actually turn good. This is taking a risk not too dissimilar to the one Anansi did granting power to Peter. This is completely in-character.
>Why not find people that are already heroes?
Again Anansi predetermine the best candidate, it needed Science to allow the power to be given freely and it introduced randomness. He picked the room that provided the best possibility to palliate this.

>Peter seems like he was actually awfully close to becoming a villain to me.
Now Knowing how Aunt May and Uncle Ben raided him up to that point? No. Very unlikely. he had good upbringing.

>>Anansi has power but you don't assign him responsibility
Not what I said.

>raided
*raised

So the argument is that an African trickster God and patron of slaves decides to grant powers to a person in a "room of possibilities" that actually has "one possibility" but *could* have had more possibilities or no possibilities but one thing is for sure- it's a room full of white people, and that room for sure was picked deliberately by this African trickster slave patron god - and that this possibility could be anyone but actually just one guy or people similar to this guy but actually only this guy but it could be anyone as long as they are similar to the guy, who isn't predestined to be a hero but the spider picked him because it saw that he would use his powers for good and to become just like the god and there are no coincidences and no accidents except that there totally are and anything could have happened except it couldn't have because the spider wouldn't have bit. And this African trickster God and patron of slaves who has worshippers to this day in Africa and the American south has picked this room of random white people, even though seeing the future is in his purview both in myth and on the comics page, and the plan is to pick someone just like an enraged white boy who is literally muttering about vengeance on the world under his breath a page before the bite figuring fuck yeah, that's defo hero material, no need to use any of my purviews to get security on that! then having sent the spider, fucks off because it's Miller time, never to interfere again?

And you think this *enriches* Spider-Man, a complex tale about loss and personal responsibility and growing into your own skin, by having a white boy be the earthly emblem of an African trickster God so that there's a secret extra layer to why Scorpion hates him?

What a bunch of fucking morons.

>That's where the science room was
I'm gonna let you in on a secret- even in 1961, there were rooms, doing science, with black people in them.
Was the room chosen deliberately, or was it the only room? Why not a room with Elmo Brady or Herman Branson, who was literally doing that kind of experiment right at that very moment? Howard University sure could use a super powered alumni more than Empire State.

If I take you at face value, then Ben's sacrifice is meaningless, and the core lesson that set Peter on the right path was always there and Anansi wouldn't have even given the power to Peter if he wouldn't have turned out right, undermining the importance of every crossroad and decision Peter makes in his career.

>that actually has "one possibility"
False, how can this mistake keep being made?

It had plenty of possibilities. The spider could have been irradiated a differnet days, while anyone was visiting. it's only AT THE POINT WHEN it was irradiated, while peter was in the room, that the possibilities were reduced to one. before that, there were plenty and Peter was not picked before that point.

> it's a room full of white people
I don't know why you keep anchoring to that. The scientific equipment was needed to allow the power to be given. It was an university lab, it didn't had to be forcibly full of white people, you know?

>and that this possibility could be anyone but actually just one guy
Why do you keep pretending that point wasn't explained to you already?

>but the spider picked him because it saw that he would use his powers for good
He had potential to use this power for good

>and to become just like the god
I don't think it is ever stated it allow to become exactly like Anansi.

>and there are no coincidences and no accidents
Once the Spider was irradiated while peter was in the room, he was the only valid candidate, it was not an accident no other than him was bitten but Peter. he was the only one worthy at that moment.

>even though seeing the future is in his purview both in myth and on the comics page
The future isn't set and having vision of the future doesn't mean you know everything.

> has picked this room of random white people,
You keep hammering that while it's actually never an established fact. to this day, I don't think there is a complete exhausting list of all the people present in that room the day Peter was bitten. you are not making a point, there.

>and the plan is to pick someone just like an enraged white boy who is literally muttering about vengeance on the world
Wrong, the plan was to pick someone who had been subjected to injustice, abuse and persecution, but also had a strong sense of right and wrong.
>yeah, that's defo hero material
You know of Uncle ben and Aunt May and how they raised Peter. don't make things up that goes against canon.
>no need to use any of my purviews to get security
Randomness odf science literally means it couldn't.

>And you think this *enriches* Spider-Man, a complex tale about loss and personal responsibility and growing into your own skin
Worst case scenario, it doens't undermine it in any ways.

>by having a white boy be the earthly emblem of an African trickster God
No a white boy, someone persecuted and victim of injustices and abuses.

>What a bunch of fucking morons.
Of course if you take an argument and change or ignore key point that debunk your complain, it will always sound moronic.

>there were rooms, doing science, with black people in them.
Again, nothing indicate there weren't black too in the Room Peter was bitten.

>even in 1961, there were rooms, doing science,
I am pretty certain the radiation ray machine was an unique piece of technology. I think it still is in the current run. You are not making a point, there.

>If I take you at face value, then Ben's sacrifice is meaningless,
No, it doesn't. it's essential, it precisely what set Peter to become an hero. Nothing of what I said undermine the role of Uncle Ben.

