Toonami Ratings for 7/6/19

Demarco is an idiot that doesn’t watch shows, thus AS is responsible for the cut of the AoT post credits scene. You can watch it for free on their Facebook page. At least we got another trash music video to take its place, right?

Demon Slayer will be joining Toonami at an undetermined date this fall. It will likely replace either Super or Gundam.

Gen:lock will replace AoT on August 3rd. Yes, Toonami is that desperate that they are picking up trash from Rooster Teeth now.

Last week was a dumpster fire, with multiple shows falling below the 200k/0.10 threshold. This week we kick off two new shows as well as a questionable lineup order change and it just gets even worse. I think AoT might have broke the show to show loss record. And shocking to no one with a brain, Lupin was the jumping off point for the audience, which Demarco had the bright idea to move higher into the night. Food Wars and Gundam managed to nearly tie for worst Toonami premiere ever, but Gundam takes the crown by a razor thin margin. Last but not least, MHA takes it right on the chin, and dabs on every show after SAO. We are taking on water, and the cracks are getting bigger.

11:00 Dragonball Super 529 0.25

11:30 Attack on Titan 266 0.12

12:00 Sword Art Online: Alicization 248 0.13

12:30 Lupin the Third Part Five 165 0.09

1:00 Food Wars 155 0.09

1:30 Black Clover 186 0.11

2:00 Boruto 197 0.11

2:30 Naruto: Shippuden 162 0.09

3:00 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 156 0.09

3:30 My Deathslot Academia 201 0.09

Attached: 13DD6083-1E5A-4A54-97D5-933E1A0795B9.jpg (1024x1024, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/72598827/#72598827
programminginsider.com/saturday-final-ratings-hbo-premiere-of-bohemian-rhapsody-tops-the-days-cable-telecasts-among-adults-25-54/
youtube.com/watch?v=4oJe3PSG9F4
boards.fireden.net/co/search/subject/toonami ratings/page/8/
youtube.com/watch?v=iOKvONHQNYE
youtube.com/watch?v=DiUKh_MjsI0
animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-07-19/interview-studio-bones-president-masahiko-minami/.104467
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Super nearing less that 500k
>Ratings drop like a rock after Super
>Food Wars gets the shittiest premiere of all time (100 less viewers than Gundam at 3am)
>MHA did better than most Toonami shows, and they're stuck in the death slot.
>Some shitty internet show is coming next month

These truly are the endtimes for Toonami.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 92K)

I'm not surprised by these ratings but to actually see it with my own eyes is sickening. But BORT beating clover? Now THAT'S a surprise.

Holy fucking shit, ratings are down. WHat the fuck is going on behind the scenes?

>lupin at .09
AAAAAAA

Its late as fuck oclock in the morning for shows that most people can watch already on half a dozen other streaming services whenever they want.

Who's the chad now?

Attached: Deku_Render.png (405x558, 284K)

Why won't that idiot Demarco air the block between 8p to 11pm, then let Family Guy Aire after that?

They tried, the ratings were even worse

For comparison, these are the ratings for 3/2/19:

11:00 Dragonball Super 879 0.42 541

11:30 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 637 0.31 402

12:00a My Hero Academia (r) 633 0.29 379

12:30a Sword Art Online: Alicization 580 0.28 361

1:00a Megalobox 472 0.22 288

1:30a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 446 0.21 270

2:00a Black Clover (r) 412 0.20 257

2:30a Hunter X Hunter (r) 328 0.16 211

3:00a Naruto: Shippuden (r) 341 0.16 201

3:30a Attack on Titan (r) 300 0.14 184

Post yfw you realized the Saturday night leaker was real and not just a LARP

Attached: 124F62E1-94C6-40AA-9A8C-8B32CBED380C.png (1159x1159, 1.68M)

Missing cat user here. He came back just now. He looks like a skelly,I can't believe it. Was a week and a half.

We've set brand new records for lowest and second-lowest series premieres.

As usual, here are the bottom 10:
440 FLCL: Alternative 11:30pm 9/8/18
439 Attack on Titan (Season 3: Part 2) 11:30pm 5/25/19
437 Pop Team Epic 12:00m 6/30/18
394 Sword Art Online: Alicization 12:30am 2/9/19
361 JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 12:30am 8/18/18
345 Mob Psycho 100 11:30pm 10/27/18
310 Megalo Box 12:00m 12/8/18
236 Lupin III: Part V 1:00am 6/18/19
156 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 3:00am 7/6/19
155 Food Wars! 1:00am 7/6/19

Demarco needs to be fired and replaced with another guy who knows how to get good ratings. Streaming may be the future, but the average viewer is only going to pay for either Hulu or Netflix. They're not going to pay for Funimation's garbage streaming service.

Gundam is actually 154, so it’s the lowest. I put it wrong. I hate doing these manually

See I fucked up and put Gundam at 156 when it was 154, so it’s the lowest. You can even check

Relying on Battle Shonen is what unironically hurts Toonami.

Nobody wants to be in charge of Toonami. Everyone can see it’s a sinking ship, it’s too late to fix

What were the family guy lead in this week?

Get Rid of Toonami and replace it with Mike Tyson MYsteries, Venture Bros, and ATHF then.

No Jojo and they aren’t rerunning old stuff like YYH or old new toonami shows like KLK. The block is loosing it’s identity to the generic anime audience that doesn’t watch tv.

The only Anime that has Identity in America are Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Inyuasha, and Bleach.

maybe they'll finally air Crystal

ha ha ha

Americans love the 90s anime. Crystal sucks.

I’m talking about the identity of the block. You mention toonami to someone and they think of a specific flavor of action, drama, or adventure depending on the show. The current shows and their order doesn’t appeal to the overlap of people that both watch regular adult swim and anime or typical tv watchers willing to tune in every saturday.

>they aren’t airing reruns
That’s a good thing

The memes last Saturday about the
>Cheetos KFC sandwich with Mountain Dew
convinced me to buy one for lunch today.

>>>>>Americans

Also made the mistake of trying Burger King's tacos

No.

Attached: 1552760407713.png (370x370, 16K)

They would if they could. Hulu exclusive, all SM is

Now with the real numbers, here are the top 10 lowest series premieres, with 2 brand new bottom records.

440 FLCL: Alternative 11:30pm 9/8/18
439 Attack on Titan (Season 3: Part 2) 11:30pm 5/25/19
437 Pop Team Epic 12:00m 6/30/18
394 Sword Art Online: Alicization 12:30am 2/9/19
361 JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 12:30am 8/18/18
345 Mob Psycho 100 11:30pm 10/27/18
310 Megalo Box 12:00m 12/8/18
236 Lupin III: Part V 1:00am 6/18/19
155 Food Wars! 1:00am 7/6/19
154 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 3:00am 7/6/19

I wonder if that guy who said he would chop off his dick is still around.

well well well well, look who's not watching what.

Attached: smug wonderloli.jpg (387x554, 79K)

unprofessionalism

Jesus CHRIST! Those are horrible numbers.

Pop Team Epic is the only anime that wouldn't feel out of place in Adult Swim.

Besides a shitty lineup, this was a holiday weekend.

well how was it user?

Current Series End Dates (accounting for marathons):
Dragon Ball Super - October 12, 2019
Attack on Titan - July 27, 2019
Sword Art Online: Alicization - July 13, 2019
Lupin III: Part V - December 14, 2019
Food Wars! - October 24, 2020
Black Clover - TBD
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - TBD
Naruto: Shippuden - November 9, 2024
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - October 5, 2019
My Hero Academia - August 17, 2019

What were the ratings for OG Toonami like?

>Food Wars 155 0.09

I guess we finally have proof that fanservice does NOT ring in viewers.

Attached: 1521935659738.png (1356x604, 871K)

Did Demarco ever comment on how the AoT post-credit scene was cut?

Did MHA being screwed over make half the viewers leave the block?

holy fuck, I knew dbz was popular but not THAT popular

We've had a 3-year drought with no heavy fan service. Everyone who was interested in it has left by now.

THat's because OG Dragonball aired earlier and weekly with reruns. A lot of anime needs reruns nowadays because they're speech centric and rely heavily on memorization to effectively sell their premises.

It made them tune the fuck back in for it even at the deathslot, that's for sure.

We need another genuine bona fide cancellation scare. During Feb 2015 this encouraged a manipulated ratings spike, and four years later, the result seems to have been replicated with the hoopla about MHA. On a smaller scale no doubt, but this is because only one show was actively threatened, not the whole block.

Attached: le no budget anime man.jpg (640x526, 99K)

>In fact, DRAGON BALL Z and its prequel series, DRAGON BALL ( M-F, 5-6 p.m.), charted nine of the top 50 programs for the week among ad-supported cable programs.

