May knows he's spiderman

>May knows he's spiderman
>MJ knows he's spiderman
>JJJ knows he's spiderman
>Literally the whole world knows

What are the stakes even ? Are secret identities not sacred anymore ?

This franchise is ruined

Attached: b02761a3cb55d0c97820a852c830c316.jpg (750x742, 56K)

It's supposed to mirror Tony's own I Am Iron Man moment at the end of the first movie, except the situation is forced upon him instead of it being his choice.

>This franchise is ruined

Anything to force your unpopular narrative, huh?

>mouseshills will make up any excuses

No because secret identities are fascist and anonymous like those meanies on Yea Forums

>Implying there was anything to ruin

Not him but he's quoting the director verbatim regarding that scene. I don't like it any better, but don't shoot the messenger.

Far from home was good, though.

It was, despite its flaws. I think anyone claiming the MCU is ruined over the movie simply didn't care for the MCU to begin with and is simply shitposting.

>What are the stakes even ? Are secret identities not sacred anymore ?
Isnt info wars considered to be filled with paranoid conspiracy theories?
So if anything JJJ outing peter would have just make everyone's eyes roll in the next movie.

Raimi's movies effectively covered the secret identity angle though. I don't think it needs to be in every version of the character.

>What are the stakes even ?
Everyone is going to come kill is fucking family and friends.

what a dumb director. Wish these fucking writers wouldnt use some of the current dumpster fire that was after Civil War.

All the shitposters still watch the movies, so they clearly care more than most normies.

they did, but spider-man has a bigger fan base than iron man. so they are gonna sperg over details.

>Isnt info wars considered to be filled with paranoid conspiracy theories?
That a majority of burgers believe.

The MCU is literally the most normie franchise imaginable.

Were there even any details at all from Spider-Man that made it into the movie?

Sure. And yet, despite this, all the shitposters on Yea Forums think about the movie 24/7. Normies stopped thinking about this movie a week ago.

yawn

No, that's still Star Wars by far. Comic book fans (a dying breed, I know!) still have a considerable edge over the general audience since they can judge these movies on a different level than most. At least those who don't skim Wikipedia to pretend they read comics, that is.

May's gonna die

Not anymore than MSNBC or basically every left-leaning news today

Watch the movie, Mysterio literally says it.

No one really consumes MSNBC, Vox, et al. I guess you could make the case that Vice is left-leaning, and I'm guessing lefty zoomers may consume their reportage.

This. By the next Spider-Man movie most of MCU will believe that JJJ is a paranoid hack and Peter is just a random kid he's harassing.

They can say that Peter was targeted because his aunt is a part of the homeless blip victims charity and has some sort of connection to spider-man.

I am sure that some sort of skrull shenanigans will be used to show "Peter" and spider-man both attending some event at the same time.

I bet you believe the official 9/11 version

if so, you have 10 seconds to explain larry silverstein.

did you nuts even watch the movie ? JJJ wasn't the one who outed peter, it was mysterio

>Paper capeshit fans
Would you say that's 0.3 or a full 0.5% of people who watch MCU stuff?

>Do a Clone Saga movie
>"Spider-man" is killed publically
>original changes costume
>status quo resumed

Not like its a difficult fix.

The case is clear as day, they are left leaning

it was on JJJs show right?

I believe lizard men attack 9/11

Or the real one dies and a clone takes his place Jessica Drew

I would have really preferred for just Spidey taking the blame for the attack on London, but leaving his ID secret, so that you could have people wonder if spidey was a threat or a menace while Peter would have got his dynamic with JJJ

Can we please reboot?

Tony Fucking Stark being in a Spider Man movie at all kills the movie in the first place, but they also wreck it in several other ways too.

Nah it's probably more, but there's also those who don't read but still consume digests, since a lot of people lack the patience/attention span to read. That alone accounts for A LOT of people who are ancillary comic fans.

As much as I love secret identity stuff a running theme for Spidey is that the universe always finds creative new ways to dick him over. His identity getting outed is a solid way to make his life hell in the next movie.

Being another user and having no stakes in the game, the two events haven't been shown to be causally linked and so any argument on the validity of a linkage would either need to substantiate the casual relationship with heretofore unrevealed evidence or fall victim to a cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

again? fuck no.

But I really don't like these movies, but love Spider-Man. I just want a mercy killing.

I haven't consumed Vice media in years (and even then I only looked at their Dos and Don'ts), so I had to make a guess.

That would have been fun.

Far From Home should have been the movie he was stuck under the machine. Not Homecoming.

Stark shit and all that out of the way, to become his own character he shouldn't have just made a suit like Tony. He should have done what spiderman did. That shit ruined it far more than who knew he was spiderman.

too bad. You arent getting word for word spider-man. Raimi cocked it up with his version and then amazing made it worse aside a few things went right, MCU wants to move from those movies as much as possible.