>and the core lesson that set Peter on the right path was always there and Anansi wouldn't have even given the power to Peter if he wouldn't have turned out right
I say the literal opposite. Anansi set no path to Peter, he give his power Freely.

repetitive piece of shit

You quote a post literally saying Anansi gave power to Peter with no certainty he would turn turn a hero. How do you take that conclusion from that?

>And you think this *enriches* Spider-Man, a complex tale about loss and personal responsibility
Seeing the parallel evolution of Anansi and peter on responsibility, yes it make for something interesting.

>False, how can this mistake keep being made
Because it's in the text of asm507. Everything else is an assumption on your part. It's not supported by the text.

But I accounted for that anyways.
>Room full of white people
Well, I am making *some* assumptions here, I'm definitely not far off base. It's definitely weird that it's not a room doing science in, I don't know, Tuskeegee Alabama or Washington DC or Nashville, Tennessee, where there are descendants of his patronage and actually worshipers of him, or relatives thereof. Particularly in 1961, where descendants of slaves could *really* have used a hero. But still true now.
I straight up think it's fucking stupid to make a white New York kid the "totem" of an African trickster God.
>Once the spider was irradiated while peter was in the room, he was the only candidate
So you give yourself a sliding time scale so you can say that room, many possibilities but also only one possibility but it could have been any time but Peter sure isn't a choice, it's basically random, so long as he has a good chance of being a hero.
Your Anansi is a fucking moron.

>I don't think it is ever stated itis allow to become exactly like anansi
No, I meant the qualities of loyalty, questing for knowledge, family ties and as a cautionary tale about selfishness. And apparently, rank idiocy. Not godhood itself.

>The future isn't set
And yet, Anansi can see it. That sure is dumb.

>You keep harping on this point
Well, because I find it awfully stupid for Peter's source of power to be an African trickster God playing chance with his once in an ever gift of power in a room that is statistically bound to be packed with middle class and up white dudes, yeah.

Attached: RCO005_1466353125.jpg (980x1400, 307K)

If you don't think Ben's death was necessary for Peter to turn it around, I will confidently tell you you are wrong. Stan says you're wrong. Conway would say you're wrong. Stern would say you're wrong. Virtually everyone who follows this franchise knows that Ben's death is *pivotal*.

He gave no path to peter, but Peter was chosen deliberately and correctly, and Ben's death set Peter right.. those don't fucking add up, idiot. Unless Anansi foresaw/arranged Ben's death.

It goes like this.
A:
If Anansi knows that Peter is going to become a hero before the bite, then he knows that Ben is going to die, arranges for Ben to die, or Ben's death is not necessary to Peter turning out heroic.

If Anansi is taking a calculated risk,
Peter's a fucking *hell* of a risk to take if you don't know about or arrange for Ben's death.
If Anansi doesn't know what will happen, he's an irresponsible idiot.

>Everything else is an assumption on your part. It's not supported by the text.
It's completely supported by text. the text literally says the spider only picked Peter AFTER it got irradiated (something you persit to ignore). It's from that point on that choosing him was no coincidence.
>I straight up think it's fucking stupid to make a white New York kid the "totem" of an African trickster God.
I beg to differ. What matter is not that Peter was White, it's that he was persecuted.

>So you give yourself a sliding time scale
It has nothing to do with sliding time scale. All I have sated is that the dices have been rolling up until the point where the Spider got irradiated while peter was in the room. it's only from that point on that the numbers got to be set.
> but also only one possibility
Wrong again. Many possibilties. Period. When you launch the dices, there are many possibilities. it's only once they cease rolling that there is only one possibility left. the dice ceased rolling when the Spider was irradiate while peter was in the room.
> but also only one possibility
There is nothing moronic. He chose a room with good possibilities to find the right candidate. Once again, you keep pretending those arguments weren't told to you.

>No, I meant the qualities of loyalty, questing for knowledge, family ties and as a cautionary tale about selfishness
After the radiation, when the Spider was dying, looking for a target, it is specifically said that it looked for someone similar to him. Again, if Peter hadn't booked that day to go to the lab, to could have been someone else with similar trait. Again, Peter was never predestined.

>And yet, Anansi can see it. That sure is dumb.
Marvel is filled to the brim with potential prophecies and prediction heroes manage to prevent. The Marvel universe hasn't a future set in advance and yet is full of seers too. It's not dumb, it's literally how the Marvel universe work. I don't see why you have issue with predicting a possible future that is likely to happen, but not a 100%.

>Well, because I find it awfully stupid for Peter's source of power to be an African trickster God playing chance with his once in an ever gift of power in a room that is statistically bound to be packed with middle class and up white dudes, yeah.
Look like MArvel Anansi is not a racist god and can see persecution beyond races.

