Why did Rebecca Sugar want to push this character so hard? He's such a lame antithesis to Steven

Why did Rebecca Sugar want to push this character so hard? He's such a lame antithesis to Steven.

Attached: The_New_Lars_027.jpg (640x363, 63K)

He's cute and unironically the best character, hence why his redemption arc was the kinoest

Lars went from a lame teenager asshole, and the third worst character in SU (just begind Onion and Ronaldo), to one of the best non-gem character in the entire show. Hell, he's easily in the top 10 list of best characters in SU right now.

Attached: Lars's gonna fuck your mom.png (2000x2023, 359K)

This. He's even better than that because they didn't instantly make him perfect, but his insecurities were focused on and actively dealt with.

All he does is remind me of what i could be if i put effort into things, fuck him

Attached: strangle.jpg (574x570, 28K)

It must be tougher for you, OP. At least people like jokes!

Attached: 1511984863342.png (875x480, 357K)

Pilot Steven was a fucking savage

The same reason why user wants to push his waifu so hard

So the recipe for a top-tier character is making anime references?

Sugar sure knows her target audience.

No he just stopped being an asshole.

I liked him more when the show stopped focusing so heavily on him and Sadie like they did in season 1. He's better in small doses.

WHY DIDNT THEY SHOW HIS SPACE ADVENTURES GODDAMNIT

>op 10 list of best characters in SU
Not that hard really.

Eh, maybe for some guys out there, but for me it's actually the way Lars grew up as a character, even before he became a space pirate (around the Aquamarine arc). He's still insecure, in fact, his anime antics and space pirate persona are just ways to cover his own insecurities. He's still Lars, but a better Lars than he was in the first seasons, he learned from his own bullshit, he hit rock bottom and started to try for real to be better, not just for his friends but for himself.

I can think of 15 I like just off the top of my head. There's few cartoons around right now I can say the same for.

>the best character,
elaborate. He's an awful person and never develops when on screen except for doing a complete character 180 in a single episode.

You mean this episode? The one that proved that theory was bullshit?

He didn't even get redeemed, they literally had to turn him into a new character to make him tolerable

Now with an actual pic!

Attached: tumblr_inline_p1x77rs0zm1tmdsxx_1280.png (1280x720, 425K)

You people really need to research this shit before posting. There was no insta-redemption, he became nicer to Steven and still struggled with anxiety which is why he was a cunt in the first place.

Attached: 557c13eb3f010f28d5770f680ac198c6.png (879x405, 433K)

Pilot design >>> final design. (It's the ears.)

Ugh.

Never considered him as much of an antithesis to Steven - just a cranky teen.

Pink Lars scares me though. Like, I'm of the opinion it's no longer Lars once Steven brings him back to life - and IMO some kids are gonna have fucked up childhoods assuming the same.It's such an eerie concept - I'd prefer if he was just magicked back normally, bad writing be damned.

Attached: tumblr_psj30hL7681tm163xo1_1280.jpg (1280x1769, 496K)

When your shitty parade chops up half my fucking city and I can't get across the street because of it, I can't help but be at the parade.

He, and to a certain extent Sadie, were OCs she made as a teen and decided to force them into her awful show.
Nuff said.

The whole fucking show comes across as some high schooler's webcomic OC donut steels.

Attached: 1562528795819.png (854x480, 226K)

Thank you, user. I was actually starting to think trans people were just like me, folks trying to crawl through the muck of life to somewhere better. Now I realize they're hypersensitive attention whores, and a sign of the degeneracy being brought about by a permissive, mollycoddling culture in which I life.

Being anxious is never an excuse to be a dickhead. It doesn't even make sense he's so anxious anyway, he can talk shit to his fat girlfriend and the fat faggot any day of the week but some hipsters trip him out? Makes no sense.

They were Ed Edd n Eddy fan characters in particular.

>Lars
>Good
>user unironically think this
Lars still is a mean selfish bag of shit, even after becoming a zombie, remember when he made a fucking tantrum because Sadie was happy without him.

>Durr character development
It's not fucking develotment going from a mean teenager to a fucking space pirate, obviously Sugar's writing team don't know a shit about character development.

Attached: 1541074584848.jpg (268x281, 24K)

>remember when he made a fucking tantrum because Sadie was happy without him.

Yeah 'cause being sad 'cause your loved one is far far away is completely equal to being an asshole.
You're a disgrace for somebody who use Hilda to support their shitty points.

It is being an asshole when it's presented in a way that makes him seem more self-centered than agonizing over the distance between him and Sadie.