I know I would personally love to see a new rendition of the "with great power" speech and fallout.

they're gonna kill him and replace him with Miles

Then why make it Spider-Man if you go out of your way to make it as different from Spider-Man as possible?
Just adapt pic related, problem solved.

Attached: 1562003432801.jpg (624x288, 28K)

I think you are making too much of thay scene. If anything the scene is just a send off. Next movie they wont mention iron man. I mean this was the movie after Endgame. Fucking ENDGAME

They said this about Homecoming.

It was a pretty intentional thing for him to look identical to Tony in the original Iron Man when he was building his first suit.

>Then why make it Spider-Man if you go out of your way to make it as different from Spider-Man as possible?
The other spider-man movies are guilty of it too, thing is they are using the miles story for peter and tony as old ultimate peter. Next I would like to point out is that we have seen Peters story already, twice. Do you really need to see it again? if you do then you are box office poison. Also this is spider-man in the mcu, hell all of iron man's villains didn't stick around.

says who?

>MCU
>secret identities

Attached: 2ec.png (327x316, 208K)

so? its called a send off, do you understand what that means?

>The other spider-man movies are guilty of it too
And I was bitching about them too. But fuck me I didn't know how good I had it. At least there was an ATTEMPT there to take something from some sort of source material.
>thing is they are using the miles story for peter and tony as old ultimate peter
Then why not use Miles?
>Do you really need to see it again?
As far as I'm concerned? We haven't got it once.

I do.
I just don't think the development of one character shouldn't be sacrificed for the sendoff of another, even if they were both intertwined. I want an Iron Man sendoff without it making Peter look like Tony 2.0.

should

Holland's Spidey has character development; he just doesn't have the development or story beats that you want.

No, what I said was that he has character development and a story beat that I don't want.
That's different.

>Spideymong
>Not a self made man
>Not a suffering man
>Next to no guilt or sense of responsibility
>Keep mooching shit off other people
>Be so retarded you keep unmasking yourself and let people find out about your indentity in the most retarded way possible
>Rely more on Spiderarmor's technology than his natural super power
>Flash changed from an alpha as fuck bully / jock to a retarded fat Muhamad for some reason

>Next to no guilt or sense of responsibility
Since I know you watched the movie, I'm just going to let you know your shitposting is weak.

You know what. next time. Make peter parker an actual spider . WE have covered him as human before.

First thing he did after he came from portal is removing the mask in front of many strangers. Friends and foes alike. They could have at-least make him remove the mask only at Tony's death.

Thank you for watching Marvel's The Peter-Parker (based on a popular comic book character Spider-Man)

But what can come of this now?

He doesnt have public acclaim, resources or even self determination since he is a minor.

What else, but Dr. Strange casting a spell to make everyone forget, can be done to resolve his problem?
Not all superheroes need their secret identity, but Spider-man truly does.

you make it sound like 1 scene is defining peter. He looks up to ironman. Thats all.

>Then why not use Miles?
because miles isnt the original spider-man.

Spidey is pretty much one of the only Marvel characters who even still uses a secret identity. Only ones I can think of off the top of my head are him, Daredevil and now Kamala Khan.

Maybe that's the point? Criminals will go for his family and he will fight them?

Spidersman movie would be kino

not even miles? wow really?

I'm not going to list every Spider-Man. Just assume all the Spidey spin-offs do the secret identity thing.

This is going to have big ramifications, I know everyone thinks he'll end up fine but I bet some people he love are going to die

user, that's my point, we know what comes right after, but where does it go from there?

We all know people will go after him and his family and friends, his school, even Flash. He will save them.
But then what? Its kind of painting yourself into a corner that only Dr. Strange can grt you out of.

Not him but I think too many of you people still got Spider-Man PS4 in your heads where he had his radio show. The video was given to the Daily Bugle, of which JJJ is part of, not his podcast or anything like that.

It never mattered.
>Green Goblin found out who he was
>Venom found out who he was
>Ock found out who he was
His secret identity never mattered in the end.

Nice try Mr. Disney you're not going to steal my shitty Spiderman fanfics.

>Manslaughter-Man
>if they see me without the mask their ass is grass

>he killed Gwen
>he almost killed MJ, left her with ptsd
>he basically killed Peter, took over his body, lived his life for like a year and now runs around in a cloned Peter body enjoying all of Peter's powers
>when he came out to thw public someone shot May

How wrong can you be?
user, eventually he had Dr. Strange cast a spell on the entire planet to erase every single persons mind who knew who he was.

Exactly. Spider-man dealing with his identity revealed should be the last film in series. Need some buildup with peter parker relations, job , rogur gallery etc.