>If you don't think Ben's death was necessary for Peter to turn it around
At no point did I ever said that and I have repeatedly said that It is not anansi granting power to Peter that made him chose the path of a hero.
You have a serious selective memory issue, as I have stated that repeatedly.
>He gave no path to peter, but Peter was chosen deliberately and correctly, and Ben's death set Peter right.. those don't fucking add up, idiot
It is really baffling me you can comprehend the notion that seeing someone has the potential to become something doens't mean he will forcibly become it.

without Uncle Ben's death, Peter would have kept using his power to be a showman and making money out of it. not the path of a villain, but not the one of a hero either. Maybe he would have taken a path similar to Booster Gold, trying the hero stuff for celebrity point (isn't there an issue where a time-traveler prevent Uncle Ben's death and that's exactly what happens, btw?), but he would have never turned evil.

Peter was the best candidate in the room, when the Spider was looking for one. No one else was valid, it doesn't means it was sure he would become a hero. It's so simple, yet you refuse to understand that.

>If Anansi knows that Peter is going to become a hero before the bite,
WRONG
WRONG
WRONG WRONG WRONG

Fluking seriously, check if you do not have short-term memory issues, because you have been using that argument again and again and again, unable to comprehend that it was never part of my interpretation.

Anansi DOES NOT KNOW. He simply know that at this moment, moment, Spider is the only candidate with a chance to become a hero.

>Peter's a fucking *hell* of a risk to take
He isn't. worst case scenario, he does not become a hero, but neither abecome a villain and just use his power for money. His upbringing from Aunt May and uncle Ben guarantee he never turn bad. The only risk was that he wouldn't become a hero.

>If Anansi doesn't know what will happen, he's an irresponsible idiot.
See my previous point, it has been in complete character for Peter to take the risk to give a villain or a crook a second chance at live and it fit Anansi too. This is a similar kind of risk, this is a leap of faith, but not irresponsible either, it's simply trusting your judgement of character.

>Spider is the only candidate
*Peter is the only valid candidate

>It is really baffling me you can comprehend
*you can't

>Flipping out over if statements
You seriously are a retard. I set up three ifs. You obviously object to the first one, but I'm laying out all the possibilities.
You sperg out because you can't fucking read. And because you can't fucking read, you keep thinking things have been proven when they most certainly have not- especially not in the way that you say they have.

>Peter isn't a risk to take
You don't understand Spider-Man, which is natural given the side of the argument you are on. This is not the side that Stan, or Gerry, or any spider-writer of note would be on. May and Ben did their level best, but he was still a picked on orphan waiting for his chance to strike back. That's on the page. Your shit is wrong.

>It's in Pete's character to give someone a second chance

Except this isn't a second chance. It's a game changing power and, I would argue, responsibility. It's less like letting a mugger go, and more like giving a mugger his gun back. That you just turned into a much deadlier gun. That you don't understand that either is really magnificently stupid.

It says Peter was in the room with the spider and others, and that the spider was dying, angry, wounded and irradiated. Sequence of events and causality are not assigned.
>You beg to differ
Of course you do.

>Many possibilities/one possibility

One possibility is on the page.
That's straight from the spider's mouth.
Does the page matter or not? Oh no, I know, words on the page only mean things that you want them to mean, even if they are explicitly saying the opposite.

Your back and forth on this is just a mind boggling set of moving goal.posts. there are many possibilities but only one possibility but there were always many possibilities but then there is one possibility and Anansi could be wrong but actually he couldn't be wrong but he could be wrong and and and and

Fucking retarded.
Science "makes things possible". There was only ever one candidate. Peter is the "chosen one". The anansian priest confirms as much two pages later. "Bbbbbbbbut it could have been anyone, as long as they were also like Peter" fuck off, no it couldn't. The stupid leaps of faith you have to take your idiotic interpretation over the one right in front of you is mind boggling.
"So many possibilities" didn't mean "so many candidates" it meant that the intersection of science and the spider allowed spider dna to go into Peter without magic or ritual and not have Anansi have to take direct responsibility. To work unseen, like a trickster God. He didn't pick a random room of fucking white people- he attracted- like attracts like- the perfect candidate. There is no fucking coincidence. And only one was there, because he was the perfect candidate. There are no accidents. Chosen, all along.

This is the cleanest throughline through this whole thing, and while it makes Ben pointless, it's the only version that actually adds anything to the spider-mythos. Your wishy washy gambling but not gambling half-explanation is even dumber than the totem idea itself.

So Ben and May's upbringing alone are enough that there's no way Pete's going villain, and the spider intrinsically knows this even though he was muttering about how "someday... Sob... I'll show them! They'll be sorry... Sob...sorry they ever laughed ...sob... At me!" Like an hour before?
Yeah, I'm not with you here pal, and I think you're on the wrong side of getting the message in AF15.

God, you know what would be nice?

If Peter got his powers from a completely normal spider that had been irradiated, and that then everything that happens to him doesn't have a secret backstory or extra layer of shallowly understood appropriated myths. What if the only thing responsible for Peter was Peter, and the only agency involved in making Peter Spider-Man was just Peter deciding to go to an exhibition.
Why, there wouldn't be any weird questions about connections to unexplained mumbo-jumbo, Pete would be the master of his own fate, and there wouldn't be any weirdness in making a white boy a slave god's fucking Avatar on Earth.

By golly, I really think that would be swell.