Secret Warps: Weapon Hex #1 Storytime

From the pages of Infinity Warps! The second part of this miniseries in the universe where all the heroes are merged with each other, creating some fun combinations.

If you missed the first part of the miniseries and some of the discussion:
Secret Warps Soldier Supreme Annual Discussion thread: >108548321

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-000.jpg (1192x1833, 776K)

Thanks OP!

Botched the link for the other thread there: Quick reminder that each of the Secret Warps issues focuses on a character, but they're all part of the same mini.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-001.jpg (1192x1833, 771K)

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-002.jpg (1192x1833, 780K)

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-003.jpg (1192x1833, 680K)

>censoring the swears with runes
Cheeky breh.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-004.jpg (1192x1833, 843K)

So they're staying with this whole Infinity garbage, huh. For what purpose?

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-005.jpg (1192x1833, 793K)

Because it's fun.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-006.jpg (1192x1833, 745K)

>Gabby and Quicksilver merged
That's so... Fitting.
>Speed Weasel
How can they get away with it?

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-007.jpg (1192x1833, 798K)

>Machine Man got warped with Mandrill
Poor Aaron, he didn't deserve this.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-008.jpg (1192x1833, 662K)

>the Punisher Pack
Damn, so they died here?

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-009.jpg (1192x1833, 686K)

they both seem really OP

Spoke too soon, timey-wimey shenanigans.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-010.jpg (1192x1833, 678K)

And these two are still 'entangled' in their Civil War...

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-011.jpg (1192x1833, 768K)

All these Warps are

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-012.jpg (1192x1833, 720K)

The mention of "Gallows" implies that he got it from Punisher 2099 and whoever he warped with.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-013.jpg (1192x1833, 747K)

Wait so who are their parents?

Is it though?

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-014.jpg (1192x1833, 717K)

>Hex Position
I see what they did there.

Are we finally going to find out who warped with Carol??

They're going by the High Evolutionary version of Scarlet Witch and Quickilver's origins, so not Magneto, I'm afraid.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-015.jpg (1192x1833, 718K)

The High Evolutionary merged with Blackheart is their "father", their mother is Sarah Kinney warped with somebody else I forget.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-016.jpg (1192x1833, 756K)

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-017.jpg (1192x1833, 588K)

Yes, and you'll never guess who it is. Seriously, never ever.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-018.jpg (1192x1833, 678K)

Yep, this is OP as fuck.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-019.jpg (1192x1833, 723K)

So did HE use Logan Frosts DNA?

Yes. It was fun and Klaw/Orb fusion in the last issue was amazing.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-020.jpg (1192x1833, 670K)

Now THIS is a plot twist!
>Time Flight Autority
Canadians in charge of protecting the flow of time!

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-021.jpg (1192x1833, 679K)

A quick look at the new characters warped in this issue, and yep, Carol was merged with Justice Peace, of the Time Variance Authority!

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-022.jpg (1192x1833, 624K)

And now, for a different story, written by Tim Seeley.
Gavrill is cute, cute!

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-023.jpg (1192x1833, 734K)

I told you you'd never ever guess who she'd warped with. I know who Justice Peace is, but I bet that the vast majority of comic readers don't Most readers probably don't even know that the Time Variance Authority even exists since writers keep ignoring it.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-024.jpg (1192x1833, 728K)

>Warped Carol has time-travel themes
>Warped Kamala has time-travel themes

I'm sensing a pattern. Speaking of whom, are we going to see more of Kamala Kang?

>Most readers probably don't even know that the Time Variance Authority even exists since writers keep ignoring it.
Everyone but Ewing, since he used them in the "You Are Deadpool" dicepool mini.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-025.jpg (1192x1833, 686K)

These two seem to have been too easily beaten.

lol what

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-026.jpg (1192x1833, 774K)

Now folk, no pictures during storytimes please.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-027.jpg (1192x1833, 704K)

I thought it was over when I saw that merged character list. My mistake.

Cool little sequence...

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-028.jpg (1192x1833, 755K)

Where'd the red hair come from?

No worries.
Wanda!

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-029.jpg (1192x1833, 691K)

muh dick

Time to break out the fanart.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-030.jpg (1192x1833, 758K)

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-031.jpg (1192x1833, 777K)

But Wanda's a brunette.

gotta love these hex puns

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-032.jpg (1192x1833, 697K)

This is probably the most likable Honey Badger has ever been.

And that's it for this week! Tune in again at the same hour next Wednesday for the Ghost Panther Annual, part 3 of the Secret Warps.
And go buy it!
Yeah but they have to insert the "Scarlet" motif somewhere.

Attached: Secret Warps - Weapon Hex Annual 001-033.jpg (1192x1833, 863K)

What's the rundown on Justice Peace.

Attached: 1483913994439.gif (245x200, 188K)

So the Mergiverse has a future, it really is a multiverse of its own.