But /tg/ told me nobody liked the original Dragon Ball?

user, DBZ was THAT popular. Every kid talked about it and merchandise was sold everywhere. The series basically became a household name.

Americans love OG Dragonball, Z fans are the more vocal and obnoxious part of the base.

>leaker called us one of the largest toonami communities
scares the fuck out of me knowing some intern is tasked to follow these threads and has to report back the highlights.

did the people who lewded Ami killed themselves yet?

Attached: _1559930038241.jpg (1065x1071, 57K)

He said Funimation sent it fucked up and gave it to them cut, then admitted it was actually their fault.

No, but I think I have a good idea of what happened. The clip posted on Facebook included the episode preview. Toonami probably gets sent all of the shows with the episode previews intact and they cut them themselves. Whoever is in charge of doing this must have assumed that the post-cedits scene was part of the episode preview and cut it. This would also explain how Black Clover and My Hero Academia both had their episode previews shown once.

DeMarco came here before a long time ago and gave birth to the "faggit" meme. The interns were always aware of this place.

Demarco has been aware of /tg/ forever. He's legit obsessed

>on the internet
is there.. like a physical gathering of Toonami viewers?

Attached: 1562516344740.png (1440x2560, 391K)

>People actually stayed up to watch MHA dead at night.

Now that's loyalty.

Fuck, how long ago was that? What show was ending?

TOONAMI DIES!

>7/6
>holiday
Retard alert

>ending
i dunno but he was threatening to do it if Sailor Moon Crystal came on the air.

>We need another genuine bona fide cancellation scare.
We had that during the beginning of the year. Ratings went up for a few months, but then they went right back down to the lowest they've ever been.

Demarco's a faggit, he gave MHA fans an ultimatum and scared them and deflected responsibility by claiming it wasn't his doing

You can’t blame Food Wars when AoT and Lupin executed the entire night an hour in.

Some other sites have weekly Toonami threads. We are actually just one of many communities. But I guess next to /r/Toonami, we are the biggest.

You must either not have a job or are working minimum wage, but most people Thursday and Friday off for the holiday.

MHA pulled through for itself, but the loss of it out front shows serious damage. It’s insane they thought moving Lupin up was a good idea

Reminder that One Piece is the greatest selling comic book of all time, WORLDWIDE!

Attached: WorldRecord.jpg (655x814, 129K)

>I-i-it was MHAs fault! Its ratings were bad so it had to be deathsloted
>Ratings fall even lower and on top if that it does better than the majority of the block

I hope the faggot who moved it got fired. How embarrassing.

yeah, if Food Wars keeps pulling shitty numbers, DeMarco is going to remove it like One Piece and then use it as a reason why they will never air shows with fanservice.

The tacos were worse than Jack in the Box's

The Cheetos sandwich is.... alright? It's sort-of drizzled in this shit that looks like and has the consistency of hot sauce but is really some vaguely cheese-tasting orange goop I guess to bolster the cheesiness. It seeps into the bun and is really oily, it kind of moistens the cheetos too. Chicken is fine.

He probably just meant compared to all internet communities. Reddit bans all dissenters, so that’s not the best place to gauge opinions. Other than here, there’s a few fringe forums that are maybe 5 tops people that yell at each other

>1:00 Food Wars 155 0.09
Kinda sad this did not do better.
The threads posting that one gyaru since the announcement got me into it
Started off kinda slow
Then got a little >dad walks in when watching it
But then the cooking scene happened. so much detail before during and after

I want more of this show.

Attached: __yaoyorozu_momo_boku_no_hero_academia_drawn_by_sachito__37a7c5d85849cfc3d474b743925dc7cb.jpg (662x928, 54K)

Doesn't resetera or neogaf have an active toonami thread?

>diseneblersters
what the fuck

So if people had time off they had time to watch the block

Do you think TMS Fag will pop in again in this thread?

Attached: D9RtDQqUIAAw0GQ.jpg-large.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

You must either, again, not have a job or not have and friends or family, but when people have 4 days off work they usually don't spend it watching TV.

He came here Sunday when the Genlock thread was posted and answered questions for awhile and said he wouldn’t return for the foreseeable future

toonzone has one, but it's full of resetera type fags. i used to frequent that board in the 2000's and it's fallen pretty far.

Well it’s “active” but it doesn’t get all that much traffic. As strange as it is to say, these Yea Forums threads really are one of the biggest Toonami communities because it’s easy to access. I assume it’s a balancing act, Reddit bans everyone with negative opinions, so if you go there all you see is dicksucking for all their choices. Yea Forums is full of trolls and shitposts, but people also aren’t afraid to call decisions shit here

>1:00 Food Wars 155 0.09
for a 1am premiere to barely beat the 3am premiere of shittyass gundam is pretty fucking pathetic

>tried watching RWBY
>it was shit
>tried watching nomad nowhere
>it was shit
Not even gonna bother tuning in for gen:lock

Attached: 1558422759017.jpg (750x1000, 65K)

It's a decent show but it's not popular enough for normies and everyone who does care about it probably already watched it. DeMarco is a retard and refuses to get shows that are actually popular and that normies would want to watch because they would be "problematic".

Went searching through DesuArchive. I couldn't find the original post, but it was during Momocon 2015 where they ended up announcing Michiko and Hatchin as the replacement for Inuyasha: The Final Act.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/72598827/#72598827

>Toonami picks popular show
>wtf everyone already watched that show what a waste why didn't they choose muh niche SOL instead??
>Toonami picks slightly obscure show
>wtf no one watches this we need more popular show like shounen #42
I think its easier to accept that NO ONE is watching anything on here.

>Will things turn around?
Have we been in free fall that late? didn't KLK and AGK come out in 2014? What the fuck happened

Twitter, Reddit, and Tumblr have pretty decent Toonami communities that watch weekly. I'd imagine there are physical gatherings too, most likely held in hotel rooms at anime cons.

Gundam got the DVR boost, and lost to MHA which got a 5 hour demotion. That’s much worse

The only way to get new viewers is unironically by getting the edgiest shows possible. People watch TV to be entertained, and fucking snoozefests like SAO, TPN, and Gundam don't help.

They never pick up obscure stuff though

>twitter
Not really a community, just posters
>tumblr
It’s dead, even AS thinks this

I'm glad user

What are these ratings like compared to the weekday 11pm to 4am run?

Toonami General has always hated Toonami. We only like things in hindsight.

Boogiepop And Others on Toonami eventually

Attached: 0710024226.jpg (1920x1080, 91K)

Food Wars is going to grow by word of mouth. A lot of newcomers probably thought it was a boring cooking anime, and the promo they made for it didn’t help. Having a tentacle rape 5 minutes in will spread fast

>implying
Most people seemed glad about Food Wars, and everyone was having a riot during the thread it was airing during

We will probably keep getting western shows instead

>toonzone
It's not called Toonzone anymore. They changed it a year ago to "anime something."

>that massive nosedive from SAO to Lupin
>CHAD Clover, Bort, AND Hero took a wet shit on it
Who wants to bet Lupin moves down in a few weeks when SAO is replaced?

Will My Hero Lackadaisical be pushed up now?

There aren’t any. They are already stretching hard to make Genlock work because it’s episode are not standard 22 minute length

No. It's about to end in a few weeks and won't be getting S4. to Demarco, it's over.

That was the post 9/11 lineup where Gundam had to be pulled.

The lineup was
5:00 Dragonball
5:30 Dragonball
6:00 Dragonball Z
6:30 Dragonball Z

It was the highest rated week at that point. This has always been an issue

Is it longer or shorter?

I legitimately would take FOTM shonen shows over that shit any day of the week

animesuperhero

Indeed,it fell realy hard, full of resetera/sjw/kickvick autists now.

This roosterteeth thing sounds fucking AWFUL even by the usual low standards. I don't know if I'll be able to sit through it and I've sat through every single other show that's ever aired even double reruns.

I might honestly turn to another channel when it comes on

>You can watch it for free on their Facebook page
link?

Yeah not excited about that either, probably gonna end up skipping it.

It's funny as hell that MHA was the last show ans still doubled numbers while everyone else was in low hundreds. Kek

Attached: dch5sg1-9a4c5059-bbf6-4d44-84c5-53019d6a987e.jpg (800x828, 416K)

Longer, but not by a huge margin so they can’t just slice the episodes in half. I don’t know how they will handle it

What you don’t want to hear a lecture on genderfluid?

For real?

Oh yeah, I can't wait

Attached: 1532828011303.jpg (640x711, 113K)

I'm in the same boat as you. I've watched every single night of Toonami all the way through, even reruns, even marathons, but this is the one show I REALLY don't want to watch.