They'll just end up rusing back his secret identity.
How hard can it be, the city is literally filled with semi-broken Mysterio tech. Stark industries probably still has BARF on file.

AND he's on good terms with the Sorceror Supreme. And SHIELD. Not to mention individual Avengers who could masquerade as him long enough to convince everyone he's not Spidey or Night Monkey.

How will they reestablish his secret identity?
Its not just the city, there's this thing called the internet.

user, this isnt the 60's and this isnt Superman.

You can't unring a bell like that.
Someone else shows up as Spidey and shakes hands with Peter Parker and that fixes nothing. The information is out there and a pundit promoting the story will double down on the conspiracy angle, which will sound convincing because it would be true.

How do you fix it so he goes back to having a secret identity without using magic to wave it away?

He gets thrown in a holding cell by the FBI, Spider-Man breaks him out? It's not that hard.

Which only serves to prove that Night Monkey and Spiderman are obviously in cahoots.

>same fucking effect as Spider-man shaking Peter's hand but this isn't even in public
Ok, user...

Maybe theres more than one Spider-man.
There's another Cap now, user.
I hear there may be two Hawkeyes soon, another Black Widow, im sure some old ladies call War Machine "the other Iron Man".

How?

Evil clone then.
I mean, if people are going to buy aliens, heroes from parallel universes and magical elementals, just stage an Evil Clone.

Spidersman spidersman does whatever a human can. Gets a job, gets depressed, thumbs the trigger of the gun in his vest.

And the Evil clone is the one that coincidentilly has access to Stark Tech?

Even Mysterio being a normal dude is more believable than that.

I didnt see the movie yet I assume they showed petes face on JJJ show.

user, you suck.

Do you understand that, if you give an alternative explanation it has to not just offer contradicting information, but also clear Peter of suspicion through logic and believability, two things your stort lacks.

Why would they clone Peter of all people, perhaps because he has Spider-powers?
Forget the fact that he has been everywhere Spider-man was, even through Europe.

You think you can do this without magic waving it away, but you can't.
How?

Clearing up the perception that he's a murderous super-villain is a bigger priority than restoring his secret ID. He's literally the only hero in the MCU with a secret identity.

>You think you can do this without magic waving it away, but you can't.
>How?
not that user but ... what about actual magic

Thats what they did in the comics.

But
has made me reach a conclusion. I now believe the directive and/or philosophy behind the MCU adaptations stipulates that secret identities are not employed, and if they must be, it must be terminated at the soonest possibility.
They will not fix that aspect of Peter's current predicament.
Peter will never be able to go back to school or attend college.
His family will have to live in the Avengers bunker or in one of Tony's old houses. May will just probably move in with Happy.
His friends from school will always be in danger from now on.
They will make more and more scenes of him going into action as Spidey, maskless.

Where the fuck does this even comes from?

My guess is hormones.

it just saves him the trouble of telling everyone he meets "Hi, I'm Peter Parker"

he could wear a name tag that says hi I am peter parker over his spider uniform

Fuck, now I'm thinking back on all the times Peter talked with other superheroes and his issue with saying Peter or Spider-man.

Yes, Peter's face was indeed shown but the video was given to The Daily Bugle, of which JJJ was affiliated with when they released it on live television.

>The information is out there and a pundit promoting the story will double down on the conspiracy angle, which will sound convincing because it would be true.
>which will sound convincing because it would be true.
Except, the original bullshit was untrue and everyone believed it too. So really since the masses have been established as mouth breathers, we can assume they'll buy the lie.
The moral will be: lies are stronger than truth. The victor writers history.

Real spoilers: His face wasn't shown in the actual video. Mysterio just said who he was and JJJ brought up a photo of Peter.

The best lies have a little bit of truth to them.
The original info released wasn't entirely untrue, Peter IS Spider-man. The first bit was based on editing and it was backed up by the second, verifiably true bit.

Verifiably true. Just as the light of truth can shine upon Spidey being an actual hero, it is hard to remove it from the fact that he us Peter.
It's out there and its not hard to even check up on.

The only true thing that came from Mysterio was Peter Parker is Spider-man. If you do the reverse, where the only untrue thing is Peter Parker isn't Spiderman, then surely it's more true than not and thus more believable by your logic. Anyways, the average person wouldn't check up on it and there are literal spy agencies with Skrull assistance on Peter Parker's side. They could cover that shit up easily if they felt like it. The question is if the writers want that not if it's possible.
I think it was stupid too btw. I just realize that a good writer could easily retcon this if they wanted. I also fully believe these writers aren't good and won't fix it. Magic or not.

People think a clone is just a copy of someone
It's more like a twin brother that just doesn't have the same age as you
If someone cloned Peter, the clone would be born a baby

Don't forget the Happy literally told everyone else that he's in love with "Spiderman's aunt".