They're sorta like a Judge Dredd parody that safekeep the Multiverse's time flow in check and deal with crimes against reality.
I was wrong before because not only Ewing has used them recently, Duggan also did it in the Wolverine: Infinity Watch miniseries, which I don't think it was fully storytimed back in the day.
So it seems, the Stones are large enough to contain multiverses.

As I had said, are we going to see more of her?

Attached: Kamala Kang.jpg (315x510, 88K)

>bikini
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET IT OUT OF MY COMIC BOOK!

I'd say it's pretty likely, she hasn't been mentioned or shown up in the minis yet and there's five of them total.

Attached: time_variance_authority.png (983x847, 1.25M)

Most of the Apedroids look like Mikhlo the Gorilla and the Awesome Android warped. But what about Peotor the Orangutan and Igor the Baboon?

You know? We could have a team for her, warping the current Champions with Kang's Young AVengers.

My only real complaint so far is the plot seems a bit to fast and hectic, but I guess that's to be expected since the writer has to introduce so many new characters while keeping the previously introduced ones in place for the overall story.

"Daimon Gallows"
So probably Daimon Hellstorm son of satan and all that.

Personally, I'm wondering if Kamala will lose her mind and go evil like the actual Kang did.

Captain Peace vs. Kamala Kang
Civil War 2099

Here's Justice Peace in You Are Deadpool btw.
I'd say there was more chance of her losing her mind while she had Cosmic Awareness like the future version of herself, than as Kang. But who knows.

Attached: justice peace.png (1321x548, 831K)

Genis started sane with his power, too. Kamala likely hasn't had her moment to snap yet.

Hopefully, no. After all, Kang was already crazy when he was merged with Kamala, and Kamala's mind became the dominant one.

Carol is supposed to be in her Captain Marvel's identity, but the fire powers seems to come from her Binary's times.

I dont...

I was hoping for Carol Braddock as Captain Britain, leader of Alpha STRIKE, but this works for me.

She still gets firey whe she goes Binary
Eventually they'll import the stellar look fro the MCU but not yet

Which is surprising considering that she's fused with Quicksilver.

exposition

So what’s the premise behind these warps?

the recent infinity wars event which was made to shill the movie. so instead of dusting half the population, the villain forced different pairs to merge.

Ewing likely did a coin flip to pick which British-adjacent characters he'd merge Carol with, and settled for the 2000AD ripoffs.
tl;dr, during the previous GOTG run, Gamora went evil and used the Infinity Stones to merge every hero in the known universe with another, to make it difficult for them to cooperate against her, and in turn created another universe (the Warp Universe). When they defeated her, instead of destroying this new universe, it was preserved within the Soul Stone, since those heroes were still sentient people with whole lives ahead and behind them. So not only they were merged, but also the storylines (previous issue was basically Civil War + Acts of Vengeance).

>Kamala Kang
>American Spider (Eli Morales)
>Viv Jonas
>Xandarian (Sam Kaplan)
>Brawnling (Teddy Cho)
>Hornet (Cassandra van Dyne)

The only problem then is that we lose out on the warped version of Amadeus being Mastermind Excel-Cho.

Attached: excelcho.png (656x1011, 1.42M)

>sam x cho

Attached: 1490989407072.jpg (680x383, 29K)

Very Good, pal! But I'm afraid you have some errors:

+ Kamala Kang
+ Patriot (Eli Lucas)
+ Iron Lad (Viv Kang)
+ Vin Jonas
+ Brawnling (Teddy Cho)
+ Hornet (Cassandra van Dyne)

*Nobody seems to notice it, but Sam was already warped with Chris Powell as Star Darkhawk. We ould need another warp for Wiccan.

Also, if you ask me, I think we could have a "delicious" warp between Miles Morales and Cloak, with Spider-Gwen and Dagger.

I imagine Marvel was not a fan of seeing the happy-go-lucky Power Pack as cold-blooded murderers, even if it was an AU.

>*Nobody seems to notice it, but Sam was already warped with Chris Powell as Star Darkhawk. We ould need another warp for Wiccan.
Dark Starhawk is Darkhawk + Starhawk, surely?
And why two separate Kangs? inb4 we wuz

>Kamala as a villain
FUCKING
Y E S

>Also, if you ask me, I think we could have a "delicious" warp between Miles Morales and Cloak, with Spider-Gwen and Dagger.
I like the way you think.
>Sam was already warped with Chris Powell as Star Darkhawk
This, although technically is right, because in 616 it was the combination of Robbie as Talonar and the powers of Starkhawk with the Nega Bands, but in the Warp Universe, it was the combination of Nova + Darkhawk. It should've been called Novahawk or something like that.

Attached: dark starhawk.png (817x937, 1.19M)

Darkhawk and Starhawk were merged, but Chris Powell was merged with Sam Alexander (who lost his helmet at that time). It seems some fusions almost try to merge more than two character, as "Bucky Wong" also has part of Bast.

Also, two different Kangs merged with two different people can work as "brothers". Same thing could happen with Arachknight, because his "personalities" could be a combination between Moon Knight's identities and Peter's identities in "Identity Crisis": Hornet, Prodigy, Dusk and Ricochet.