A lecture about how it's a mental disease?

this looks like a parody like it was made to be made fun of

Please don't tell me those are actual characters from the show.

That's when you go back and forth between genders without changing your biological sex, right?

On the topic of ratings, oof. Love the OP pic, though.

Attached: Unpaid Tobacco Spokesperson Reacts to Seeing Their Face in the Newspaper.jpg (700x520, 91K)

Well, one character does think it’s stupid

No. The actual characters look like deviantart OC anime characters. They are bad, but not quite that horrifying

BASED AND REDPILLED

I just want to see /tg/'s reaction to it. No doubt everyone will do nothing but shit on it.

Spoiler that shit next time

Attached: 456552325151096.jpg (400x240, 14K)

I dont have much faith in it considering RTs other shows suck ass.

Why didn't they get RWBY instead?
At least that already has a following

>we still don't know what Sword Art Online's replacement will be

Attached: 1541723964280.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Because its early eps are QUALITY and are to short.

the doom posting feels real for once

It would be much harder to edit RWBY for television broadcast since it has 5 times as many episodes. Gen:Lock is currently only one season, and they probably have a deal in place that all future episodes must be formatted to 22 minutes.

Genlock looks like ass, but it looks like masterpiece animation compared to early RWBY. Not to mention RWBY length varies even more

We already know what it is. It's Gen:Lock.

The writing was on the wall for years now, they just were too arrogant to listen

That's Attack on Titan's replacement.

That’s replacing AoT stupid. SAO ends this Saturday

A broken clock is right twice a day. It’s finally our time of day

>genlock
you sure this isnt for [as] to test the waters for replacements/filler for the upcoming loss of macfarline shows?

It’s confirmed for Toonami. It’s going to bomb. It looks terrible. RT shit is something with a loud fan base, none of which will watch it on cable

Not arrogance. Denial. Sadness.

No, this is for Toonami to test the waters for more western shows on Toonami.

>more western shows
There fucking aren’t any.

Is there any hope we luck out on Genlock like we did with Gundam where they toss it at the end before it even starts? MHA ends close to the date they gave

Nope, it's going at 11:30, right next to Super. They need this to be successful.

legit sad
i hate that idea
i always felt doomposting was something people did for memes
but now
its got me hitting enter all
dramatically

Attached: 909b2e06d89abcff5f52973d3e782fb9.png (1291x879, 705K)

Any reason why Food Wars isnt on On Demand?

Missed the first episode and wanted to watch it but it's not there at all.

>Family Guy (R) (Adult Swim, 10:00 PM, 30 min.) • 0.425 million viewers [#351] • 0.19 A18-49 [#81] • 0.20 A25-54 [#161]

>Family Guy (R) (Adult Swim, 10:30 PM, 30 min.) • 0.486 million viewers [#266] • 0.21 A18-49 [#45] • 0.24 A25-54 [#86]

programminginsider.com/saturday-final-ratings-hbo-premiere-of-bohemian-rhapsody-tops-the-days-cable-telecasts-among-adults-25-54/

Attached: 220px-Peter_Griffin.png (220x320, 59K)

>animesuperhero
what a retarded name lmao fuck that they're always going to be toonzone

>11:00 Dragonball Super 529 0.25
>11:30 Attack on Titan 266 0.12
I-It's just because of the post-holiday wind-down! Honest! It won't drop as much this week!

Pic very much related. Remember, if it's too stupid to be true, that's a red flag that it is.

Happy to see that. Hope he does well from here on out.

Attached: Tfw you stop being the main character.jpg (275x516, 63K)

>Nothing can save toona-

Attached: Main.jpg (640x420, 143K)

Based PETAH shitting on everything that isn't Dragon Ball

>Amazon exclusive
Also, the pacing is a goddamn trainwreck

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

The the actual fuck happened during these pass 3 months

Doomposting became too real,it's altering our world

>Also, the pacing is a goddamn trainwreck
it really is

Oh yeah. I thought Ushio no Torra was rushed, then Karakuri basically cuts out half the plot.

People realizing the block isn’t gonna get better

Bro I literally keep forgetting Toonami comes on. And I've been sleeping on watching cable for the likes of Hulu and Netflix. Should I proactively start watching Toonami?

So is Genlock the result of Demarco’s incompetence losing two shows?

Attached: A613EBC0-D282-4FA0-82C4-EE06AD175658.jpg (750x1008, 162K)

Cabel is dying in general

>hurr cable is dying
>this explains the massive week to week drops Toonami has been seeing
Cable dying is something you can say when someone points out the block doesn’t pull like it did in 2015. You can’t blame the current disaster on cable dying

>there’s actually a really good chance that this comes true

Attached: E2B10794-345A-4568-B0A8-99FFEB9308DB.jpg (645x363, 124K)

What western shows!?

Adventure time and regular show/

I mean i see it all over on tv, i dont know why toonami is diffrent

Don't forget Steven Universe.

There's the problem with adapting a 30+ vol manga into 36 eps. Shame, since aside from that the Karakuri Circus anime is a better adaptation than most other manga would ever dream of getting.

So. With the current state of the block and the near future in view, how long would you give it?

Attached: FuckifIknow.jpg (263x191, 8K)

Another year or two, its not like they have anything to replace it with since AS shows dont do much better.

Because Toonami drops are significantly larger, as well as much more frequent. Even the numbers two months ago were miles better than this

The block ain't gonna make it to 2021.

AS shows are free to air though, and with Toonami shows at rock bottom, id imagine the prospect of airing free content for slightly lower numbers is being strongly considered at this point

This week on Toonami
>Universe 7 are fucking impossible dodge Stealth
>That Day where Mikasa, Eren and Arim had a Threesome
>Deku comes in Into Sword Art Online and saved Kirito
>Part 5 airs it’s final episode with Lupin’s Funeral
>Oops, This is a Christian Anime
>Traps debuts on Black Clover
>Boruto watches the full Moon
>Naruto rips off Sonic Rivals
>boring shit
>Shameless Plug for the MHA: Two Heroes Movie

Attached: 35A918CE-D900-4E6E-B8E4-CD7C56A1B2C1.jpg (210x240, 20K)

I’m gonna stick with I would worry about it less if we didn’t have an utter moron in charge that feels like he is intentionally killing the block
>Lupin and Gundam reacquired despite being ratings pits
>MHA deathslotted for no good reason which has already backfired
>Rooster Shit anything
At this point we are in a truth death spiral. The only way to fix this at this point is to can it, wait a few years, and try a reboot. But by then cable will be dead entirely

Attached: 2019-04-01.png (693x483, 580K)

Are they actually going to air the movie plug episode?

>529 -> 266
just fucking end it already

How dose toonami compare to the rest of as?

>1:30 Black Clover 186 0.11
>3:30 My Deathslot Academia 201 0.09
lol

Excluding Seth shit and Super, the block is either comparable or worse to regular AS. All this shit falling under 200k is the real issue, because even weak AS shows can pull that in a rerun.

>0.11
>0.09
Yes, we know mindless children are the only ones who can tolerate the abhorrent writing of MHA.

>they aren’t rerunning old stuff like YYH or old new toonami shows like KLK.
For the last time, nobody gives a crap about reruns. For how much people hate Jason he's literally right on that one. People don't watch them.

>MHA movie tie-in episode this week
Yesssssss.

Attached: J-O Midnight Teacher Mode.jpg (1080x1101, 167K)

>Demarco needs to be fired and replaced with another guy who knows how to get good ratings
Everybody who seriously watches anime doesn't use Toonami to do so, they either stream it or pirate it. Toonami is an ancient relic from an age gone by

S4 isn't even out yet anyway, so even if it were to be a thing on TV it would be at least 5-6 months

It's not that no one likes it, it's that almost none of them have seen it.

Toonamis been a pretty big deal in my life. I look at these images followed up by this weeks ratings and i think holy fuck.

Between [as] showing the same shows for the past 15-17 years
And their original stuff costs millions (makasue and tennis) and only really good the first time
And [as] losing Seth shows within the next few years because of the Disney buying Fox thing
And only seeing a tiny little spark under their asses to make their own content (ballmasterz only thing i can think of)
And the rest of cable being total dogshit

This shit is real.
Toonami, cable, its all going to die within my lifetime.

Attached: 18937432.jpg (214x200, 11K)

So what show could replace SAO that could salvage your interest in the block? Be realistic with something they might actually pick.

Also this has nothing to do with ratings, those are fucked for good. This is what would keep YOU tuning in. Or get you tuning back in if you dropped out because of SAO

Attached: 5C51F19A-0753-4B03-8378-5A5503227DF8.jpg (639x640, 50K)

Personally though in troubled times like these I would like to say damn Funimation. Damn their oily scaly hides to hell, but that's just me.
Last Man

>an ad for a non[as] steaming service
cmonanon

It’s out in October and it would be a simuldub, so it would be 4 months tops before it aired. But it won’t because Hulu gets it. We might get the sloppy seconds a year later when no one cares

Another. No I am not going to google who may or may not have the rights.