>user, eventually he had Dr. Strange cast a spell on the entire planet to erase every single persons mind who knew who he was.

Why doesn't every hero just do this?

And here comes every angry criminal who was put in jail by Spiderman. This is not going well for Spiderman. Unless Pepper Potts or Happy put Peter in a protection program

>Lost his secret identity in Civil War
>Regains it in Ants 2
>The general public doesn't know who he is.
Say hello to the only hero in the MCU with a secret identity.

He should erase his name from the government's database of superheroes and do the same for Peter. Doctor Strange could erase the public's memory.

Attached: Scott_Lang_(Earth-199999)_from_Ant-Man_and_the_Wasp_(film)_promo_art_001.jpg (266x441, 36K)

To set up OMD

Stakes? What stakes? This is brainlet wish fulfillment cinematic universe, being a hero is all about the thrill with mandatory Bendis quips.

Good thing that Vulture knowing his identity kept it for himself right?
Surely there will be a nice payoff

LITERALLY the biggest hero
figuratively the biggest hero
simply the best hero
why is the best boy neglected

and that is wrong now? or is it because it makes jjj look like a crack pot to which he is

It's part of his charm and because he didn't make enough money for Marvel

Attached: 1537404184405.png (600x604, 475K)

>forgetting every 'hero' with a 'secret identity' has it publicly revealed at some point in their story
>its a staple to have this happen for a hero, a "milestone event after a certain threshold"

T.shill

Not really. People are into this. Stop being a faggit

Yeah, I was shocked the villain died this time and Peter seemed completely ok with it. Last time he saved the guy.

Ok, this is the first Spider-man thread I see today (lots of them though) and I wanted to ask

How fast is Spider-man running? I mean Cap is like 60 mph...Spider-man being stronger should be faster, right?

Luckily it was done in such a way that they can walk it back in the next movie. Though I did keep getting super annoyed every time he took off his mask in the movie, fuck bigger just keep it on you don’t know who those people are and you have no reason to trust nick fury

He dodged a bullet once after it was fired and half way to him.

cap and panther looked like they were going twice as fast as the rest of the army at a dead sprint. the army couldnt have been going more than 15-18 if that

>The MCU is literally the most normie franchise imaginable.

Nah
If it were
we would have
Ms Marvel
at MCU

Attached: 1562529124064.jpg (352x960, 31K)

I realized this when I first saw the scene and to be frank it pissed me off. They insist that he can't be Iron Man part 2 but then have shit like that and the scene on the plane with Happy.

>"Huh-ha! Oh, boy! They'll never suspect it's me! Huh-ha!"
Too many Disney interns on this site

I can't tell if I have autism or you're not being sarcastic right now.

MCU "Peter" is white Miles with Iron Man instead of actual Miles with Peter

These are just movies. Stop being offended by negative opinions.

And yet people keep swearing up and down he acts like Peter.

Cap and BP were faster than Winter Soldier on a bike, also faster than cars going more than probably at 50-60 kmph

>the whole world knows who he is
>"what are the stakes?"
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

he acts nothing like peter neither among peers nor superheroes

Secret identities are archaic.

>What are the stakes even ? Are secret identities not sacred anymore ?

Normies and corporate normies DO NOT UNDERSTAND SUPER HEROES AND CAPE COMICS. They don't read the material, they obviously don't understand the genre as well. The Secret Identity is core to super-hero concept, that's why they have names and it's not just a guy named Peter with spider powers. I could go into, write an essay about it. But the point is they're important and it shows how MCU/Disney doesn't understand the genre at and shouldn't be trusted with these movies and this material.

Yeah it's frustrating

Yes! Spider-ham movie when?

So what exactly do you think will happen in the next film? Will Peter be completely on the run from the police or will Fury's people step in and clarify what happened? The second one is probably more likely because it allows Peter to not have to waste time proving his innocence in the next film while also making him have to deal with the repercussions of losing his secret identity and dealing with people who still believe he's evil.

they won't address it at all in the movie and the after credits from the next one will dismiss any significance of this one
just like this one did in regards to homecoming

>Are secret identities not sacred anymore?
No, because Marvel sucks balls both in comics and movies these days.

Has anything revealed in a stinger actually mattered THAT much? Homecoming had May discover Peter is Spiderman and then...nothing ever came of it.
Don't get your hopes up that this will be significant, I bet they'll find a way to gloss it over.

>Has anything revealed in a stinger actually mattered THAT much?
Nick Fury putting together the Avengers.
Thanos putting his plan into motion.
The Maximoff twins being a thing.
Thanos overtaking the Asgardian ship.
Ant Man's team being snapped.