>this shit is cute

Attached: 1527190210418.png (1202x997, 688K)

>I like the way you think.

Thank you. It wasn't so hard to imegine it. During their trip to Weirdworld, Miles became Shadow Spider, having a cloak capable of teleportation just like Cloak's one. And Spider-Gwen wears baillarina's shoes, something Dagger always wanted to be.

Just made this, to better see the differences between both versions. As you can see, the Dark Starhawk from the warped universe has more obvious Nova features than the one to the right.
Hope they already went down this route for this series, because it works so well.

Attached: dark_starhawk(warped) vs dark_starhawk(616).jpg (1140x619, 410K)

We're about due to get one, since we've already seen several alternate Kamalas.

Attached: MSMARV2015007_APOC_FERRY_VAR.jpg (850x1200, 117K)

where is that from?

Sadly, just a variant cover from when they were doing an Apocalypse-themed run. This Apoc-converted Kamala's never seen an actual story.

Geez! This is getting really confusing. So, Hellfire (Daimon Gallows) was actually Hellstorm (Daimons Hellstorm) combined with Punisher 2099 (Jacob Gallows)?

I still think Power Pack deserve something better than the Punisher.

Mayor brainache!! Let's see:

High Devil's Missionary (Dr Herbert Blackheart Wyndham) = High Evolutionary (Herbert Wyndham) + Blackheart. However, his role in Weapon Hex's story also gather traces or either Dr Zander Rice or Martin Sutter. I don't know.

fuck my heart hurt now

Attached: sadkamala.png (321x720, 259K)

"Purple Zone". For a moment, I thought we were talking about the Purple Man combined with Annihilus and the Negative Zone. But I found another possibility:

There's a place called the "Purple Dimension" ruled by a tyrant named Aggamon. This could be the answer.

The first issue (the soldier supreme one) states that it works as the microverse

Back in the day she used to be drawn with red accents, meaning auburn, and in the 90s she had “proper” red hair for a while. They could easily make her a redhead (is not the comic kind like Widow or Jean where their hair is literally blood red yet we’re meant to think they’re natural) if they so wished.

Since everything around here is warped, they could have said "Wendy, the friendly little ghost".

This whole thing has been a blast. What behind the scenes shit happened that allowed Marvel to do something good?

...Fuck...
That's clever

"Lady Deathcicle". Anyidea from where came this name? Lady Deathstrike was already merged with Mistique, but I don't know any "Icicle" in Marvel, just in DC.

It's just her trying to be cute.

Well, I really want to see the next issue now.

Carolbump

Yeah

I was hoping to see more of the X-Brotherhood in this issue

Next issue for sure. It's called, after all, "Days of Future Mars".

It's set in the future though, a mixture of Killraven's martian invasion future (Killraven has been warped with Killmonger to create Erik Killraven) and 2099.

Isn't Justice Peace like a Dredd type of charcater? Why is Carol attracted to facism?

Actually, it seems all futures are being merged. We have a warp made of Daniella Cage as Captain America, who doesn't belong to any of those futures. And there's a future Iron Hammer who is Iron Man 2020 (Arno Stark) and Thor (Argo Ktor), who belong to another two different futures.

>captain peace will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

All time-displaced instances of the same person?
Or just very specific recruiting standards?

The latter. There's more Justices involved in the Time Variance Authority, and they all have ridiculous names such as Justice Love, Justice Hope, Justice Truth, etc.

>hex marks the spot
Heh

>What kind of Time Cop would I be if I showed up after the time crime was committed?
Heh.

Attached: CW2 Captain Marvel.jpg (1473x1080, 352K)

Did Kamala Kang's backstory get revealed? She didn't get her own one-shot right?

I'm sad they don't have their own annual in this crossover.

Yeah, Kang's backstory was revealed in "Infinity Warps 2", the same with the stories of Punisher Pack (God, such horrible idea!" and Diamond Patch.

"Diamond Patch" and "Bullsai" remain the best names of these warps.

>Punisher Pack
>Horrible idea
Nah, I think a bunch of preteens that live on their own and go around killing cirminals sounds pretty interesting actually.

This was super cheesy and I loved every minute of it, thanks OP.

DONT SAY IT LAURA

Oh, you mean like all the kids who born in horrible places, whose childhood is denied and instead are turned into killing machines for stupid wars?

Excuse me if I'm exceptical.

Maybe it was like the Punisher family and it was more funny that serious.

Attached: punisher family.jpg (1287x1249, 636K)

I think Duggan used the TVA in his Deadpol run, when Stryfe sent Wade to kill Cable.

Only Duggan and Ewing have used them in the past few years, that I remember. If any X-Men writer chose to use them, they'd have a field day.

Yeah, only they did it on their own.

Think 'I've got Batman in my basement' only the kids find some super powered armory and decide to kill criminals.

I don't understand anything, but I liked the costume