They said they sunk $3mil into FLCL

Bruh they ran an ad for Dr Stone on Saturday

I'd give it Spring 2020 at the earliest, and December 2020 at the latest. Once Super ends there will be no anchor show, and nothing even remotely popular enough to replace it.

Sentai does I think so it could happen. And if they started now, it would wrap up right around Halloween which would be perfect

Cable is dead, user. Simple as that.

Plus the incompetence at Toonami has been showing more and more lately (SOAs3 getting cut off mid-episode, losing airing rights to classic anime like CowBeb/Inuya, being too late on offering "newer" shows that premiered online months/years ahead already, shifting schedule too often, etc).

I don't want to see Toonami die again, but it might just... Be its time to go.

Tonight is the start of a slow suicide for me.

Ganna start selling my shit online and start eating myself to death.

Tonight I am going to start with that new Burger King taco.

I wish you all the best of luck for your post-toonami lives but its time to check out via fast food

Attached: 1506398431240.jpg (887x900, 232K)

Meant for

>Sentai
Funimation has MHA, not Sentai

Super into Titan: Lose 49.7% N-N-NEW RECORD
Titan into SAO: Lose 6.8%
SAO into Lupin: Lose 33.5% Sub-200 at 12:30? Uhoh
Lupin into Food Wars: Lose 6.1%
Food Wars into Clover: GAIN 20% Promotion when?
Clover into Boruto: GAIN 5.9% The fuck?
Boruto into Naruto: Lose 17.8% The fuck?
Naruto into Gundam: Lose 3.7%
Gundam into Hero: GAIN 28.8%

Current Records:

Loss:
07/06/19: Super into Titan: Lose 49.7%

Gain:
11/24/18: Boruto into Super: GAIN 54.8%

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Super going is going to be the breaking point. They will try to force a rerun and it will fail. When they pull that, there will be nothing to take it’s place so that will fail too. If AoT can only muster a meager 270k now, we can expect that or less for whatever is airing in that slot when Super leaves

my cat went missing once a few weeks before christmas, and came back a few weeks after new years looking like a skelly

my guess is he got locked in someone's shed when they went for the decorations

look at the ratings, nigga, we're losin a slot

>we actually broke the record
I never thought I would see the day
>33% loss that deep into the night
That’s new
>20% gain that deep into the night
That’s also new

Lupin needs to go to the end ASAP, it’s killing everything

>deathslot MHA if SAO wasn’t being replaced
Ratings or not, they clearly already have something locked in to take over for SAO

Are you telling me is not a parody?

>Gundam somehow beat Food Wars
>both premiers were absolutely abysmal
Holy fuck

>get to the basement
>half the audience fucks off

Attached: DAC89DFB-26F4-4E9D-91DD-B9FBBD471828.gif (540x750, 1.77M)

i would tune in for those lewd dragon tits

It actually didn’t, OP got it wrong. It was 154

>Super is ending, and nothing could ever replicate its popularity (and even its ratings have slipped a ton)
>Supposed kerfuffle with Funimation bars access to several possible shows
>Shows like Food Wars are destined to fail
>Perennial underperformers like Lupin and Gundam continue to overstay their welcome
>MHA, the best attempt at securing another anchor show, falls flat on its face
>Attack on Titan won't return anytime soon, and even then its ratings are shadow of what they once were
>Original shows like the upcoming Blade Runner series are nothing more than potential stop-gaps, as much like it was with Jack the ratings collapse when the premieres stop.
Halloween 2020. To put things into perspective, the reliance on Weekly Shonen Jump shows will also stop since Food Wars and Yaiba are the only two ones that have been dubbed and are new. Dr. Stone is a thing, but the dub will probably be reserved for Crunchyroll. Bokuben is also a thing, but that most likely won't be dubbed and even then is a harem romcom. D.Gray-man is the ONLY dubbed Jump long-runner not aired, and its in Funimation's camp.

[AS] will live on HBO max, the channel is fucked tho

do the stream/dvr ratings ever get posted?

at this stage those people are our only hope

youtube.com/watch?v=4oJe3PSG9F4 When toonami dies again we are going to get something like this?
>Bokuben
I would like to watch that one actually, now the toonami death is imminent maybe as well just fuck it and air shit like that

I almost stopped watching when the protags all of a sudden started acting retarded even though the enemies were almost beat.

No way will the budget allow something like that. It's a shame that it has to die like this.

What are some anime that can unironically save Toonami?

the super manga is ongoing, so it's only a matter of time before more content is animated. the question is will it be ready before toonami dies

if demarco got really desperate he could license the broly movie and split it into four or five twenty-minute chunks

jesus christ thats awful

Attached: what the hell was that.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Because he's not in charge of the scheduling.

There's Adventure Time.

You can watch it on the website or the app.

PRE-TOONAMI RATINGS:
8:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai 172 0.07
8:30 Dragon Ball Super 156 0.06
9:00 Rick & Morty 168 0.07
9:30 Rick & Morty 293 0.14
10:00 Family Guy 425 0.19
10:30 Family Guy 486 0.21

POST-TOONAMI RATINGS:
4:00 Gemusetto Machu Picchu 126 0.07
4:30 Ballmasterz: 9009 104 0.07
4:45 Tigtone 99 0.06
5:00 Aqua Teen Hunger Force 95 0.06
5:15 Aqua Teen Hunger Force 125 0.07
5:30 Home Movies 100 0.06

>if demarco got really desperate he could license the broly movie and split it into four or five twenty-minute chunks
Why do that when the anime will probably cover it.

yes

the movie is ready right now, the anime might not be ready for another year or two

Both FLCL bombed. Originals don’t mean shit if they are, well shit.

DVR is factored into the OP numbers. Part of the reason the 3am show always seems to spike is that it has a longer period for people to watch it for it to count.

Stream numbers aren’t posted, but you can typically check to see how many are watching at one time. It’s never more than 3k

Don’t forget Fairy Tail

I really feel bad for him seeing how he has to work under absolute retards that are killing the block.

Attached: 1515303233007.png (720x633, 526K)

I'm not going to tell you something cheesy like how much you have left to live for, but I will tell you that binge eating to death isn't as relatively painless as you might assume.

The question to ask is will Toei let Toonami have it in the first place. While they do want their content on cable, I doubt they wanted it rotting away on a barely living midnight block.

>license the Broly movie
Lol you wish they had that kind of money. And no, they can’t split it into chunks. It has to air as intended. But hey, maybe bringing the catalyst of Vic drama to the block could stir up some interest

Not a WSJ title, but still a Funimation one so no-go

Part of the ratings spike in 2015 was also because they lead into the block with double Bobs, Dad, and Peter. That’s why we had a starting point of over 1.5 million every week. If we had that now, DB at least would be at 900k

We still had several hundred thousand drop from DB into the next show.

>those Super numbers
>people actually think they can rerun Super on Toonami and not instantly kill the block by doing so

>I really feel bad for him seeing how he has to work under absolute retards that are killing the block.
There is literally NOTHING anyone can do. Be it Jason or otherwise. If Dragonball can't pull the sled, then there's zero hope for anything else to perform a miracle. I don't give a crap about Demarco, but this entire situation was an inevitability from day 1.

Cells at Work honestly
It's pretty fun

Attached: 70541877_p6.jpg (1378x1722, 586K)

>Fairy Tail
>not a WSJ title

Attached: 85D60059-D6D0-4D0B-A7BE-E690817C28B4.png (600x600, 175K)

How does Family Guy do it? How does it get above 400K ratings?

Super isn't rewatchable at all. It's just one and done.

>>not a WSJ title
It was published in Weekly Shōnen Magazine not Jump.

>99
>95
>100
>on a major cable network
How much is AS sweating right now? Their entire network is falling to pieces around them

same-day DVR is in the OP numbers, but nielsen also tracks same-week in a different category which isn't shared with us

That doesn’t change the fact that the people he is working with are out of touch retards

Don’t worry, they will keep American Dad, since Fox sold the rights to Time Warner

Unironically nothing. The time to think about saving Toonami was in 2016 when it was showing signs of trouble. Not mid 2019 after years of stupid ass choices that made the issues worse

Toei so far has been all about TV over streaming, so it's safe to bet they'd rather have it on toonami than on funi's hulu station

the more fun question is how long will toei keep funimation in the picture. they've done direct licensing agreements in latin america the past few years, i think they're getting tired of dealing with middlemen

>And no, they can’t split it into chunks. It has to air as intended

that entirely depends on the licensing agreement. they've licensed movies that way before, so it's not impossible

And i doubt that pushes the numbers all that much higher.

