JOKER news VIA Empire Magazine

JOKER news VIA Empire Magazine
>Todd Phillips pitched JOKER to WB executives at the after-party of the premiere of his film War Dogs in 2016.
>The original plan Phillips had was for Joker to start up a new division under the name "DC Black" which would see several talented filmmakers put out movies based on DC's characters under lower budgets and little to no CGI. WB did not commit to the DC Black plan but they did greenlight JOKER.
>Arthur Fleck was written specifically for Joaquin Phoenix to play.
>There is not one green screen in the movie
>The original production title for JOKER was "Romeo" because Todd Phillips found Arthur super romantic and had a certain elegance to him.
>The movie is described as unsettling and Phillips says it's his most "unstudio" film in a long time.
>Footage was shown that was described as as intense and gorgeous and odd. The footage included a scene of Arthur interpretive dancing by himself as the "disquieting, cello-heavy" score by Hildur Guðnadóttir played during it.

Attached: IMG_rtl0so.jpg (252x252, 41K)

>DC Black
Where have I heard this before?

CapeKino?

Here's the original pages, they talk about the films history.

Attached: IMG_20190710_074422.jpg (768x1024, 152K)

This was mentioned/rumored back when Joker was announced, this is the first bit of official confirmation

Nah, ClownKino

While I can appreciate the lack of CGI and back to basic film making, this sounds like artsy pretentious crap

Attached: IMG_20190710_074427.jpg (768x1024, 165K)

They still cling to the notion, somehow, that what will make then successful is dark 'n gritty interpretations of their one-dimensional comic book Capeboys.
That kind of Edge is fine if you don't plan to make a whole shitload of money or anything.

Attached: Dredd.jpg (640x393, 28K)

Attached: IMG_20190710_074432.jpg (768x1024, 149K)

>which would see several talented filmmakers put out movies based on DC's characters under lower budgets and little to no CGI.
in other words, they don't wanna waste any more coins on capeshit because of how shitty their movies are always received

Attached: IMG_20190710_074436.jpg (768x1024, 161K)

More like an actual movie

Attached: IMG_20190710_074439.jpg (768x1024, 160K)

They've been chasing after TDK ever since it came out.

I'm seeing all these articles about how great this film is even though it hasn't even released yet.

I kinda want it to be shit at this point to see the pie in their faces.

The script leaked and it's test screened. And from the stuff we've seen the script is pretty great.

Shills like will never accept it as a dud.
It will be "Oh but it cost so little, think of the multiplier" and "Wait until the Oscars (because they'll matter again)" and "Critics and audiences just weren't intelligent enough to get it."

Ladderbro, honest question, what happened to you to make this your gimmick?

Why do I get the feeling that this be another film where people will say "this is the best comicbook movie ever! Everything else sucks!"?

>artsy pretencious crap
>jaoquin phoenix tapdancing
oh no shit?

Shills only advertise on Twitter and podcasts and nerd news sites. No one is advertising here.

that is objectively and patently false

MemeKino

Is it about how Joker is "le anarchist" who kills all right wing rich people? With Waynes as stand in fo Trump?

Attached: 1552432458782.png (341x341, 268K)

No. Joker uses the anti rich movement to bring chaos, he doesn't give a shit about their motives. He only kills people that wronged him like the guy who got him fired, wall street dudes who beat him up, late night talk show host who made fun of his standup live on TV. Also he calls Zazie Beetz character a whore after seeing she has a boyfriend.

If fanboys hate it, it will be considered the greatest thing since sliced bread and we'll have hourly threads about how audiences can't understand Comic Book Movies That Make Them Think.

If fanboys love it, it will be dismissed by critics as a toxic straight cis white male revenge fantasy and will somehow retroactively be blamed for the Aurora shooting.

Attached: 1530149418131.jpg (1700x1133, 323K)

I'm both looking forward to this and very afraid of how R&M types are gonna make me feel embarrassed for liking it

It's DC being desperate because they know their movies are complete shit

It's why The Kitchen is out in a month and yet there's been absolutely no marketing

Attached: 1561565812281.png (1440x2880, 708K)

>namedrops Snyder on a first name basis but Nolan on second

sounds like Oscar bait with a capeshit coat of paint

at least Based Marvel won their oscars without having to throw away literally everything

HOLY FUCK THIS IS A GAMER MOVIE

>dark 'n gritty interpretations of their one-dimensional
>Dredd.jpg

I want a Midnighter movie.

Unironically a good idea and ballsier than anything Marvel would care to try, so it's no surprise that WB in their total incompetence decided not to go for it.

INCELS RISE UP

It was a cancelled series that was going to be written by Brian Michael Bendis.