The rights belong to 20th Century Fox. TBS is just commissioning new seasons.

>if demarco got really desperate he could license the broly movie and split it into four or five twenty-minute chunks

I would laugh.

back then CN/[as] was also part of Comcast's basic cable package. They dropped it within the past year

Discotek has Hitman Reborn which had double D.Gray-man episode count but lolnodub

Could go with Fairy Tail but if this suppose issue between Demarco and Funi is true yeah Tonnami is screwed.

You don’t make a license agreement with Toei. They tell you what you are gonna do and you either do it that way or walk. Toei wouldn’t let the movie be cut up. And again, with the ticket sales it pushed, its way out of the Toonami budget

Expect Funimation to make a strong push to Toei to consider keeping the next DB on their service only. They will no doubt cite the pitiful state of the block and how it would be wasted on here, plus with cable rapidly approaching its end anyway, Toei is going to have to adapt sooner than later

>3:00 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 156 0.09
So I didn't watch Toonami last week but it just hit me yesterday: Aren't Gundam The Origin episodes like an hour+? Are they chopping it up specifically to air on TV like they did with that awful Unicorn edit from a year or two ago?

That changed years ago. And Toonami has still been in a freefall. That’s not part of the issue anymore

Nobody want to get up at 5am to watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The show was made for late night viewing.

It got a special TV cut that is 13 episodes. Apparently it’s a better cut than Unicorn

Long runners are the problem, not the solution

Nothing, the current audience for Toonami doesn't give a shit about anything other than Dragonball
Vinland Saga would've been nice even though it's an amazon exclusive and probably wouldn't do very well

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00.44.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

Reborn! would have been a perfect show for old 2007-2008 Toonami, but would have been an awful choice for post-revival Toonami. Fairy Tail is over 300 episodes, while D.Gray-man is 113. Fairy Tail isn't very good, and Gray-man is ok but the anime is terrible

>don’t advertise the schedule change at all because you don’t want to answer for moving MHA to the end
>wtf why didn’t anyone tune in
>MHAfags still show up for their show which ends up destroying most of the lineup and making Demarco look like the clown we all know he is
Amazing

>Bokuben
I know you're just listing WSJ shit, but if they were to air a romcom I'd hope it would be something like Kaguya instead. At least Kaguya was actually popular with normies while Bokuben was pretty much ignored. Bokuben was mediocre anyways. Also since it has fanservice it probably won't be considered, but I guess that depends on if Food Wars continues to do abysmally or not.

Attached: 1551521532667.jpg (565x421, 51K)

I wonder if MHAfags deliberately stayed up just to give a DeMarco a giant F-you.

I really wouldn't be surprised. He had no right to throw it to the back of the block like that.

I doubt either of them will be dubbed anyway

Everything even slightly popular these days gets dubbed. Both will no doubt

They really didn’t do Food Wars any favors with how they promoted it. They made it look like a snooze fest cooking show, rather than the fanservice laden ride it actually is. If they actually advertised it that way, it probably would have done better. I fully expect next week to improve as the word of mouth spreads

Not to mention putting Lupin ahead of it which we can see encouraged the audience to fuck off early

This block is just satire now as far as I'm concerned.

Ben-to on Toonami when

Attached: 1307668_Japanese_ShowDetailHeaderDesktop_9325bdde-4c55-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg (1920x750, 157K)

Alright so here's another ratings idea inspired by user input from last thread. All your favorite anime VAs dubbing over hardcore animal fucking. Either as narrator or the a animals themselves. This WILL this SHALL save Toonami. IMAGINE Crispin Freeman as wildebeest #1 totally watching wildebeest numbers 2 and 3 totally doing it. 2 and 3 voiced by Yuri Lowenthal and Erica Mendez respectively.

Crispin Freeman retired from Voice Acting.

Boogiepop, not that I'm not enjoying the line-up now it's just that I don't actually give a shit about any of the shows. I don't even care if they give it the Origin treatment, I'll watch it anywhere and the later the better.

Attached: 0530124932.jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

all of the promos for the past year have been utter shit

NO FUCK MY STUPID MEME IDEA ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Attached: Steeb.jpg (777x771, 67K)

he'll come back for this gold nugget of an idea

I was wondering why I wasn't hearing him lately.

I haven't been in these threads in years, what did DeMarco do to piss of MHA fans

Don't forget Lazer Wulf, The Jellies, The Boondocks, Black Jesus, and Black Blacking Black. I made that last one up, but could you really tell?

Attached: 1290211315054.gif (291x260, 1.18M)

Throw it to the very back of the block.

stream numbers as in watching the broadcast through the adult swim portal or watching individual episodes from the archives? Because I've been doing the latter basically all of last year since I moved.

Ben-To action scenes are so good for what is supposed to be a joke series

Took it from 10:30 to 3:30 for no real reason

Dr. Stone is a Funimation simuldub surprisingly enough.

it was doing shit in ratings it was deserved

The live stream of the block. No idea what their individual stream numbers are. I can’t imagine it’s anything that would blow us away because their stream service sucks ass

No, he's just extremely rare now since most modern anime dubs are non-union.

It was the second highest rated show

And that guarantees it won’t air on Toonami

Students fist fighting over discount supermarket lunch is an amazing premise

And now it’s the 4th highest rated despite being pushed to the last slot behind hours and hours worth of garbage.

Fuck off Demarco.

On paper it sounds silly though you have to admit. If Toonami wanted a food anime so bad, Ben-To would have been a better choice
>Funimation
Oh right, we managed to fuck ourselves out of one of the largest show catalogs on the market. Perfect

I'm still waiting for a Planet With dub, damn it.

Attached: 2f6f8d6a27624f41d071cb5063f9a4d61530947104_full.jpg (640x960, 241K)

High Guardian Spice obviously.

So does anyone actually believe that Demarco wanted Food Wars? The first episode had more fanservice than entire shows they have aired in the past, and it was standard fare, no taste fanservice, the kind Demarco hates most.

Whatever the case, always remember Sentai are our best bros even though we were dicks to them

Attached: 12DCA1AC-2C3C-4920-B2EE-94A086EE37D2.jpg (750x1026, 209K)

>for no real reason
Season 4.

As it should have been, but it was still under performing

I'm sure Demarco had no idea what it was before he put it on

Petty asshurt that only affects the block and the dwindling fan base isn’t a good reason

Food Wars was absolutely boring as shit bar the fanservice, why is everyone saying that it'll pick up?

>weekly shonen jump? That’s all i need to hear!

What exactly did Demarco do to piss Funi off?

Get the rights to the dub premier of AoT.

It's not fair how Yea Forums gets all the cool shit. I loved the fuck out of that Food Wars.

Surprising as it may be, Demarco actually isn’t the one to blame. Funi started the fire with Hellsing in 2014. The desire for their stream service to take root has caused them to just not want to involve themselves with Toonami outside of obligations like Super and AoT. Demarco apparently took it personally that Funi isn’t going to send MHA S4 to Toonami to die, so he took it out on S3

Toonami Insider here. I'm just going to be real with you, /tg/.

Toonami and Funimation are no longer friends. It just got less and less profitable for them to arrange deals for a dub, and the My Hero Academia side of the relationship kind of degraded at the friendship itself.

How did that happen?

Based sentai

It's not like there aren't any other companies to get anime from

If you're an insider, with the current climate of cable vs streaming services, whats the outlook for AS as a whole? Will it get pulled all together and become a service on its own? Is Dick and Blorty fucked?

He's literally in Judgment and Days Gone, both of which are out this year. He's also back as Speedy in Young Justice. He just doesn't do much anime anymore

Tell us some information we don't know that will be announced within the next couple weeks. Otherwise, fuck off, Famicom.

He probably only comes back for Itachi.

I knew the MHA deal would ruin things...

what if Black got adapted and aired on Toonami

Sony bought Funimation a year and a half ago, and is trying to make it into an anime streaming powerhouse on a global scale since they lost a ton of ground to CR by not investing in a proper service. They need to leverage all their big guns to draw people to Funimation Now, and TV is dead anyway

God OP is always such an insufferable ass

Demarco and Austin talked about it on Pre-Flight about a year ago. I only remember that because Austin said something along the lines of, "we'd love to show it on Toonami, but too bad it doesn't have a dub."

OP is stating the facts, DeMarco.

They just announced HBO Max yesterday, which will include content from CN, Adult Swim, Rooster Teeth, Crunchyroll, TBS, TNT, HBO, and DC Universe

This is why that insider should have tripped up

>god I hate all those facts in the OP
Fuck off

with the crunchyroll deal and warnermedia trying hard to crosspromote, it's an eventuality

>order 70 episodes of Arc and Darky
>Adult Swim dies before the first 10 of those air

Looks I know what to move on to once Adult Swim kicks it.

He doesn’t have to be a little smarmy faggot about it

I feel your pain user but it's the truth. this block is going to die before the blade runner anime even comes out and if it still lives another 4 years it's going to drag AS with it. honestly it hurts

Yes, google had that insider scoop too

He kinda does because it really drives the points home

Hey guys, it’s been 4 years now since I got to air on TV for a couple weeks before getting cancelled because no one watched our block.

You didn’t forget, did you?

Attached: FE9ED124-268A-47D9-AFC3-F2E5CDDE210C.jpg (640x360, 122K)

They'll just air Blade Runner on normal [as] if Toonami dies.

It’s gonna be full of SJW slop so id prefer it air there regardless

It aired on Funi's channel (back when they had one), WITH subtitles, and both seasons.

So when I briefly saw it again on Chiller with no subtitles I stopped and wondered how the fuck could that have happened and what could have possibly went wrong for such shit to have occurred and why did no one get fired for this?

>last weeks thread full of noisy, smug Lupinfags gloating that their shit show didn’t lose to BC this week
>gets moved up this week and is fucking destroyed by Clover, Bort, and MHA all the way at the rear
>not a peep from Lupinfags

Attached: 81FB4EF3-7E9F-4C70-B4BF-D3442B34AA6B.png (331x303, 92K)

I never even heard of the block during the very short time it was on. I would have watched it too but it wouldn't have made a difference anyways. Chiller is gone now too.

>I stopped
So did 89% of the people watching it. A hilarious blunder all around

If they do show up, they're going to claim they never gloated.

>Crunchyroll Dr.Stone control commercial
OH MY RATINGS

Attached: 1556899698198.jpg (1440x1139, 366K)

it's a ploy

lupinfags, just like lupin in the last episode, are playing dead

>that’s right guys AS and CR are teaming up!
>we get the distinct privilege of airing commercials for shows we will never air!
AS is pathetic

More like they are dead, and Chadsta, Bort and Deku double tapped their bodies to make sure it was real

>Lupin got dabbed by the Nu-Big 3.

Whoa.

CR commercials have been running during Toonami for years.

To continue to air them while having absolutely nothing to show for your “partnership” is pathetic. Especially when the show you advertise is being done by someone that is hostile to the block and won’t ever let it air here anyway

Isn't it a Funi show?

If that leaker guy from the other day to be believed , then all the partnership is amounting to is that CR produces shit with AS money, not that we get access to their catalogue.

For what purpose?

So basically what CR did for URAHARA. All it amounts to is the production of mediocre shit no one cares about. Amazing

The Vindication will flee to CR-Space once cable tv is canned

What happened to the black clover fags who kept saying it was superior to mha and would grt even better ratings if moved to its position. I wanna know how he felt that mha dabbed on his show even in the graveyard spot

JUST THE HOLIDAY MAN
FUCK HOT DOGS
FUCK FIREWORKS
FUCK APPLE PIE
FUCKYEAH CHERRY PIE

Normally I would mention that you as an MHAfag are represented by the left side. But despite getting the biggest shafting in neo Toonami history, you still stuck with your show and made Demarco look like a dumbass in the process. You earned being a right sider this week

Attached: 9737A786-488F-4D35-8F1E-9AF212424CA1.gif (600x431, 739K)

DeMarco is dumb and puts shitty already seen shows on the line-up instead of something new and original.

Is that an anime version of Ben-Hur?

How is this going to fare as the lead show in fall? There’s a really good chance that is how they push it since Super will be gone

Attached: 9539263C-F28F-45CA-B3DD-6FBEE2E3C984.jpg (750x730, 198K)

Is it good? Haven’t really looked into it.

>To continue to air them while having absolutely nothing to show for your “partnership” is pathetic
Partnership is an understatement. They're literally both owned by the same company (AT&T) now. Also makes zero sense to throw stuff on TV when you can just put the dubs on your already successful service for actual paying customers

Everything I've heard says it's great

Maybe if it stayed in early timeslot for a while. Heros been in the earlier timeslot long enough it has people willing to tune in again later, especially casual fans that see it as a companion of super. Also everyone knows the production value and overall quality of the BC anime is trash and not as well done as the BHA one, it just so happens the writing of BHA is actually worse enough its lesser as a series.

Outside of simuldubs, the closest they can get to that is stuff like Neverland where it starts right after it ends in Japan.

Wish it was Goblin Slayer

Hard to say, here are the ratings for 12/8/18, when the block had that 9-4 7 hour bloat

9:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 462 0.17 218

9:30 My Hero Academia (r) 370 0.14 176

10:00 Naruto: Shippuden (r) 342 0.13 172

10:30 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 366 0.14 180

11:00 Dragon Ball Super 498 0.21 271

11:30 Mob Psycho 100 272 0.12 154

12:00a Megalobox (p) 310 0.14 176

12:30a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 244 0.11 138

1:00a Black Clover (r) 229 0.10 128

1:30a Hunter X Hunter (r) 240 0.11 138

2:00a Attack on Titan (r) 267 0.12 154

2:30a Pop Team Epic (r) 201 0.09 113

3:00a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 (r) 207 0.09 122

3:30a Samurai Jack (r) 222 0.10 125

So it's shit then. Like all other "great" show we got.

>actually worse enough its lesser as a series.
OH you cuck clover fans slay me. See you next week when you grt dunked on again by a show 4 hrs later

Wew, even Family Guy reruns are sucking a huge chode. Does AS get shitty ratings like this every night?

I like it, I think it's pretty good. Only problems I can see is that pace is pretty slow, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they pad out episodes just to keep a slow pace. Like one episode they showed the same two flashbacks twice just to pad it out. Other problem is I guarantee people here will be put off by the comedy. I look forward to seeing /tg/'s reaction to Zenitsu.

Attached: 1558802951106.webm (852x480, 1.03M)

To be brutally honest it’s the truth though. I’m an crossboardering asshole so I can promise you the writing will get shoddier.

I never watched anything by Rooster Teeth, but I know RWBY is kind of anime/manga because of Japan thanks to that video game by Arc System and the manga by Shirow.

I also like the girls and porn of them.

Doesn't matter. Anything that isn't new Dragon Ball shit will fail.

Good series, but NOTHING will be able to properly replace Super.

>first episode of a long running shonen was boring
You don’t say? When the rest of the cast is introduced then it starts going somewhere

Predictions:

1. There will be a Super finale marathon at some point this year. Either the week after Super ends, or on the next holiday

2. It will get the best ratings Toonami has seen all year

Labor Day is the next marathon, they probably will do it there

>David Tennant voices one of the gen:Lock characters
Man nothing about the actual content of this show appeals to me but I might end up tuning in just for him
no homo

Shit, I check near-constantly on Tuesday, get nothing, then get busy with life only to see that we're 3/5ths of the way to the bump limit. Damn holidays, I swear. Anyway, here's last week:

10:30 My Deathslot Academia 428 0.21

11:00 Dragonball Super 549 0.27

11:30 Attack on Titan 309 0.15

12:00 The Promised Neverland 242 0.12

12:30 Sword Art Online: Alicization 250 0.12

1:00 Lupin the Third: Part 5 217 0.12

1:30 Black Clover 195 0.10

2:00 Boruto 185 0.09

2:30 Naruto: Shippuden 161 0.06

3:00 O MY RERUN NEN 186 0.10

I had assumed that with the holiday on Thursday and some sectors not getting the Friday, we'd be okay in spite of everything; in retrospect, having a marathon might've been the smart play. That out of the way, what the actual fuck is going on? I have never seen a demo drop between Super and another show THIS bad; maybe 35-45% but to lose HALF? There are so many questions: 1. Why did he grab Lupin yet again? Much better season aside, the audience is not liking it at all. 2. Why pick up Gundam if you're gonna shaft it at the bottom? 3. Would it have really killed him to keep MHA out in front until the end? 4. Why isn't he just grabbing a bunch of short shit and letting that air? We'd literally be better off on the whole - wonder if the HxH fans having nothing to tune in for has something to do with it?

Let's see how this weekend does with no excuse of any major sporting events or a holiday to fall back on.

The largest issues happened all at once: Comcast moved CN up a tier in pricing and when times are tough, cable is almost always the first to go, followed by block stagnation and burnout.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is great. Starts out slow, but when it gets into the story it really goes in.

Too bad anime uses filler and other shit.

Attached: canvas.png (904x812, 858K)

>open toonami thread
>IT'S OGRE TOONAMI IS FINISHED!!!!! FUCK U DEMARCO111!!1 THESE RATINGS SUCK!!@!@! STOP KILLING THE BLOCK RIGHT NAOOOOO!!!!!

Quality discussion as only one expects from Yea Forums

Attached: 1562655776381.jpg (1035x1280, 160K)

Why doesn't anyone like Lupin?

It's boomer shit.

it doesnt star a 12 year old child

They air every single filler for Naruto, I don't see why not.

It's really good but it's getting shit ratings. I really don't know why people in the ratings thread hate it

Home sweet home!

Attached: k28id2jo0w6z.png (1131x639, 663K)

I tune in anyway cause half the fun of Toonami is /tg/, otherwise I would just stream everything.

I like it, its different than most anime these days. Hope Toonami lasts long enough for them to finish airing the season

Why is your cat staring so intently at you bro?

Konosuba when?

Attached: 1534366125352.gif (540x303, 1.93M)

Demarco probably wanted Gundam higher, but the schedule department wasn’t having any of that shit. Even with the DVR bump that has benefited every show of the past, it still did terrible and lost to everything

Well yea, because they bought those. I just wasn’t sure if the movie filler was part of the standard set of episodes

> if the leaker from the other day is to believed

why would you out yourself as a gullible newbie by latching onto everything they say? they're literally just telling all the doomposters what they want to hear, because they're so easy to read.

The first episode of Gundam Origins was actually pretty good, had me interested more than IBO and Unicorn. I might actually stick around for the 3am time slot. Also hope there's more Char /ss/.

Every so often user, we do get leakers. Remember when we got spoiled on the last TIE event or that last week, someone accurately called that it was going to be Demon Slayer coming to the block?

It’s literally all right for once though. TG was bound to call it one day, and all the doom and gloom is finally on point. You can’t honestly look at those ratings and think this is OK

It’s been the same scooby doo zero stakes shit for 50 years. You know damn well Lupin didn’t die. Nobody cares

To love ru on Toonami when

I like it. But stuff that isn't generic shonenshit doesn't do well in the ratings, so it gets shit on in the ratings threads.

The audience wants generic shonenshit

Samefag. Just accept that Lupin is shit.

Have sex

>looking up a mha doujin
>toga
>every single one has rape and/or snuff tags with it
why the fuck

>he didn’t see the IRL Toga a month ago who took those tags a little too literally

Then why isnt generic shonenshit doing well?

>do you want to have sex with me, user?

Attached: 682a50c20f3192c27b0efffc9cee32a4aaec7195r1-225-350v2_00.jpg (225x350, 16K)

>constantly trying to get people to have sex with her
>ships every guy she interacts with with each other
>unwashed shut in
She is just your typical horny fujo, isn’t she?

Why can't they just air old classic shows? Would rather watch OG Gundam than Origin

>a yandere in a popular series
>wtf why is there so much porn of the yandere with typical yandere tags
What did you expect here?

Except she is cute.

Came here to post that.

Because shocking as it may be to you, these ratings can actually get lower. And old dogshit shows is exactly how you get them lower

What was it?

Rooster teeth gen:lock

But I mean, what did the leaker say about toonami?

What you'd expect. Demarco is an out of touch idiot, relationship with Funimation is in the toilet, the future without Super is bleak.

stuff without killing god fuck

Think we will see OPM season 2 on the block?

Attached: 1561417040324.jpg (771x1200, 101K)

He told us Genlock was coming about 12 hours prior to the announcement and that it wasn’t a popular choice at the office because many think it will kill the block

Obviously, it’s Viz. It’s just the matter of waiting for them to get it done

As soon as we got the TPNL and it was announced that Aniplex had Kimetsu's license, everyone and their mothers guessed that Demon Slayer was Toonami-bound. It was just too obvious that there was doubt about it.

Lupin is a boring Mary Sue and the show plays out too much like a western cartoon sometimes.

Yeah honestly I wasn't really joking.

I found this quite boring 3 episodes in, does it pick up?

Dios mio. I had to rub my eyes to make sure I was seeing things right. Sub-200k at 12:30...Toonami is kill.

That's why you should be a Kyoka fan.

I sure hope it was just because it was a holiday weekend

Attached: 1550454118030.jpg (680x500, 48K)

Soon..

Toonami will get a makeover.
TOM and SARA will be voiced by the guy who does rick and morty
the block will be nothing but american dad and rick and morty sandwiched between ballmasterz and ending the night with ATHF until 6am

Well ballmasterz and ATHF are pretty good, but I wouldnt want that to be toonami.

oh thats right
Why the fuck did they premier two shows on a fucking holiday weekend

I wonder what's going to happen when they potentially lose Family Guy and Bob's Burgers

>Character is literal edge with blood and cutting and gore
>Character is a yandere
>Why is there so much snuff and rape with this character
Bruh

So just Adult Swim?

How did these retards fuck up so bad that even boobs couldn't save them?

Another Space Dandy-esque show could bring it back from the brink
>stylistic and colorful so people are drawn to it
>big name anime series director ala Watanabe
>airs at the same time or before the Japanese episodes
>actually a really good show on its own merits
But that’s a perfect storm that will probably never happen, but here’s hoping, I really don’t want Toonami to die.

Attached: EA40E096-DD21-4506-8E65-E4A4BA92E2B2.png (1012x1445, 738K)

The first arc is the worst one, so yes it does pick up after that. Whether you like the material after that depends on what you're looking to get out of it. Personally the show didn't grab me until the plotlines started coming together in the VS Imaginator arc.

I'd watch it, but it also got censored. And not in a way that it actually needs it.

>boards.fireden.net/co/search/subject/toonami ratings/page/8/

It's really amazing what was considered shit for ratings a few years ago.

>kill la kill rerun doing better then anything on the block now
Damn, things have gotten bad.

Attached: 1381294215024.jpg (500x384, 16K)

Based AoT has a mandatory air date so they couldn’t delay the block
>holiday
>July 6
Face it, all the celebrations were long over

>not having a 4-day weekend

Attached: sealab-2021-i-robot.jpg (400x300, 32K)

Took too long to actually get some. Anyone who would have been sold on fanservice left long ago

I hate this revisionist history that Dandy performed well
>first season did slightly above average
>second season did abhorrent because of the cour split rerun
Know what happened a few months after Dandy ended? The ratings were so low they canned half the block.

>4 day weekend
>this means you are out partying for 96 straight hours
Again, Toonami aired long after the 4th, meaning it was a prime time for people to be bored with nothing to do. Catching Toonami wasn’t high on the list apparently

>get hype for a stagnant block
Glad to see that shit was called before it even started

>Funi started the fire with Hellsing in 2014
oh yeah I remember that

>any 3 of those being a ""Big 3""

>"ONE PIECE HAS GOT TO GO!"
I remember those days. Fuck, where has the time gone?

Could they air Senran Kagura, Railgun, DMC/Bayonetta, Fairy Tail, Persona, LWA, or Neptunia?

>License a show.
>Somehow you don't own the rights to all the episodes belonging in that show.

The whole thing baffles me. Hellsing Ultimate had 10 episodes. Licensing it should have you entitled to the 10 episodes. Was Funimation just being greedy?

Street Fighter

All of those are crap and nobody would watch them.

look at the ratings in the OP and then tell me that the doomposting isnt true

>To be brutally honest it’s the truth though
Uh huh sure

Why doesn't Toonami air obscure anime that are good, but flew under the radar because of more popular shows, and expose them to a curious audience?

Popular shows are a dead end. Unless it's a world premiere like Space Dandy, everyone would have already watched it before it aired on Toonami.

Ace Attorney

Demarco better not be a faggot and play the full OP of the final episode of SAO.

youtube.com/watch?v=iOKvONHQNYE

Probably because the situation is so dire they have to rely on name recognition. Choosing popular series people have heard of before is less risky.

ONLY ONE SHOW CAN LEAD THE BLOCK NOW

Attached: Asta.jpg (602x666, 235K)

S O O N

Attached: MADE IN ABYSS.jpg (640x360, 68K)

... i dont care anymore. if we get this i just dont care. the news of genlock really took the wind out of my system and the last time I was the "turn off the tv and shitpost" i always fapped myself to sleep and missed the 2-4am shit but fuck the idea of western shit just.. shit

user have you even been watching black clover the last few weeks? I refuse to believe anyone enjoys this show as anything other than a parody of shounen.

It's ok, user! Just accept MIA and we'll watch it together over any westshit!

youtube.com/watch?v=DiUKh_MjsI0

Attached: Ozen.png (1269x711, 343K)

>Implying Black Clover won't be gone when Super's done.

God, I hope I'm wrong

retard Rooster Teeth teased it a whole day before it was announced he didn't even say it was Gen;LOCK he said it was a RT show (not RWBY) to make it vague as shit

Y'know, pedoshit aside MiA seems like a genuinely interesting show that would be a good pallette cleanser after the dire pick-up of Gen:Lock.

talk about revisionist history for Dandy's ratings and then conveniently forget to mention a certain other new show that almost certainly had a bigger effect on ratings around that period.

if you want to talk about toonami's history at least be honest about it.

To be fair, current rumor is that Toei WON'T redo Broly's movie for whatever new DB show they launch to replace Super. Supposedly, they didn't even want to redo the first two Super movies for the first 26 episodes of Super even but Akira had to force the issue, citing the fact that Beerus was going to be a major player in the series and Freeza's aborted resurrection revisited later on and as such, he didn't want to deal with fans (many of which have been long trained to consider all DBZ movies non-canon) that skipped the movies confused as fuck with regards to who Beerus was and why Freeza's referencing of a previous return and why he now turns gold.

That being said, given the current shit with Vic suing Funimation, you also have to consider that Funimation probably CAN'T sell the Broly movie to AS as a four-five part mini series; especially since those fucks have made it clear, they want to redub Vic's work on the film just to spite him as part of their running vendetta against the man

Why are DeMarco and Funimation on the outs? Did DeMarco piss off the #KickVic faggots by not denouncing Vic quick enough for them?

LWA is better than everything on toonami right now except possibly AOT

TLDR:

Funimation originally provided shows to Nu-Toonami but then changed their minds because they decided to create their own streaming site instead.

Among the casualties, My Hero Academia's new seasons starting with S4, will be exclusive to said streaming site.

DeMarco is super pissed, because he paid a lot for the rights to it and now is being cocked blocked

Moves MHA to the death slot to bury it to spite Funimation, so as to kill the fanbase for it when S3 starts airing.

Funimation is now refusing to let Toonami get any future shows

Everything but LWA could. SK might get tricky because of the second season though

It was a lesson that you always need to comb over contracts, even with someone you think is a friend. It’s like when you make a wish at the end of Twisted Metal, one wrong word and you are fucked. The contract AS signed said they were entitled to all DUBBED episodes. When they signed it, 9&10 weren’t dubbed so they got excluded. Obviously that was a scummy trick by Funi to push BDs, but that’s what happens in the industry if you don’t keep your eyes open

>Toonami was literally the block that put Funimation on the map.
>Funimation backstabs them not once, but TWICE.

When did Funimation start to think their dick was bigger?

When they cut a TV friendly dub of PSG specifically for Toonami when the block had literally no money or room to complain yet Demarco still turned it away

Not surprisingly, worse than Super but Super doesn't usually gain quite this much.

Rick & Morty (R) (Adult Swim, 9:00 PM, 30 min.) • 0.168 million viewers [#886] • 0.07 A18-49 [#707] • 0.07 A25-54 [#771]
Rick & Morty (R) (Adult Swim, 9:30 PM, 30 min.) • 0.293 million viewers [#614] • 0.14 A18-49 [#202] • 0.13 A25-54 [#356]
Family Guy (R) (Adult Swim, 10:00 PM, 30 min.) • 0.425 million viewers [#351] • 0.19 A18-49 [#81] • 0.20 A25-54 [#161]
Family Guy (R) (Adult Swim, 10:30 PM, 30 min.) • 0.486 million viewers [#266] • 0.21 A18-49 [#45] • 0.24 A25-54 [#86]
Dragon Ball Super (Adult Swim, 11:00 PM, 30 min.) • 0.529 million viewers [#233] • 0.25 A18-49 [#17] • 0.26 A25-54 [#69]

PSG

>CN, Adult Swim, Rooster Teeth, Crunchyroll, TBS, TNT, HBO, and DC Universe
Bad, Good, Bad, Good, Bad, Bad, Good, Bad

I see people are already making excuses but given both Clover and Boruto gained on it, why couldn't Food Wars gain on Lupin as well?

If the audience for tits is allegedly gone now then there wasn't even a point in trying to get them now was there?

I do hope Food Wars doesn't flop but people who thought tits were sure fire solution clearly didn't have a clue. Not when fucking Gundam does almost as well hours later.

Food Wars is boring as shit with a stupid story. Nobody wants to watch that. Black Clover and Bortuo might have generic stuff in it, but they keep things interesting without relying on fans service and BC fan service actually improved characterization of its characters.

Is cable really dying? Streaming sites seems to be all the rage, but they seem to be very niche and shit and most of the time people are watching old shit they could watch on tv.

Am I just retarded in thinking streaming will dominate everything will simply blow over and people will go back to cable once cable providers lower their prices and networks stop jacking theirs up?

Double family man is something the audience has to get used to be in the 10 hour again too. Give it a week or two and it will be higher

Food Wars came right after Lupin scared most of the audience away, so there was probably a bit of a lag for people coming back. AS also did a shit job or promoting it, and framed it more like a boring cooking tutorial which probably discouraged people from getting back in a timely manner. The promos did not advertise the tits in the slightest, so don’t count it out on that front based on this week. If it continues to flop, then yea, the tits didn’t save it.

Hopefully when SAO ends this week, AS comes to their senses and kicks Lupin to the end where it can’t execute the entire night before it even starts. And hopefully they have a miracle title to replace SAO with, because they are hitting way to many stinkers too close together

>thread has been up for 13 hours
>already near bump limit
>no news is driving this posting
Phew, it must be getting pretty bad then

We are running on doom and gloom.

I'm gonna be real with you too.

I doubt you're legit. Everything you've given answers to these past days sound not only like something one would naturally assume, but also what our Demarco-disliking asses want to hear. And that gen:LOCK announcement you claimed was proof of your legitimacy? You could have easily LARPed that leak based on the Twitter tease Rooster Teeth themselves gave to [as] and acted like the tweet didn't exist when you posted, and the moment the theory came true, you just ran with it.

I'm well aware that Toonami is in dire straits with everything and that Demarco needs to get his shit together if he wants this block to last to 2021 like he stated it would, but even if what you say is all true, there's a chance it's all just coincidence and not concrete insider facts like the Intruder II spoiler that sparked the faggit meme.

Remember to boycott genlock by turning off your tv. With that free time you can send them an email expressing your anger and frustration. Be sure to include recommendations such as utapri, show by rock, and bakumatsu rock.

>Is cable really dying? Streaming sites seems to be all the rage, but they seem to be very niche and shit and most of the time people are watching old shit they could watch on tv.
You clearly need to step outside your home.
>Am I just retarded
I'm not even going to read the rest and just say yes you are.

>Toonami is supposed to be about anime
>Roosterteeth is now anime
Why can't we fire DeMarco and put someone from the general in charge?

Because DeMarco is literally the only person who is willing to run the block.

Christ. Remember when you guys made fun of Tenchi Muyo GXP and its at the time bad ratings? Now look where we are.

Being honest here, I actually liked GXP, at least in Japanese. Solid 7/10, I just wish it got remade with the original creator of Tenchi on the force, complete with extra content from the novels that never got translated that fixed the story.

Attached: 1562683989607.png (341x321, 103K)

Just put out a "Help Wanted Sign" with the prerequisites being you gotta know about popular anime and how to attract tv viewers.

Imagine not evolving beyond Cable TV.

>Implying that won't attract more Shonenshitters like DeMarco.

Guys, those are Sailor Moon characters.

I'd love to hear this TV friendly dub one day.

>LWA is better than everything on toonami right now

Attached: 1549093109166.jpg (281x249, 19K)

RWBY episodes vary too wildly in length for it to be a realistic option, and the early episodes are newgrounds tier shit. Of course it was Gen Lock you dolt

Dandy was literally a flop though
animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-07-19/interview-studio-bones-president-masahiko-minami/.104467

Attached: dandy dud.png (829x459, 49K)

The power of good animation and hype. It doesn't matter if the story is wack, just look at MHA.

>Moves MHA to the death slot to bury it to spite Funimation
>this is what retards actually believe
MHA flopped so why not put it out to pasture

BHA has the audience at 3 because of all the exposure it had at the top.

I actually agree. What event of consequence has happened so far in the anime? None really.

Isn't Funimation currently getting sued by Vic?

Toonami sux

this is easily the worst lineup since like 2015

It’s probably not as simple as that no matter how many times people repeat this narrative.

What's the story behind DeMarco posting here and the faggit meme?

When shows like Tokyo Ghoul and My Hero Academia got very popular without airing on Toonami. It was around then or maybe when they first started seasonal simuldubs that they started to believe they could keep shows restricted to their own platform.

It didn't have to be like this.

Attached: MEAT.webm (1280x720, 1.52M)

>What event of consequence has happened so far in the anime?
A lot actually
Anyone can prove this is false.

it's just people forcing their meme really, really hard